Submit

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:38 pm
I know, I know, there's an Introduction thread, but this is more who I am, what has shaped me, and pictures of things.

I'm not an overly talkative person but internet seems easier. So I'm gonna drop things here and feel free to stop in and talk, ask questions, and I dunno, just be friendly (or not, either way? xD)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:10 pm
User Image

Ooh boy, in order left to right:

Just out of the Marine Corps I had flown back for the Ball and spent extra time with my buddies.

Next one was literally a few days after getting out, went camping in Washington State, can't remember where for the life of me.

Hah. Me and my best friend/buddy of three years, the year prior.

And the last one we had just done a run. We were out in Afghan and the only good time to run was after the sun went down. Creepy at night that place.

I don't really have any recent pics of me...I've put on weight and am super self-conscious about it so, yeah, there's that.  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:27 pm
User Image

Its been a year since I was in and three years since I was walking around in this crap (points up). But its memories I'd never give up. Met a bunch of people and learned a lot. Its actually been really hard to move on since leaving the service, things just aren't the same anymore. And this past November I actually found out one of my former Sergeants had gone a bit off the grid. He had been missing for a day or so but had been quiet for a while before that. But yeah, um, things happened and that still rests heavy for me so yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:37 pm
User Image

I ended up adopting this guy while I was still in California. His name is Merlin and they estimated he was about 2 years old. He'd been a stray for a long while before they got him. Place was shutting down so it was hard not to take just him. He's a big doofus but he's been an awesome dog. Now if only he'd play fetch... rofl  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:31 pm
I'm not sure if anyone is reading this but *shrugs* I'll keep going anyway. I love books, writing and roleplaying. I have a book I've been writing (re-writing, scrapping, starting over) Since I was in high school. I'll likely never finish because of bouts of self-doubt and often crippling depression.

On the bright side I get by alright, I love movies, music, comics, and getting out and exploring the US of A (and other countries when I can get to it!) When I got out of the Marine Corps I took a huge trip from Southern CA (Camp Pendleton) up to Washington state and then across the northern states towards New York. I'll likely post some of the cooler sights we stopped at.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:33 pm
User Image

First off we ended up going south first. Stopping in San Diego for the zoo. This little Veterans Museum was on the walk there so we stopped in. Bought my fancy Vet hat there actually. Guy there was cool and we talked a bit before I went about to look at things.  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:34 pm
User Image

Now the San Diego Zoo is huge, and I'm not gonna post all the pictures I have. But I liked this one of the giraffes and the babies. They're pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 pm
User Image

We headed north a few days later, and eventually we came into the Redwood Forest. This place was astounding. The trees were huge and some bigger around that my car.  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:37 pm
User Image

I had to lay on the ground with my phone practically laying on my chest to even get a good view of how huge these trees are.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 pm
User Image

This one was only a stump (A stump!!) And looked as if an animal had been sleeping in it. Or, well, maybe a person, who knows right?  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:42 pm
User Image

Spent a few days camping, fishing, it was a good time. Afterwards we pushed on through Oregon (Some real creepy placed there =/) And into Washington State. I believe that is Mt. Rainier in the background (I don't remember).  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 pm
User Image

The Ginkgo Petrified Forest. I think this is in WA just across the way from Idaho. It was cool, we stopped by a shop and got some petrified wood and some cool trinkets.  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 pm
User Image

Across the water now and looking south. It was really amazing how beautiful it was.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:49 pm
User Image

Devil's Tower in Wyoming. Montana went on foreevvveeerrrr. We wanted to stop at some places but at the time there was a pretty bad fire and we decided to just not risk it.  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:51 pm
User Image

We had to pay to get closer (bummer) But it was so worth it. We parked and went on a hike around it. (I say hike because it was a 3 mile trail to go all the way around). Just look at that! People were climbing it too and I was jealous. Would have been awesome to be on top!  
49.)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff