Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply โ—„ ๆ™‚โ•‘๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฃ๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ โ†ฌ แด€สŸแด›แด‡ส€ษดแด€แด›แด‡ แด›ษชแดแด‡สŸษชษดแด‡ แด„แด€ษดแดษด ส€แด˜
A Song of Fire and Ice [ 4 1/2 yrs into timeskip ] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:59 am
Clack, clack, clack, clack! Sonyo's shoes smacked across the concrete as she ran, her eyes wide and surrounded by black markings signalling her use of the Ichibi's chakra. On her back was a younger female who was particularly small for her age, and who was bleeding quite profusely from a chest wound. The girl's blood drenched Sonyo's back and legs, staining her outfit which she had just gotten clean a darker red than normal. An explosion rang out behind her and Sonyo flinched a little before ducking behind a mostly destroyed wall. She sat down the small girl softly, looking over her with worried eyes. The girl looked so similar to Aurelia that, if she hadn't been absolutely sure the girl was safely at home with Belamos, she would have confused the two. The jinchuriki bit her lip, shuffling through her pack and quickly pulling out gauze. She shoved the gauze against the wound in the girl's chest, only for her to let out a weak whimper from the pain it caused.

Sonyo cussed loudly, tears filling her eyes. There was too much blood... too much... She had just been passing by, dammit! She hadn't meant to get involved! She hadn't meant to come across a sudden war zone! Belamos was expecting her back any time now... She almost wished he was here. He would know what to do, he wouldn't be running away from these monsters like a coward. The woman had come across a small village being attacked by roaming, rogue, shinobi. A peaceful village that had never done harm to anyone, that minded it's own business and just wanted to live a quiet life. Sonyo punched the wall behind the girl in frustration. She had found her, already in a pool of her own blood; but she had been the only one still alive. The kunoichi's hands became enveloped in chakra and the chakra bled in to the gauze. She tried to quickly heal the injury, but she knew that despite her best efforts the girl had lost far too much blood to survive.

The teen gripped at Sonyo, her eyes terrified. She didn't want to die, she wanted to live and do all the things teens were supposed to do. Sonyo's tears overflowed, and she stuttered for a few moments before sitting against the wall beside the girl and pulling her close in to her lap. She pressed the girl's face against her chest and held her tight, whispering in her ear that she'd be okay. Blood soaked the front of her kosode, and another explosion rang out behind her. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart. It'll all be over soon..." Sonyo stared up at the night sky, which had been stained an ombre color due to the fires raging around her. Her vision was horribly blurred from the tears that spilled down her cheeks, hitting patches of dried blood on her face and turning pink before falling. It wasn't fair! This girl had so much left to do! The girl in her arms began to weakly cry as well, and all Sonyo could do was stroke her hair softly, her chakra channeling in to the girl to take away her pain. She prayed for it to work, prayed that she could at least make the child's last few moments in life enjoyable.

The teenager relaxed in her arms, and within the time span of a few breaths she was gone. She went slack as her last breath left her, her eyes softly closing as if going to sleep. But Sonyo knew better, she knew this was more than just sleep. Sonyo gritted her teeth tightly, sobs escaping from between them. If only she had been stronger dammit! Sonyo looked down at the body she now held, tears dripping on to the girl's lifeless face. The likeness to Aurelia broke her heart even more now that the life had gone from the teenager's small frame... what would she ever do if she was faced with this reality with her? To loose another child she cared so much for? She couldn't let that happen... Sonyo took a deep, shuttering, breath and tried to compose herself. She knew only from the few weak attacks that the kid had let off that she was a shakuton user. Sonyo fiddled in her bag near her, pulled out a collection kit, and collected some of her blood. Once she was done, she gathered everything and ran off to bury this girl who would never get to live her life. She would never fall in love, never get married, never make mistakes, never live.

Sonyo sat, staring at the mound where the girl's body now lay for some time. Her eyes were filled with a certain kind of emotional exhaustion, a soul-deep tired. No matter how much she tried to escape it, death and destruction was always constant in her life. Sonyo wiped her face across her sleeve, smearing some more blood on her face. She ruffled through her pack again with bloodied hands, picking out a seal on a small piece of paper. She stared at it for some time, thinking about whether or not she was really going to go through with the plan in her head. Would Kagerou even comply? She sniffled, then channeled her chakra through the seal and reverse summoned herself to her friend's side.

When she appeared, she noticed nothing about her surroundings; she was too heartbroken. To Kagerou, she would be quite a worrying sight. The woman would be absolutely drenched in blood, from the bottom of her hakama to the sleeves of her kosode, she was covered in it. Her face was paler than normal, her eyes red and puffy from the crying she had just done. Her face was that of pain and misery, dried blood smeared across one cheek. "Kagerou... K-Kagerou I... I couldn't... I keep... I keep..." She couldn't complete her thought, she couldn't say it out loud. She couldn't tell her best friend that she had lost the life of a small girl who should have lived. Sonyo fell to her knees, looking up at her friend, the vial of the girl's blood clenched in her hand like a lifeline. She couldn't form the sentences she wanted to use to tell Kagerou what she needed her to do, she could only hope that the woman could understand her. Her lips trembled as they opened and closed, trying to wrap around words that wouldn't come out."Help me... please..." Her voice broke, like fragile glass. Her eyes were desperate, pleading.

HeadlessKoko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:59 pm
___ : Bonds : Sonyo pleads Kagerou for an implant.

Title: Bonds
Information: Call it friendship, call it camaraderie, call it a legal obligation. The nurturing of relationships is one of the most fruitful types of narrative. Helping a friend out in a kitchen, helping keep their business alive, being there for them after a bad break up, building new friendships...building new rivals...building new nemesis's. Confronting those nemesis's and exchanging conflicting beliefs in fierce wholehearted heated debate and getting to know the other through their opposition on a new level.
Every post made strengthening an existing relationship with an rpc, rewards Ac equal to one's body rank plus [1], maximum . Those interacted with may also be considered to be running this narrative with you albeit their posts are separate from your own. The narrative is considered completed once the parties part ways for another day.

In order to recieve an implant, the RPC must either perform a [ Transplantation Technique ] on themselves or have it performed on them by a medical ninja with the technique, at the cost of 10,000 Ryo to the patient for utilizing extensive hospital resources. The med-nin must spend 5 posts performing the surgery, and they are given an A-rank mission reward, as well as 1,000 bonus AC and Ryo for completing the task.

User ImageReclined lazily atop a tree branch, back leaning against the trunk and one leg dangling down, free in the air below, Kagerou recited poetry in the otherwise quiet forest.

"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what Iโ€™ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice."

With a smile, she considered what she had just read.

With that same smile, she judged, "This is a terrible ship poem for Sonyo and Belamos. A shame considering the title." Inwardly, however, she added, "I feel like Sonyo could connect to this poem, though..." Kagerou's mouth stretched into a light grimace. It wasn't a good sort of connection. Lately, it seemed that every visit to Sonyo had proven itself two steps forwards in one thing but three steps backwards in another. Of course, such an abstract progression was difficult to really judge. Nonetheless, she couldn't shake off the feeling that somehow, even with Belamos and Aurelia with her, the best things that have happened to Sonyo as far as Kagerou could see, Sonyo was still occasionally falling apart inside.

Mmm... She couldn't discount the possibility that she was merely being a worrywart.

Kagerou picked up the anthology again and, stroking her chin, she wondered instead, "Maybe I should pick Hyouton as an implant?". It was a wholly idle thought. She had already decided long ago she would have a Mokuton implant. The limits of her body's elemental constitution simply didn't permit her to have both implants while being an Uchiha.

Into this peaceful scene, Sonyo appeared without warning. She came in like a wrecking ball, dropping in from who knows where, bloody and crying, onto the branch Kagerou sat upon. The force of her fall and their combined weight bent the tree branch. It wasn't enough to break the sturdy branch, but it did send Kagerou and Sonyo toppling off the tree, Sonyo clinging onto Kagerou in desperation and Kagerou clinging onto Sonyo to make sure that she covered her friend from the fall.

Kagerou took the fall, holding Sonyo on top of her and hitting the ground with her back, like a champ. Not even a grunt. She even had a smile, albeit a pained one, when she hit the ground.

Sonyo didn't see anything but Kagerou because she was too heartbroken. Kagerou would have focused on Sonyo, anyways, but she also physically couldn't see anything but Sonyo on top of her. Book held in front of her face, Kagerou peeked over it to observe Sonyo's state. To an outsider, it looked like a naive expression, an innocent hiding behind a book in shock of the sudden turn of circumstance. Those who knew Kagerou, however, would recognize that look in her eyes. She gazed with unbroken concentration to take in every physical detail upon her target, Sonyo, and the other arm that didn't hold the book grasped Sonyo's wrist to feel her pulse.

Sonyo was covered in blood. Kagerou, too. Neither of the two who had dedicated their lives to the cause they both believed in minded the blood at all. Kagerou remained calmly staring and listening until Sonyo got out everything she wanted to say. The only movement made was when the hand on Sonyo's wrist moved up to pat her head comfortingly.

Sonyo's lips could not wrap around the words she wanted, but that was okay. To make up for it, Kagerou easily wrapped her arms around Sonyo as soon as the woman was done. Her gentle smile was briefly revealed her arms spread open to hug Sonyo. "Okay," her answer was immediate, certain, and casual. It was the natural answer of not just trust, but also one that simply exuded that whatever Sonyo asked couldn't possibly be considered trouble for Kagerou. If Sonyo, in this state, had come to her instead of Belamos... then Kagerou could only imagine two cases: 1) she hoped that it was because Sonyo needed medical assistance because 2) the only other reason was that something had happened to Belamos.

Her body was fine... Exhausted, but fine. What a relief. Most of this blood, then, hadn't been hers. How many people must she have seen die? The blood around her front was thicker, wetter, fresher. She had just come back from cradling a torn body. The first sentence, Sonyo didn't need to finish.

"Kagerou... I couldn't save everyone... I keep failing..."

If Kagerou had learned anything about Sonyo when she chose Belamos, however, it was that she no longer wanted to be babied and sheltered. Of course, that wouldn't stop Kagerou from showering her with comfort, but it would be wise of her to wait to hear the whole story from Sonyo before blindly giving out her assurances. [45 sentences]

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:52 am
HeadlessKoko

Usually, Sonyo would rather keep her distance, but when Kagerou opened her arms she couldn't help but throw herself in to them. The vial fell from her hands and hit the grass around them as she clung to her friend's clothes. The woman buried her face in Kagerou's shoulder, her whole body trembling. She didn't make any noise other than the sound of deep, shuttering breaths as she tried to gain her composure. She had to calm down, she had to tell Kagerou what she needed. But no matter what she tried to say, only one sentence finally stumbled out. "She looked like Aurelia... S-She... She looked like A-Aurelia..." After a few moments of almost pure hysteria, Sonyo finally began to calm down with a sort of choking noise.

Letting go of her friend, Sonyo shakily searched through the grass before holding up the vial of blood once she found it. The jinchuriki looked at the other woman, then back at the vial. "This is her, the kid's blood... I couldn't even ask her her name..." She looked at the vial for a moment, it's glass surface was also caked in blood. "I need to become stronger, Kagerou..." She looked up, then handed her friend the vial with fingers dancing from the recent trauma. "There were so many of them, but I couldn't do anything. There was too much fire..."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Information: Call it friendship, call it camaraderie, call it a legal obligation. The nurturing of relationships is one of the most fruitful types of narrative. Helping a friend out in a kitchen, helping keep their business alive, being there for them after a bad break up, building new friendships...building new rivals...building new nemesis's. Confronting those nemesis's and exchanging conflicting beliefs in fierce wholehearted heated debate and getting to know the other through their opposition on a new level.
Every post made strengthening an existing relationship with an rpc, rewards Ac equal to one's body rank plus [1], maximum . Those interacted with may also be considered to be running this narrative with you albeit their posts are separate from your own. The narrative is considered completed once the parties part ways for another day.

In order to recieve an implant, the RPC must either perform a [ Transplantation Technique ] on themselves or have it performed on them by a medical ninja with the technique, at the cost of 10,000 Ryo to the patient for utilizing extensive hospital resources. The med-nin must spend 5 posts performing the surgery, and they are given an A-rank mission reward, as well as 1,000 bonus AC and Ryo for completing the task.

User ImageHowever long it took, Kagerou waited while quietly patting Sonyo's head. Head hanging over Sonyo's shoulder, she bit her tongue out of sight and held back the questions and comments that came to mind as Sonyo stumbled through what had happened and then entered hysteria. Kagerou simply continued to pat Sonyo's head and, dropping her book, Sonyo's back. Soft, rhythmic beats that continued without changing until Sonyo was ready to leave Kagerou's support.

Kagerou pulled her hands back and rested them on the ground as Sonyo sat up to look for the vial of blood she had dropped. Kagerou continued to lay on the ground, exactly as she had been since the two fell off from the branch above. Sitting up would put her right back into Sonyo's personal bubble, and she didn't know if her friend might need her personal space right now. She merely laid there and smiled gently.

Her gentle smile followed Sonyo's hands as they reached out for and pulled up the vial of precious blood. Eyes the same color as the blood observed it intently. It wasn't the most sterile sample. The chances of using it for an implant weren't perfect, and Kagerou couldn't tell how low her high it was. Nonetheless, she reached up for the vial and touched the glass that contained the still-warm fluid. As the vial passed hands, it trembled with Sonyo's shaking fingers, so Kagerou brought up her other hand as well. The fingers of the other hand enveloped around Sonyo's retreating hand, holding her trembling fingers to try and steady them. Briefly, the idea of kissing them passed through her hand, wondering if maybe it would take Sonyo's mind off of things. It always worked for Nozomi. However, it was quickly passed over. Sonyo wasn't Nozomi, for one. More importantly, Belamos wasn't around so that took out half the fun already.

"I will help, but on two conditions," Kagerou spoke with graceful gravity, despite the silver linings of amusement she had found just before, because she really did feel for Sonyo, "First, tell me where this village was. Second, I humbly request you permit me to tell Belamos about the operation. As a friend, I don't want to make any decisions between the two of you, which is the only reason why I'm not asking you to let me call for him to help you. I trust your decision on this matter more than mine. However, as a doctor, I feel obliged to recommend that at least one close relationship knows of the operation. Even a DNA implant could lead to complications." The village full of victims... Kagerou hid her intentions to go to the village herself behind a smile that showed only concern for Sonyo's condition. Those lost, have been lost. However, there could still be someone left alive. Moreover, the bandits needed to be stopped in some way... and Kagerou totally didn't find this of sudden importance because of what they had done to her friend. Well, even if she did, it was for the bandits' own good anyways. Probably better for them to be dealt with by her than by Belamos or, even worse, Aurelia.

The kunoichi remained lying down, her green hair spreading over the green hand. One hand still held Sonyo's and the other hand slowly tilting the blood-filled vial around in lazy circles, allowing the light to reflect upon the contents within. Her eyes, locked with the vial, were the only clue that she was assessing how suitable the blood would be for an implant. She could see slight impurities within, but it was fresh. Of course, the fresher the better, which was why, without more warning than a twist of the wrist and the sound of bells, the vial disappeared in a swirl of green chakra leaves. [39 sentences]

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 pm
User Image

tab | | tab s o n y o tab r u e tab | |

โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…

โ€œI humbly request you permit me to tell Belamos-โ€

Her head shot up, her eyes sharp, the color draining from her face. The thought alone made her heart skip a beat, part of her wanted him here. She wanted him to be here to hold her and tell her Aurelia was safe with Nohea doing silly things that made her laugh and think of different times. But the gilded lily in her pack sat untouched, and she couldnโ€™t bring herself to call for him. She feltโ€ฆ dirty, dirty and tainted for the idea of even thinking of getting a transplant. She had no right to take this girlโ€™s blood, but the anxiety inside her drove her to do it, the need to save people, the need to become something more than she was.

Belamos cared for her as she was, but even he might walk away from the mess she was at this current moment. No, the only person she could trust was Kagerou.

Kagerou who held her hand when Lohner wasted away. Kagerou who massaged her shoulders after the destruction of Uzushiogakure. Kagerou who made her sleep when she refused to. The Kagerou that held the secrets of her tattered mind even when it would have probably been better for her to tell everyone she could. Kagerou, her friend, the one person she unconditionally trusted in the whole world. It was for that reason Sonyo shook her head, struggling at first to talk.

โ€œHeโ€™d talk me out of itโ€ฆโ€ She mumbled, โ€œHeโ€™d say Iโ€™m fine just the way I am and that I can find my own strength but heโ€™s wrong. I couldnโ€™t do anything for that girlโ€ฆโ€ She thought for a moment, quiet. โ€œIโ€™ll tell him. Not now, but Iโ€™ll tell himโ€ฆ when I have faith in me again.โ€ Her words were a statement but her tone was pleading, selfishly pleading for Kagerou to keep her secrets once more.

Sonyo sniffled, wiping at her face once again. She tried to force composure once more, thinking back about how far from Estia she had been. โ€œU-Um.. the villageโ€ฆ maybe about a day and a half northwest of Estia? Itโ€™s the only thing for miles. It was small, smaller than Estia.. Maybe four families at mostโ€ฆ Of course.. Theyโ€™re all gone now...โ€

Despite the minor hysteria, Sonyo knew her sample was barely viable, if that. Issues could arise in surgery from infection to total arrest. Could she really force Kagerou to not tell Belamos? She sighed softly, rolling off her friend to look up at the sky. Her voice was filled with mixed emotions when she talked again, โ€œThough I suppose youโ€™ll have to tell Belamos if something happens to me.. Then, and only then, can you let them know. If I slip in to a coma, or if I arrest under your careโ€ฆ Yes, then you can tell themโ€ฆโ€

She was so incredibly selfish. Surely, Belamos would be pissed when he found out that she had a major procedure done without him thereโ€ฆ

โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…

CHKR : : 00 // 00 tab STM : : 00 // 00 tab RYO :: 17,000 tab AC :: 30,000 tab tab
                                                [ H Y O T O N / S H A K U T O N ] tab [ S - R A N K ] tab [ J I N C H U R I K I] tab [ W A N D E R E R ] tab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:17 pm

User ImageKagerou couldn't let out the sigh built up within her, a sigh of relenting, because she knew that Sonyo, sensitive as she was to how those around her saw her, would see it as a sigh of frustration, and that just wasn't fun. She held back the sigh, skipped it, and instead went straight to, "Well then... I can't not tell a close relation about your upcoming procedure. So then... I guess I'm honored you consider me a close relation," while twisting her mouth into a wry smile. She would cede to Sonyo's wishes, despite her disagreement. There would be Belamos to tell the both of them off in the future. Right now, as per the norm between the two of them, what Sonyo needed from Kagerou was a confidant and a helper. If that was who Sonyo needed, then that was who Kagerou would be.

She found it funny. Kagerou always knew that she would be willing to die for Sonyo. She never realized that she would be willing to die even for something as piddling as buying a little time from a couple's squabble for Sonyo. However, whatever consequences Kagerou may face from this choice of hers, she knew that Sonyo's consequences were much higher. For Kagerou, this was a possibility impending death from a furiously angry ball of sun. For Sonyo, this could be much, much worse. Falling asleep underneath the hands of someone she trusted, only to never wake up again and face another morning with her beloved family.

Gently, with smooth movements, Kagerou slid herself out from underneath Sonyo and stood up, helping the other woman stand too, if she needed it. "Sonyo," the green haired kunoichi knocked her forehead against the brunette, "I will use a technique to send you to my residence. Wash up in the bathroom, change into a set of scrubs, and then wait for me in the medical room. You'll know what I mean when you see it. Under no circumstances are you to leave my residence, however. I'll see you in a few minutes."

Once Kagerou, her eyes steadfast in their decision and her smile deflecting all questions, received the affirmation from Sonyo, she sent the woman on her way. This was the only place she could think to treat Sonyo. Estonia? Belamos had it under control. Arashigakure? Kagerou to go through too many processes to process Sonyo. Oasis? Kagerou didn't feel comfortable being treated at Oasis. Too high of a risk of exposing her identity. She naturally felt the same way about treating Sonyo at their medical foundation. That left only her residence, and as delicate as the situation within it tended to be, it was the best place for her to operate in secret without any questions being asked.

Sonyo, presuming she accepted, would be blinded by a flash of light as the Heavenly Transmission technique transported her body from before Kagerou to an empty room. Neat, orderly, with various plant life scattered about. Talking about scattered about, several scampering sounds also seemed to be scattered about, but they fell silent so instantly that Sonyo would be left wondering if maybe she was hearing things again.

Each of the four walls had a screen door. Two, on opposite ends, clearly led outside. Two others led further in to other rooms.

One was to a study filled with books and scrolls. A little less orderly than the room before it, but still organized and tidy. Orchids hung from the ceiling and a couple succulents lined a window, through which one could see the back of a sunflower. There were no other doors leading from this study.

The other was to a bedroom. Simple, natural decor. More plants. Another window that peered into a garden of Easter design, save for the, again, sunflowers planted in it. At this point, Sonyo might notice that the rooms themselves contained subtle sunflower motifs etched into the wooden structures and furniture. There were two doors in the bedroom.

One led to a walk-in closet that was way more big and comprehensive for someone who still preferred wearing hoodies.

The other led to the bathroom. Clean, spacious but not luxuriously so, white, and tiled. There was a large tub with a shower head against a wall. A laundry machine and dryer to a side. In all honesty, the modern efficiency of tiles and machines kind of clashed with the traditional atmosphere of the other rooms. [55 sentences]

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:27 pm
User Image

Sonyo winced against the harsh light as she was transported to another area by Kagerou, which left her blinking spots out of her vision for a few seconds after she arrived. Once she was no longer partially blinded, Sonyo looked around her surroundings. A soft smile fell on her face; her and Kagerou shared so many similar tastes that is was a wonder they weren't actually the same person.

Not one to pry, Sonyo briefly looked around for the bathroom while trying to bury the overwhelming urge to go through Kagerou's things. The bathroom was nice and tidy, nothing super eccentric which screamed Kagerou. She closed the door behind her, stripped, and took several moments in the shower to clean off the blood which had crusted itself onto her at this point.

After several moments of battling with the clotted blood in her hair and almost opting to just chop it all off, Sonyo finally emerged from the shower and dried off. She caught sight of herself in the mirror as she did so, frowning softly at the few scars and giant sealing array that decorated her body. Shukaku was still silent inside her, his lack of comment at her current tortured mindset made her worried once more.

Was he upset about her choice to live with Belamos? Was he upset that, in general, she was happy? The woman sighed, then wrapped the towel around herself and moved back in to Kagerou's bedroom. There she found a pair of scrubs and wasn't even slightly surprised that her and Kagerou wore the same sized clothing. Quickly, she put it on, then moved back in to the bathroom.

Now when surgeries were scheduled and she had time, she often knotted her hair up. She had time now. Once she put her clothes in the wash, she sat herself on the counter in front of the mirror and began carefully braiding her hair. Sonyo used to be able to just pull it up in to a bun before surgeries but seven years of not cutting her hair made it much to long to do so. Once copious lengths of pitch black hair were carefully braided, she gathered it on to her head and pinned it there.

It was messy but it would do it's job.

Sonyo made her way through Kagerou's home to the medical room she had previously mentioned, and just like the other woman had said it wasn't hard to find. She took her place in, what she assumed, was the scrub room and waited for her friend by leaning back against the giant sink and crossing her arms.

CHKR : : 00 // 00 tab STM : : 00 // 00 tab RYO :: 17,000 tab AC :: 30,000 tab tab
                                                [ H Y O T O N / S H A K U T O N ] tab [ S - R A N K ] tab [ J I N C H U R I K I] tab [ W A N D E R E R ] tab

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:54 pm

User ImageOnce Sonyo was gone, Kagerou pulled out a trombone and a child and started playing the "when Mom isn't home" song also used Heavenly Transmission on herself. She was happy with herself that she managed to send Sonyo away without too many questions. Now, with all the blood and gunk that she had, especially that blood and gunk in her hair (ugh. That would take hours to get rid of, Kagerou was sure), Kagerou predicted that she had maybe anywhere between half an hour to an hour. Admittedly, that wasn't including her own prep time, which meant that, even at her fastest pace, she had less time than her own prediction.

With Heavenly Transmission, Kagerou transported herself into the general vicinity of the village Sonyo had described. She couldn't see the village from here, but she could see the smoke that still rose from its remains. One shunshin later, and Kagerou was at the village of only a few houses. Remains of a small fence to mark the boundaries and offer some bare modicum of protection were seen. Quickly flitting through the burning remnants, Kagerou confirmed what Sonyo had told her. The village was small and completely eradicated. Kneeling besides the corpse of an old man in the final room of the final house, the green haired kunoichi frowned. No matter how much the bandits desired to steal, they didn't need to take the lives of those who could fight back. An earlier sensory sweep of the area had also brought up nothing of interest. How unreasonable, to kill when the only reward Kagerou could fathom was some sick enjoyment. Her red eyes closed and she stood up. She would like to give these victims a funeral, but unfortunately, their remains would need to remain uncovered for a little longer. She would report this attack to Estonia and allow them to handle this matter of their own volition. This was their land, after all. Their responsibility to quell any dangerous groups like this heartless rogue group appeared to be.

After quickly flashing to the gates of Belamos's settlement and leaving behind a message regarding the attack but with no mention of Sonyo in its contents, Kagerou flashed into her courtyard back at her home. She could hear the water still running in her bathroom, letting her deduce that Sonyo was still washing up.

Without a sound, Kagerou hurried to finish what needed to be done. She prepared herself, changing into a set of scrubs and tying her hair up into a ponytail. Once the operation started, she would probably tuck her hair into a cap just in case surgery became necessary to fix any complications. It wasn't she either expected or wanted to happen, but she could never be too safe with Sonyo. That was for later, however. Right now, she needed to go into the lab adjacent to the medical room.

In the small, white room, Kagerou passed the neatly arranged stations. As a personal lab, it wasn't very big, but it had pretty much most things she would need. As chance would have it, lately (for the last couple years), Kagerou had been researching various bloodline transplants alongside her other projects, so she had the equipment she needed to analyze and process the blood sample Sonyo had provided.

What Kagerou did to analyze and process, I honestly don't know how to explain. It probably involved a centrifuge and even more vials, however. Probably. Basically, pretend you see a bunch of medical jargon here and then, wallah, Kagerou comes out after having confirmed that the blood contains strands of Shakuton dna and collecting a vial of the blood that had been processed as best as Kagerou could process it. Of course, normally, Kagerou would never use such a sample even after the processing. No, rather, after only this much processing. It had been, maybe, 45 minutes in the lab? Even with ninja magic, that sort of time was barely enough to confirm the DNA within a 10% error margin and filter out most of the impurities in the blood. However, given her resources at the moment, it was also the best she could do. She tucked the sample into her pocket and simply believed in her medical skills to fix any complications that might arise.

Tying her hair up and tucking it away into a medical cap, Kagerou walked into the scrub room and found Sonyo waiting besides the sink. The traces of worry that had clouded her eyes were quickly dispersed. She couldn't let Sonyo see her with such an expression, and she knew that if she messed up even the smallest bit, then Sonyo could see right through her. Her eyes seeming to shine a soft light instead, Kagerou smiled gently at Sonyo as she greeted, "Sorry, did you wait long? I just finished processing the blood. It's... not finished, but it's the best I can get with what I have." In the end, Sonyo didn't even have to say anything. Kagerou's worry just naturally came out anyways. Though, she liked to think it was less because of any weakness on her part and more because of the need to reveal everything in a doctor-patient relationship.

To further clarify, she explained, "There isn't enough of the original sample to further improve the transfusion. What I have will most likely succeed in delivering the bloodline, but that's the only good news. It has a high chance of rejection after binding, higher chance than failing outright and succeeding without side effects combined. We're talking about... transplants from our parents' generations chances of this going wrong... If you feel like you absolutely need this child's blood, then I won't argue with you. Ninjutsu and fate are equally mysterious. However, as a doctor, I'd like to highly recommend, again, that you tell Belamos about this. I'm sure he'll be more than willing to share his blood with you." She had put on a mask while talking, and while it muffled her voice, her words still came out clearly.

In fact, there were a lot of things Kagerou was doing that were kind of distracting. She had, in a bit of a nervous state, had been unable (technically, unwilling) to contain herself while explaining and had been moving to and forth preparing. Putitng on a mask, as mentioned earlier. Then washing her hands at the large sink. Drying said hands with a flick of her wrist and a katon technique. Then, pulling elastic disposable gloves over her hands.

Only at the very last sentence did Kagerou stop moving. She had paused near the door. There was only one reason why Kagerou stopped. It was to look Sonyo in the eye. Her red eyes, which moved to lock with Sonyo's, stood out even more above that snow white mask. They riveted onto the woman who would make a decision of a lifetime. Kagerou hadn't asked a question. Nonetheless, she still waited for an answer.

Last chance, Sonyo, to go and do the reasonable thing. [76 sentences]

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:40 am
User Image

The look on Kagerou's face made her heart ache, how could she do this to her friend? How selfish was she? Sonyo frowned, moving to Kagerou. Once there, she cupped the green haired woman's face in her hands, smiling faintly, sadly. Hazel hues stared in to Kagerou's, filled with sympathy and a deep sorry-ness. She took a few moments to gather her thoughts, to get the wording just right. The female repeated it a few times in her head before actually opening her mouth to speak. "I'm so sorry, Kagerou. To do this to you, you deserve more. But know I will not die on your table. I have much to fight for, and I'm not done yet. So no matter what happens, I will make sure you don't remember yourself as the person who killed her friend. I won't lay that burden on your shoulders." As the last words slipped from her mouth, she stopped holding Kagerou's face in her hands and turned to face the table.

Her eyes darted back and forth, as if she was searching for something. They even narrowed for a moment before she let out a soft sigh. "I know how stupid and rushed this is, I know how safer it would be to ask Belamos for his blood... or Aurelia. But I feel like it's my duty, to carry on this girl. I already carry so many ghosts inside me, why not a few more?" She had been expecting Nari to appear, to tell her what to do out of habit. He had been gone for two years now. All the chakra he had stored inside her had been burned up... "She can live through me, have the life she will never have now through me... She deserves that much, since I failed her."

The woman's hands slowly snaked their way up her arms in till she was hugging herself, her body trembling softly. How many voices would that be now? Seven? Eight? Another person to add to the pile, this time it would be an actual person inside her. It had taken her a long time to figure out who the voices that whispered to her were the voices of the people she failed. More recently was Kya, belittling her on how she stayed stuck in the past. How she would always be stuck, because she couldn't get over herself. A sharp snicker echoed in the back of her head causing her to flinch and close her eyes. Sonyo released her arms and moved towards the table. "Lets get started, my friend."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:00 am

User Image"That..." Kagerou thought as she watched Sonyo's thin back step past her and towards the operation table, "wasn't what I meant." She bit her lower lip, feeling embarrassed. In fact, embarrassment was exactly why these thoughts failed to make it past her lips.

Keeping Sonyo alive, silently confirming repeatedly that she did want to take this risk, had all been for Sonyo's sake in Kagerou's head. She didn't want Sonyo to feel pain, to be hurt. Of course, she didn't want Sonyo to die when she had, as she just said, so much to live her. A beautiful family and, from what Kagerou knew, the peaceful life that she finally deserved. Kagerou had been thinking that she had, like any good friend, been worried for Sonyo solely for Sonyo's own sake, selfless and all that.

However, Sonyo saw right through her, and as unexpected as it was, Kagerou wasn't surprised of it after the fact. She could only, after a moment when the shock wiped her smile off her face, smile sadly at Sonyo's back, sad because she had been so easily exposed even before she knew it herself. Sonyo had, even when Kagerou hadn't thought of it, accurately nailed the fears that lay deep within her. That one fear that could and would always unsettle her, of hurting those she cared for. That silent storm of misgivings brewing unknown to her that had secretly fed her hesitations while she feigned calm to even herself. Sonyo was right. Kagerou couldn't help tossing Sonyo clues because, deep down, she was afraid of failure and what that would mean.

Her friend's back, as ever, was delicate, but remained unbowed. While Sonyo's eyes darted around the operating room, Kagerou appreciated the strength of the desert flower. Though her rational self could not believe as her empathetic friend did in the belief of carrying on the blood of the fallen to give them new life, she could admire it nonetheless. Far from faulting Sonyo for creating such a connection in such short a time, Kagerou respected her for it.

Seeing Sonyo hug herself, it wasn't hard for Kagerou to figure out that she was likely going through another episode. She remained quite and observant, standing by in case the mental disturbance became worse, but otherwise, giving Sonyo the room to resolve her own issues herself. Once she received the go-ahead and saw Sonyo relax, Kagerou stepped forwards quietly. "As long as you know it's stupid," Kagerou bantered lightly as she made a gesture to bring a metal cart of surgical supplies to her side with a breeze "but I don't hate that part of you that connects so deeply. In fact, I quite love it, and no matter what the voices in your head say, I'm quite sure that the people you remember also loved that side of you." Most of the supplies on the cart would be, hopefully, unneeded. However, it was always best to be prepared just in case.

"Please take a seat," Kagerou requested softly because as much as she would want to speak to Sonyo more about whatever was going on in that beautiful mind of hers, the two knew what they were really here for. Without a word, Kagerou gestured for Sonyo's arm and cleaned the crook of her elbow that she would inject the blood into. Once this small preparation was finished, she gently pulled up the prepared vial of the blood from the girl.

Kagerou made one last wish upon the needle, one last prayer if it could be called as such, that nothing would go wrong as she pushed out a small amount of liquid to ensure that there were no air bubbles. She looked at Sonyo and paused one last time with needle in hand. Her smile grew slightly wider as she remembered a similar incident, involving herself. It couldn't be helped, she and Sonyo were really quite alike, weren't they? "I'll be injecting you now," Kagerou warned of the obvious as she held Sonyo's elbow with one hand the the needle above Sonyo's vein with the other hand. Eyes on the target, she inserted the needle into the blood vessel and slowly squeezed in the pre-measured contents, "And no matter what happens, I will make sure that you will live so that you can do everything you need to do, for yourself and all that you hold inside of you." [37 sentences]

I Tortured Sleep I

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:22 pm
User Image

Kagerou was always so gentle with her, even now, even with this insanity. Sonyo sat and was prepped for the injection; the smell of isopropyl alcohol singed her nose. She'd probably never admit it to anyone, but she liked the smell-- it was clean, sharp, like ice. Kagerou warned her before injecting the contents of the syringe in to her arm. For a few moments, nothing happened as Sonyo stared up at the bright lights above the table.

She looked almost confused. It couldn't be this easy, right? She turned her head to look at her friend, only to be frozen in her tracks as her eyes widened suddenly. Behind the green-haired uchiha stood the teenager, bloodied and beaten, sympathy in her eyes. Sonyo's lips moved, trying to say something, but her voice had been stolen from the fear. The ghost moved towards Sonyo, causing the woman to flinch backwards, eyes still fixated on what would appear to be thin air to Kagerou.

'I'm sorry. The ghost muttered, and touched her cheek. In that moment she disappeared, and the blood working its way up her arm began to burn like liquid metal. Sonyo screamed, loud, and suddenly jerked back against the table causing a harsh "THUMP" sound. The jinchuriki let out a gasp of sheer pain, gripping her arm as the burning sensation spread.

Chakra vessels, used to the cool chill of the Yuki bloodline, were slowly beginning to heat up. Sonyo held back the scream for as long as she could but it eventually slipped, azure markings appearing on her face in a flash-- her chakra cloak, summoned forth for the first time in years by the soul crushing searing sensation working through her. Sand began to draw itself from any cracks or holes in Kagerou's medical room in a vein attempt to protect Sonyo's body from whatever was going on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:41 am

User ImageWhere Sonyo was confused, Kagerou felt relief. Unlike Sonyo, she didn't share that skepticism. Sometimes, it was possibly for an implantation to go smoothly. In fact, with proper preparation and blood matching, it was often the case that an implant would go through without incident. It was only because Sonyo had a soiled sample and none of that prepatory work that Kagerou had been concerned with her odds.

Kagerou's eyes met Sonyo's, the two women raising their heads to each other at the same time. The green haired medic, blissfully ignorant, gave her cherished friend a reassuring smile. Unfortunate, however, that the blissful ignorance did not last long. With horror written all over Sonyo's face, Kagerou's own expression melted. She tried to smile, as she always did. However, the last hints of that faltering smile, a smile that simultaneously tried to soothe and see the best in things, couldn't stand up to the flinch of her friend. Kagerou couldn't continue to smile as her friend stared into thin air, at something only Sonyo could see, at something only Sonyo could do anything about. Kagerou couldn't continue to smile while she stood there, knowing she was helpless.

"Sonyo," Kagerou whispered, trying to console her. She knew there wasn't much she could do. Gods... God... Whatever... The number of times she tried to do something. All of the attempts, ending up in failure, with the only relief Kagerou could deliver being limited to treatment. She was still going to try, though. She reached up with a hand to brush Sonyo's cheek. She was ready to bring their foreheads together, in the hopes that maybe physical affection could anchor her to this reality.

As soon as Kagerou touched Sonyo's cheek, though, her movement coinciding with the ghost's, Sonyo started screaming. As if she had been the one burned, Kagerou immediately jerked her hand back, her first thought being that it was her touch that had caused Sonyo such pain. Of course, that notion was quickly dispelled. It didn't make any sense, after all, and with Sonyo crashing into the table, Kagerou didn't have time for such nonsense.

"Sonyo!" Kagerou cried out, in that strange way she had of expressing her alarm, exclaiming in surprise and yet with a voice and actions so level, it made one wonder exactly how affected she was.

An errant side thought, of little import but an observation to note nonetheless, appeared in Kagerou's head amid the myriad of medical protocol and knowledge she was reeling her head through, .

Beneath Kagerou's fingers, Sonyo's very skin burned. Her pulse had skyrocketed. She had already passed the fever point, and it had only been a few seconds. Was this a complication originating between ice and fire? Had the sample been too contaminated for internal use as Kagerou feared? Biological incompatibilities? Chakra incompatibilities? Perhaps this was all caused by a mental disturbance? So many questions, but Kagerou had to prioritize. If Sonyo's temperature could not be allowed to continue skyrocketing at this rate.

An application of the Ondouchousetsu [Temperature Control] technique was applied to Sonyo, Kagerou's chakra flooding her body, mixing with Sonyo's chakra, and then being expelled with all of the heat it had absorbed. At the same time, a Diagnosis was applied. "Shukaku," Kagerou pleaded calmly, "Please, if you can hear me, try to do what you can to control and cool Sonyo's chakra!". It appeared the buildup in heat originated from the chakra networks.

While hopefully not necessary, Kagerou also began looking into seeing if disabling Sonyo's tenketsu points, thus blocking her flow of chakra, could further dam up the problem while Kagerou's diagnosis continued to feed her with new information.

[47 sentences]

Ondochousetsu [ Temperature Control ]
Official Description: Normal body temperature can be disrupted for one reason or another and this technique is used to restore it. It can be used to treat abnormally high or low body temperatures either by using chakra to infuse the patients body with heat or by using chakra to siphon off excess heat. It is not required for the medical nin to continue to use this technique in order for it to be effective but unless the cause of the abnormal body temperature is solved then it will occur again over time.
Guild Description: See the official description. Temperature stabilizes for one post at C-rank, lengthening by double for each further rank.

I Tortured Sleep I

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:15 pm
HeadlessKoko

User Image

Sand slowly gathered in to a form on the medical table, it resembled a ball at first but it soon sprouted one huge diamond-shaped iris. It took a quick second to glare at Kagerou before a mouth slowly formed underneath it. It opened once with no sound before it began to talk. โ€œWhat do you think Iโ€™m doing?! Diddling myself?! Sheโ€™s gonna ******** fry me too!!โ€ Shukaku shouted before turning his glare to Sonyo.

The medical jutsu seemed to slowly begin to work, Sonyoโ€™s temperature slowly began to cool under Kagerouโ€™s touch. However, while this was happening, the sand slowly began to form shapes. From the piles of sand, grotesque featureless faces began to reach up like sickening flowers. Their gaping expressions were much like the painting โ€œScreamโ€, with huge exaggerated holes for their eyes and mouth which were open in silent wails. If this wasnโ€™t Kagerou, who had dealt with the Seroโ€™s shennanigans for years, it could even be described as absolutely terrifying.

As the figures started to take shape, Sonyoโ€™s fever began to raise again. Each new feature seemed to exellerate her febrile state; eyes, mouths, noses, hair... some of these living sand sculptures would begin to form people. Kagerou would recognize a scant fewโ€” but it wasnโ€™t a difficult point to get across, they were all people Sonyo failed. Kagerou could finally see the delusions that plagued her friend every day.

A sharp eyed woman, dressed much like a geisha, would make itโ€™s way up to the table. Even though it was made of sand, the disappointment in itโ€™s eyes was clear. When its mouth opened, probably to the Uchihaโ€™s surprise, words tumbled out like flowing poison. โ€œI did not birth you, I do not recognize you... you weakling, you leech. Do I need to beat my lessons back in to you! Teach you how to be a proper lady! Dating older men, womenโ€” Iโ€™m glad Iโ€™m dead.โ€ The womanโ€™s face twisted in to an unnaturally exaggerated look of disgust.

The next was Nari, circling Kagerou and the table like a vulture. His sharp features were softened by disappointment. โ€You could never learn, Sonyo. You punish and punish and punish yourself.โ€ He moved closed and made a movement like he was about to grab his hand, but then suddenly recoiled like the very thought made his stomach turn. The gorgeous, graceful, Kaguya turned away. โ€œIโ€™m happy I did not live to see this empty shell youโ€™ve become. You are hollow, a fettered ghost of yourself. You are no longer the woman I fell in love with, and you never will be again.โ€

Sonyo jerked hard once, then again, then again. Within moments she had fallen in to a full blown seizure, nearly knocking the ichibi ball of the table. The ghostly sandpeople became restless, they all had things to say.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:40 pm

User ImageKagerou had half a mind to bop Shukaku on the head for shooting a glare at Sonyo, who was trying her best. However, the greater half of her mind and all of her body were currently wrapped up in treating Sonyo. Thankfully, her temperature seemed to be dropping under Kagerou's ministrations.

Not so thankfully, the sand that had come from who knows where was now starting to make shapes. Kagerou stared blankly at the horrifying "humans," for lack of a better word to describe them by, that bloomed from the sand. She remembered all too easily of years past, of waves of loved ones coming crashing down to kill her and of a certain Mizukage who forced every waking member of his village to tear his heart of out of a thing that was in his likeness.

Particularly because of the latter event and how it also had a botanical lean to it, Kagerou had a very bad feeling about these sprouting, featureless bodies as their sandy details stretched up and out in weird and, oftentimes, disturbing ways, some continuing to stretch far past what was naturally human. Bodies that were practically all fingers. Heads where the eye holes wept all the way to the ground. One figure where the boobs were waaaay too big.

Each creepy, embryonic figure, however, soon came into its own shape, taking on details that evolved them from "featureless" to "strangers Kagerou didn't recognize." A beautiful geisha with severe eyes that hinted a timeless allure when more relaxed. A handsome fellow who looked upon Sonyo like she was some weak, pitiful being, who she recognized as Nari after recalling what Sonyo had told her about her late husband. There was also this one figure that had giant boobs and was accompanied by an even bigger wolf.

And beneath Kagerou's hands, Sonyo's temperature was rising all over again no matter how much heat she tried to pump out. Kagerou had precious little time to piece together the puzzle. From the few sand creations she recognized, namely Nari, and the manner in which they all stood or stalked around Sonyo, Kagerou wagered a good enough guess that these must be the inner demons. However, did they arise because Sonyo's body was weakened by the faulty Shakuton implant? Or were these sand demons and the shakuton, instead, two symptoms of the same ailment?

Then there were the voices, the venomous voices. When the geisha spoke, Kagerou's head darted up in surprise. It had been the unexpected, and with her attention caught, she found herself listening to the rest of what was said. Her hands atop Sonyo clenched, and she wanted to say something, but couldn't. These were her nightmares manifest, weren't they? Then the person who needed to hear the words at the tip of Kagerou's tongue was not conscious to hear them.

She was still trying to assess the situation of Sonyo's body when the first jerk arrived. Kagerou, multitasking with her chakra on the physical diagnosis and her eyes on the physical representations of Sonyo's mental health, dropped her eyes down to Sonyo immediately. Then the second jerk came, and Kagerou turned Sonyo onto her side, quickly re-positioned her medical cart, and shifted her position to the top of Sonyo's head, all without thinking. The standard first aid reaction to a seizure.

Apply drugs? Kagerou quickly dismissed the idea as she laid down her arm underneath Sonyo's head and endured the frantic head banging. No, this wasn't the typical seizure. The sand people hinted as much, and the irregular build up of chakra in Sonyo's head confirmed.

Even as her arm bruised and swelled, Kagerou didn't allow herself to lose her cool. Even though she was alone in this room with only her and the friend she was desperately trying to save, the only sign of weakness Kagerou permitted from herself was trembling eyes. It was precisely because she was the only one other than Sonyo. Right now, she was the only person Sonyo could rely on. Sonyo was strong, even if she didn't think it, because of her flaws. Because she cared too much. Because she could be so empathetic. Because every loss was so personal, so every challenge was taken with all of her heart and soul. Because she feared how others saw her, and bettered herself for those fears, and also because of those times when she would brave her own fears to do what was right. Then what did Kagerou have to offer as a friend? Why, it was just to be somewhere Sonyo could turn to, no matter what happened. Two like-minded souls, though they may not always be what the other needs.

So right now, Sonyo needed a doctor who could keep her alive. One trembling breath. Then one steady breath. Kagerou pocketed her overflowing emotions as she had been trained to do, though it was not something she liked to do, and smiled. For Sonyo, she did not mind being strong.

Slowly, calmly, Kagerou sang. It was a melody without words, parts of it hummed, and meant to focus her thoughts and intents, wrap her emotions into the structure and form of musical notes. Once she had manipulated herself into a false calm, everything appeared clearly. Though she may not be right in this approach, it was the only approach she had thought of and had not tried so far.

Using Mental Medicine, born out of the signs weaved with the unbruised arm, Kagerou tried to alleviate the mental stress Sonyo's personal traumas were applying to herself.

[55 sentences]

โ–ฐ Mental Medicine [ Shinteki Ijutsu ] | Rank C | Variable
Allows the user to use chakra to gently mend the mental trauma a target has experienced from combating genjutsu. This technique can only be used if the target is within two feet of the user. Can cure insanity or mental stress. At C-ranked this technique can cure tier one either insanity or mental stress. At B-ranked this technique can cure tier two mental stress or insanity. At A-ranked this technique can cure tier three mental stress or insanity. At S-ranked this technique can cure mental stress and insanity at any tier.

I Tortured Sleep I

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:19 am
HeadlessKoko

User Image

Slowly, the seizing stopped, but the figures remained. In an attempt to help her friend, Kagerou cast a genjutsu to enter Sonyo's mind. Unlike when Lohner had entered, Kagerou didn't end up in the jinchuriki's inner sanctuary-- instead she showed up in a barren and cold wasteland, surrounded on each side by impossibly high ice walls. The air inside was frigid, much like when Sonyo had frozen that entire room in Arashi. However, Sonyo was nowhere to be seen in the frozen tundra like expanse.

Kagerou would turn around in her search for the jinchuriki, only to come face-to-face with one of the sand peopleโ€ฆ only now they were an ice so clear they looked like glass. The figure she had come to be face to face with was not one Kagerou was familiar with; big doe eyes, short hair, soft and round features. Around her neck hung an otogakure headband, and on her face she wore a soft and kind expression. She was dressed in a simple kimono, much like one would wear to a funeral, with bare feet and a ribbon that seemed to flow on it's own accord tucked around her arms like a shawl.

Slowly, in a horrific manner much like the sand people, hundreds of figures began to pull themselves from the ice. Their limbs moved in unnatural ways, snapping and whining as they pulled themselves free and crawled across the frozen walls to make their way towards the ground.

"You must be Kagerou." The woman in front of Kagerou finally spoke, seemingly unbothered by the events unfolding around her. "My name is Kinu. Uchiha-san, you are a very intelligent woman so I'm sure I don't have to explain the situation to you." Kinu frowned, a small motion of her lips that barely moved anything else on her face. Her next words were just a low mumble when she spoke them

"You've come to a very dangerous place, Soyo-chan is very upsetโ€ฆ" The woman fell silent, folding her hands in front of her a turning to face the ice figueres gathering at the base of the walls as features slowly began to settle on some of their faces. A UHV soldier, holding a cigarette in his mouth with a face full of scars. Another man with eyes like Sonyo's with exotic features and wavy hair. A young woman in camo clothes, her short messily chopped hair falling into her face. A man floating about six inches off the ground, who closely resembled the sand woman with breasts way too large.

The rest of the sand figures were there too, now only made of that same glass-like ice. For every ice person with human features there were about twenty more which only sported holes where the eyes and mouth would roughly fall on their face; even their bodies were warped-- the nameless undead. All eyes ( and not eyes ) were on Kagerou, thousands of figures still pulling themselves from the ice. A young man would break off from the large gathering, walking a few steps forward-- Lohner. He said nothing, only stared with too lifelike eyes at the Kiritani.

"Soyo-chan has a lot of sins weighing heavily on her shoulders. I was the firstโ€ฆ I hope you can help her where I failed." Kinu slowly looked around at the innumerable figures surrounding them, her eyes sad. As if her words were a cue, the temperature began to drop.

โ—„ ๆ™‚โ•‘๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฃ๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ โ†ฌ แด€สŸแด›แด‡ส€ษดแด€แด›แด‡ แด›ษชแดแด‡สŸษชษดแด‡ แด„แด€ษดแดษด ส€แด˜

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games