Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2019)
[E] Starrii Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100 Day Event

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:54 pm

User Image

User Image User Image
Event Deadline: (UTC-5) 11:59 pm EST

Your Timezone Deadline:
(UTC-5) SAME day 11:59 PM

📌 Be sure to post in the main thread too! ❤
Please do not quote anyone into this place!
Click the banner to go back to the main thread~

User Image

User Image

Please review these Event Artist rules before posting.
Here's some highlights:
One post per day
Label your days
Spoil all bugs-related subjects

Use this format when posting~
Comment is optional

[b]Day # [/b]
[u]Theme[/u]:

[img][/img]

[u]Comments[/u]:

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:24 am
Day #1
Theme: toys

User Image

Comments:

me: bakugou and deku can have a healthy, loving relationship n i will sink with this ship!!

also me: draws bakugou manhandling a deku toy with a sick grin on his face  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:52 pm
Day #2
Theme: hellhound, contrast, mismatched

User Image

Comments: i've been stewing on a inuyasha AU bkdk thing for a while so the hellhound theme really, ah, inspired me.

anyways im terrible at animals but I tried, looked at a lot of sesshoumaru & spirited away art for this crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:44 am
Day #3
Theme: monochrome pink

User Image

"—What! Kacchan! I'm serious, she's from a super elite school, you just—"

"How many times do—"

"—have to go—"

"—I have to ******** say—"

"—and see her once Kacchan!"

"—no!"

They stared at each other at an impasse, Katsuki's face brimming with annoyance and Izuku's eyes surprisingly... bright...

s**t.

"Look," Katsuki's reasoned through gritted teeth, "Aizawa's been on my a** every single goddamn day cause the tournament's on Saturday. I don't have time to meet some b***h, especially not from another school, OK?"

Izuku faltered—Katsuki knew he had a soft spot for anything he deemed to be a part of "Kacchan's amazing origin story!".

"Well... It's just... They won't stop bothering me about it, you know. You never look at your letters or texts from people you don't know..."

"Haah? Why should I? Everyone's a ******** small fry around here."

Izuku frowned. "But that's what I'm saying! She's not around here! She's from an elite school Kacchan! They have a 13% acceptance rate to Yuuei, and she's aced every mock exam so far—they post the results online and I checked and she's going to Yuuei for sure and all the guys say she's super pretty and she's said no to like, every group date so far but she came to me specifically cause she wanted to confess to you, Kacchan. And she's super nice, I swear!"

"... Why do you care so much about this, Deku?" Katsuki snarled, cutting off the mumbling tangent the green haired boy was on. Izuku cocked his head in a manner that reminded him of a dazed, startled puppy, and Katsuki could feel some of the anger ebb away. It was hard to be furious at something that looked like it had been kicked—and rather than being mad about it it was busy wondering why it had deserved it.

"Becausedoesn'tKacchanwantagirlfriend?"

"What?"

The shorter boy gnawed at his lip, eyeing sideways with that cowardly, simpering expression that belied the core of steel underneath that Katsuki knew existed. A stray pink blossom fell on his hair and laid there, perched on soft green curls. Katsuki's hand twitched, and he made sure to look away carefully, tucking it into the loose pocket of his uniform pants.

"But isn't it important that Kacchan get a girlfriend?"

Katsuki's face snapped back to stare at Izuku's, but the other boy's gaze was still determinedly looking away, red cheeked and pigeon toed.

"What?" Katsuki said, baffled. "Where the hell did you get that idea?"

"For Kacchan's origin story!" Izuku huffed, annoyed. "Wouldn't it be nice...? To have it on your online profile...? You know—everyone praises idols when they have a childhood sweetheart from middle school... And it's always good to start that kind of thing now, all the other guys talk about it... And Kacchan's amazing, he definitely won't have any problems when it comes to something like this!"

Something in Katsuki's forehead throbbed, and he waited for the familiar ache of fury to appear as he looked down at Izuku's earnest, sweet face.

It didn't come. Instead Katsuki felt... relieved.

"You're an idiot," he finally said in an apathetic drawl, turning to continue walking from where they had stopped on the sidewalk when they started their argument. Izuku cried out as he followed.

"Kacchan!"

Katsuki swung around with a glare. "You! Don't give yourself the authority to make any plans for my life! I don't need some nerd to give me pointers on how to not be a loser!" Before Izuku could say anything back, the blond boy was already resolutely marching down the street.

Neither noticed the small, hesitant smile on the other's face.

Comments: have some shitty BKDK fanfiction for anyone willing to read it rofl

quirkless!AU where Bakugou is one of those bad mannered multi-talented main characters from a shojou manga (because that's what monochrome pink makes me think of—sue me) and Izuku is his #1 fanboy

(but really they love each other)  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:21 pm
Day #4
Theme: black like my soul

User Image

Comments: thought briefly of keeping my personal daily theme, but this commission art fit the theme so... haha  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:26 am
Day #5
Theme: steampunk

User Image
User Image

Comments: none. stop. drawing.

i'm really tired

also this image is rly big lol

missed doing my 90s anime aesthetic but only chose to colour that way wayyy after i started on lineart, so the style doesn't fit exactly but i am way too tired to change it so it is what it is  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 am
Day #6
Theme: meadow

User Image

Comments: trying hardcore to get out of my comfort zone because that's the point of this challenge right?? I really hope in the coming year my backgrounds get better burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:44 am
Day #7
Theme: drip

User Image

"You're so cold, like ice cream"

"But ice cream... is sweet."

Comments: had such an issue with the prompts today, nothing seemed to fit and nothing came out right. half way designed a BNHA character, halfway did a doodle... apparently if I feel nothing coming through I'll just fall back on old tried and true classic starrii—draw a chibi of Nakamouri Aoko, of course!

My eyes are so tired I literally squinted through 60% of this art, so it might be totally s**t when I see it later. Will be a fun surprise.  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:52 pm
Day #8
Theme: graffiti

User Image

Comments: jinx has SO MANY DETAILS HOLY s**t. cutting it REAL close here stari crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:41 pm
Day #9
Theme: kyoto

User Image

Comments: today was a really bad day. the art subject kind of made it worse, but by the time i realized I was already halfway done.

Anyways, Kyoto will always remind me of one of my favourite Conan movies—Crossroad in the Ancient Capital. This is Kazuha's "Kyoto outfit", which apparently made her look so different that her childhood friend didn't even recognize ( rolleyes ) her.

Whatever, I love her. All Conan girls are my waifus emo  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:19 pm
Day #10
Theme: nudibranch

User Image

Comments: just not having a lot of fun for the past couple of days. in the moment a lot of the subjects i've chosen are nice but clean cg art is really... toiling to do. over time it just feels like the fun i have is sucked out because of the monotony of sketching posing lineart cleanup base colour shading highlight cleanup photoshop rinse and repeat ad nauseam.

I think I've been pushing myself to do too many multi-hour pieces. After I made my art thread it almost seemed like I had to put up really nice work... even though that's not the point of documenting my art at all.

so today I did a few simple sketches to hopefully loosen up and then for the theme piece I forwent my original idea (more BKDK art based on "view" ) which would've taken a lot of sketching out the scene and whatnot, and just drew a monster girl based on "nudibranch" instead. I'm not happy with it because of how experimental and messy and without direction everything is, but hopefully it's let me relax a bit.

ahhhh and before I knew it I've posted a mini rant. sorry v__v;;  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:38 pm

Posting error; Main thread post; Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:08 pm

User Image

Day #11
Theme: bloom

User Image

Comments: art trade, thought her character fit pretty well so I drew it with the theme in mind.  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:06 pm
Day #12
Theme: spirit challenge pt. 1

User Image

Comments: she's basically a fratboy. she likes to drink and wear tasteless clothes. kesha is her spirit animal. its possible shes actually a vulnerable and sad individual but you would never know.

here's her full size for ease of use idk  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:52 pm
Day #13
Theme: quest

User Image
Comments: more inuyasha AU—quest for the shikon jewel

so pissed about the fact that I don't save enough. i can't believe I lost my process on the third outfit arghhh so angry.  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:37 pm
Day #14
Theme: moon

Logically, Izuku knew he shouldn’t have been playing the new Heroes fighting game well past midnight on the first day back from summer break, but he had finally unlocked All Might and school just didn’t seem… All that important, in that moment. He was paying for it now, dashing through the neighbourhood of blandly wealthy detached homes that surrounded UA when he heard the unmistakable sound of incoherent preteen boy screaming. Curiosity peaked and never one to dismiss a potential opportunity to miss boring coursework, Izuku veered sharply off into the parking lot.

“Shoo!” He said when he saw what they were doing. The boys threw down their sticks and ran off, throwing unmentionable signs back towards Izuku.

“Honestly, kids these days,” Izuku shook his head in what he knew to be a sagely manner. “Just shameful.”

The abused cat looked up at hime with a pathetic, high pitched meow.

After peeling that awful bandaid off of the surprisingly clean street cat, her soft brown eyes blinking blearily up at him, he thought that would be the last of it. Which was why it was such a shock when she was waiting for him after school, daintily licking a paw as she sat on his open windowsill.

“But how?” He gaped at the nonchalant figure, dropping his schoolbag unceremoniously onto the ground with a thunk. “I live on the fourteenth floor!”

And that especially didn’t explain why the cat could speak. And conjure up magical brooches made of solid gold studded with priceless gems with a single back flip. And it definitely didn’t explain why she was was trying to convince him that he was supposed to be a cross-dressing female warrior fighting in the name of the moon in a blue miniskirt, which was a part of a frankly insulting mockery of the cross between a bathing suit and a schoolgirl uniform, except somehow infinitely more perverted. He felt like a gravure model, posing in front of his mirror, except like, a magical gravure model.

“It’ll be great,” Ochako promised, but what did she know, she was creature made against nature. A cat that named itself, what the hell. “You’re meant for this, I can feel it.”

Izuku frowned dubiously into his reflection, tugging at the edge of a strangely stiff miniskirt.

“… I just really wished I was a hero instead.”

Comments: yeah yeah more self indulgent bullshit  
100 Days Event (2019)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas