Submit

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 am
I originally joined this Guild because I couldn't find a WoW one.

ninja ninja

I'm not sure about the leveling system but since everyone seems to just be spam leveling it kind of seems ridiculous. So I'm going to add my voice to it because I'm obviously late to the game and my character is to old to be defeated by randoms on the daily just because I don't post.

ninja ninja

So WoW spam it is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:46 am
User Image

This is Tylanduil Embermourn.

He's a Blood Elf.

And a Death Knight.

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 am
User Image

This is him a bit more recently. He has a stupid helm that looks like a miners hat and I refuse to take screenshots with the stupid thing on.

The tabard he's wearing represents his Guild, The Horde Knights. They're pretty nice people and thankfully ooc in Guild chat (Ty is on a roleplaying server).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:51 am
Tylanduil was a lot of work to get his backstory correct. Warcraft has a huge history and its particularly hard to place longer lived races like the Night and Blood elves. I have done a lot of reading/video watching/obscure knowledge digging to get his character spiffed up and ready to rumble.  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 am
Tylanduil's History:

Long before the Scourge tore through Quel'Thalas, before even the First war, relative peace reigned and people flourished. One hundred and fifty eight years before orcs and humans clashed a new life came to two jubilant parents. Tylanduil was a happy, quiet newborn and the second child of Loraetheas and Aesmir. His father was a mage of relatively good standing who spent half his time in Dalaran, whereas his mother was a simple enchanter who worked with a master enchanter not far from their home. Often times she would take him with her when she worked. This was the foundation he grew upon, one of arcane powers and dedicated parents. Plus the bonus of an elder sibling.

As the years passed by the newborn blood elf seemed to age to quickly for his parents. A seemingly endless thirst for knowledge paired with bright enthusiasm guided him through his younger years and into proper schooling. Despite his upbringing he had a desire to belong among the Farstriders. Holding them in reverence anytime he saw them about the city. The frequency in which he spoke about them was hoped to be just a passing phase, as both parents wished him to be more involved in the arcane. Slowly time passed, the desire never wavering to the point of stubbornness. As he reached the age of adulthood he pleaded with his father for the permission to follow his heart. His father did not refuse him.

The next forty years went by as both a blur and as slowly as a leaf across a pond. All of his training and preparation had gotten himself recognized and within days of his coming of age he had pledged his service. It was still a time of relative peace and much of his duties were simple, unexciting tasks that he did with the most minimal of complaints. The first war came and went in this manner without their isolated community even feeling the ripples of change it wrought. He had settled, somewhat uncomfortably, with a wife without any thought to the outside world. Shortly before the second war he found himself expecting his own child with mixed feelings on the matter. At this point he was closer to middle aged, frustrated with the marriage that did not hold his heart.

The winds of change were blowing however, bringing to the city a delegation of Humans and Dwarves. Naturally he was curious, borderline nosy, about the sudden appearance of strangers. Rumors of a blooming Alliance were whispered among the streets along with the gossip of Orcs. It surprised him that their king had decided to aid this Alliance of Lordaeron. This feeling quickly dissolved to frustration when he found himself staying behind in Quel'Thalas while a small, pitiful really, force of his brethren left their homeland. Putting only a token force out meant their king did not think the threat was great enough so all he could do was bite his tongue.

This quickly changed as the land around their city burned. Orcs had pushed their way to their borders spurring a more immediate response to the threat. Finding himself fighting among humans to protect his home spurred his heart and made his mind buzz with the desire to learn of their people. The Orcs had managed to corrupt the runestone that protected them before the fighting was over. This last straw is what sent the high elves, and thankfully the Farstriders, headlong into the second war. Soon he found himself in strange new lands fighting along the mix of human and dwarves that formed the Alliance. First the Hinterlands and then deeper, across to Lordaeron where he found powerful friends among both Dwarf and Human as they beat back the Orcs. They would have lost if not for the infighting their enemy was facing. Without their leaders they were lost and they were quickly defeated. Thus he was witness to the end of the second war, and the victory they had obtained.

With the destruction of the Dark Portal and the Orcs no longer a threat he returned to Quel'Thalas. Heart and mind bolstered with the friends he had made and who it pained him to have to leave. Returning home he was a different person. Humbler, more involved in the life of his child and despite his having no real love for his wife he made the effort to try. When the blame started to fall on the humans for the burning of their lands and the destruction of the runestone he was stunned. So many had died fighting for a land not their own, how could anyone claim such a thing as truth? No matter the arguments made against these claims it seemed to fall on deaf ears and once more they fell into isolation.

No one had expected what came next. Having cut off their ties to the Alliance the high elves viewed anything not involving them to be not of their concern. No news of the outside came nor went and life inside was quiet. So when the threat came to their gates none were prepared. The Scourge had set their sights on the Sunwell after their devastation of Lordaeron. By this time Tylanduil was a well established member of the Farstriders, known for his involvement in the war by the youngest of their ranks. When their new enemy came to their walls he had been there, sharp grreen eyes watching their approach and listening to the shouts. Lady Sylvanas Windrunner was out with them in what felt like a heartbeat. When they clashed with the Scourge it was by her orders. Again and again they counterattacked. It was not enough. They fell back to the inner gates and tried to hold them there. Tylanduil had barely made it through the line with an injured comrade when they attacked again. Nothing withstood their onslaught. In the end so many of their people lay dead and the streets awash in blood and bodies. Tylanduil was not among the dead, instead he was grievously wounded and lay unconscious. Mostly trapped under a dead abomination, forgotten in the swarm.

When he woke it was to utter silence. Weak from blood loss he had struggled his way free of the dead weight on him and taken stock of his surroundings. For days he rounded up survivors, finding pockets of those who had hidden. Long weeks passed before Kael'thas returned from Dalaran and gathered his people to him. There was a decision to rename their people. Sin'dorei. Children of the blood. Tylanduil embraced the name easily, the number of fallen he had counted as friends demanded such a remembrance. Cut off from the magics of the Sunwell many were facing another very real problem, withdrawal. With the third war upon them there was little else to do but embrace the Alliance once more.

This persisted until the missions given them became more and more difficult, forcing an alliance with Lady Vashj of the Naga. Tired, battered, they had needed this support to survive a mission they otherwise would have perished on. This was seen as treachery and Tylanduil found himself imprisoned and awaiting death at the hands of the New Alliance. Thankfully they were saved by Lady Vashj and they escaped, following Kael'thas once more into an uncertain future. Tylanduil was tired of war by now and did not want to follow his prince to Outland. Duty is what steadied his resolve, remembering he was still a Farstrider. Sadly this decision led to his death at the peak of the frozen throne.

This would not be the end of him however. Needing an army the Lich King, Arthus, took many souls from the fallen. Creating not only Death Knight's to serve him, but taking the powerful mages later called the San'layn. Tylanduil was one of the unfortunate souls to be taken, muddled and confused he had heard nothing but the Lich King's voice in his head and a need to obey it. For years he was a near mindless servant, committing whatever orders he was given. It was not until Lights's Hope chapel made Arthus's grip on the Death Knights falter and break. Back in their own faculties and finding themselves among the Scourge they had fought so hard against it was an unspoken drive in them to erradicate them.

In the aftermath Tylanduil had faltered, staring at those who still stood, realization settling deep in his bones. Corrupted eyes taking in those around him with despair. The voice of Darion Mograine was what stirred them from their stupor. From this moment on they had a choice. Follow Lord Mograine as a member of the Ebon Blade, or go out in the world to find ones place. Tyranduil, who had already lost much, stayed.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:57 am
Oof. And don't even get me started on his personality (no, seriously, don't, I haven't even started there yet.)

He's a complex character that I really shouldn't have chosen as a first time roleplaying character. That and there are so many Blood Elves it not even funny. Even though the lore states 90% of their race got slaughtered by the Scourge when the Lich King led them to Quel'Thalas to use their Sunwell. Resurrecting a person as a Lich is apparently hard work and takes quite a bit of magical energy.  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:01 am
As of yet Ty has been a bit difficult to interact with other people as he's low level and there are plenty of asshats online trying to pick on lower levels for easy reputation (they have a pvp reputation system in case anyone's wondering). So I've been off on my own trying to power level him by dungeon crawling. Thankfully patch 7.2 came out so all the level 110's are now busy completely the Broken Shore story line so I'm pretty much alone in all the lower level zones (go me!)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:08 am
I have two other roleplaying characters for WoW. I may in the future pick up another but I'm easing into it still.  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:16 am
User Image

Like this guy.

Kegax Gearfuse.

He's a Goblin Rogue.

Goblins are hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:22 am
Those two pics are literally the only ones I have of him so far. He's new-new. Like, Level 13 just out of starting zone new haha. I love him though, Goblins in general are hilarious creatures. I'm still working out Goblin lore which, honestly, is a little different. So yeah, picture and that's about all I got at the moment. History is still being worked out =P  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:29 am
User Image

And this is my newest guy.

Tokahton Eaglewalker

He's a Tauren Paladin.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:32 am
I literally made this guy so I could be on the same server as another roleplayer I met through the Amino App, and the WoW one obviously. I wasn't told until afterwards that you can apparently roleplay cross realms as long as your in a group together. xp  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:36 am
Anyway.

What I like most about Tauren is that they are in tune with nature and very shamanistic, something they share with the Orcs and Trolls of the WoW world. They dislike violence unless they have no choice, they celebrate life and have a deep respect for spirits. They're entire history is of spoken word and only the most important ones are displayed on banners. They have a dislike for the Undead (which I assume includes Death Knights, sorry Ty) as it makes them highly uneasy. They also steer clear of Blood Elves (again, wow, sorry Ty) because they have a stench of magic from their magic addiction.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:39 am
Now Tokahton is still a work in progress as I'm not sure how Paladins started among the Tauren and it seems it might be a long time before I figure out how exactly he got into it. For now I suppose he'd in limbo as he hasn't left his starting zone of Mulgore yet. That will give me the time to figure it out, I hope.  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:42 am
Everyone from here on out is not a roleplaying character. Though I do have a head canon for all of them because I honestly love them. They can all be very different in my head than what's going on in the game.  
48.)symbols

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff