Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I'm Going to Make a Thread Too~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Novii Poll
  Is typically not creative.
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:25 pm
Hey kidz.
What's up?
How's the weather?
How's the tea?

HAS IT REALLY BEEN YEARS?
LIKE REALLY?
REALLY?

I hope everyone is well and stuff.
I'm getting prepared for a move across the country, I'm TWENTY FIVE NOW, my restaurant closed, and now I work at SUBWAY. I'm already a SHIFT LEADER oh GOSHSOCOOLIKNOWRIGHT. But I have the internet a few times a week now because of that, so hey there.

Anyway, here's another thread.
Bye 'n stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:26 pm
TELL ME MORE THINGS ABOUT YOUR LIVES.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:59 pm
The weather outside is FRIGHTFUL D: Each year that goes by makes me dislike snow more than the last...there is no tea though. Not really a thing I do ninja

I think it's been years. Like...a couple. A few. Maybe four. Not 100% sure when I or anyone else stopped being super regular, but hey, maybe that'll change WHO KNOWS?

Congrats on living to 25! I'm gonna be 32 in another three days crying My poor, wasted youth...also glad you've got internet more than not at all since that s**t's terrible. I think the last time I was completely without internet was when I was in...oh wait no, it was later than that. Some time when I was in the military for sure.

My life? Man. I had (Still have? Technically?) a YouTube gaming channel I was doing with my girlfriend's sister. It's kind of died down...though I hope to start streaming when Breath of the Wild comes out.

Also I finished writing a novel about a year ago, but I still need to tweak a liiiiiittle more of it before I send it off to an editor who will rip it apart and make me cry. But if I can fix whatever they say is wrong with it, maybe it can get published and turned into a movie and I can get Aubrey Plaza to voice one of the characters.

Finishing up a blind Nuzlocke in Pokémon Sun. I'd love to do something with the whole saga when I'm done, but I can't draw, and going back to the pixel art I did for the Crystal one I started long ago doesn't super appeal to me either...plus it'd be a pain in the a** now that Tek Tek is gone.

Aside from that...just trying to find meaning and purpose in my life.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:31 am
We had an awful ice storm a week or so ago and it sucked.  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:30 am
What's up?
How's the weather?
How's the tea?

LIKE REALLY?
REALLY?

Same ol

Its rained most days this summer, might be a record breaker potentially.

I tend to only really drink the bubble/milk kind, and mostly when over seas. Coffee has been pretty good though.

Dunno, years kind of melt togather these days.

Yep I cracked the third decade last year.

Gratz on being a leader to the sandwich artists of the world. Sorry to hear about the resturant, I was hoping to make it there sometime still sweatdrop

I dont really know what stage of my life I was at last time we talked. But I have been a ranger the past few years (for half the year) and then travel part of the other half, and do a bit of temping. Spent two months in thailand last year and two in vietnam. Still deciding where I will travel to this year. Partly depends on when this contract ends/how much I have saved by that point.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:23 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
The weather outside is FRIGHTFUL D: Each year that goes by makes me dislike snow more than the last...there is no tea though. Not really a thing I do ninja

I think it's been years. Like...a couple. A few. Maybe four. Not 100% sure when I or anyone else stopped being super regular, but hey, maybe that'll change WHO KNOWS?

Congrats on living to 25! I'm gonna be 32 in another three days crying My poor, wasted youth...also glad you've got internet more than not at all since that s**t's terrible. I think the last time I was completely without internet was when I was in...oh wait no, it was later than that. Some time when I was in the military for sure.

My life? Man. I had (Still have? Technically?) a YouTube gaming channel I was doing with my girlfriend's sister. It's kind of died down...though I hope to start streaming when Breath of the Wild comes out.

Also I finished writing a novel about a year ago, but I still need to tweak a liiiiiittle more of it before I send it off to an editor who will rip it apart and make me cry. But if I can fix whatever they say is wrong with it, maybe it can get published and turned into a movie and I can get Aubrey Plaza to voice one of the characters.

Finishing up a blind Nuzlocke in Pokémon Sun. I'd love to do something with the whole saga when I'm done, but I can't draw, and going back to the pixel art I did for the Crystal one I started long ago doesn't super appeal to me either...plus it'd be a pain in the a** now that Tek Tek is gone.

Aside from that...just trying to find meaning and purpose in my life.

But tea is so wonderful D:

I know for me it was right around 2014, because that was when my Uncle's daughter was born and I flaked on meeting a couple of internet friends because s**t WAS HITTING THE FAN. I'd like everyone to be more regular, but it's so hard these days. Real life mang.

YOU'RE NOT EVEN OLD YET GOLDIE. SHUT UP.

It has been AWFUL not having internet. Especially paying bills (or not, depending lol)

I REMEMBER YOUR NOVEL. I still really want to read it. :3

HOLY CRAP TEKTEK IS GONE. I HAD NO IDEA. WHAT HAPPENED?
Could research.
Won't though because I'm supposed to be cleaning cutting boards right now.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:27 pm
Sagebomb
What's up?
How's the weather?
How's the tea?

LIKE REALLY?
REALLY?

Same ol

Its rained most days this summer, might be a record breaker potentially.

I tend to only really drink the bubble/milk kind, and mostly when over seas. Coffee has been pretty good though.

Dunno, years kind of melt togather these days.

Yep I cracked the third decade last year.

Gratz on being a leader to the sandwich artists of the world. Sorry to hear about the resturant, I was hoping to make it there sometime still sweatdrop

I dont really know what stage of my life I was at last time we talked. But I have been a ranger the past few years (for half the year) and then travel part of the other half, and do a bit of temping. Spent two months in thailand last year and two in vietnam. Still deciding where I will travel to this year. Partly depends on when this contract ends/how much I have saved by that point.

God I LOVE YOUR PICTURES. They are like a highlight when I log into facebook. Seriously. Lots of colorful little creatures. :3

Anyways, I've never had bubble tea. Is it as good as everyone raves about? I know it's like, a "fad" and no one around here drinks or sells it.

Last time we spoke I believe I flaked out on you coming down to Texas for a meet up, actually. It was right around the time that my Uncle's daughter was born so like...2014?

Anyway, on the restaurant it's all good. I still know how to make an AMAZING pizza for when the time comes to actually meet! :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:38 pm
DarkMoonSlayer

ICE STOOOORRRRRRMMMMMMMMSSSSS.
I hope you and your mom were warm and toasty inside at least, y'all didn't lose power did you? :<  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:26 pm
Citrus Novii

God I LOVE YOUR PICTURES. They are like a highlight when I log into facebook. Seriously. Lots of colorful little creatures. :3

Anyways, I've never had bubble tea. Is it as good as everyone raves about? I know it's like, a "fad" and no one around here drinks or sells it.

Last time we spoke I believe I flaked out on you coming down to Texas for a meet up, actually. It was right around the time that my Uncle's daughter was born so like...2014?

Anyway, on the restaurant it's all good. I still know how to make an AMAZING pizza for when the time comes to actually meet! :3

Thanks, I enjoy seeing nature, and taking photos. Trying to get better at both...

Also I kind of hope with nature pics I can inspire some others to get out and see more.

Maybe, dunno. You can make your own, you can buy your own tapioca pearls and boil them up, and then mix with milk + some form of tea powder/coffee/stuff.

But kiosks do it better. The bubble tea I have had in NZ and Canada seemed okay, but the stuff I had in Thailand seemed better for some reason (Maybe the powders they use). But I definitly enjoy it, most days in thailand I would get either a smoothie, bubble tea or iced coffee of some form.

Yeah thats cool, life happens, and I can be a pretty scary dude.....(not really, *quickly hides in the corner of the room*). But I am definitly happy I have met Blue (3 times), Gkun (2 times), Gold and GPL.

And well...(akward standups/not meets of my catfish....vegas....uh...) a couple times. Anyways...

Another gaian decided to not meet me in Portland as well, but I didnt know them as well so thats fine.

It takes a lot more than deciding to not meet me to put me off trying again sometime laters maybe. I do want to return to the states again sometime, dont know when that will be though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:23 pm
Sagebomb

I get you on the pictures. I haven't had a real opportunity to leave the country in my adult life, but I really want to do some traveling. Without the restaurant once I get my finances in order there are SO MANY PLACES I WANT TO GO. So keep taking pictures, give me ideas of places to go.

Iced coffee is so good~~~

On the meet ups GOOD. I felt SO BAD when it happened and didn't really want to get into talking about the situation, my Uncle had decided not to tell me that the house was being foreclosed on, the baby was born, and there was this really weird period where I was staying in this vacation house and had no where else to go SO~ But, none of the other Guildies have been axe murdered (that I know of) so I have to assume you're alright in person.
:P  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:39 pm
Citrus Novii

I get you on the pictures. I haven't had a real opportunity to leave the country in my adult life, but I really want to do some traveling. Without the restaurant once I get my finances in order there are SO MANY PLACES I WANT TO GO. So keep taking pictures, give me ideas of places to go.

On the meet ups GOOD. I felt SO BAD when it happened and didn't really want to get into talking about the situation, my Uncle had decided not to tell me that the house was being foreclosed on, the baby was born, and there was this really weird period where I was staying in this vacation house and had no where else to go SO~ But, none of the other Guildies have been axe murdered (that I know of) so I have to assume you're alright in person.

Yeah its tough, there are so many places I want to go as well, but its a huge world, and seeing it isnt exactly cheap. But I am trying to do what I can, with what I have.

Im sorry that I caused you to feel bad. I am lucky that I have a lot of experience with hardships especially fainancial, as that has allowed me to do a lot of what I have been able to do. Like as you may know I was heavily bullied throughout primary school and middle school. Mainly for two reasons, one we were the poor family of the school, and two...I was emotionally volatile, which meant bullies got a easy reaction out of me.

The awesome thing about that, is I learned at a very young age, being forced to view most things from the outside watching, how to read people, how to analyse their behavior and predict it. Which is why I have excelled at many outdoor leadership jobs, because reading and predicting behaviour (and then later being able to manipulate it) became second nature (I would only manipulate behaviour for the sake of teaching, and thier own growth).

But more on point, being the poor family, which struggled week to week, meant I learned the value of currency pretty quick, how to live cheapy, how to make/accept tradeoffs, and since I was working by 12...a solid work ethic.

Its only really because of accepting tradeoffs and living like the pleb I am. I have been able to save enough to travel so much and be able to sustain such a lifestyle. Most of my travel has been based around work. Its only as of two years ago I travelled for the first time simply for pleasure, and not earned a income to support it directly. But by then the tally of countries I have visited was already at 33.

But even when I was in America on the one year visa there was a couple points where I had next to no money in the bank, no job prospects, and didnt know if I would have a roof over my head in a couple weeks. Dani/blue kinda bailed me out one time, so much respect to her for that (For providing a place to stay).

Im lucky now I have a certain buffer saved, but its still not a huge buffer. But enough so that when I blow my savings doing cheap travel, I know when I go home, if my car dies...I can afford to fix it.

Life is full of tradeoffs, and I am lucky I learned them so early. Of course having money and being able to not have it be one of the key points in choosing where I travel next would be nice too. Either way though I will be travelling over seas again this year.

That said, you have a awesome country which you can travel around in as well. NZ is awesome, but if I am not working...its kind of actually cheaper for me to be somewhere like South East Asia, than here without work. (Since I am not tied to a place/rent/mortgage, I dont tend to have expenses in continuity.

Possibly long post, but yeah, you have nothing to worry about. I totally respect the stress hardship puts on a person. And Im sorry at the time, I didnt make it easy enough for you to feel you could talk to me about it (I respect why you wouldnt want to).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:05 am
Citrus Novii
DarkMoonSlayer

ICE STOOOORRRRRRMMMMMMMMSSSSS.
I hope you and your mom were warm and toasty inside at least, y'all didn't lose power did you? :<
We were warm... maybe not toasty. The power never went out here. But the ice was thicker than the glass on my car windows xD  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:53 pm
Citrus Novii
But tea is so wonderful D:

I know for me it was right around 2014, because that was when my Uncle's daughter was born and I flaked on meeting a couple of internet friends because s**t WAS HITTING THE FAN. I'd like everyone to be more regular, but it's so hard these days. Real life mang.

YOU'RE NOT EVEN OLD YET GOLDIE. SHUT UP.

It has been AWFUL not having internet. Especially paying bills (or not, depending lol)

I REMEMBER YOUR NOVEL. I still really want to read it. :3

HOLY CRAP TEKTEK IS GONE. I HAD NO IDEA. WHAT HAPPENED?
Could research.
Won't though because I'm supposed to be cleaning cutting boards right now.

I dunno, I've always just preferred cocoa and soda to tea or coffee. Though I do prefer tea to coffee. Either one has to be sweetened far more than reasonable for me to like it though.

Real life may be real, but it shouldn't keep me from dropping in at least once a week or something. There's no way I should be THAT busy.

THEN WHY DO I FEEL SO OLD? crying

I could send you the novel draft if you want. Still got some tweaking to do, and I need to send it off to an editor for legit tearing to shreds, but you could look at what I have now. I could message you a link or something.

No idea what happened to TekTek or when it happened. Still sad though...I never would have designed the outfit I have no without it.

Sagebomb
Yeah thats cool, life happens, and I can be a pretty scary dude.....(not really, *quickly hides in the corner of the room*). But I am definitly happy I have met Blue (3 times), Gkun (2 times), Gold and GPL.

Gotta up that guild meet count! Who all have I met? I met Tangela once briefly...you, of course for several days. Ginhi I've met literally a thousand times. God, seriously, how many times has it been now? I think like eleven different visits over the last seven or so years? I tried meeting DMS one of the times I visited my mom for Christmas, but that fell through.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:24 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Gotta up that guild meet count! Who all have I met? I met Tangela once briefly...you, of course for several days. Ginhi I've met literally a thousand times. God, seriously, how many times has it been now? I think like eleven different visits over the last seven or so years? I tried meeting DMS one of the times I visited my mom for Christmas, but that fell through.

I definitely want to do the same...

Hmm, prehaps if I can find someone whos up for a road trip and willing to split some costs...

Although this year I am still thinking more about seeing more Asia, or maybe some South America.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Yeah its tough, there are so many places I want to go as well, but its a huge world, and seeing it isnt exactly cheap. But I am trying to do what I can, with what I have.

Im sorry that I caused you to feel bad. I am lucky that I have a lot of experience with hardships especially fainancial, as that has allowed me to do a lot of what I have been able to do. Like as you may know I was heavily bullied throughout primary school and middle school. Mainly for two reasons, one we were the poor family of the school, and two...I was emotionally volatile, which meant bullies got a easy reaction out of me.

The awesome thing about that, is I learned at a very young age, being forced to view most things from the outside watching, how to read people, how to analyse their behavior and predict it. Which is why I have excelled at many outdoor leadership jobs, because reading and predicting behaviour (and then later being able to manipulate it) became second nature (I would only manipulate behaviour for the sake of teaching, and thier own growth).

But more on point, being the poor family, which struggled week to week, meant I learned the value of currency pretty quick, how to live cheapy, how to make/accept tradeoffs, and since I was working by 12...a solid work ethic.

Its only really because of accepting tradeoffs and living like the pleb I am. I have been able to save enough to travel so much and be able to sustain such a lifestyle. Most of my travel has been based around work. Its only as of two years ago I travelled for the first time simply for pleasure, and not earned a income to support it directly. But by then the tally of countries I have visited was already at 33.

But even when I was in America on the one year visa there was a couple points where I had next to no money in the bank, no job prospects, and didnt know if I would have a roof over my head in a couple weeks. Dani/blue kinda bailed me out one time, so much respect to her for that (For providing a place to stay).

Im lucky now I have a certain buffer saved, but its still not a huge buffer. But enough so that when I blow my savings doing cheap travel, I know when I go home, if my car dies...I can afford to fix it.

Life is full of tradeoffs, and I am lucky I learned them so early. Of course having money and being able to not have it be one of the key points in choosing where I travel next would be nice too. Either way though I will be travelling over seas again this year.

That said, you have a awesome country which you can travel around in as well. NZ is awesome, but if I am not working...its kind of actually cheaper for me to be somewhere like South East Asia, than here without work. (Since I am not tied to a place/rent/mortgage, I dont tend to have expenses in continuity.

Possibly long post, but yeah, you have nothing to worry about. I totally respect the stress hardship puts on a person. And Im sorry at the time, I didnt make it easy enough for you to feel you could talk to me about it (I respect why you wouldnt want to).

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez.
I'm impressed though, I guess if you're determined enough you just sort of get it done?

I don't know why I didn't talk to anyone. I guess I was embarrassed on some level, but I was also just so ANGRY. I'm not exactly an angry person, and I was just so pissed off that entire year. If I could do it again, I'd probably reach out instead of just bottling it up, especially since you've given me some pretty solid advice in the past. You don't need to apologize, I'm just silly and don't like to ask for help :P  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff