[PRP] Run for it! (Threads x Guardian) [Fin] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It had turned into one of those times, that Guardian of Life was needing to do some hunting for food, a task she never truly looked forward to despite the necessity of it. Still, she was in the process of tracking and more focused on her task than her surroundings which was never a good way to go about things.

Still, Guardian was intent on tracking down her prey, stomach rumbling some. Sure she'd eaten some plants she had come across but she was needing something a little more filling and sustaining than just the greens and berries she had been eating for the last few days. This was definitely a need for meat, and so she continued on though after a time she realized she had lost the tracks she was following, and now was somewhat lost. This brought a sigh from her as she looked around a moment, and started off blindly in another direction in hopes of better luck.

(162 words)

Owlsomniac
Tada!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The sun is still high enough in the sky (though setting steadily), that Threads of Thunder can easily see through the more shaded regions of the forest as he makes his way quietly through the underbrush. His long, scaled, tail flows out behind him, providing an excellent counterbalance as he glides beneath branches, and over stones he's careful to avoid kicking over.

Though he isn't a creature prone to extremes of emotions, or desires, there is still a pleasant hum of accomplishment at being good at something -- and Thunder is, generally, quite good at hunting. He only does so when it's necessary, and finds it distasteful to hunt or kill otherwise, but tonight had seemed like a good night for it. The skies are clear, and there's no scent of rain in the air to threaten or scare off any would-be-quarry.

Even so, it's not too long into his hunt after a small group of pigs that the fur along his neck begins to stand on end -- the feeling of something being not quite right had slowly been sneaking up on him. He'd ignored it, at first, as little more than the low-grade buzz of nerves, of adrenaline, that usually accompanies a hunt. Now, though, he's not so sure.

It's become such a distraction, in fact, that he finds himself pausing at a well-used crossing of game trails with a frown as he realizes that he's not entirely sure which direction his prey has taken. He sighs, the end of his tail flicking in slight agitation, before making up his mind to head West. If he's wrong, he'll just have to find something else for dinner tonight.

Lirilei
Sorry it took forever! xD

Owlsomniac

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:53 pm
Guardian flicked her tail a moment as she stopped walking, listening intently. Something seemed...off. She wasn't entirely sure what, but it was a feeling she had. Maybe it was thanks to Feathers flying off, the crane tended to stay in the general area she was in, but suddenly, the bird had taken off without warning. Maybe it was a shift in the wind. Guardian wouldn't have been able to put a hoof on it if asked, just a sense of 'not right' washed over her as she stood there puzzled a moment.

Maybe she was just being foolish she finally decided, and yet...

Still, she continued on, she was moving to the south-west at this point, unfamiliar with this particular area she was in so she was moving slower than usual. A flash of white bird over head made her see Feathers was around just, staying out of reach. A shake of her head was given as she continued to walk, nose to the ground.

That was an unfamiliar scent, but she suspected it was a food source, so it was a good idea to follow it so she could get her hunting done and out of the way tonight. The sun was going down, and the moon was rising though of course it didn't look to be a very big or bright one tonight, at least from what she could see through the trees. Maybe she felt like something was wrong being in a new area, and feeling a little lost. That had to be it. Right?

(420 words total)

Owlsomniac
No prob! Things happen, trust me I know lol.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:44 pm
User Image
It doesn't seem to be long before the last rays of the sun disappear beneath the horizon, and it's only the light of the moon left to guide his way. The scent of his quarry is still relatively strong, however, though Thunder isn't as certain, any longer, that he'll be able to successfully hunt anything at this point. Even so, he's not quite ready to give up.

A flash of white catches his eye in the distance, and for a moment he thinks it might be what he's been after.

He pauses, watching, only to realize that, no, it's only another doe. A beautiful doe, at that, and one with a tail almost similar to his own. It's intriguing enough that he allows his hoof to press upon a twig, snapping it, alerting her to his presence. Perhaps this is her territory and he's trespassing -- it's only polite, he figures.

"I hope I haven't startled you. I didn't realize anyone else was nearby," his voice is low, but carries easily through the otherwise quiet of the early evening. His eyes, in the dark, glow a faint, luminous, yellow. "I've been hunting, and my quarry has been more difficult than usual to track."

Lirilei

Owlsomniac

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:12 pm
The moon coming out like it was did little to help Guardian find her way in this all too new area, though she was still wandering, not yet ready to call her hunting quits yet, she was still hungry after all!

She had been sniffing at some tracks when she heard the twig snap and her head came up with a curious look on her face trying to see who, or what was there. It was the sound of talking that reached her next, and she realized it was another kin, and not an animal. That was a good thing.

She heard a soft rustle of flapping wings, and glanced up to see Feathers flying over head, likely to find somewhere to rest for the night. The crane had been flying around off and on as she hunted, and it was always nice to know if her friend was near or not.

Finally, she turned back to the buck speaking to her and came a little closer, more into the moonlight as she spoke, her own voice quiet, mostly because she didn't want to scare off her prey. "It's alright. You didn't really startle me. Though it took a moment to know if you were perhaps an animal." though she gave a soft laugh. "You're not the only one hunting, or having troubles with it today. Maybe, two sets of ears and eyes will be better than one?"

Guardian came a little closer, a smile on her face, though she stopped as she heard faint noises carry to them on the wind, her ears twitching as she strained to make sense of the sounds.

(678 words total)

Owlsomniac
I am SO SORRY! I thought I answered this last week! The day you posted was one of my kids' birthdays, so I meant to answer last Wed. Oops...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:55 am
User Image
Thunder's ears twitch in the direction of the crane landing nearby, though his attention stays on the doe before him. She truly is lovely, he thinks, as she steps closer into the light of the moon. He can't help but smile at her suggestion, though the expression is a little wry.

"Yes... You're probably right. I've been unusually unsuccessful this evening," he sighs a little and shakes his mane. "Well, two sets of eyes and ears are certainly better odds than going it alone."

He looks into the distance for a moment, catching some faint sound that he can't quite make out, before his gaze slides back to her. "If I'm to be hunting with you, it's only fair that you know my name -- and I yours. I'm called Threads of Thunder, though you can call me Thunder if you prefer."

Lirilei
We can be slowpokes together. 8'D

Owlsomniac

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:20 pm
"A shame the both of us are having such a hard time in hunting." she wondered if perhaps their hearts weren't into the task that evening, or if it was perhaps just the way of things in general. She knew some days could be luckier than others when it came to anything in life, hunting included. This could have been one of those not so fortunate days was all.

"Even if we do no better working together, at least we'll have one another's company in our hunting attempts." which was likely a fair sight better than hunting alone. Something about misery and company, right?

She listened to him speak, agreeing knowing each others names were a good thing. "Thunder it is then. I'm Guardian of Life, but you can call me Guardian, if that is easier for you." well it was a mouthful, much like his so shorter was good.

Feathers made a rustling sound and she gave a smile. "It would seem Feathers is uncomfortable about something in that direction. Maybe it's that elusive prey we've been seeking. Care to come check it out with me?"

Owlsomniac
Thanks for the poke the other day!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:52 pm
"Guardian it is, then," the buck says with a faint smile. He turns in the direction she indicates, his ears twitching a little as he cocks his head to listen. There does seem to be some faint movement in that direction, though it seems too distant to clearly tell what it is.

"Sounds like a plan to me. Shall we, then?" He starts off with her at his side as they head deeper into the trees.

Here, the light from the moon seems to become ever more distant, until they're soon walking in what is nearly pitch-black darkness. Not even his usually keen night vision is able to penetrate beyond more than a few yards, if that.

But something about the place suddenly feels... off, and Thunder slows his steps as he glances at the pale doe by his side.

"...Perhaps it's just the strange way this night is going, but.. -- and I don't wish to alarm you -- but is it just me, or do you get the sense we're not the only ones doing the stalking tonight?"

Lirilei
I'm a slow potato, I'm sorry. @@ if you have AIM or something (or we could even try Slack), I'd probably be much quicker getting replies out on there, aha.

Owlsomniac

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:01 pm
He was an easy one to hunt with, unlike others she'd tried it with. Thunder seemed to understand that it was highly important to stay quiet so you didn't alert the quarry you were after them. Which again was a nice change.

It was good he was paying such close attention to the sounds of the night, because she was too busy trying not to trip over her own hooves at this point, eyes squinted and focused on the dark trying to see something, anything at this point.

His words though had her stopping again, ears swiveling as she listened intently. No sound of Feathers anywhere near. It meant her crane friend had either settled somewhere for the night, or was up high and safe. It was hard to tell.

Guardian's heart hammered a little in her chest as she heard a low sound a short way off. Was that breathing? It didn't sound like Thunder, it came from the wrong direction. Maybe it was a growl? It was hard to tell. "Its not you that alarms me in the slightest Thunder. I think you're completely correct in that there's something else out here... and I hate to say but I suspect we're the ones being stalked." her words were soft as she shifted her weight just barely, her side brushing his. "I hear noises not just to our right, but to our left too. I think if we continue forward we need to be very, very mindful of things, and be prepared to pick up speed. And hope we don't fall." well as dark as it was, it wouldn't have been improbable for one of them to find a root, or something else and take a bad tumble.

Owlsomniac
It's alright you're slow, I get that (5 kids in my house, so I get times I'm slow, and others I'm fast) I have slack! I'd prefer it to aim. My internet is pretty buggy and aim eats messages. Slack will eventually show them to me. lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:54 pm
Sometimes, Thunder forgets that other kin don't always cope with the dark as well as he does. He's not sure if it's necessarily that he sees particularly better, but he tends to be very aware of his surroundings. Perhaps it has something to do with his zikwa ancestry. He's not really sure. His grandfather, he knows, is an excellent hunter and his father was a zikwa, so it's probably not too far fetched.

Even so, Thunder finds it somewhat difficult to see, due to the lack of moonlight. He's mostly relying on his other senses, and he hears the low sound just as Guardian does. He pauses, lifting his head higher and looks into the dark as best he can. Even the crickets seem quiet.

"...I think you're right."

Kin in the swamp don't tend to have many predators, but that doesn't mean the larger predatory types won't try now and then.

Suddenly, there's a low growl to their left, and then another to their right. His heart picks up a beat, and Thunder growls back. "Wolves." There's no doubt about it. They're trying to flank them.

"We need to get somewhere where the trees aren't so thick. We'll have a better chance of standing our ground. Stay with me." He edges further north, sensing a ridge nearby, and pauses. At least one of their sides is covered. "We're going to run, and they're going to want to chase us. Are you ready?"

Lirilei
I'm trying to get into using Slack more often. I'm also on Discord if you have that. c:

Owlsomniac

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 am
She'd been afraid of that, when she realized how quiet their surroundings were. It was never a good sign of things really and sometimes it was one of those signs that was easy to miss if you were too focused on other things. It was a good thing it'd been realized.

"I was hoping you'd tell me I was wrong." a rueful note to her voice, but it wasn't his fault, and she'd known better. Still slight wishful thinking wasn't such a bad thing in this situation.

She keeps close to him, letting their bodies touch slightly as they walk so they can better tell where the other one is at all times. His question made her draw in a deep breath and exhale a moment before she answered. "I am. I'll keep up with you as best I can but if we get separated, don't you dare stop, or come back for me, understood? Get yourself to safety." her tone was no nonsense. It didn't make sense for both of them to be hurt, or worse if it could be avoided after all.

"I'm ready when you are."

Owlsomniac
Christmas break is over, and I can think again huzzah. Three weeks is too long... lol. and I don't have Discord/don't know what that is??

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:36 am
Thunder wasn't about to leave anyone behind if they got separated, but he wasn't entirely worried about that. She seemed like a doe who was in good shape, and though wolves in a pack were certainly a danger, they were still smaller than a kimeti -- and Thunder wasn't afraid of a fight.

"Just stick close and we'll be fine," with that, he lets out a breath and then nods. "Let's go."

He breaks away with her right at his side, and the moment they do a piercing howl cuts through the night around them, quickly picked up by another, and then another, and after that it's hard to tell just how many of them there are.

Branches and underbrush whip across his hide and face, though he tries to avoid the worst of it. A snarl at his side makes his heart jump in surprise, and without thinking, Thunder whips his tail to the side, smacking the wolf soundly and sending it back with a whimper.

A close call, and they seem to be getting closer. Even so, by the time he can see the clearing in the distance he can feel the warmth of blood sliding down his face from a scratch above his eye.

"Keep going! We're almost there!"

Lirilei

Owlsomniac

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:48 am
Guardian made she she stayed close to the buck, because the last thing she wanted right then was to be separated in a mess like this. She'd seen the aftermath of a wolf pack hunting, and while it wasn't another Kimeti, it still wasn't a pretty sight. She knew she didn't want that to be what happened to her in the end, so keeping pace was enough enough.

Thunder wasn't the only one assaulted by the branches and under brush, but she ignored it, because the small stings and cuts from the foliage was nothing compared to teeth and claws. She heard the snarl on the other side of the buck, and moments later felt a snap at her back hoof, though she kicked out and caught the wolf in the face to her relief. Good. Keep it from trying that again immediately.

The second snap at her tail pulled a yelp of pain as teeth connected as she swung her tail quickly to shake the wolf off, hearing it go crashing back into the underbrush from how hard she flung it away.

"Hope...we'll be safe...there..." her words panted as she struggled to see around them, to try and see how many wolves there were, and to not focus on how terrified she was feeling just then, and with good reason!

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:57 am
It seems like forever before they break through the last of the heavy underbrush to the clearing, but it's probably only a few moments. Thunder's heart is slamming into his chest, a combination of adrenaline, fear, and exertion, and a wild sort of expectation for what's to come.

Thankfully, Guardian is right there with him when they do make it, but the wolves aren't far behind, either. Their eyes seem to glow in the light of the moon overhead. It's strange, though, that they'd attack two kin like this -- but perhaps the winter was hard on their pack, and desperation pushed them to it.

There's no time to ponder it, though. They may have made it to the clearing, but the last thing they want is to be surrounded. Thunder heads toward the large outcropping of rock in the middle that he knew would be there, and climbs atop it with Guardian. At least now they'll have the higher ground.

"...s**t..." he pants, grinning a little at her, his eyes a little too bright. "Are you okay?" Yet even as he asks, the wolves surround the rocky outcropping, snarling and growling at them. In all, he counts six of them. He supposes it could be worse, but he wishes there were less all the same.

Owlsomniac

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:02 am
It was a little difficult for her to climb up due to being winded, but she managed none the less, and stood there beside Thunder a moment catching her breath even as she looked down at the wolves.

At least now it was possible to see them, though now she wondered what would keep them from climbing up here as well. "Oh!" she exclaimed some, noticing the loose rocks scattered around and on whim she swung her tail at one, injury be damned, and sent it careening down at the wolves, a pleased grin as she managed to catch one in the face with it.

"There's not a lot of rocks up here but maybe enough they'll think twice about coming too close...." it was just a case of how long could they hold them off? She leaned against him carefully a moment, though she noticed the blood above his eye and she shifted to carefully clean it away from his eye with her tongue. Hard to see with blood in it after all!

"I think it's a good thing we ran into one another tonight."  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces