Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
Art Auction Fund-Raiser Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which month works best for an auction?
Janurary
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
May
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:25 pm
Hi Everyone. I am planning an Art Auction to add some funds for future Balls and mini events. I am going to do the set up and running/hosting of it. I am looking for volunteers to offer up any kind of art or graphics for it. Plus I will need one person to make the thread graphics. You should post here with what you want to offer and samples. The highest bidder will win everything you all offer. Together we will set the timeline.

Typically I run art auctions for a full month, then give the winner two weeks to send the trade. Once the trade is completed I have the winner pm the artists and let the winner know a predecided time frame. For example, last summer I did it for The Gaian Sponsored Nudity Event. Most people said they only needed two weeks, but a couple said to give them until the event ended (an additional month). So I told the winner she should have all art by July 15th and to pm me if not.

I am thinking of having the auction in May. Would that work for everyone? May 1st-30th it would run, with a snipe guard, and then the winner has until June 15th to send the mule the trade. Once it's completed he or she pms the artists what they want(for custom work). With October and December being prime time for events, I figure spring is the best time for an Auction free time wise. Please let me know regarding your schedules though.

Below is a little form for people who want to volunteer their work.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:25 pm

[quote="Love Renewed"][/quote]
[b]I'll help![/b]
Username:
What kind of art?: (Pixel, chibi, traditional, Graphics, pre-made)
If graphics, what?: (Profile layout, thread layout, guild?)
If regular art - Sketch/black and white/colored?:
If regular art - custom or premade?: (If custom- Full body, bust, head shot)
If you want to do tiers, please list them:
Suggestions for an Auto Buy price?: (Will also depend on how many we have)
Anything else?:
Samples:

Love Renewed

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:32 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:04 pm
Eeyyy i want in but no access to computer yet will finish later

Love Renewed

I'll help!
Username: Mushyung
What kind of art?: Digital.
If regular art - Sketch/black and white/colored?: colored
If regular art - custom or premade?: Custom
If you want to do tiers, please list them:
50b- Bust
100b- Waist up
AB- 1 Fullbody heh
Suggestions for an Auto Buy price?: lots of moneh
Anything else?: nah. It might take me like two weeks to complete order tho depending on what's up.
Samples: dA
The day I do a full body is when I'm paid a tril for it hahahahaha  

aucosu

Crew

Familiar Conventioneer

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:17 pm
Love Renewed

I'll help!
Username: troubled-pasta
What kind of art?: Anything digital. Animation, graphic design, digital painting, lineart, game graphics, etc. (I have a degree that covered everything from animation and 3D modelling to web design and illustration so there's p much nothing I can't do).
If graphics, what?: Anything. Just give me the specifications and I can do it.
If regular art - Sketch/black and white/colored?: Anything. I really have no preference.
If regular art - custom or premade?: I'm assuming pre-made means like art made from bases? I just draw the poses myself so I guess custom???
If you want to do tiers, please list them: I don't really get Gaia's economy so like, *shrugs* I'll go with whatever.
Suggestions for an Auto Buy price?: *shrugs harder* I'm fairly certain if I was going to ask for a real world conversion of my hourly rate it'd be like seven hundred billion gold for a 4 hour piece or something so given that's probably not feasible I have no idea.
Anything else?: Just gimme a thing to do and I can do it.
Samples:
My Website
My Art Blog  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:33 am
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed

I'll help!
Username: troubled-pasta
What kind of art?: Anything digital. Animation, graphic design, digital painting, lineart, game graphics, etc. (I have a degree that covered everything from animation and 3D modelling to web design and illustration so there's p much nothing I can't do).
If graphics, what?: Anything. Just give me the specifications and I can do it.
If regular art - Sketch/black and white/colored?: Anything. I really have no preference.
If regular art - custom or premade?: I'm assuming pre-made means like art made from bases? I just draw the poses myself so I guess custom???
If you want to do tiers, please list them: I don't really get Gaia's economy so like, *shrugs* I'll go with whatever.
Suggestions for an Auto Buy price?: *shrugs harder* I'm fairly certain if I was going to ask for a real world conversion of my hourly rate it'd be like seven hundred billion gold for a 4 hour piece or something so given that's probably not feasible I have no idea.
Anything else?: Just gimme a thing to do and I can do it.
Samples:
My Website
My Art Blog
Auto buys these days are usually in the trillions. My last hosted auction ended at 650billion HB.

Premades are art that people make to use over and over again without making custom every time. They usually don't do edits on premades. Like this one-
User Image

This is a past limited from a shop I work in. It's one of several dozen premades we offer.  

Love Renewed

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:02 pm
Love Renewed

I'll help!
Username: The Handsome Mr-X
What kind of art?: Digital
If graphics, what?: (N/A)
If regular art - Thigh-High Colored
If regular art - custom or premade?: Full Body Colored Single or Couples
If you want to do tiers, please list them: 25 Bil - Thigh-High, 50 Bil - Full Body, 100 Bil - Full Body Couple, 200 Bil - Four Full Body Singles or 2 Full Body Couples
Suggestions for an Auto Buy price?: lots of moneh~ Right? I don't know, i'm sorry.
Anything else?: I'm still new to all of this, but I have improved as an artist and I want to help. If I missed anything, please let me know.
Samples: My Art Twitter  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:23 pm
Love Renewed
Auto buys these days are usually in the trillions. My last hosted auction ended at 650billion HB.

Premades are art that people make to use over and over again without making custom every time. They usually don't do edits on premades. Like this one-
User Image

This is a past limited from a shop I work in. It's one of several dozen premades we offer.

Lmao damn that's nuts, but cool though. In that case I'd be asking for 175b p/h. If i'm doing sketches I'd probably only take about ten minutes so it scales decently, but yeah for anything fancy it'll be 700b and up.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:56 pm
troubled-pasta

Lmao damn that's nuts, but cool though. In that case I'd be asking for 175b p/h. If i'm doing sketches I'd probably only take about ten minutes so it scales decently, but yeah for anything fancy it'll be 700b and up.
Once we have an idea of how many artists there will be, I can figure out an appropriate auto buy for everything offered. But with what we have so far I would probably do a starting bid in the low billions and let it grow over the month. We don't want to start high and intimidate people. But to get a bidding war going.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:13 pm
Love Renewed
Once we have an idea of how many artists there will be, I can figure out an appropriate auto buy for everything offered. But with what we have so far I would probably do a starting bid in the low billions and let it grow over the month. We don't want to start high and intimidate people. But to get a bidding war going.

Works for me :>  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

SnelsPace

Anxious Gentlewoman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:47 pm
Love Renewed

I'll help!
Username: Spindlen
What kind of art?: Digital fullbodies
If regular art - Sketch/black and white/colored?: Full color
If regular art - custom or premade?: Custom Fullbodies (2 singles or a couple together)
If you want to do tiers, please list them: n/a
Suggestions for an Auto Buy price?: UH my last personal AB was at 850B, so no idea. This economy is crazy.
Anything else?: I can work within 2 weeks no problem.
Samples: boopsies  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 pm
Love Renewed

I'll help!
Username: Your Iron Lung
What kind of art?: Digital
If regular art - Sketch/black and white/colored?: simple/full coloured
If regular art - custom or premade?: Custom- headshots and bust shots; maybe waist ups
If you want to do tiers, please list them: head shot - 80 bill, bust - 100 bill, waist up - 180 bill
Suggestions for an Auto Buy price?: i guess something around 300 bill? idk if im being too expensive haha
Anything else?: i work slow but if i focus i can bust a drawing out within the day
Samples: headshot, bust, waist up and then heres my da  

Saint Duke

Deathly Specter

24,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Striking Knight 150

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:59 pm
It's narrowed to two months on when to have the auction. Please take a moment to pick January or May. That will be when people bid, it will be the weeks following when art will be due. So a January auction you would want to be sure February is free and a May one you'll be working in June.

As of late, especially auctions with multiple people, auto buys are at least 1tril. Would everyone be okay with that? I want everyone to be comfortable with any number we ask for. My personal opinion is nothing under 800bil; especially with you guys. You're all amazing artists and are worth the gold.

Mushyung
troubled-pasta
The Handsome Mr-X
Spindlen
Your Iron Lung

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Love Renewed
It's narrowed to two months on when to have the auction. Please take a moment to pick January or May. That will be when people bid, it will be the weeks following when art will be due. So a January auction you would want to be sure February is free and a May one you'll be working in June.

As of late, especially auctions with multiple people, auto buys are at least 1tril. Would everyone be okay with that? I want everyone to be comfortable with any number we ask for. My personal opinion is nothing under 800bil; especially with you guys. You're all amazing artists and are worth the gold.

Mushyung
troubled-pasta
The Handsome Mr-X
Spindlen
Your Iron Lung

KEEP CALM.
AND SAY, "YES, MY LORD!".

Yep, I couldn't pin down a good time for me. Since I'll be looking to see if I got accepted at a college in Janurary, an if I can go back to work after a visit to the doctor.

You guys know how it is.
XD

But whoa, I would have never asked for a trillion gold.
I'll make sure to practice so I can take that gold with pride, and open up a shop with the same amount of pride.
T w T  

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Saint Duke

Deathly Specter

24,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Striking Knight 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:58 pm
i voted for may, but im up for either month; im out of school so i dont really have anything else going on that would put a constraint on my time

Locked Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff