Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[FIN] Life is Beautiful, Death is Sacred [Stil x Guardian] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The morning was still; the light from the sun held true, the leaves of the swamp's trees lay unmoved by the stagnant air. Not a bird sung nor did the wildlife move among the brush. This was an odd part of the swamp. Dead, silent, and unmoving.

Perfect for the bone-gatherer to do his work.

A buck, tall and gaunt, moved silently over the roots of the swamp floor. Within his jaws, held there ever so gently by razor sharp fangs, he carried a foal, dead from starvation. Framed by trees, one of many shallow pools of clear water lay, no more than three kin-lengths wide and barely knee deep. Ever so gently, he lay the child down and watched it sink. It wouldn't stay that way, he knew. So out came the stones. With a nod, he stepped out of the water and found his usual spot on a sunning rock to wait and watch as the body of the child returned to the MotherFather.

Lirilei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:01 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It was a quiet morning in the swamp, that or Guardian just wasn't paying close attention to her surroundings at that moment. She was pretty lost in thought all truths be told.

The day before had been a long, and trying one for her and it was weighing heavily on her mind. Some days before she'd come across a young buck who'd fallen and broken his leg and it was festering, and he was in pain. There was little she could do for him at that point he was so far gone. Still, she brought him water to lessen his thirst as much as was possible, and food went untouched.

Of course she could have left the buck to his fate, but she felt he deserved the dignity of company during his final days. Even if it wasn't a restful time for her. There were point in which he had been lucid, and had been able to talk to her. To tell her his name and such. She learned he had fallen while not paying attention, and broken his leg. It had taken some time to get his leg out of the hole he'd stepped into, and it damaged it further and tore the flesh allowed dirt and such to get in.

He couldn't say how long he'd been dealing with it, but she didn't suspect it'd been too long. He wasn't as bad off as he could have been physically if it'd been much longer. Still, it was a difficult sight to behold. The buck the day before had grown silent, he had no more fight, or fire left in him. He lay there shivering and cold, even as she did all she could to warm him by laying close. It may not have warmed him but she could tell she comforted him in his final moments, and before long he closed his eyes and expelled his last breath.

That had been at mid day and she had spent the rest of the day doing what she could for his remains, managing to get it covered with rocks, and bits of wood and such till it was a slight burial mound. It was the best she could manage with what she'd had available in the immediate area. Then once done she had started to walk even as the moon rose. It was a full moon so it was easy for her to see though she was almost too exhausted to pay attention.

Now, she was looking for somewhere she could stop for a bit, perhaps even take a small nap. Still, coming upon a buck... drowning.... was he drowning that young one? It looked like it from the position she was in, coming at the pool from the side, surrounded by the bush, it pushed away the tiredness lapping at her mind and she stepped out with a horrified gasp as she rushed to the edge of the water to see if she could somehow help, mind not yet realizing that she was well beyond too late to help, and that the buck wasn't the cause of death.

Blinding Silence
Don't worry about being slow. I can be too sometimes.

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:10 pm
Pestilence had scented the doe long before she charged into his clearing. At her startled gasp, he turned his head slowly to see her white form hurrying forward. As she reached the edge he held out his long, spear tipped tail and spoke in a low, hushed voice.

"Stop. You will disturb them."

As he spoke, shadows shifted in the still water. For a moment, the tiny body seemed to shudder back to life, but his knowing green eyes found these movements belonging to the fauna of these pools.

"Crawfish and beetles. They feed on the flesh of the dead."

Lirilei
Sorry for the late response, I'm pretty sick right now. ^ ^;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:45 am
She stopped abruptly at the others tail came up to bar her way and she turned confused eyes to him a moment trying to make sense of his words. What was he talking about? She caught movement from the corner of her eye and looked down to the pool again even as he spoke.

She could see the movement of the mentioned creatures within the water, and she watched a couple of moments more before she breathed out softly, and turned away from the pool to the buck. "My apologies. It seems I wrongly assumed you were drowning the young one but....from what I can see...that's far from the case." she felt very, very sheepish at this point.

"I did not mean to disturb you." not a bit. Her head bowed a little, and she breathed a soft, tired note. She definitely had not assessed the situation correctly!

Blinding Silence
No prob, I hope you're feeling better! I had to wait till my kids went back to school yesterday to be able to have the time to respond.

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:19 am
The darkly colored buck watched her unblinkingly for some time, drinking in the details of his visitor. She was almost perfectly white, save for the sheen of blue that danced off her fur when the light hit it. Thinking back, he tried to place that blue. Ah, there. The color of dead eyes gone, or the blue tinge of one out of air. It was strange, such a pure-looking doe having the scent of death cling to her fur. Blinking slowly, he shook his head once, shrugging off the accusation. It was one he heard often enough for it to no longer bother him.

"You did not disturb me." He said simply, lowering his tail so the doe could get a better look, "My work never ends, visitors are always a welcome surprise to us."

He was silent again, for a time, watching as he did over his brood. He felt no need to explain himself, but yet this doe seemed uprooted over the fact that she had judged him wrongly. And so, slowly, he spoke again.

"My family, my two sons and myself, we spend our waking moments putting lost souls to rest. We clean them, give their flesh back to the MotherFather's creations. The beetles and worms. My son lives for them, caring for them, breeding them." He chewed his lip thoughtfully. It was a rare sight indeed, this odd buck speaking so much. "I care for the bones. Piece them back together, as they once were. Clean them of this life, prepare them for the next. My eldest son sends them back. Their souls. With song."

The pause was long after this. He had said more to this doe than he had spoken to his sons in a year. He never expected anyone to understand, but, although he would never tell anyone, he secretly wished for it.

Lirilei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:18 am
Even as she stared down into the water, she could feel his eyes upon her and yet it was no bother to her to be appraised as she was, after all she was a stranger that had almost quite literally stumbled upon him. So of course being sized up was a normal thing in her opinion. Not that she was a threat, but to figure out if she was worth the time of talking to was not an unusual situation to be in.

"I'm glad to hear this is the case." she wasn't entirely sure why this was a relief but it was one she was feeling none the less. Perhaps it was because it had felt like a solemn moment she'd come across, and disturbed. That was very likely the root of it yes, that and thinking the worst of the buck she'd only just met.

His explanation had her head rising up from the water and she turned to look at him with a curious flick of an ear at his simple explanation for it all. "That is admirable, actually. Most don't know what to do for those who have died, how to handle it or what to do. To be truthful, those injured and close to death are also hard for others to manage. I think it's uncertainty, and despair that make it so. Still, one has to do all they can to help others no matter if they're alive, or dead."

She turned carefully to face him a smile on her face. "My methods may be different than your own, but I too have helped to return others to the MotherFather once their time here is completed. Offered them comfort in their final days, and moments. Done all I can to help them get better if at all possible, though of course not all ailments can be fixed."

She moved from the edge of the pool then, to let the creatures in the water continue to work. "It is not an easy path you walk, but it is one I can respect and even understand."

Blinding Silence

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:42 am
He watched unblinkingly as the doe spoke of a truth he knew but had not experienced himself. How many times had does and bucks alike been brought to him by someone like her? Pestilence never needed the survivors words to tell him the story of the dead. Their bodies said it all. Their expressions. The bruising of the flesh. The old wounds on their bones. He nodded slightly.

"Life and death are often at each other's sides." He said softly, offering his own respect and understanding.

He stood there silent for a good while, watching her, watching his workers, watching the waters. After a few moments, a few toxic-colored beetles trickled their way up his leg and into his mane.

"They are done." He said simply, nodding to a pool just a few steps from the one with the filly. There were many, mostly empty except for the almost glistening white at the bottom of a few. "You are welcome to stay, if you wish." If she looked closely, maybe she would see the small up-tilt of his lips. A smile, how rare.

Lirilei
If you want, we can end with your response? Or we can continue into the ceremony if you want. I don't mind either way. :3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:55 pm
There was a soft though warm smile to her face as he spoke a slow nod of her head as she mulled over that statement a moment and found the absolute truth in it to be a fitting thing. "Often more times than any care to think, instead seeing more as a battle, of who will win between life and death." when in reality, it was no competition in the end at all. Without life, there was no death, and life, needed death, or else things would grow to be difficult.

Guardian had seen an over large population of lions once, and they had hunted their area so thoroughly they were starving for lack of food. It would be the same for any living, breathing thing. Too much life, was not a good thing, and would in fact only cause yet more death. It was a delicate balance that needed maintained.

The beetles climbing up his legs, and into his mane did little to phase her, instead it earned a soft chuckle. "That is one way to keep them close at hand, to help you as the need arises." she glanced to the pool, to the now still waters a brief moment before she turned back to him. She thought that might have been a smile on his face, but she wasn't entirely sure. Still, his offer to her to stay she was sure was not done out of common courtesy alone.

"I would like that very much thank you. If it's not a trouble to you to have me here as you continue in your work." she breathed a soft note then. She was honestly curious as to what he would do next, to see what else he did, to send them on their way. An almost professional curiosity in the end. "Just tell me where you need, or want me to be, so I'm not in the way."

Blinding Silence
Continuing on is just fine!

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:18 am
The slight twinge to his lips returned as he found himself pleased that she would stay. That was all it took for this slow and steady buck to creak into motion. He motioned with his jaw for her to follow and off he went into the tree line.

The plants were lush here, and large; a sign from the MotherFather was pleased with his work. For a good, long moment Pestilence looked around with his acid green eyes until...

"Here. Hold this."

The darkly colored buck reared up, gently grasping a large rubbery leaf in his jaws, pulling it down so she could grab it. Step one, of course, was getting the bones home. This leaf would double as a carrier and the kin's final bed when they were done.

Lirilei
This is exciting~ I've never written out his process before!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:38 am
Guardian gave a smile of her own at his reaction to her saying she would like to stay and fell into step with him as he turned to walk away, eyes moving around the area as they went.

She could see how large and healthy the plants were, and gave another smile because it was a nice sign for any kin to get. To know the MotherFather was happy with them, and what they were doing.

Guardian had been half lost in thought as they walked, though she slowed as he stopped. It was his words that pulled her thoughts back to the present fully, and not mulling over spiritual things.

The leaf was enormous, and she stepped up to wrap her teeth around part of it and continued to pull on it to make it so that she could hold it in the long run.

Blinding Silence
Ooooh neat! I can't wait to see!

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:18 am
"Pull."

With some hard work and patience, the plant finally allowed them to take the leaf with a green wood crack. It fell to the swamp floor with a soft sound and with a nod of approval, Pestilence took the stem between his teeth and made his way back to the pools.

The sun was higher now, it's gentle beams of light sifting down through the canopy, peppering the many stagnant pools with golden light. There were eight or so pools of varying sizes, separated by thick roots or risen banks of mud and stone. If one looked closely, they may be able to discern the original three pools from those he had made himself.

He dragged the leaf behind him, his eyes flickering up every once in a while to ensure the blue-white doe followed still. They stopped outside the largest pool and he released the leaf, letting it lay where it was.

"They bring me their dead, mostly. Some times, they find us. Others, we find them." He explained softly, gesturing to the pools, "The water helps loosen the flesh. The fish and insects clean them naturally. I protect them."

Then, carefully, he stepped into the water ever so slowly, trying to kick up as little sediment as possible until he arrived at the first shining white bone. He lowered his head and with careful teeth, he lifted a dripping skull from the water. Holding the skull by one of its huge curled horns, he stepped back out placing the Totoma skull on the leaf. Them he returned, this time picking up a femur, then a rib. Shadows shifted under the murk now and, slowly, a crawfish emerged with vertebrae clasped in his claws. The buck was silent for a time, his eyes swimming in distant thought.

"Once the bones have been gathered, I take them home. Piece them back together. Make them whole."

The leaf was laden now, with all the bones retrieved. Pestilence took the leaf in his teeth again and gently began to drag it over the stones that would lead them back to where he did the rest of his work.

Lirilei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:28 am
She did as instructed and did pull on the large leaf, amazed by its size. She had never seen a leaf as large as this one in her travels. She watched as he took it between his teeth and started to walk, and she fell into step a little beside him.

Guardian's eyes swept the area as they walked, looking between the pools but her eyes though they looked did not see any difference as she did not stop to inspect each of them closely. Just saw that they were different sizes.

She could see that he kept checking to see if she was there, and she moved up just slightly, to make it more apparent to him that she was there as he came to a stop, looking first at the pool, then to him.

Listening to his words, she gave a nod of understanding. It made sense really. She watched as he stepped into the water, staying on the edge of the pool. The crawfish coming from the water was a surprise in that it helped, but it did not spook her in the slightest. Instead she watched him work collecting the bones, and laying them out on the leaf.

Moving away from the pool Guardian dipped her head with a quiet "I imagine the work will go easier with more help, yes?" and there she went taking part of the large leaf into her own teeth and helping to drag it along as well, being mindful to keep pace, to go with him in his movements so as not to tear the leaf, or disrupt the bones. She figured a little extra help wasn't such a bad thing, right?

Blinding Silence
Sorry for the long delay! I got smacked with bronchitis, and have been super sick, and unable to think clear enough to rp.

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:37 pm
Pestilence's liquid green eyes flicked back to the death-white doe as her teeth took hold of the leaf. Her assistance was unsurprising, and yet unexpected. Help was always unexpected. And always appreciated. The little smile returned as they plodded along slowly, back to his work space beyond the pools.

He lead her, step by careful step, into a large cave. It looked well lived in; a bed of discarded furs and feathers lay on a raised rock ledge, two more just beneath it. Along the stone walls, hallows had been painstakingly carved out of the soft rock and in then were collections of bones. It was here that his unfinished work lay, waiting for the last of the body to be found. In the high ceiling, a small hole let a wide, clear beam of light filter down making a spotlight of sorts during parts of the day. It was under this light that the unlikely pair came to rest.

Dropping the leaf from his jaws, he walked off silently towards the back of the cave, flicking his tail in a gesture to follow.

Lirilei
months later...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:32 pm
She was happy to lend her assistance to him, to make the task easier. Especially given the size of the leaf. It did seem like something that would be easier for two of them to move, than one though she suspected he had experience working on his own. Still, it was interesting to help and to learn.

She took in everything as they walked, simple curiosity filling her. She'd never met a kin who lived like this, who did this sort of thing. She felt a connection with the buck that ran deep. Two parts of a whole in a way. He revered death as she did life, and neither could be without the other. It was an interesting thing to contemplate, but now was not the time to let her mind wander along such paths.

A good thing too, else she would have missed his motion for her to follow. She caught it after lifting her head up from settling the leaf down. Her hooves were quiet on the stone, her steps slow, and carefully placed. It seemed like it would be rude to be loud here.

Blinded By Silence
It's okay! Take as long as you need to post, I don't mind.

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:08 am
He appreciated her silent movements, but his work place was rarely quiet. Between the strange chirping of Scourge's murmuring to his precious insects and Perish Song's gentle hymns, there was often more to the cave than the sound of rattling bones.

But today, the cave was silent. His sons were off, probably visiting their mother or some other personal things. He didn't mind. They were free to do as they like. Again, help was always appreciated, never expected.

The further back they walked, the darker and colder it became. It was here that the kimeti stored his tools. In large piles lie shells of various sizes, each filled with a thick, black substance. He grabbed one of the larger bowls, pushing it along the floor with his nose as it was too heavy to lift alone.

"This is black tar, collected from the tar pits to the north." He explained as he pushed the turtle's shell over the smooth stone.

Lirilei

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces