[FIN] A Murder of Crows Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:03 am
He wished he could just have lain there quietly with Abel for the rest of the day feeling the beat of his heart and occasionally exchanging soft gestures of affection. They had to eat eventually though and, more than that, they had to decide what to do next.

With the dishes washed and Taavi out flying with Valour there was no putting it off any longer.

Zevran was trying all the same.

With coffee in hand he had left Abel putting away the plates and things and retreated to the haven of the blanket fort where he now sat with his legs curled up under himself, hands wrapped around the mug, staring into space.

After a few moments Clara padded out from behind the sofa and crept in after him. She wagged her tail uncertainly and then, when he didn't react, she settled herself down quietly beside him and leaned her chin on his thigh with a soft worried whine.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:36 am
As much as he wanted to stay curled up with his precious boyfriend all day long, lunch had to happen, after which Taavi left for an afternoon fly with Valour, and Zevran disappeared into the other room with coffee. This left Abel alone with his thoughts and with the dishes, and while he washed the latter he silently mulled over the former. It didn't take too long to finish cleaning up after lunch though, so several minutes after Zev retreated into the relative safety of the blanket fort, Abel followed suit with coffee in hand and slipped in after him. "Hey sweetheart," he said softly, his colorful eyes searching his face. What must be going through his mind...? He had a sneaking suspicion he could empathize, to a certain degree. "What're you thinking about?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:42 am
"Hey." Zevran gave a wan smile and shrugged slightly. "Life, I suppose. Death. Old friends... and what to do next. I do not like the idea of sitting around waiting for Taliesen to act, I have spent too much of my life being... Ah," he frowned and freed a hand from his coffee cup to grope vaguely in the air as he sought the right word. "How would you say it? ¿Pasivo?... Oh," he huffed weary amusement and shook his head, "passive. You would think I might remember words that sound so similar. But you understand what I mean? This... I have to do something, try to take control of the situation."  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:47 am
While Zev spoke, Abel shifted his coffee to one hand so he could use the other to balance himself as he scooted over to sit beside his boyfriend, then slipped his free arm around his shoulders and leaned in to kiss his cheek. "English is hard," he said with a brief chuckle, "even if you're a native speaker. But I understand, yeah. Mmh... what d'you want to do to take control of it?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:06 am
Zevran tightened his grip on his mug and leaned against Abel, his body tense. "I want to find Callisto's phone and contact Taliesen," he said quietly, as though the volume of his voice could lessen the impact of his words. "He will find me sooner or later but if I can set the time and place... It is better than waiting for him to strike; if nothing else can be done I at least want to look him in the eye."  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:30 am
When Zevran leaned closer Abel tightened his one-armed embrace without hesitation. Find her phone... that they'd thrown somewhere in the park? "It's probably still where we tossed it," he mused aloud as he took an experimental sip of his coffee. "Being able to set the time and place would definitely give you more control over the situation... and Sonia will keep us covered until we get there too, so no one'll be able to try anything before we're ready for them to." Once more he leaned in to press a soft kiss to his skin - his temple this time - but didn't go very far afterwards, instead leaning forward a bit to catch his gaze. "I'll be with you the whole time, no matter what happens. I'm your man, yeah?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:40 am
Oh. Zevran held Abel's gaze at first but it was difficult, intense because how could anyone ever look at him like that, and after a few moments his eyes flickered away. "I know. I... Thank you." He freed a hand from his mug and reached out to squeeze Abel's where it was wrapped around his waist.

No matter what. He didn't want to think about 'what', that they might very well both die very soon. He shouldn't let Abel accompany him, yet he couldn't bring himself to try to leave him behind. It wouldn't work anyway, he knew Abel would just follow.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:53 am
"Of course sweetheart," he replied gently as he leaned in to leave another kiss on his cheek and gave him a firm, fond squeeze. He looked so... something. Scared? Anxious? Miserable? Maybe a combination of any of the above and possibly - probably - more than that. "You were there for me when I needed you most, even when I didn't want your help. I'm happy that I can be here for you when you need me to be."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:41 pm
Hearing the fond nickname made him smile faintly for a moment and he turned his head slightly to return the cheek-kiss. "I am glad you are here too." More than glad, but afraid of what could happen to him.

"I suppose we should go," Zevran continued after a moment, looking down into his only-just-started mug of coffee. "Taavi could come back at any time and I am too tired to keep on pretending that all is well."

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:17 pm
Seeing him this way made his heart ache -- and made him all the more determined to ensure he lived to see his future, no matter what. He rubbed a few fond circles with his thumb on his love's side and hummed thoughtfully for a few moments. "It's.. hard pretending everything is fine, I know I definitely gave up after a while, though I'm sure you know that already," he admitted with a wry, somewhat self-deprecating chuckle. "But, hm... Before we go, we should probably figure out the time and place, yeah? Do you have any ideas?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:37 pm
Zevran nodded mute agreement with Abel's sentiment. "I have spent a lot of my life pretending this or that but a situation like this is... Well, it is different though I could not say why. Feelings are difficult things, they do not explain themselves or ask your leave to do what they please to you." Perhaps that was why it was more difficult now, he had always suppressed deep feelings before he had come here but now they were a wellspring that showed no sign of abating. "Ah, but you have to take the good with the bad yes? As for the place, I think that the warehouse would be suitable. I know it well and the chance of there being bystanders is slim, under the circumstances that is the best we can ask for I think." He had never shown Abel the place he had lived for almost a year now nor had he ever intended to, it was hardly fit for guests.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:08 pm
Abel took one last sip of his mostly full coffee before carefully setting the mug down on the floor. With his other hand now free, he shifted to sit on his knees so he could wrap his boyfriend up in his arms and hold him tightly -- protectively. "I know. I understand, probably better than most people would, just why it's so difficult to keep pretending things are okay in situations like this. It's stressful and terrifying, and that makes it much harder to just pretend everything's fine. Just know that I love you and I'm here for you no matter what." He paused to press a soft kiss to Zevran's fine blond hair, and to give himself a moment to collect his thoughts. "That's probably the best idea, all things considered, plus like you said you know it much better than they do, so that'll give us an advantage as well. D'you have an idea of when you want the meeting to be?" How soon did he want to do it? Did he want to put it off, or did he want to just.. get it over with?  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:15 pm
Though he hadn't drunk very much of his coffee Zevran set his mug down beside Abel's and wrapped his arms tightly around him in return. "I want it to be over," he replied tightly. "I cannot think of anything we can do to prepare other than go armed so... so I will see how soon he is prepared to meet, the sooner the better." He needed to decide which pokemon to take with him and which to leave behind. Whose lives did he risk? Who could he count on to take whatever action might be needed?  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:38 pm
After taking a slow, even, controlled breath - he could not, would not panic - he squeezed him protectively and rested his cheek atop his head. "I don't blame you for wanting it to be over, not one bit." That had been all he could think about back when Patty had him at the end of a noose, so he could only imagine how Zevran must feel... Everything had been going so well for so long, why couldn't it have continued? Why did something like this have to happen? But at least they knew about it and could prepare for it, and endeavor to pick a good time and place that would give them the advantage. "Hmm... D'you want to let him pick a time then so he can be prepared too, or do you want to tell him a time to be ready whether he's prepared or not?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:40 pm
As Abel took in a slow breath Zevran squeezed him tighter and kissed the curve of his shoulder where it joined his neck. "I do not wish to give him any extra advantage, they already have us outnumbered. If he will not agree to my terms though... Mmh, yes I would rather compromise time than place."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff