Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:52 am
User Image & User Image
Location: Beast Taming Pens on the Palace Grounds in Sulburi, Oba

User Image

Mash'al didn't make it to the capital of Sulburi often, but when he did, he was always sure to make time for the Taming Pens. Beast Taming had always been a fascination of his, and despite his father's protest, he has made a name for himself in the trade; thanks in great part to Ozias.

Ozias, or Oz as he commonly referred to, was Mash'al's commanding officer in the Arwa project. This man was a master in his eyes and Mash'al starved for his knowledge, training any opportunity he had to pry himself away from his duties in Jatine. Stepping into the ring opposite of his friend Mash'al tugged gently on the leather gloves he slipped into, "I see you've brought me a challenge~" he mused while readying his whip.

"Amos is a beast, Mash'al, but I wouldn't have brought him If I didn't want to challenge you." Oz called while placing a hand on the back of his Janarim, "We'll get your ready to face that Janarim you've been so adamant to Tame." Giving a gentle tap to the creature it took off at a brisk pace, charging down the arena at Mash'al

Distracted by the earlier conversation, by the time Mash'al heard Amos coming, he had moments to react. Pivoting on his left foot Mash'al narrowly dodged the charge, With a flick of his wrist his whip looped around the beasts' back foot, tripping the creature and sending it skidding into the pen's wall. "Cheap Shot, sir. " Mash'al snarled, his eyes never leaving the creature as it righted itself and waited for its next command.

"HA, You think that Janarim is just going to lie down and let you scratch its belly?" Oz snorted while clicking his next command to Amos, "You have to be ready at all times and expect the unexpected, Mash'al. Have you been away that long that I need to go over the basics with you?"

"Nilah44"
XD I had to post this before I started journaling X3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 am
It was time back at the capital, time that wasn't necessarily hated but wasn't exactly this Princess' favorite past time. Naevius sighed as she changed her clothes. She had sat in on a few meetings with her father and some advisers, of course nothing too important or they likely wouldn't have let her in. She had a few meetings planned with customers of the taming business but those weren't until later for which she was glad. A little bit of time to de-stress and wind down after listening to the advisers bicker among themselves was duly needed.

Her clothes weren't as fancy as the finer silks she was expected to wear as befitting of her station but were still nicer than the average dressed around the palace. It was the most she could dress down, however, not knowing who exactly she'd run into on her way to escape. It was unfortunate that Sebastien or Varinia weren't able to accompany her on this trip, it would have been nice to have a friend by her side.

Naevius found her way down to the beast pens, a place that she often visited whenever she got free time at the capital. She remembered all the times after her father was elected that she had to sneak down there. Looking up at the sun, she didn't figure there would be too many people about right now which was just fine with her. But to her surprise, despite most people as she expected were off doing other things, two remained in a pen with a Janarim. It appeared to be some sort of lesson. She saw no harm in watching.

One of the men she recognized, he worked here, and if she remembered correctly had worked with the Arwa's during the war. She brought a finger to her lips once she was seen by him as she wanted to continue watching.

The other man, as his face turned slightly as the janarim rushed him, looked familiar. Her head cocked characteristically as she looked at him and tried to remember who he was. Han? Tan? No, Tahan. That was it. She thought his family were supporters of her father, or at least the crown. His first name escaped her for the moment though as she leaned against the fence and observed.

akuma_kessaku
owo feel free to have him or his mentor notice her. Up to you if you want to have Ozias motion to her or out her as a princess, either way. ^.^

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 am
User Image

Mash'al watched as Amos circled around the arena then turned to charge him, With his whip in hand he flicked it just before the beast which caused it to pounce and knock him to the earth. Mash'al swiftly rolled onto his knees and stared at the creature now circling him in a predatory fashion.

"C'mon Mash'al~ What are you going to do..." Ozias taunted, waiting on his next command to give Mash'al a minute to think.

With an arrogant grin, Mash'al mimicked Ozias's click; it was a risky move but worth a shot. The Janarim lowered his head to inspect the click then turned back to Oz in confusion. Springing to his feet, Mash'al got out of the creature's range and clicked twice.

Amos paced in confusion, for a moment, then turned to chase down Oz!

In return Oz gave the verbal command to halt the creature and chuckled, "Very clever, Mash'al, but that won't work out in the desert." looking to their audience he gave a nod, "We'll call it, for now, looks like you have company."

He followed his friends' line of sight to see an Oban woman, Dressed in formal Attire, adorned with elegant crystals, watching their fight, "Oh~ this will be good..." He murmured while spiraling his whip to holster it; 'no need to be more of a threat than he already is.' Rolling his eyes at the thought, Mash'al turned to leave the pens.

"Mash'al," Oz called after him, "A word to the wise: Behave with this one, Eh?"

He waved the comment by as he proceeded out of the pens, 'Yeah, yeah She's royalty. She's probably here to keep me in check and make sure I'm not trying to sabotage the kings' work...' Mash'al thought to himself while circling around the perimeter to where the observer was, "Strange for someone dressed so formally to be rolling down in the dirt with the rest of us." Mash'al began while stripping off his gloves, "Is there something I can help you with?" He asked, a hint of mistrust in his voice.

Nilah44
X3 Now we're just getting started... What would be the fun in that~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:53 am
Naevius watched on as the man used the own trainer's cues against him. It was clever, and was something she wasn't sure she would have really thought about doing. But it seemed these two had trained a lot together so it was likely the younger man knew the cues of the older which would make more sense as to why he would have done so. She agreed with the older man that those kinds of tricks wouldn't work on wild beasts, they would likely only confuse and anger them that much more.

Her presence was brought to attention, however. Though the man hadn't given away her identity, she heard a few quiet warnings given to the younger man. Nodding respectfully to the older tamer as he made his exit, Naevius turned her attention back upon the man now approaching her.

It took all she had in her to keep her eyes from narrowing at the tone of his voice. She wasn't at home, she reminded herself, where she can be more free with her thoughts and expressions.

"Just observing. I'm in town on business and often find solace in the quietness of the taming pens. I hadn't known there would be someone here at this time of day as usually there isn't. I apologize if I interrupted your session."

She wondered if she should mention that she too was a tamer as he likely wouldn't guess it especially since her whip was attached to her belt along the small of her back. She tended to always keep it with her no matter where she was and it was easier to hide it back there, even if it made it a little more difficult to access it. With the man's current tone, however, she decided against it.

"Ozias is a good tamer, you're fortunate to be able to train with him." She added, testing the waters. Sure she could have trained with him if she had wanted but learning was something she went off and did on her own since she knew it wouldn't really be allowed for her to do hear at the capital. Granted, if this man was a Tahan, his family had money so he could likely afford it. No need to show her hand in her knowledge yet though.

akuma_kessaku
^.^

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:53 pm
User Image

'Observing, Eh?' He thought while inspecting her with accusing eyes. Mash'al had his suspicions about the Royal family, but it would seem odd for them to be onto him... Other than their grave misjudgment of him after the war, he's avoided dealing with the Court. Training at the taming pens were just too good to pass up, and if he were to be entirely honest meeting up with Ozias was another reason to risk the judging eyes of the Royal Family.

For the moment the woman's intent was unknown so Mash'al let his rigid demeanor melt away and gave a warm smile, "The pens are hardly quiet, my lady, but if it is a place of comfort for you, then I quite agree..." He laid his gloves on the edge of the arena wall and rested an elbow against them, "There is a certain atmosphere here that speaks to me; draws me in-" his eyes held a touch of arrogance as he drew off the whirling energy from the arena, "Your arrival is no trouble, really. I will be at the capital for roughly a week; plenty of leisure time. "

The comment about Ozias caught his attention; It was good to see the new administration is taking note of his value. "Oz and I go way back... He was the one who inspired me to pursue the arts of taming."

Giving an awkward chuckle Mash'al pushed up from his slouch, a slight blush coloring his cheeks, "It occurs to me I haven't formally Introduced myself~" Offering his hand (which assuming she complied he would kiss her hand), he dipped to a low bow, "Mash'al Tahan." Straightening he slipped his gloves into the belt of his armor, "My father is likely rolling in his grave over the disrespect I've shown; My sincerest apologies."

Nilah44

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:14 pm
"I know." Was all she said at first with a slight smile at him, placing her delicate hand in his offered one. Naevius wondered if it would drive him crazy, wondering how she knew of him. Though, he did seem a little vain so maybe he just thought everyone must know him. She would introduce herself as well, in due time.

"As you said, the atmosphere here is what does it. Any noise here, the noises of the beasts or the tamers, it's different than say being in a crowd. With the way Ozias trains, it would be hard to not be inspired by him." She watched all his mannerisms to try and get a better judge of his character, he was a tricky one. He was being polite, which given her dress was really no surprise. But meanwhile, there was a slight look in her eye that she just wasn't sure of.

"Naevius." She finally said. The corner of her mouth twitched up in a smile as she nodded respectfully to him. Her eyes watched his face for any kind of reaction, she almost hoped it would be an interesting one. This Tahan was interesting to her no that she had met him.

akuma_kessaku

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:17 pm
User Image

"Naevius," Mash'al repeated, "A pleasure, truly." The name was so familiar, but he couldn't place it. 'Naevius... Nae... Hmmm.' He pondered while giving her a quick once over. It was sure to drive him mad as he continued to mull it over, so instead, he decided to pry a bit deeper.

Turning his gaze over his shoulder to the pens he sighed, "Well, Oz was under the impression you required my presence for one reason or another... However, I fear I have done nothing more than interrupt your entertainment." Turning back to her he gave a coy smile, "So, you're in town on business, eh? May I ask of the nature of your business?" His eyes fixated on hers, "I fancy myself a businessman, first and foremost, and am always looking for new business ventures. Perhaps we can assist one another?"

Nilah44

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:47 am
"And mine as well." He didn't really look like he realized who she was yet so Nae wondered how long it would take him. "I apologize, I don't require you per say. I simply saw you training and thought I'd observe. I didn't mean to end it abruptly." She looked around for a minute, wondering how she should answer his questions.

"Well, I run a taming business I inherited from my father. My reason for being in the capital is to have some business meetings with my father. I'm not sure if you can assist me in any way unless you have some revolutionary new taming method!" It was unlikely but she'd throw it out there anyway.

akuma_kessaku
Sorry its shorterr

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:41 pm
User Image

Something about the way she paused just then had him curious, 'What was she hiding...' he asked himself while studying her. The 'new taming method' jest rubbed him the wrong way, but he recovered quickly and gave a laugh, "Hardly~ But if you come up with one, I'll be the first to invest." Taming was a passion of his, though his time spent in Belrea has made it abundantly clear he needs more practice, "Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck with the art myself." He felt his jaw tensing as he gritted his teeth.

So peculiar that Ozias would interrupt their session for this woman. Mash'al examined her with great scrutiny as he spoke with her and began making notes. She was attractive, well dressed, well mannered... Was he trying to set him up? Is this a jab at his wife running out on him. He felt his cheeks flushing with rage as he did his best to quell his rising temper. 'Of all the nerve.... that little b*****d-'

Taking in a deep breath, Mash'al held it a moment then released it slowly, "So, here to discuss business with your father. What's his name, perhaps I've heard of him." Since the war Mash'al hasn't had much to do with taming as a business venture, but if the man was well known among the aristocrats of Oba there was a good chance they had met.

Nilah44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 pm
Naevius smiled and nodded to him. "You seemed to be doing fine as I arrived. I'm sure you have more talant for it than you think." He looked the type, at least, and as the old saying goes, 'looking the part is half the batle'...or something like that.

While the normally sharp attention of the princess normally would have caught Mash'al's gazes but his next question had her attention on how to best answer it. She couldn't be any more vague than she had already been without being simply infuriating and there was really no going around someone recognizing her father's name. SHe could get away with people not really knowing her if they weren't in the capital constantly or at the compound and Nae secretly always enjoyed when she didn't have to play the princess role with someone, so she was sort of sad that it had to come to an end so quickly, and just when she thought she was pushing his buttons too!

Naevius nodded though. "He had a career change which is why I am now running the business. I've no doubt you've probably heard of him. And being a Tahan you've probably met him." She took a minute and took a deep breath as she composed herself, Her eyes watched him for any change, no matter how subtle it was. "My father's name is Elitharius. Or, the King of Oba as most call him."

akuma_kessaku

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:18 am
User Image

Mash'al's demeanor faded as he stared down Naevius trying to gauge how serious she was. Reflecting back on what he knew about their present overlord he came to the astonishing realization he didn't really know much about him. He was a cousin of the previous king, he did have a daughter, thought he could never be bothered with learning the poor girl's name...

Returning from the war was the only time he had anything to do with the inside of the palace in a long time and definitely the first encounter of the present ruling seat. It wasn't the best experience and since then he has done everything in his power to avoid it; Sending letters instead of asking for an audience, seeking funds from fellow nobles who shared his ideals instead of going to the crown itself. He definitely had a sore spot when it came to the royal family, so why would this young woman be so kind to him if she were indeed the daughter of the man who saw him a traitor.

Maybe she wasn't?

Perhaps this was a ruse to flatter him, win his favor and attention? She was attractive, and if she had indeed known him as she claimed to he would be an excellent suitor for any single woman. His uneasiness melted away as he ran his fingers through his hair and collected himself, "Is that so~" he mused, a suave smirk tugging the corners of his lips, "So tell me then... What is your father's opinion of my family; or rather, what is King Elitharius's opinion of me."

'Oh, this was going to be good... Let's see how long she can drag out this little cherade~ '
he told himself unable to hide the amusement this was bringing him. Worst case, she is the king's daughter and get's him arrested for harassing her on her grounds, but best case... they drag out this little dance and maybe it leads to something more.

Nilah44
XD omg! I couldn't help myself... He's so full of himself, of course, he would think she was trying to impress him~ You can either play along and maybe even get him to think Nae is interested in him, then have someone from the kings' court pull her away in the last post or something... I don't know... I'm just aiming for complete and utter embarrassment of my poor Mash at this time... ><' I'm the worst~ Poor b*****d!8,D

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:04 am
"I can't presume to speak for my father, but I can tell you what I've told him of you." Naevius' eyes narrowed slightly. She didn't really care that he didn't believe her, but the kind of smile that rose to his face irked her to no end. So maybe she'd lay it all on the table, eh?

"Mash'al Tahan. Used to be on the Arwa project. During the battles with Tendaji, he abandoned his post and some would believe the act of doing so, made him a traitor and eventually cost us the war." She paused right then, she knew that that wasn't the whole truth, and she was one of the few that did as no matter what she told her others, people always wanted to have someone to place the blame on. At least her father had believed her.

"The tamer known as Mash'al Tahan had indeed not abandoned his post. He had not become a traitor to our nation. He had in fact been taken hostage by the Tendajian army. A certain Oban noble had also been taken hostage by escaping Tendaji hostages and she happened to see his unconscious body being carried through the camp. It was only by luck that she had happened to catch a glimpse of her fellow oban AND know who he was. So when she got back, she let her father know of his whereabouts and sent people in after him. But...you know. Someone of importance couldn't possibly know that." Nae made an act of examining her nails before looking back to him, a "your turn" look on her face.

She wasn't normally one to flaunt her position or her knowledge but this man challenged her and there was no harm in sharing the information she knew about him. Nor did she really think that he would be a danger to her after he knew her identity, though there was always the slim chance that she had gotten that whole situation wrong, and she could pay if that was the case.

akuma_kessaku
Oh man Nae's sass is real in this post. XD

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 am
User Image

Mash’al eyed the princess skeptically. The battlefield was no place for a princess! Even if she were simply making rounds to the various camps to boost morale her personal guard should have put those prisoners down with no trouble… or hesitation; guess she found out first hand what happens when you have a soft administration running the kingdom.

“If what you say is true, then blame your personal guard for not doing their jobs,” he snarled, “Assuming you are who you say you are, and If you were indeed captured, that is most definitely a huge factor as to why we lost the war.” In his experience, most of the war tactics were ‘conquer at all costs.’ If that meant fight dirty, so be it. The arwa project was the pinnacle of Oban strategy and wartime ingenuity at the time. Given the knowledge, he has now he would have suggested equipping his ships with archers and magic users and bombarding the shores in a sneak attack, but that time had come and gone. If the princess was forfeit we couldn’t proceed… with anything.

Quelling his anger he let out a heavy, defeated sigh, “I don’t remember what happened after I left Arwa 2...” Mash’al breathed, feeling a little like he was back in the palace walls being prodded by the obnoxious advisers, “All I remember is waking to near complete blackness, in a foreign land, in the enemy’s compound. I escaped and used what training I was given prior to the war to survive.” Mash’al’s posture slumped as he proceeded down that timeline in his head, not bothering to share the depressing turn his history takes, “If you said anything to your father, well, he still launched an investigation. Between the drama of that and the aftermath of the war itself…” There were so many things he had wanted to say; ‘My marriage life went to hell because after fighting in the war my wife decided she wanted to be “independent”.’ or ‘My company lost most of its labor because we decided to liberate our “slave” laborers.’ or even, ‘ Our King used to represent something, the power of our people, and now I have lost all faith in our leadership...’ Instead, he simply gave a half-hearted smile, "... I have had my hands full.”

“Nilah44”
Yup Mash’al… That’s why she left… Totally the only reason… X3

He’s also gonna need a drink after that sob story. Unless you want to beat him to the punch~ xD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:19 am
"I was not a princess then." Nae realized she may have sounded unneccesarily sharp so she took a deep breath before continuing. "I was just a noble. Sure the royal blood ran in my veins but I didn't think that with the distant relation anything would ever come of it. Things were different back then. I didn't have to have guards when I went somewhere. I had one, kind of, and my handmaiden. But I don't think any of us ever expected what happened to happen." There was a bit of sadness in her voice. Sometimes Naevius wished she could go back to those days, things were so much easier.

As he started filling in some of the blanks in her knowledge of him, Naevius could honestly say she felt so bad for the poor guy. To not remember things, Nae wasn't sure if she could think of anything worse. She eyed him, up and down as if trying to decide something. With a quick exhale fo the breath she had been holding, she turned on a heel and took a few steps, her whip attached to a belt at the small of her back might have been visible under her cloak as she did so. "Come with me." It wasn't an order or demand, a simple request. If he indulged her, that was his choice, if not, his loss as well.

akuma_kessaku
<3 >D

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mash'al brushed off the comment about her not being a princess then. It was clear the previous ruler had no heir. He didn't much care for children either, but when you need to preserve a legacy such as the throne of Oba... Hire someone else to raise them. Being as her father was the next closest living relative to the king, he would have known. If he did know then he should have double - no tripled the security of his own family; should the worst come to pass, which it did, he would be the next ruler of Oba, which he is, and his family would become a target, which they did...

But that was neither here nor there and honestly, this is only relevant if she is indeed the princess. Presently, she was requesting his company elsewhere and for the sheer curiosity of seeing where this would lead, he followed.

"So where are we off to now, M'Lady~" He mused with a lingering skepticism, "What could a lesser noble like myself do for his royal highness."

Nilah44

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces