Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:15 pm
It had taken a few weeks of gentle coaxing and leaving money and store-bought food for them, but eventually the pair of former apprentices had agreed to eat something that he and Zevran made. ...well, mostly Zev, but Abel tried to help where he could and with whatever he could. Once everything was finished and packed up, he left his boyfriend to get ready while he headed off to find the biggest blanket he could that he didn't mind getting covered in grass or possibly bits of food, as well as to change and recall whichever pokemon wanted to go to the park with them.

A while later, with a handful of pokeballs tucked safely away in his pocket and the blanket and food stored in bags held in both hands, Abel's bright, colorful gaze scanned the park, keeping a keen eye out for the pair of apprentices. "D'you think they're here already, or should we pick a nice spot to set up?" He asked his love, sparing a brief glance and a warm, equally bright smile for him. He almost couldn't believe it. They were actually going to eat food Zev had made; they were starting to trust them more! ...it probably helped that he and Zev would also be eating the food, so therefore it obviously wouldn't be poisoned or anything like that, but Abel still counted it as solid progress.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:30 pm
Despite his best efforts not to be Zevran was a little nervous, they had been making slow progress with the two youngsters but he was afraid that the slightest mistake could frighten them off. They needed somebody to look after them no matter how much they might disagree, they were just kids....

But today, he hoped, would be good; they would get a taste of the flavours of home and he hoped it would make them a little more willing to open up. Perhaps they would even find out their names.

"Let us sit," Zevran replied, a small thoughtful frown furrowing his brow. "I think that they may already be here, if I were them I would be here early scoping things out. If we pick a spot, they will come.... Hopefully." After a moment he flashed Abel a small, slightly nervous smile and squeezed his hand. "This will be good, yes?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:09 pm
"Mmh, that's a good point," the taller blond ceded, turning to scan the park again. Just because he couldn't spot them right away didn't mean they weren't there; if it were him, arriving early and finding a good spot to observe from would be the best course of action. "We can find a good spot to sit. It'll be wonderful," Abel added, returning the squeeze to his hand and offering his love a warm, reassuring smile as he half-turned so he could - gently, of course - drop his forehead onto Zevran's, the better to look into those handsome amber eyes of his. While he was a little nervous too... "They'll come, I'm sure they will. And if they don't, well, we'll just have to enjoy your amazing cooking by ourselves. But I'm pretty sure they'll come join us once they feel safe enough." It seemed like the best way to get to them was through their stomachs, and after being away from Antiva for so many weeks now without any of their favorite foods, or even any kind of tastes of home... Abel was willing to bet they'd come just to see if Zev made any Antivan dishes. Even if they didn't want to go back to the Crows, he didn't doubt they missed a few things from home, like the food.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:04 pm
"I think they will too," Zevran agreed, smiling softly as Abel looked down into his eyes. Abel had such lovely eyes, like shining opals. "I am just a little... a little apprehensive? I wish for this to go well and... ahah, I suppose I am thinking more about the future than I am comfortable with; their future. They are better off here than in Antiva with the Crows but what kind of life will they have?" They deserved a good one, but people didn't always get what they deserved. Taliesen hadn't. He wished his old friend could have seen there was a choice as he had when he had arrived here in Kodo, failing to die and starting to live....

Ah, but that couldn't be helped - no point in dwelling.

"How about over there?" Zevran pointed to a particular tree and nudged Abel. "Didn't you shake snow on my head from that one around New Year? It feels like a very long time ago mir amor."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:25 pm
Abel's smile softened a bit, but a moment later he lifted his head to press a kiss to Zev's forehead and then began heading towards the tree the shorter blond had motioned to. "I understand, I want it to go well too. Mmh, I think that's natural, but their life isn't too bad so far, I don't think. It is better here, and we're also doing what we can to make sure they've got food to eat, at least. I wish we could do more for them, but," he shrugged in lieu of finishing the sentence. There wasn't much else they could do to help them, until they were amenable to being helped.

"Ah, I think it was that one, or at least one nearby," he added, aiming a smirky smile at his boyfriend as he returned the nudge. "It feels like ages ago. I haven't had that much fun in snow in years, but I had tons of fun that day with you." Had it really been so long ago? It felt like just a scant couple of weeks, and yet at the same time it felt like years had passed. Time was a funny thing.

It took just a few moments to reach the spot Zevran had indicated, and after carefully setting the bags of food down Abel pulled out the blanket and knelt down to smooth it out over the grass beneath the nearby grove of trees to give them some shade. "There, how's this?" He asked once he finished, sitting back on his heels and glancing up towards his love, both because he wanted to and because he was in a good position to help start setting food out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:30 pm
"Ah, yes," Zevran nodded. "At least here they are safe." Nobody was going to hurt them or use them as tools, that was what mattered.

As Abel smoothed out the blanket Zevran stood back and watched with a faint smile on his lips, absently rubbing his chest where the new scars itched and prickled a little. "It does seem like a long time, so much has happened.... My life is very different now, thanks to you." Still smiling Zevran knelt down, slid a hand up the back of Abel's neck and leaned in to kiss him softly on the lips. "This looks perfect, just like you."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:12 pm
"Yes, exactly." Well, safer at least. He wouldn't feel like they were truly safe until.... When would he feel like they were truly safe? It wasn't a question he felt he could answer just yet, much as he wanted to.

Setting that train of thought aside for now, he smiled as he thought on Zevran's words, though he didn't miss the touch to his more recent injuries. "Yeah, a lot's happened.. And it seems like it is; hopefully it's a good different," he said before he eagerly leaned into the kiss and returned it softly, one hand lifting to gently brush the backs of his fingers over Zevran's cheek while the other moved to rest at his love's waist. Of course it was a good different, he knew it was, but that didn't mean he didn't like hearing it reaffirmed every so often. Zevran, like the pair of kids somewhere nearby, had a much better life now, and he had every intention of protecting that life to the best of his ability.

After a few moments he pulled away but didn't go very far, instead opting to lean his forehead gently against Zev's so he could stay close to him. "If I look perfect, you are perfect. Mmh, as much as I could sit here and compliment and kiss you all day - and you know I could - we should probably get lunch all set out, yeah?" While he wasn't entirely sure, he thought it reasonable to assume the pair of ex-apprentices wouldn't come join them if they spent all afternoon kissing and talking instead of having the picnic they'd agreed to have with them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:39 am
Zevran chuckled and pressed a last kiss to the corner of Abel's mouth before sitting back and opening one of the bags of food. "I suppose you are right, we wouldn't wish to frighten them off.... And yes, a good different." Zevran paused in the act of fetching out the container of cured meats and smiled softly at Abel. "Very good."

The food, though.

"Jamón," Zevran set the container down and fetched out a flask followed by other packages as he muttered to himself; "gazpacho, tortilla, pan para bocadillo, aceitunas, queso, limonada... Bueno. " Zevran cleared his throat and looked at Abel again. "Do you have the hot things there?" Abel had helped him to make the garlic prawns, the croquetes, and patatas bravas; preparing food together was almost as good as eating it together.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:05 pm
"Good." Abel returned the smile with his own, soft and fond. The moment had ended but... "I'm glad. My life's different too, thanks to you. It's much better with you in it." Infinitely better, even.

Aha, frighten them off? "Nah, I don't think we will, not when we have all this food." As he spoke he pulled out the last few containers of food and set them down, his mouth watering already at the delicious aroma that wafted out with them. "Yep, got them all right here. That's everything, yeah?" Even as he posed the question his gaze swept over the assembled containers and dishes, trying to remember everything he'd helped Zev make. There was a lot, but it looked like everything was there. A moment or two later he chuckled and aimed a small grin over at his love. "It's only a matter of time until they come over here, I think. This all looks and smells amazing." There was no way they wouldn't come, not with the copious amounts of food Zev made, especially not when they were all Antivan dishes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:51 pm
"Food is a very good motivator, especially to a young Crow!" Zevran agreed with a laugh and a sharp little smile. "Never turn down a meal, at least once you are fairly sure it is not poisoned. Ah- and I should say former Crow of course, fortunately."

As Zevran started to unwrap the various food items and fetched out the plates and such they'd brought a pair of figures climbed quietly out of the foliage of a tree about a hundred yards behind Zevran. The teenagers exchanged a glance and then started towards the blanket; the girl walked with a deliberate purposeful air, while the boy absently picked a twig out of his long hair.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:19 pm
Despite the thoughts his boyfriend's words prompted, Abel chuckled and nodded. "Former, yes; that's a very important distinction. In either case though, I'm glad they'll have a nice home-cooked meal. I doubt they've had one since they left," he mused aloud as he glanced over at Zev while he helped unpack and set out the rest of what they'd brought.

Movement off to one side caught his eye and lengthened his grief glance, but he soon aimed a small smile down at the containers of food as he settled himself more comfortably on the blanket. "Mmh, I think our company's coming," he murmured softly for Zev's benefit, seeing as they were approaching from behind the shorter blond. That didn't take too long!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:59 am
He had been fairly sure that they would come but it was still a relief to have confirmation. "Ahh, excellent!" Zevran smile and turned to wave at the pair briefly before turning back to Abel and the things he was setting out; it felt uncomfortable, knowing that people were coming up behind him, but if he seemed relaxed about such things perhaps the apprentices would feel more relaxed in turn. Former, former apprentices.

There they were, seeming as non-threatening as ever. Hálcon tossed aside the piece of twig and thrust his hands into the pockets of his dull grey hoody. Despite how friendly and helpful the two men had been so far he was still a little wary of them, he didn't understand their motives. He knew what they said their motives were, but he didn't understand them...

He could smell garlic, herbs, tomato, he could almost smell home! It was like somebody had captured a tiny waft of a tapas bar or street food stall and released it here in this strange chilly land.

By prior agreement he and Salome split as they drew near the blanket so that one approached from each side. "Hey," he greeted simply with a slight nod of acknowledgement. He wanted to sit down and start eating right away but Salome wanted to play it casual and he wasn't quite hungry enough to ignore her wishes.

She didn't trust these men at all; no matter what they said she knew that everyone wanted something, she wished they'd just come out and say it so she could decide if she wanted to go along with it or not. For now though the free food and the money they offered was useful and if they turned on them she was confident that she and Hálcon could escape together.

Resisting the urge to play with a loose thread on her dark blue hoody Salome split off from her partner and came to a stiff halt at one side of the blanket, eyeing the two adults rather suspiciously. The food smelled amazing but she didn't want to seem too keen, if they thought she didn't need this meal then that was all to the good; if they knew how important it was they had leverage and she didn't want to give them that.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:12 pm
And there they were; he hadn't expected them to approach the blanket with one on either side, but if that made them more comfortable then that was just fine. "Hey guys," he said amiably as he shifted a little more on the blanket to get comfortable, as well as to move a bit closer to the food and his boyfriend, then gestured opposite them with one hand. "Go on, have a seat. I hope you're hungry," of course they were, "there's plenty to eat." As he spoke he reached forward to grab two plates and offered one to Zevran so he could start serving himself. Even though he felt it was probably incredibly obvious that the food was safe, he still couldn't help but think that if he or Zev started eating first, then the kids would know it wasn't poisoned.

Idly he wondered if they'd speak to them much today - would they learn their names at least? - but as curious as he was, and as much as he wanted the kids to accept their help, he and Zev had to be patient. If their roles were reversed, he would be just as wary, certainly. As he reached out to begin dishing out small portions of food from the various containers they'd brought, he half-turned to aim a bright smile at his boyfriend. "This all looks and smells amazing, by the way." Had Zev made all of these before with him? He didn't think so, or at least he didn't remember quite all of them, but he definitely hadn't made this much at once before. It was almost like a little banquet. Actually, he realized a moment later, that was probably exactly what it was.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:58 pm
"¡Si, únete; join us!" Zevran accepted the plate Abel offered him with a warm smile and took some of the shrimp first, the smell was irresistible and with their tails still on they looked enticing in the glossy garlicy olive oil. "Gambas al ajillo and we have parsley here - perejil - to add." So saying he took the lid off a little pot of the chopped herbs and put it where everyone could reach. "It would wilt if I put it on back home. Here are croquettes; ham, cheese, and potato," he took a couple, "and of course patatas bravas. ¡Buen provecho!" Zevran gave Abel a nudge and a smile, they'd been going over some phrases lately and with food being so important to them 'bon appetit' was one that had come up early and been repeated often.

Well he wasn't going to stand around all day while food was going cold! Hálcon sat down, took a plate and then a generous portion of the gambas and - once Zevran had taken some too - a slice of bread. "It does smell good," he admitted with a glance to Zevran and then back at Abel. "Buen provecho." He was going to wait for one of them to take the first bite of everything he had.

Salome sat too, shoulder to shoulder with Hálcon, and silently took some of each of the hot foods. Like her partner she waited to see what the two men did, but unlike him she didn't given even a lukewarm wish that they enjoyed their meal. She didn't wish they choked on it, because they were useful, but it could taste like s**t to them for all she cared.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:52 am
Abel returned the nudge with a smile. "Yes, buen provecho," he repeated without trouble; the phrase was no longer unfamiliar by now, along with a handful of other words and phrases. While he wasn't too sure how well he spoke the language, it was still enjoyable to learn... especially because Zevran was an excellent teacher. That, and he was happy to learn his boyfriend's native language.

With that said he eagerly began to dig into his lunch. Rather than focus on eating one or two things before the rest, he picked at and ate little bits of everything from his plate; it hadn't escaped his notice how the two teenagers only touched food that he or Zev had taken some of first, and he had a sneaking suspicion they'd do much the same with actually eating. He had no desire to see them not eat because they were wary, they no doubt needed as much food as they could get. ...how much food did they get before he and Zev found them and started giving them food or money? Did they have enough food even with what they gave them? Abel turned to his boyfriend and said none of these things, instead opting to smile at him and go for something more pleasant. "This all tastes amazing -- not that I ever had any doubt it would. Your cooking's always amazing." Compliments always went well.

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff