[PRP] Well-tended [Exalted/Twice Shy] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She did everything soft and slow, not just a product of her lack of eyesight but because she liked to make things count. Every move was important, it held meaning in the great web of the Swamp. Even the slightest step could send ripples in one direction or another.

It was also respect that kept her movements to a minimum, nothing that would disturb the dead. Although Exalted could not see the graves, she knew all of their locations. The ground was kept clean and uncluttered, and the scent of flowers helped lead her from one to the other.

She tended to them; a precious one. Not all the mothers and children who came to the tribe survived but they would always be remembered.

Maxx D
just coming up with her character on the fly. let's go!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Twice Shy had passed by the Mother's Club's tended, quiet patch and occasional mounds, decorated by scores of wildflower scattered here and there, wondering what its significance was. This time, with a hunted mongoose in his mouth as he journeyed past, there was a lone zikwa in the field, away from the hubbub of babes and the kin tending to them.

The vision was serene and soothing - after a while of observation, he realised that he was standing there like a creeper with the limp corpse of a mongoose in his mouth, watching a kin work at...he wasn't sure what.

They didn't seem to have noticed him, but now that he was standing here, it seemed impolite to run away after a lengthy stare.

With a self-assuring nod, he approached, mongoose yet still in his mouth, and said "hewwo" past it.

Ruriska
uwu

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:24 am
Hewwo.

Exalted stopped mid stride, ears forward and head turned to home in on the voice. The heat of him was obvious now that she was paying attention, an approaching Kimeti figure. A lock of hair slid slowly along her cheek, disturbed by her first movement. And then it was still.

As still as the rest of her, quiet as the graves, frozen in time.

Until finally -

“Are you looking for someone?” Her expression barely changed, all her emotion in her voice instead - soft and compassionate. “I can show you to them.”

Maxx D

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:15 am
" - uwu," he let out past his clamped jaws, and then dismally decided that if he was going to talk to her, he would have to drop the mongoose. Delicately, he placed it down at his hoof and said, "sorry, who exactly is here?"

If he was any less distracted, he might have realised that in this empty field, bereft of anyone but the two of them and of any context, her question sounded almost ominous. There was indeed, no 'someone' else besides them.

Yet, she was very pretty, and her voice so genteel in tone, that he barely had a spare thought to be concerned.

Ruriska
heWWO

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:50 pm
She waited for him to find the words he wanted but once he had spoken them her interest in him waned. He was not here for them.

“The dead,” she told him, bluntly. “They rest here.”

Exalted exhaled a sigh, slowly turning away, her voice floating to him soft and dreamy as she focused back on her task. “If you are searching for the living, you should continue on your way.”

Maxx D
haha uwu <333

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:14 pm
"Oh, I'm not seeking anyone in particular," he added solemnly, feeling bad that he had disappointed her somewhat, but unable to say much but the truth of his thoughts anyway. "It's kind of you to remember them, even as they've returned to the Swamp. Lets their memories live a little longer."
Ruriska
There's the end of my silliness now lmao

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:39 am
Exalted lingered on the spot, not yet re-engaging with her task. Not while he still spoke and she was listening.

“The MotherFather remembers all who have walked the Swamp,” she told him. “But it is also up to us to carry those memories.” She paused, debating the merit of further conversation. “Their spirits have moved on but their time here should still be respected.”

Maxx D
that's a shame XD

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:39 pm
Twice Shy felt his mind had expanded to the galaxy's width upon hearing her reverant, wise words. "I think I would like to seek someone now, maybe someone who hasn't had any visitors in a while. Would you be able to find them for me?" He bent down solemnly, and picked his mongoose up delicately, ready to follow.
Ruriska
jesus christ I didn't realise you replied, and I also lied because I just galaxy brained him so there's a bit of silliness yet

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:44 am
She considered for a while.

It was an unexpected request but she eventually approved it with a nod.

“This way.”

Their progress through the graveyard was slow because Exalted would not be hurried, not by anything. Especially not here. “There is the first one we lost, long before my time,” she explained as they walked past a heavily trafficked grave, a morbid tour, “but my mother visits them often, to remember.”

It was those in the middle that got lost by the wayside.

The small mound she eventually stopped at was tidy but covered in grass, an unremarkable bump in the landscape. Even so, a flower had been laid fresh thanks to Exalted’s diligence.

She stepped aside for her visitor to move forward.

“He never left his sac. His mother had no time to mourn, not with living offspring to care for. Her sorrow was brief."

Maxx D
no pls continue lmao XD exalted doesn't let me have much fun

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:01 am
He paused, dutifully silent through her explanations, examining the wee mound that made about as much of an impression on the wide field as it did in life.

Mongoose in mouth, so many philosophical questions came whistling by his mind, as did solemn statements that sounded pithy as soon as he contemplated them. Yet, he felt it wrong to simply stand here on his unprecedented visit.

"Hewwo," he said tenderly again, "liddle one."

"We all bewong to the Swamp after all."

He felt acutely bad looking at the little mound, even if it had long been eaten by the minute creatures of the Motherfather.

"Shood I - how shood I pway fo' him?"
Ruriska
(*pray, btw)
Hewwo resurgence

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:29 am
The silence that followed his question was different from the last.

It lingered uncomfortably.

Until -

“Put that down.”

Maxx D
she's ruining the fun XD

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:09 pm
In infinite earnestness, Twice Shy understood this to be part of an Accepted Praying Ritual. A little hurried, he neatly deposited the mongoose corpse a way off from the manicured mound.

"I'm ready," he said keenly, his mouth clear and tongue articulate, "what should I do?"
Ruriska
dat's ok I'm starting to think he might be a bit (a lot) of a dumbass

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:49 pm
Now that the appropriate amount of respect was being shown, as opposed to attempting to talk around a dead animal, Exalted was pleased to direct him in his prayers.

He was endearingly earnest and it was rare for anyone to show such interest in the long gone. She liked that.

“You may pray,” she instructed solemnly, “in gratitude for what their passing has given to the Swamp and the hope for rebirth. And anything else you may wish to add, I suppose."

She spoke to them sometimes when nobody was around, though it was usually just quiet chatter about her life and the tribe, something of the living to keep her connected.

Maxx D
i love him xD

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:14 pm
Having guidelines was good, as was her gentle sternness that Twice Shy found reassuring as he sorted the feelings from his chest, eyes tracing the little mound.

"With all the Motherfather gives, the Motherfather also takes - such is the balance of life."

He's pretty sure he stole that from the fancy coughing bean establishment, "thank you for your sacrifice, little one. May you one day receive the joys that the Swamp has given us in your place."

"Is that good enough?"

He cocked his head towards her with some anxiety in his voice. He wasn't particularly confident in his speech (his dad was completely unimpressed at his turn on stage), but this seemed a lot more important than beat poetry.

Ruriska
Guess he's the dumbass now his father must be so disappointed

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:03 pm
“That was very good,” Exalted praised.

It was the intent rather than the delivery that mattered and the blind Zikwa was pleased by his efforts.

“I am sure your voice has reached beyond.”

Maxx D
haha at least his dumbass son means well

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out