[PRP] One Such as Us (Yearn x Abyss) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Winter had been a fortress of solitude and loneliness. Few kin had been traveling as they did in the summer, and fewer yet bothered to chase her down. Maybe it was her colours, her teals making her blend in with the glare off the snow and the sad greenish tint of a land that didn't fully embrace winter the way the Totoma's lands had. It didn't really matter. What did is that her lonesomeness would soon be contested, and this time, she wasn't certain what she wanted to do about it.

The coming of spring heralded something much more inconvenient than sunlight. Abyss was usually an independent doe, but every once in a while, there'd be that damnable itch– that desire to find someone and be close. She hadn't yet succumbed to such desires, but she was young still, and every passing season, she fancied the notion of finding a mate more and more.

Maybe, if the right buck were to come around, she'd consider it. But until then, she had the results of a very successful hunt to enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:59 pm
Yearn trotted through the swamp, relaxed as he sniffed the air searching for some sort of snack. Perhaps he would get lucky and stumble across a squirrel clutch of nuts. Walnuts maybe. He swished his tail giving a soft hum of thought.

His sister was still in trouble, their mother keeping her close. Underneath was peeved and stifling over the maternal smothering. Strive though, his son was eager to go exploring as the weather started to clear. Yearn was proud of his gangly colt. He was doing well.

Ishtadaal

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Abyss's head popped up as she heard a noise, and then another. Something was walking towards her. She dove her muzzle in against her prey– she'd at least be getting down another few mouthfuls before she left. After all, it wasn't worth fighting something that was intent on her prize– not when she could simply take something else down later.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:09 pm
Yearn paused, breathing deep. Hm? Was that a new smell? He moved slowly towards the area, cautious. "Hello? I hope I have not scared you." Was it another kin? He hoped so, perhaps they were friendly? Hopefully nothing hungry.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:29 am

Ah. From the sound of the voice coming over, it was a kin, and a pushover at that. Abyss had nothing to worry about, so she stuck her head up so the buck could see her– and so she could get an eyeful of him.

He was an Acha, with a beautiful mantle of tentacles coming back from his skull. A rasping, shrieking churr built in the back of Abyss' throat in lieu of a more verbal greeting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:13 pm
Oooh another kin. Yearn turned his head and paused taking in the peculiarities of the zikwa doe? Yes a doe. Yearn was use to peculiarities, tentacles, spines, massive tails and other growths though the more beak like facial structure was different.

"Pleasure to meet you," He replied, tentacles mangle flexing slightly at the throaty greeting. "I hope I didn't interrupt your meal," he added, noting the prey blood and missing chunks. A huntress.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:05 am

The doe was quick to shake her head. Interrupt? Hardly! The presence of a newcomer had simply hastened her supping... and given how polite he was, and how much there was to eat, here, of the pig she'd made short work of, she wouldn't especially mind sharing.

She nodded down at her meal, shifting sideways a little before she began to speak. "ARE YOU HUNGRY," she asked, voice clearly rising into an unhealthy shriek even as she rose it barely above a whisper. Obviously, her strangeness went past the beak itself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:32 pm
"I am glad," Yearn replied, stepping closer, careful not to get any of his mane caught on the branches. Though they were rather good at not catching on things.

"I could eat, thank you for inviting me." He moved closer, ignoring the shrieking tone. "You must be a skilled huntress to bring down a pig by yourself."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:24 pm

The doe didn't respond to his prompt, merely moved over a little further, to let him in next to her, in easy reach of the food, and gave a nod. It hadn't been easy, that was for certain.

She leaned down and tore at the flesh, taking up another mouthful of still-warm meat in unspoken invitation for him to join her.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:09 pm
Yearn walked over and joined her, leaning down and took a mouthful of flesh and started to chew the meat. He swallowed and kept silent, eating in a companionable sort of silence  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:53 am

Ah, quietude. Abyss enjoyed silence, herself: particularly the kind that came with company. The doe was happy to tear into the animal's side with her sharp beak, leaving flayed flesh that was easier to tear off in small, mouth-sized clumps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:32 pm
Yearn continued to feast, listening to his surroundings. Howl back would have things to say if he was taken unaware, but enjoyed the company. Perhaps she would care to follow him back home? Maybe meet his sister and mother? Meet his child?

Or perhaps he was thinking a bit to much, though at the very least he wanted her to see that she wasn't truly alone in her appearance. At least when it came to tentacles.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:55 pm

The buck beside her seemed... distracted, even as he continued to gorge himself on the meal she'd kindly offered to share. She blinked slowly at him, continuing to eat, but with her gaze firmly set on him. Hopefully, he'd speak whatever was on his mind... because the frenetic energy he was putting off was ruining her calm.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:42 pm
Yearn paused, swallowing and gave a little embarrassed scuffle of his front hoof. "Um, will you come back with me? Sort of want to let you meet my mother? And my sister? My family has um, tentacles and maybe you would like to meet more kin with the same mu -trait." Trait was better. Not mutation. Trait.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 am

Abyss let out a hissing chuckle. "CALL IT WHAT YOU WISH," the doe said, "IT'S ALL THE SAME." Nevertheless, after a couple moments of staring, and a head tilting first one way, then the other, she gave a curt nod.

"I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE WITH THIS TRAIT," she declared, after a few moments, before turning back to tear into the pig again.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff