[Oba] Leaving the nest [Masika/Draven] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:11 pm

A small yawn left her as she checked the design of the dress she was working on. Masika had been busy for hours trying to make sure it turned out right. Now she just needed to double check the original design versus what she actually had pinned together.

When she looked at the paper then at the dress as it hung she noticed that there were some folds that weren't right. She took a deep breath and sighed as she rubbed at her eyes tiredly. Her small apartment didn't have nearly enough light for her to work with. So she looked around for her runes. Masika would cast a spell to brighten up her work space and hopefully that would make it easier on her eyes. The antennae straightened as she looked around at the mess. She had fabric scraps and pins laying everywhere. "Hmn, now where did I set those." It was just a shame that she didn't have a spell to summon them to her hand. Maybe she should work on that next.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 pm
Heras Box

It certainly was one of those days, Draven wandered towards where his 'sister' lived. Just behind him, Regale wandered, saddle packs strapped over his shoulders so if Draven wanted to ride he could. Finding the place that Masika lived, he turned to Regale and told him to remain outside, he was sure large beasts like a Janarim inside the building. Really, Draven didn't want Regale to tear things to shreds either.

"You stay here. I don't want you getting the both of us getting into trouble." Draven told the Janarim as the beast shorted and tried to follow Draven anyways. "Stay."

Regale snorted against as he backed off the stair to the building, moving off to one side, he laid down. Folding his paws some, he still didn't seem too pleased to left outside. "You will be fine, doubt anyone would want to tangle with you anyways. I won't be long."

Not even waiting for the Janarim to huff at him again, Draven headed inside. Looking around a moment he didn't much like the feel of this place, but it was where his sister chose to live. Shaking his head, Draven headed for her apartment. Course when he got there, he knocked on the door, not wanting to seem like a stalker of something.

"Masika, you home?" he asked, his voice a little loud.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:30 am
Kesmi

The knock startled her since she wasn't expecting it but when she heard Draven's voice on the other side of the door she relaxed. "Yeah! Com-Ah!" The sound of something being knocked over could be heard from inside as Masika knocked into one of the small tables and sent things flying to the floor. The Alk hybrid muttered a curse or two before speaking up again. "Come in Draven."

Since she had to pick up the things she had just knocked over she wasn't going to open the door for him. Luckily it was unlocked so he could enter freely. A habit of hers that she needed to break really. She wasn't living in Matori anymore nor did she have the protection of her mother being in the house. "Sorry about the mess." Just by looking at everything strewn about he would be able to tell that Masika was working on a project.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:33 pm
Draven stepped back a pace as a crash and clatter came from his sister's apartment. was it as messy as her room had been? Shaking his head, Draven took hold of the nob and pushed the door open. He paused looking around the dim room, really? "Still as scattered as every, I see." He teased moving to close the door behind him, though he wanted to leave it open to let what light there was in. "I figured you would have learned to keep things in better shape."

While it seemed fun to poke at the Alk/Water hybrid that he considered his sister, Draven knew that if he wanted to survive and leave dry... Yea he had to stop. But it was kinda fun. "But I didn't come here to poke, I have to talk to you." He said waving a hand as if what he said could be washed away.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:52 pm
Kesmi

She gave a small chuckle. "Yeah, well I wanted to get this dress done and..." Masika motioned to the many sewing things that were laying around. Thankfully Draven wasn't in any danger of getting sprayed with water since she didn't want to chance ruining her project.

When he said he wasn't there to poke fun she tilted her head a little. What was it that he needed to speak to her about? Finally in possession of her runes again she cast a spell to give off some light so that the room wasn't so dark. "What's wrong? Muma smothering you?" Masika grinned at her brother.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:26 pm
Draven gave the room another glance as light started to pour from Masika's ruins. Well that was better, not he could really see the mess, many things hung around the room. Some half done, some barely started. Always coming up with many ideas. Giving another shake of his head, he looked back to Masika.

"That always seems to be the reason of my visiting, Huh?" He chuckled. "Not this times. I'm leaving. Headed for Zena soon." He looked away as he said it. "I have yet to tell Dem though. You know she will want to go too."

He had a feeling that most the family would want to go with him. But these were things he had to do on his own, a path he had to walk. Looking back to Masika, he looked past her and towards what she was working on. He had to shudder inwardly at the times he played host to her pining. Those were times he did wish he were on his way to Zena.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:16 pm
Kesmi

Masika giggled and nodded her head. Draven had yet to get fully used to Dem's smothering. Hearing that her brother would be leaving to head to Zena she looked at him for a moment. He was half Ice, so it made sense that he would want to go. After all she had gone to Chibale to see what her Alk half was like. "Would her going with you be so bad? I mean she would make sure you were fed and safe on the way up." She didn't see the harm in it.

Other than him not liking their mother being over his shoulder the whole time.

The hybrid girl smiled as she noticed Draven looking at her current project. Looking at it as well she admired it. "I'm making it for a client." Masika said proudly. "What do you think?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:22 pm
Heras Box

Draven visibly flinched as the mention of Dem going with him being so bad. It wouldn't, but some times he did need space. This trip was something he had to do, something perhaps by himself. It was hard to tell sometimes and saying such things did make him feel guilty of it. Looking away he didn't know what else to say about it that wouldn't cause any more distress, but questions needed to be answered.

"Its not so much that, its something I have to do. A promise I made long before I met your mother and the rest of you." He started still not looking towards Masika. "I'm not really even sure the person I made the promise to is even still alive, but I have to find out."

This time he did turn his attention back towards Masika, he knew that her mother would keep him safe and warm and such. But he would have Regale, Nile he would leave in the warmer climates so that she didn't fall ill or something. He didn't want to lose the Keldari. Attentions changed to the projects that were scattered about the room. There were many here and he didn't know what to look at first.

"Always keeping yourself busy." He commented before looking at the one that she was currently working on. "Its nice, but you know more about this stuff then I do." He never had a thing for fashion. It was why he wore just about the same style clothing every day.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:02 am
Kesmi

She thought about what he said for a moment as they both looked at the dress that was waiting to be sewn together. For now it just had the pins holding it in place. Despite Draven not knowing anything about fashion just hearing him say that it looked nice was a compliment.

"Our mother." She finally corrected him. "She might not have birthed you or asked Aisha for you but she loves you just as much as the rest of us." Masika worried that maybe Draven thought Dem didn't see him as she saw the others. He was her only son so he got more smothering than the others. "I'm sure Muma would just like to make sure you make it there alright." Heck, even she wanted to make sure of that.

Draven was her brother and she worried about him when he was out all alone. Just as she was sure he worried about her having moved to Oba all on her own. "The whole family could go with you if you want." She grinned at him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:26 pm
Heras Box

"I wouldn't want to drag everyone up to the north. I'm just going to visit my grandmother." He looked away as he bit off part of what he was saying, he didn't know if she were still alive or not at this point. It had been some times since he first met her. "Besides, I wouldn't want you to fall behind on things here. You have so much work already."

He didn't want to take everyone, this was just something he had to do. The next person that he had to talk to was Dem. He just figured it would be easier to talk to his sister first. Seems it wasn't going to be as he thought. Sighing to himself he wondered how Regale was doing outside, thinking the beast was having a better time then himself. The Janarim always seemed to have a calm... Besides when something got under his scales.

"Plus, I need someone to watch Nile for me. I don't want to take her there. Its cold and I fear that something would happen and she would freeze. I came to ask you if you could, she seems to like you a lot." Which was the truth, the Keldari didn't take to too many besides Draven himself and Masika, "And I don't know of really anyone else I would trust her with."  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:38 am
Kesmi

Hearing that he was going to Zena to see his grandmother made her pause for a moment. Masika could understand the importance of that so she nodded. She looked around at all she had going on and then back at Draven. "I do have a lot of projects right now." No longer wanting to tease her brother she leaned against the table.

"I know you don't want Muma to hover but.. you should tell her the reason you are going and why it is important to you." She didn't like that her brother seemed to feel like he had to do things alone. Even if it was a promise he had made he had family now that would stick with him if he needed it. "You know Muma would never stop you." Or at least she hoped he knew that.

Still she shrugged her shoulders slightly. "I would love to watch Nile while you're away."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:34 pm
Heras Box

Draven eyed Masika as she seemed to just shrug off watching Nile? He knew that she would take care of the keldari, better then he could in the cold climate. Her well being was of the utmost importance to him. Still, everything always turned around to him talking to Dem about his trip up north. Of course he was going to talk to her, how could he not? She would come after him if he didn't and he knew what was on the other end of her duel swords.

"Of course I am going to talk to her. I know better then to go off without a word. Done that a couple times and gotten the wrong end of a temper." He rubbed the back of his neck as he spoke, it was not a memory he really wanted to remember. "I left a note for her when I came here. Anyways, how about we go outside. from the looks of the area, you have been in here for a while." He motioned towards the door, wanting to check on Regale before something happened. Not that he was worried about the Janarim, he was worried someone would do something to anger the beast That would be all that he needed.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:39 am
Kesmi

She gave a slight cringe as he mentioned being on the wrong end of their mother's "temper." It was more like her panicked mother mode. If one of her kids disappeared without so much as a whisper Dem tended to get... antsy. Masika looked around at her place before she sighed and nodded. "I've been at it for hours. I'm trying to get these designs just right." A break would be good though. Fresh air, or as fresh as it got in her neck of the woods, would help clear her head.

She smiled at her brother then motioned for him to lead the way as she stepped over a few things to head for the door. "So do you know how long you'll be gone?" Not only did she want to know as his sister but she also wanted to know how long she would have Nile. If it was too long then Masika might have to trek north to reunite beast and man so that there was no abandonment issues.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:07 am
Heras Box

Draven headed out of his sister's apartment. He was glad that she followed him, from the look of the room she needed a break. From the state of the area where she lived, in a way he had wished she stayed in Matori, at least there is wasn't so clogged. Frowning slightly he made it outside to where Regale sat waiting.

"Then this break will do you some good. Clear your head and when you go back you can concentrate better." he nodded petting Regale's muzzle as the Janarim looked towards the hybrid that his charge considered family.

"Shouldn't be gone a few weeks I think. The traveling will take the most time. Unless we can hitch a ride here and there." He had a feeling it would have to do with him leaving Nile behind. But he knew it was for the better, she was still young and the cold could be devastating. "I'll be back before you even know I had left." Draven tried making light of the situation, even if he didn't really want to leave anyone behind.

"I'm going to spend a few days in Zena, see what it's like,
I'll bring you home something."

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:30 am
Kesmi

She had to admit that her brother was likely right. A break would do her some good. It could give her mind some time to clear as well as give her lungs a good cleaning from the dusty air in her apartment. Once outside, where her brother's janarim was waiting, she grinned and moved toward the beast. "Hey Regale, hey boy. You look after Draven or I'll tell mom to let Ascale jump on you." Masika chuckled at the empty threat she issued. At the same time she reached up to gently pet the familiars nose. "I'm kidding boy, I know you'll do good." This time her gaze moved away from Regale so that she could look at her brother.

Her head gave a nod as he said that he wouldn't be gone that long. Apparently his business was important but he wanted to be quick about it. "You don't have to rush. Nile will be in good hands. I just wanted to make sure I had enough food for her." Not that buying more would be any problem. Her mother made sure that she had enough coin for whatever it was she wanted or needed.

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff