[PRP] Wind on the Waters Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:02 pm

User ImageWinter had come and gone, and with the frozen water melting everywhere, the swamp was every bit as wet as the waterfall-haired acha remembered. He'd been languishing for months now, and his attempts to find that fetching doe that he'd been seeking had been stymied time and time again.

He was ripped by his train of thought as a gust came down through the trees, making the rivulets of water around ripple and cutting his poor, damp hide to the bone. Life was unfair! Everything was cold, and lonely, and miserable, and even his sand dog didn't forgive him for the trek they'd taken back to the swamp.

"It'll be all right, girl. I'm sure we'll find someplace dry eventually...." He tried to muster every bit of cheerful enthusiasm and good-natured sincerity he had left.

Apparently, though, his emotional reserves were in a sorry state indeed. The dog snuffled, seemingly unconvinced, giving a paw at her nose and a sneeze before she continued to walk off.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's still cold.

"I know it's cold. Soon it will not be. Patience." The doe's voice was a soft thing, as delicate as the dainty prints her golden hooves left in the marshy mud she was picking her way across. Slick and cold, but not yet deep. The ground beneath still frozen from the colder months.

She was on the move, though she usually was. Whisper did not linger often, nor long. The voices seldom let her.

ishtadaal

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:23 pm
It wasn't too often that the sand dog picked up initiative all on her own, but when she did, well, there was no stopping the independently-minded creature.

"Nemnee, dearest, where are you going?" He followed his pup, completely heedless of the doe they were approaching in his concern for the more immediate surroundings– especially the ones around his dearest Anemone.

He heard that crocodiles could get twice as long as kin! That they could snap up foals in only a few twisting bites. His precious pup wouldn't stand a chance against them, so he had to be constantly vigilant!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:31 pm
Whisper's progression ceased, and her head tilted gently as she turned an ear to the sound of voices on the wind. Or were those..?

No no, not ours.

Not a voice bearing any familiarity to the doe, and all the more curious for it.

With a soft hum she moved towards it. Slow, though graceful, her golden hooves leaving perfect little prints in her wake.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:30 pm
The buck turned his head as he heard a crunching noise in the snow. It was rhythmic– it was a doe!

"Hello," he ventured, careful not to shout too loudly. He'd found that the swamp was far less friendly towards the Acha proclivity for boundless enthusiasm. Or boundless volume, at least!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:31 am
The source; agile and bearing a resemblance to spring, with golden accents to tease and lure the eye. Her own lingered, following the filigree that wove and twisted up the out side of his flank.

"This is not where you belong." It wasn't a question, not really, but there was a certain thread of curiosity to the doe's voice. Acha weren't usually year long residents of the swamp. They preferred things a bit warmer, a bit dryer.

It begged the question of what the buck was doing so far from home.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:27 pm
The acha giggled a little nervously. "Isn't it? I was told that when we come here, we can't leave," the buck said, a little hesitantly.

"But I do agree that I don't look quite at home yet. I'm used to dry cold! Dry cold that gets hot in the day." He walked forward as he saw his puppy start to step forward towards her, wiggling excitedly at the new person.

"It looks like Anemone likes you," he chirped in amusement.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:41 pm
The doe stood very still, watching him curiously. It wasn't often she crossed paths with anyone other than her own kind, and she could admit to a certain understandable curiosity about him.

"That could be true. I'm not certain." Her head tilted thoughtfully to one side. "I have not tried tried to leave."

Silver eyes dipped to the sand dog as it approached her. "Anemone?" An odd name for a creature of the desert. Head dipping, she offered the dog a small smile. "Hello."  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:36 pm
The acha chuckled at the questioning tone.

"Ah– she's my little flower. I'm sea of Butterflies, so she's my anemone?" he explained, flushing slightly as the sand dog promptly started licking. It would almost seem that she tried to aim specifically for the nostrils, though that would only be fanciful imagination.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:17 pm
The doe jerked her head back at the lick, sneezing from the wetness. The beads and feathers decorating her mane rattling and ruffling as she tossed her head.

"What's an anemone?" She'd never left the swamp. Never been to the coast, or seen the bright blue of the sea, nor what lay beneath it.

Whisper blinked, head cocking gently to the right, as if listening to something only she could hear. Then she offered a small smile. "Sea of Butterflies. I am Whispers of Death."  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:13 am
Sea of Butterflies cleared his throat, dancing a little on his hooves before he tried to answer her question. "Well, keep in mind that I haven't actually seen one– except in my dreams," the buck admitted, a little nervously.

"But I was told that's what it was, so I'm fairly certain of what anemones are. They're these beautiful little living flowers of the sea, that open little crowns of tube-shaped petals to the sea and that swell and bob like grasses in the wind," he described, almost reverently.

"And when my darling isn't damp and limp, her fur dances in the wind like plants in the water, yes it does!"

He smiled at her introduction. "Whispers of Death. Hopefully good ones. Peaceful ones," the buck said, "Though I suppose any whispers are better than no whispers at all. Are they warnings, or farewells?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:09 pm
The doe's head cocked to the side once again, but she'd nod after a moment, as if the name made sense to her now that it'd been explained.

As for his question, she wasn't sure she had an easy answer for him. "They are both," she'd offer, almost hesitantly. "And everything in between."

She tapped a hoof tip against the soft earth. "They give guidance."  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:09 pm
A blink. She was a strange one, this Whispers of Death was. The buck gave a light shrug at her strange statement, then turned around to look at her.

"Do you know if there's anything that's good to eat around here? I've mostly been eating twigs but they're... sad." Sad was the best word for them, really.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:15 am
The doe's head cocked and she gave a light laugh. "I would imagine so. Not much for taste or texture." Another soft laugh, and the dainty doe took a step back, turning on gold hooves as she nooses him along.

"The swamp holds many treats and surprises. I will show you." She'd lead the way deeper in once she was sure the buck and his pup were following.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:30 pm
The buck made a happy little skip as she mentioned food– real food! Maybe he could learn this year, for next, how to find tastier things in winter than... ugh, twigs.

"So, what have you been eating lately?" the buck asked, happy to follow behind her.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff