Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragon Castle (A Roleplaying Community)

Back to Guilds

We are a guild with heavy emphasis on community and enjoyable roleplaying. Join us and find your place within Dragon Castle! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Community, Writing, Creativity 

Reply Veteris Mundi
Dragon Castle(Ver. 2.0)(CLOSED) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xCyanRushx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:04 am
This will be the main thread for Dragon Castle!

Enjoy!

User Image

The world is constantly at threat by the various evils and monstrosities that plague the lands. Local towns, cities, and villages have requested the aid of various heroes or adventurers to help rid these problems that constantly haunt the frightened minds of civilians. These heroes and adventurers gather at Dragon Castle. A place of refugee and a hallmark for heroes who seek glory or riches. The name originates from the Grand Guardian Valkoros. An ancient gold dragon who wishes to aid the realm and get rid of all those who seek to harm it. He lays dormant beneath the castle, only using his children to communicate to the dwellers above.

How it works:

This is a sandbox style role-play.

Dragon Castle's lore, world, and adventures are totally up to you. You create and shape this universe!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:08 pm
        User Image

Horrin finds himself roaming around among the glorious and well-kept halls of Dragon Castle. Noticing all the characters that inhabit these confines, he recognizes the potential for many surprising encounters: warriors, wizards, beasts, and monsters. However, Horrin is not interested in establishing any bonds or acquiring any allies, he is searching for individuals who will serve him well in realizing his goals.

Despite this, Horrin is always concerned about the image he is portraying. Even though he is not very fond of frivolities, such as making friends or idle chatter, he does take great pride in establishing a good image to project. The slightest compliment or recognition from others really gives Horrin a thrill, so he does his best to impress. With this in mind, he whispers to himself in a sort awkward effort to get rid of his mundane facial expression and to humor himself into a smile, "Dragon Castle huh? With a name like that, you would imagine people would be leaving instead of briskly walking through those doors." He chuckles a bit to himself, but realizes that there is no point. Eventually, he finds himself alone within one of the halls of the Mystic Wing, so he decides to drop his facade.

The Mystic Wing has more elaborate stone masonry than the rest of the castle. With arcs decorated with detailed draconic designs and columns with dragons swirling around them, and torches that illuminate the room, it fit the atmosphere Horrin was looking for. While he was admiring the scenery, Horrin abruptly stops at a rustic wooden door that looks like no one has tended to it in ages.

"Are you kidding me!? I paid quite the handsome fee for this room and this is what I get?!" He exclaims in annoyance. Pulling on the metal hoop of the door, which looks like a typical old castle door, he had to put a fair bit of strength to swing it open and reveal it's contents.

Horrin walks in and begins surveying the room. The size was slightly larger than the other rooms he looked into and had almost nothing in it, except a destroyed portal that was left by it's former resident who was an advanced sorcerer, according to the records he discussed with the individuals in charge of assigning living quarters. Seeing that it was still there, Horrin tilts his bed back and lets out a loud sigh of relief that could be heard from quite far into the halls. He gleefully crouches down in front of the crumbling stone structure and begins to pull out scrolls and runes from his bag. "I can work with this. Not damaged to the point where it cannot be salvaged. Might take a few hours and it's pretty crappy, but this is fine." He mumbles to himself.

He then pulls out his staff and wields it high into the air. With a crazed smile on his face and his eyes widening, he yells out, "GREMZAL TO ME!"

A crackle of green energy comes from Horrin's staff and shocks the ground upon impact. Dust flies up from the floor, and when it finally settles, a green furry imp about two feet tall reveals himself.

Shaken and surprised by the sudden calling, he stammers,"Y-Yes Master? H-How may I assist you?"

"Gremzal, I finally found a place to conduct my operations. Assist me by placing those summoning runes correctly." He then looks at Gremzal with a menacing glare. "And do not mess up! Remember when you almost caused an overload of fel energy and almost killed us? I expect it done properly this time." He proclaims in an authoritative tone. Horrin then points his staff toward the potential portal and begins charging it with fel energy.

Gremzal nods and begins picking up the stone runes from the bag and placing them one-by-one around the structure.

Mood: Excited
        My location: A Room Within the Mystic Wing
        People I'm with: No one
        Current Summon: Gremzal
        Out of Conscious: N/A

xCyanRushx

MrSinister90
Crew

Timid Reveler

5,000 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:59 pm
User Image

User Image

Walking through the marketplace of Maldria, Phelan can't help but look in awe at the diverse citizens that fills the crowded streets. Entranced in his first few minutes here, he forgot to follow the flow of the crowed and stopped in his tracks, effectively getting bumped into several times. "Oh! Excuse Me! Very sorry!". Phelan exclaimed to the people as he ducked down and tried to hide his embarrassment. He managed to shuffle his way to the side and somewhat out of the crowd.

Readjusting his robes with a small tug, Phelan caught sight of something bright, and red in the corner of his eye. He turned his head to see the shiniest, juiciest apple waiting for him at the top of a heap of them. It had been a long journey, and Phelan hadn't eaten anything since he woke up earlier in the day. Naturally the sight of the fruit caused a roar for the ages to emit from his stomach. Without thinking, Phelan leaned forward, picked up said apple and brought it slowly to his lips.

"That'll be twenty-five copper pieces, lad." A gruff voice said from behind the stall. Phelan blinked his attention to the bulky man, with intense green eyes under thick, red furrowed brows. His beard a sharp, angular shape along a strong, clenched jaw.

Phelan let out a small, nervous laugh as he lowered the apple and began scrounging up the copper from what little he had left. "Terribly sorry, It's been a long day of travelling is all." Phelan handed him the copper while giving an earnest smile.

"Not from around these parts, are ya? What brings you to Maldria?" The merchant asked with a raised brow as he takes the payment. "I am on my way to Dragon Castle, to join them in their efforts to fight the evil of this world!" Phelan stated with such conviction, a glint of excitement in his eyes. This proclamation drew a chuckle from the stone-faced merchant. "Is that so? A noble ambition you have there, even if you yourself seem a little green. Well in whatever endeavors you're striving for, I wish you luck, "hero"." The merchant gave Phelan a nod and a half-smirk. "Thank you kindly, sir! I'll be off then!" Phelan nodded to the merchant in thanks and rejoined the hustle and bustle of the busy streets, making his way to the Castle.

Climbing the stairs to the Sanctuary, Phelan took a moment to stop and take in the castle and all of its majesty. He watched in awe as a group of three adventurers descended the stairs, a small smile curled across his lips as he imagined himself in their position. Continuing upwards, he finally reached the massive doors, his hands reach out to grab the handles but they pause, and hover as a wave of doubt washed over him. 'C'mon Phelan, you can't give up now! Not after all you've done to get here, not when you're this close!'. With a reassuring nod for himself, Phelan gripped the door handles and swung them open.

Taking his first steps inside of the Sanctuary, Phelan took his time to inspect the interior. Stepping further into the building, he took a slow three-sixty degree spin to look around. Standing there, lost and somewhat nervous, he began to wonder exactly where he should start, and who or what he needs to be speaking to.

Feeling? Nervous
Where at? Marketplace > Sanctuary
Who with? Merchant > No One
OOC: N/A

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:56 pm
User Image

User Image
                                      "So I take it the room is too your liking?" A voice said abruptly. Standing at the doorway was a tall, slender figure, with piercing gold eyes that seem to glare right into Horrin's being. He held a rather heavy looking book with a hard cover, which appeared that it would take two hands for a normal person to hold. Hiyama simply held the book in one hand, while holding a pen in the other. Sounds of scribbling could be heard as he wrote a few things down in it, so as to keep a record. "As we discussed previously, the previous resident made the stupid mistake of trying his hand at magic beyond his skill. I would hope that you do not make the same mistake as he did." The elf spoke again, a slight agitation in his voice..

"I would hate to have that hideous portal go haywire again!" He spoke firmly, closing the book with a solid thud. "Now then, unless you have anything more to discuss with me, I will be taking my leave. I have other matters to attend to." He turned around and began walking away through the hallway, stopping a few feet away. "You may find me in the Sanctuary should you need anything else from me." He said as he turned his head a bit to look back at Horrin, then faced forward and walked away.

With a flick of his wrist, his body shimmered, and then he was gone. With a flash of light in the Sanctuary, Hiyama appeared, the light fading behind him as he stepped forward. As he figured, there was someone new standing within the walls of the Sanctuary, seeming rather confused based on his facial expression. “What business do you have here?” He questioned, walking towards the man. “Before I continue, allow me to introduce myself. I go by the name of Hiyama Aeros. You will refer to me as Sir Aeros. If you have any questions, then you may ask me.”

My feelings: Somewhat annoyed
                                                      My location: Dragon Castle / Sanctuary
                                                      People I'm with: Phelan Durai
                                                      Out of Care:

xCyanRushx

MrSinister90

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:39 am
[User Image]

He had left his village finally feeling ready to pursue his dream of becoming a monster hunter. He had trained for this his whole life and after his human mother passed 20 years ago he had secluded himself to the mountains only returning recently to forge his new armor he wears now. The silver metal shines from the light reflecting off the snow a red cape slightly billowing behind him as the wind heads towards the mountains. He takes a deep breath of this air as he knows he wont be seeing it for long. As the feeling of Excitement wells inside him he bellows out into the forest a blast of fire erupting from his mouth into the sky as he did this. However as soon as it came it dissipated and Goruk began to sprint down the path snow blasting behind him as he blasted from his standing position at his top speed kicking up snow behind him and making his form a blur as he ran.

"A new path opens before me!" he thinks to himself as he continues to run through the more forested outer area of the White Hills. Though after running only a short time he immediately stops snow billowing around him with his long pure white hair flowing around his face before settling on his shoulder plates. He sniffs around a bit smelling a interesting and new scent he had not smelled in these areas before. He then immediately takes off through the forest following this scent until only a few minutes later he came to a stop as he was now about 20ft away from a cloaked figure walking around closer to the mountains.

His Silvery blue eyes locked onto the cloaked figure sizing the man or woman up a bit attempting to figure out why they would be in such a dangerous area. He sniffed again and he realized the smell wasn't new and in fact could distinguish this creature had a human scent with dragon residue on its clothing. He wondered then if this human had slain a dragon recently or if it was attacked by one. So with his inspection complete he bowed to the creature slightly and spoke "What brings you to the area? My name is Goruk and I hail from a village in the mountains." he was quite clear with the being and he hoped that his honesty would be awarded with such.

My location: South of the White Hills
People I'm with: None
Current equipment: His claymore, Armor and cloak.
Out of Conscious:  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:11 pm
User Image

The young man jumped slightly with a gasp when he suddenly heard a voice, seeming to be talking to him. Jodan quickly turned around while stepping away, to see someone bowing slightly. He had his hand reached behind him, fingers wrapped around his staff, which would extend to its full length should he bring it out. But for now, he held it there at the ready in case this newcomer was a threat. He was confused as to how this man is here when he had just scanned the area around him moments ago. Did he just get here? If so, then how? Or maybe he used some sort of spell to cloak himself? But even then, he would have detected even the faintest bit of magic with his Foresight magic.

A lot had gone through his mind that he momentarily forgot the question that this man, who called himself Goruk, had asked. “Uhhhhh….” He paused for a moment, recalling the question. “I came here to collect some herbs for someone. She said they grew in those mountains.” He replied. “And…..” He paused for a moment, remembering the other part Goruk has said. His face paled slightly at the thought of anyone crazy enough to live in those hellish mountains. “W-wait a moment! There’s a village in the mountains where people live?!” He shouted. “I-I never read anything about anyone living in those mountains!”

Although the threat of that dragon from before was gone, he was still shaken by the encounter. And the sudden appearance of this man named Goruk did not help at all. Jodan tried to take deep breaths, to try and remain calm despite all that has happened so suddenly. He pulled the hood back on his cloak, revealing his long golden hair, and his face fully revealed in the light. No need to keep the hood up when he’s not in the blowing snow. He gazed upon Goruk head to toe, examining his figure for a moment. The man wore some interesting armor.

His eyes shimmered as multiple circles appeared in front of his eyes. His curiosity got the better of him as he began scanning the man’s armor, and the weapon he held. What he discovered fascinated Jodan. The scanning circles vanished. The armor seemed pretty strong, but that claymore is what got his attention. He then realized he was being rude by not introducing himself, since Goruk had done so already. “Ahhh! S-sorry! My name is Jodan.” He stammered quickly, glancing away, his face getting a little red from embarrassment. His mother would be ashamed of him if she were here right now, scolding him for forgetting proper etiquette.

My feelings: Still somewhat shaken
                                      People I'm with: Goruk Devon
                                      Current Weapon Form: Currently stored behind his belt.
                                      Out of Conscious:

Goruk Devon

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:45 pm
[User Image]

Goruk looked this man up and down captivated by the blonde of his hair and the beauty of his face. He had never met many humans or otherwise in his village for most there were all dragonborn as that was the villages way of survival in the mountains. So upon seeing someone whom was beautiful with golden hair he stood silent for a moment as he noticed the blush fill this mans face before shaking his head to clear his mind and speaking "Truly a pleasure to see another ...beautiful...I mean friendly! Face..." he coughs a bit before continuing "Its really dangerous in the mountains. Lots of dragons like to make their home there and they are usually a pretty ornery bunch. Would you like me to guide you through?"

Of course he had to offer his aid to this man. Though he looked combat capable he didnt even know of Goruk's village so clearly he needed help getting those herbs. "I have slain many a dragon in my time as well If you can describe the herb to me I know pretty much every plant, animal, cave system, etc" he said with much confidence. He had spent most of his childhood being thrown into the mountains and told to survive as training from his mother so he had grown accustom to the mountains as well as learned proper human etiquette from many other dragons who lived in these mountains but were not as ornery as others. He smiled warmly extending a hand to the man saying "I know it is not normal but I ask that you trust me in this I only want to help." he tried to make his aura strong so the man could feel he was not lying but he wondered if Humans could sense that sort of thing anyway.

People I'm with: Jodan Kurofwodo
Out of Conscious:  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:52 pm
        User Image

Horrin was shocked actually shocked to see this being of light suddenly appear and disappear before him. "Wow, just scares me and just leaves? He almost broke my concentration, that inconsiderate nuisance." He says under his breath. Horrin thinks upon the encounter and decides it would be wise to gather more information upon Dragon Castle, since he seems to be apart of the staff surrounding this place.

As he ponders his options, Horrin finally materializes the portal and he smiles with an eerie glee on his face. "Finally! Alright Gemzal, I shall go make my acquaintance and give the people here a proper introduction. Gather all my belongings within the Nether Realm and transport them back here. I shall give you some assistance since I realize that you are almost completely worthless on your own." Horrin raises his staff once more and green nether energy sparks atop the head of the staff. The energy takes on the appearance of lightning as it streaks across the room and rips a new portal in Horrin's presence. Two sickeningly grey human-like beings hulk forth from the portal. Their skin covered in scars that glow green with fel energy and their eyes are absent with only their sockets remaining that glow the same eerie green hue that peppers their skin. These beings are Nether Ghouls and they are fairly common within the Nether Realm. Horrin rarely use these beings for combat, rather, he uses them for labor purposes ."Alright you two, I would kindly ask that both of you assist Gremzal in acquiring my belongings that are stored within my room at the Demon Sanction. I would highly suggest you all get it done in the span of two hours. That will give you plenty of time until I arrive back. Make haste." After he is done giving orders, he gives the demons a menacing glare and begins heading towards Sanctuary.

He arrives within Sanctuary and notices that it bustling with activity.

"Man, it wasn't this crazy when I first arrived. I wonder what is going on to make it so... Disgustingly lively." He thought to himself.

After a few moments of searching, Horrin finally finds the man who vanished before him and sees him speaking with another man. Not caring about making a scene, he rushes towards the both of him yelling, "HEY! WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA GREETING ME AND VANISHING SO SUDDENLY!? I HAVE QUESTIONS YOU KNOW!?" He arrives, obviously irritated, with a look of annoyance and dissatisfaction in his eyes.

Mood: Annoyed
        People I'm with: Hiyama Aeros, Phelan Durai
        Current Summon: Gremzal (Not in party)

xCyanRushx

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:49 pm
User Image

Jodan glanced back at Goruk, an eyebrow raised in confusion. Did he just stammer? For someone who seemed like a powerful fighter, that seemed rather odd. “Well… It’s nice to meet you as well.” He let out a sigh as he loosened his grip around his staff. No need to be on the defensive now. It didn’t seem like Goruk would be a threat, otherwise he would have gone for the attack instead of introducing himself. “Y-yeah, I’ve read a lot about how dangerous it is in those mountains. I never thought it was…. that dangerous….” He gazed up towards the mountains.

“I was already leaving to head back to Maldria since I already have…. the….” His voice trailed off. Those flames from that dragon earlier got rather close now that he was thinking about it. He could feel his heart racing, his breathing a little unstable. He quickly grabbed hold of the bag that hung at his side that was hidden inside his cloak. He hadn’t realized his cloak got burned by the fire until just now. Does that mean the bag got damaged too? He saw that a part of the bag also got damaged. “Oh no!” He began to panic. He opened up the bag to see if those herbs were alright.

He paused for a moment. Then he fell to his knees, his eyes staring blankly inside the bag. It was just as he feared. The herbs he had picked out were charred, making them completely useless. The herbalist had specifically stated that they have to be fresh and never to be damaged. He doesn’t want to go back into those mountains again, but now he’s going to have to. He groaned a bit. “Well I had the herbs!”

He let out a sigh. He was going to have to go back into those mountains. But hearing that this man has slain dragons made him feel somewhat better. “I suppose I’ll have you guide me through the mountains again.” He stood back up, dusting his legs off. “I-if you are wanting to of course…. The herbs I was looking for looks like leaves, but are a snowy white color. It took me some time to find the ones I had, and I had to use my magic to locate them.”

My feelings: Upset and somewhat terrified.
                                      People I'm with: Goruk Devon
                                      Current Weapon Form: Currently stored behind his belt.
                                      Out of Conscious:

Goruk Devon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:42 am
[User Image]

Goruk rubs his chin as he ponders the description given to him by Jodan. He had seen it somewhere before but he just could not put his finger on it. After half a minute of pondering it came to him. "I have seen this herb grow deep in the mountain close to my village." He nods his head and begins to explain where they needed to head but first he had questions "How fast can you run if we need to? I am a slayer of Dragons but I cannot kill all that reside here." he looked very serious when he said this but in a caring way. He did not want the first person he met to die under his protection so he needed to know at what capacity he was going to need to help.

The mountains are a dangerous place. Seems everyone knew this about them but not anything more. It surprised him that this man was surprised anyone lived in the mountains however he supposed the lack of human contact he had should have made him understand why someone would be surprised. While he awaited the question from the man in the distance he saw a shadowy figure fly behind the furthest peak he could see. Unfortunately it was heading right where they needed to go. He would reveal this fact only after the man answered the question for he felt the man needed to know danger was imminent.

Mood: Determined, Alert
People I'm with: Jodan Kurofwodo
Out of Conscious:  

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

MrSinister90
Crew

Timid Reveler

5,000 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:39 pm
User Image

User Image

Phelan turned immediately towards the other voice that entered the hall, finding an elven male approaching him. Phelan smiled warmly to Hiyama as he introduced himself, a thought slipped into his mind, 'Could this man truly speak for the higher-ups? Perhaps it is for the best that I not question him at this given moment.' Phelan crossed his right arm across his chest and lowered himself to one knee, bowing his head in respect. "Sir Aeros, I Phelan Durai, have traveled to Maldria with the intent of joining the forces of Dragon Castle. So that I may help in ridding this world of the evil that pervades it.".

Phelan let out a sigh of relief, whatever happens now would be out of his hands. Suddenly another man entered the Sanctuary, rushing towards Hiyama and Phelan with some semblance of urgency. The abrupt yelling that came from the man's lips caused Phelan to tumble backwards onto his rear in surprise. He looked up at the warlock, blinking curiously at his annoyed demeanor. 'Could this man be a new recruit? He looks like a powerful magician. Maybe they don't need me after all.' Phelan's self-doubt re-emerged and left a soul-crushing feeling in his chest. He glanced woefully from one face to other before lowering his gaze to the floor.

Feeling? Doubtful
Where at? Sanctuary
Who with? Hiyama & Horrin
OOC: N/A

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:45 pm
        User Image

Horrin glances over at the collapsed young man, a little intrigued. Given his attire, he conjured up the assumption that he must be a spell-caster of some kind. Horrin always respected someone involved in the mystic arts. Growing up, he had heard tales of powerful sorcerers and wizards ravaging the lands, forcing their might upon anyone that stands within their path.

Horrin ponders to himself. "Could this man be a powerful mage? I wonder... He could prove useful."

Horrin puts a fake grin on his face and begins invoking his inner charisma, clearly looking to put a positive impression upon Phelan. With his charming character put on display, he reaches a hand out to Phelan, looking to help him up.

"Phelan was it? My, I sense the kindness and drive within your heart. That's good! I respect a willful man like you! You said to rid the world of evil was it? How about assisting me in a task that would compliment your goals and desires?" Horrin says with a mischievous smile and demeanor on his face, eager to hear his response.

Mood: Eager
        My location: Sanctuary
        People I'm with: Phelan Durai, Hiyama Aeros
        Current Summon: Gremzal (Not in Party)

xCyanRushx

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:01 pm
User Image

User Image
                                      Hiyama was slightly confused when the new young man bowed like that, though he didn’t mind. “I see, so you’re an adventurer. I take it you’re ready to accept tasks given to you whenever we should require your abilities?” He questioned the man, who introduced himself as Phelan. Before Hiyama could sayanything else, his thoughts were interrupted when Horrin decided to burst in yelling at him. His eyebrow twitched in annoyance as he glared at the man. A fiery aura began to surround him.

He let out an irritated sigh, the aura dissipating. “Sorry, but like I said before, I had other, more important, matters to attend to, than to babysit you!” He snapped back. He noticed Phelan had fallen back, and it seemed that Horrin did as well, seeing as how changed his tone when speaking to the newcomer. He glanced back at Phelan. “Well it appears this man has requested your assistance.” Hiyama glanced over to Horrin, seeing that smirk. What is he planning? He questioned to himself in his mind. “By the way….” He started. “You said you have questions for me?” He asked. “Perhaps you both can ask me any questions you may have.”

My feelings: Irritated
                                                      People I'm with: Phelan Durai and Horrin Lambell
                                                      Out of Care:

xCyanRushx

MrSinister90

Veteris Mundi

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out