Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Adam and Eve DID perform the first sin! (Warning: LOGIC) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:08 am
Hah! I've proven us all wrong! Adam and Eve DID preform the first sin!

Trace your way back: The first mated couple born from near-human apes. If we were to lable these two as Adam and Eve, we may go to the next stage.

We shall look at the standard Christian teachings. Oh my, that's a lot of sins, isn't it!? Well, by logic, we must assume that at least ONE of the two had at least ONCE in their lives performed some sort of sin.

Q.E.D.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:33 am
Supposedly Eve performed the first sin by eating the apple. Then she enticed her husband to eat the apple too. Thus they both sinned and were thrown out of the Garden of Eden.

What I don't understand, is how could our population have ever existed if there were only 1 man and 1 women to start with. When they had children...the children would have had to have sex with each other to create more children.

So...is that the religious's explanation for our existance? We are all the product of Children having sex with thier siblings to help make more humans? Something isn't right there.

In the story Eve sinned first. That is why for many ages, women were treated inferior to man.

Sanguvixen

~Fashionably~Challanged~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:32 pm
Sanguvixen
Supposedly Eve performed the first sin by eating the apple. Then she enticed her husband to eat the apple too. Thus they both sinned and were thrown out of the Garden of Eden.

What I don't understand, is how could our population have ever existed if there were only 1 man and 1 women to start with. When they had children...the children would have had to have sex with each other to create more children.

So...is that the religious's explanation for our existance? We are all the product of Children having sex with thier siblings to help make more humans? Something isn't right there.

In the story Eve sinned first. That is why for many ages, women were treated inferior to man.
We should have been cherished for being the first to see the light. 3nodding But ya, there would be alot of interbreeding, we'd all have horrid deseases.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:49 pm
Sanguvixen

No it isn't. Several societies that did not have that story have been patriarchal as well biggrin  

Napoleon_Danneskjold

~Fashionably~Challanged~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:54 pm
darkmusashi
Sanguvixen

No it isn't. Several societies that did not have that story have been patriarchal as well biggrin
Well, most that follow one god agree with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:04 pm
katthevamp1
darkmusashi
Sanguvixen

But not necessarily due to "Original Sin".  

iviary

~Fashionably~Challanged~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:10 pm
iviary
katthevamp1
darkmusashi
Sanguvixen

True. What I don't get is why thier children should be punished for thier parents sins.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:45 pm
iviary
katthevamp1
darkmusashi
Sanguvixen

Oops. I forgot to add the other part to that. As far as the Bible is concerned "God" made man first. Then made women second. Maybe I should have put that tid-bit in there.

I can only speak for the bible based religions on why they treated women as they did.

Interestingly enough in Native American Society women had equal status with men because they had responsiblities and stuff.

I remember being in sunday school once when I was little. I asked a nun why the preacher was nicer to guys than girls. She told me it is because women sinned first and thus are below men. Talk about idiocy... talk2hand

Sanguvixen

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:50 pm
What is your definition of sin? People use it as a bible term alot, and others use it as not.

Also, everyone has their own conceptions of what is right and what is wrong. So, did they do something wrong according to THEIR standards, or are we looking at it as they did something wrong through the standards of others?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:57 pm
Yami_Ichi
What is your definition of sin? People use it as a bible term alot, and others use it as not.

Also, everyone has their own conceptions of what is right and what is wrong. So, did they do something wrong according to THEIR standards, or are we looking at it as they did something wrong through the standards of others?

I don't know a definate defination. I guess a Sin would constitute breaking one of the laws in the Ten Commandments if you look at it at a theistic stand-point.

To call a wrong a "Sin" is purely a religious thing. In the real world there is no such thing as sin. Just right and wrong as we percieve it, and the laws that the gov't sets down for others to obey.

Sanguvixen

HaileSelassie601993

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:39 pm
Hey, don't forget about Lilith, the third human who was created under mysterious circumstances.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:06 pm
Sanguvixen
iviary
katthevamp1
darkmusashi
Sanguvixen

Oops. I forgot to add the other part to that. As far as the Bible is concerned "God" made man first. Then made women second. Maybe I should have put that tid-bit in there.

I can only speak for the bible based religions on why they treated women as they did.

Interestingly enough in Native American Society women had equal status with men because they had responsiblities and stuff.

I remember being in sunday school once when I was little. I asked a nun why the preacher was nicer to guys than girls. She told me it is because women sinned first and thus are below men. Talk about idiocy... talk2hand
I don't see how that works at all. Sure, women may have sinned first, but who cares? Both Adam and Eve sinned. It was just Eve who sinned before Adam. rolleyes  

Orson Welles

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:28 am
Blasphemize
Sanguvixen
iviary
katthevamp1
darkmusashi
Sanguvixen

I don't see how that works at all. Sure, women may have sinned first, but who cares? Both Adam and Eve sinned. It was just Eve who sinned before Adam. rolleyes

I don't understand the logic either. Anyway...the Garden of Eden seemed like a boring place in my opinion. Who wants to live in a place like that? Not me!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:43 pm
I think it was because Eve tempted Adam to sin after she did...right? Maybe I have my theology wrong, but I think it's because she led Adam to sin, and, therefore, since all women descend from her, all women are vile, overly curious temptresses. (Not what I say! Just the bible...)  

DivideByZero14

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:49 pm
DivideByZero14
I think it was because Eve tempted Adam to sin after she did...right? Maybe I have my theology wrong, but I think it's because she led Adam to sin, and, therefore, since all women descend from her, all women are vile, overly curious temptresses. (Not what I say! Just the bible...)

Yep...that is what the Bible says. ******** the bible though...men are no better.

I've lived with several different brothers in my mother's home...and each one of them are lazy, spineless, gutless worms. Funny how as the only female my mom gave birth to...and the only other female living in the house at any given time "I'm the one who takes care of everything." The men are lazy and don't like to work.

I'm not saying all men are like that....but you have bad eggs on all sides. Who is a book full of holes to say that I'm a vile temptress?

It goes back to the age old stereotype that began when Men decided women shouldn't have jobs and should stay at home.....Men are not better than Women, and Women are not better than Men. We are equal in almost every sense except for the small detail that men are usually physically stronger. That doesn't mean much though.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff