Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:14 pm
User ImageIt had been a lovely day all morning and afternoon. Not wanting to sit all day in the house, Yu had packed a lunch not soon after waking and after he had his own breakfast, with the intentions of doing a little fishing before the sun reached its highest point in the sky. Not too far out in the woods that bordered his backyard, there was a river from which he would catch some of his meals from. Or sometimes he went further into town to find someone willing to barter with for things he couldn't go father or grow on his own. Today, however, was one of those days he decided to keep what he caught. Between bites, he'd even brought a book to read, knowing sometimes it took those fish a while to catch onto his bait.

Now it was mid-way through the day. Having stored his catches away for later, he'd strolled back outside, carrying in his mouth a watering can full of water.

Yu lived on the outskirts of a town, in a house with a large enough fenced in back yard that he converted a corner of it into a vegetable batch, beside which grew a few fruit trees. When he first arrived, with little but the clothes on his back and enough to house himself somewhere, he hadn't much left to feed himself well. By using the resources of the forest, he had managed to supply himself with seeds and gardening tools. He'd realized he had a knack, and interest, in gardening, bringing all those seeds to near harvest. It felt nice to rely on himself for his basic needs. But it was also lonely. He hadn't yet managed to make any friends in the town and he'd left his family behind in his old hometown. They were rarely around, anyway. He may as well just leave and start fresh somewhere else. Even if that meant he was alone a lot.

Yu made his way to the vegetable patch, setting his watering can down along the way. Crouching down, he inspected around the base of each plant for anything that shouldn't be there. Such as...Weeds! Begone! Leaning forward, he opened his mouth to grab the one nearest him.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:43 am
User ImageUser Image
By contrast Crimson moon's day had been quite exciting. Crimson was the prettiest Kit in the small town; she had a super cute winter caplet she loved to show off. Spying a cute boy she settled her attention on him. A new kit in the heart town. The male kitsu was Asking locals something or other. Crimson didn't really care what, but there had been so few cute boys lately coming through that it had gone so stale.

So off she went to catch his attention. "Hey, You're pretty cool!" she said preening," No boy would ignore her. "Why don't you take a break" she smiled alluringly.
---
Naoto, had come into town been asked to help find some missing items. She simply began by asking the townsfolk for details on the thefts. Those who had suffered first and then those who might have seen something. She needed to get an accurate account of both timeline and items stolen. She had a loose theory so far but to pin everything into place she needed solid evidence.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a over zealous kit. Why must she always get interrupted when she's working? Nao somehow managed to look both down upon the kitsu in front of her despite being a bit shorter.

"If I may cut to the chase." Naoto spoke cooly in a somewhat masculine voice to the white and crimson kit "Do you have any relative information for me?" Nao often had to deal with girls like her, they left letters frequently she tossed in the trash. She wasn't interested in them unless they were actual cases. She adjusted her had slightly in mild irritation.
---
Crimson was taken back like shock filled her face for a moment before it quickly turned into rage. How dare he! he didn't even bat an eye this handsome kitsu, was he to cool for her of something? The Good looking boy with his hat. Crimson wouldn't accept this, he wasn't going to get away with this. She'd punish him for not being interested in her charms. Crimson had barely even started.
--
Nao could tell by the crimson kitsu's expression she wasn't going to "Please leave I have work to do." she said turning away and beginning to head toward the next kitsu she needed to question. Nao tended to prefer walking on her hind legs using her tails to balance.
--
While his back was turned Crimson Moon sprang into the air and grabbed the male lifting them into the air. "This is what you get for not even batting an eye." Though she suddenly realized the boy was much lighter than she'd thought he'd be. Regardless she was to angry to care, she hoisted the detective kit high above the down and carried him over the forest through a clearing before dropping him into what looked to be a local farm or garden, whatever. Something Crimson didn't care for. She laughed as the boy fell and flew away laughing without caring another was below.

"you Stupid boy!" she yelled at nao as she left laughing

-----
Before she could react she was lifted into the air. "w.what a..a a.re you Doing!" she stammered her voice raising ever so slightly struggling a little. "P.Put me down!" still flustered as she was carried. She started to force herself to calm down again. this was like deja vu. Both kitsu were unreasonable and rude that meant unfortunately she had a feeling what was going to happen next. When she was suddenly let go she braced herself to hit the ground instead though something softer seemed to break her fall. She could hear the crimson kits laughter as the angelic flew away. Nao glared at the sky in the direction the kit had flown.

Now what had she landed on?  

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:42 pm
The sharp teeth hidden behind the stoic, calm expression always on the grey-haired Kitsu's lips had just had enough time to clamp around the stem of the first weed when there was suddenly a commotion above his head. With plant still in his mouth, he tried to look upwards, his expression only altering a little bit to display the confusion he felt at the noise. He had been living here for months, long enough for his vegetables to almost be ripe, and there hadn't been any excitement this entire time. At least not around him. More than a few times, he thought he had heard things in the distance. Yelling. Maybe fighting. He had never paid it too much attention. It wasn't his business. But this....This was directly above him and thus his business. He just had a few seconds to realize exactly how much his business this would be.

Yu's ears perked up as he tried to angle his head upwards, forgetting the weed in his mouth. As he raised up, he slowly pulled it out of the ground, the roots still clinging stubbornly to the hard-packed ground. With his large ears, he could hear clearly what was being said above him. Something about a stupid boy not batting his eyes at this crazy female? Sounded like some flying Kitsu mumbling to herself as she flew overhead. With the plant in his mouth, stuck fast to the dirt, he couldn't get his head up high enough to see with his eyes. As he lived on the outskirts of town, he didn't see many save his neighbors. Who he'd give a friendly wave to and have a small chat with every now and than, but they were older and he didn't have as much in common with them to talk further. He was just being a polite boy by offering himself to them when they needed it.

Shrugging his shoulders, Yu decided to return to his gardening and ignore the weird commotion above his head. But as someone was on their way down at that very moment, he had no time to return to his task before a weight was dropped ungracefully onto his back. His legs instantly buckled and he was soon sprawled out on the grass, the wind very much knocked out of him. As he was crushed, his head jerked up so quick that the weed finally let go of the earth, springing from his now open mouth to settle on the ground nearby. All Yu could manage was a groan of pain.

"My ribs cracked..."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:17 pm
Why were kitsu so crazy, Nao sighed. She was definitely mad but she had to keep her cool. Naoto surveyed the area a 'garden?' where in the world was she now. she didn't seem quite as winded thanks to something breaking her fall. Must have been the plants. It was lucky for her. Reaching with her paw to her head she realized her hat was missing... "Oh, there.." she said quietly in her sultry voice seeing it on a nearby plant. Naoto hopped up standing on her back paws she wiped the dirt off her clothing as she went to fetch her hat.

A soft groan caught her attention as she picked up her hat and slipped it back on her head. She glanced at the kitsu sprawled on the ground. HE looked like he was in pain. Then she realized why, he'd been the one she'd landed on. Her face flushed a bit in embarrassment as she hid it with the hat she'd just retrieved.

"A''are you alright." she asked hesitantly. she couldn't help but feel a little bad.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:44 pm
Even once the weight was off him, Yu remained flat on the ground for enough time to let the other retrieve what was lost. Something had cracked when he'd met so roughly with the ground beneath his paws. But the pain he felt wasn't searing or so intense, he wanted to cry, as he'd heard was what broken bones felt like. He didn't seem to have any broken bones anywhere. Though he'd definitely be having bruises tomorrow. His mouth shut with a snap, cutting off from view all the sharp canine teeth polished so white.

With a few more groans, the grey Kitsu slowly got to his feet, stretching out each leg and testing how well his limps were responding. Everything seemed fine, if not a bit store from buckling so forcibly. His tongue flitted in and out of his mouth in an attempt to get rid of the bits of leaf, much like a cat will do with the fur after a wash, raising one paw to scrub at his face before giving the one who fell on him any attention.

"For now. I suspect I'll be bruised tomorrow." He gave one final stretch of his legs before turning around to face....Him? The voice had called something a stupid boy. Yu assumed this was said stupid boy. He didn't look so stupid to him. Embarrassed, if anything. Understandably, when you fall on someone unexpectedly from a height out of nowhere, interrupting their gardening. Still, he felt no annoying or irritation at the unexplained guest to his back yard. Not at this "stupid boy" or at the one who had dropped him. Things just happened. Why let everything that happened get to you?

So it was with a very straight, very serious, very calm face, that Yu addressed the newcomer to his home. "You must be this "stupid boy" I've heard about recently. I'm Yu Narukami and this is my backyard."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:52 pm
Was that how one normally behaved when having someone dropped on them? Wouldn't you usually get angry or, at least yell? this kitsu's calm was very strange to her. Nao though for a moment was thankful she hadn't broken any bones on him. It was also an accurate assessment that he would hurt tomorrow. He'd broken her fall after all. However, the feelings of pity died relatively shortly.

First off she wasn't a boy, but that was irrelevant and not something this guy she's just met needed to know. Nao's gender had no bearing on her interaction with others aside from her own experience of being severely hindering. Stupid on the other hand she was not. "Stupid? For ignoring a hormonal teenager amidst an investigation." Naoto answered as coolly. Were others calling her that as well? did they not think she could do her job? Where they going to abandon her again as soon as she wasn't really needed? Her mind swirled, but she had to focus. She needed to finish gathering information. She patted the dirt off her coat and pants, as she re-centered herself. Was he trying to be funny or insulting she couldn't tell because in the same sentence he'd introduced himself casually and insulted her intelligence.

"I do apologize for dropping in, Narukami but I haven't the time to waste." She answered formally looking for the gate the sooner she was out of here the better. "If you'll excuse me."  

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:08 pm
Oh. Had he messed up? He didn't mean to mess up. All he'd wanted to do was add some humor to the situation, but he seemed to have upset the other Kitsu. He wasn't sure what else he could have said. For one, he wasn't used to talking to others. And two...How did one react to unexpectedly being a soft landing spot for someone else? That had never happened to him before. He didn't know anyone who that had happened to. He had nothing to go on for how he should react.

Yu's ears drooped a little, though his face seemed to remain the same unchanged expression.

"I apologize," he said calmly, dipping his head a little in a polite bow, whether the other saw it or not in their inspection of his backyard's fence. Unless he crawled over the fence, which wasn't too high for Yu to do, there was no gate to escape. Just the backdoor into the house. "I was gardening. I saw no one but you." For proof of his claim of what he was doing, he pointed to the still full watering can nearby, than at the random weed lying on the ground, roots still covered in dirt. "I don't know about this investigation, either. I sincerely didn't mean to make you mad. Can I make it up to you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:42 pm
Much to Naoto's displeasure as she inspected the fence there was no gate. With Naoto being shorter than the other kitsu climbing over the fence was regrettably also out she deduced quickly. The fence was clearly not meant for anyone of her small size. Her get away had been unintentionally thwarted.

Naoto sighed, as she starred at the fence for a moment longer. she turned to see the other kitsu bowing. Honestly, it didn't take a genius to deduce the fact that the culprit whom had dropped Naoto on him had in fact left. Why was everyone Naoto met either monstrous, an idiot, or boorish. Now in front of her there was this enigma; He seemed, genuinely apologetic, Nao couldn't be sure though having just met him. the lack of knowledge he had about his own town was rather troublesome.

The theory he hadn't been affected by the thefts living on the outskirts alone could possibly hold up; then again so could the fact he might be the thief she pondered placing her paw on her chin turning her gaze to the ground for a moment as her mind continued to spin. The Kitsu in front of her, he started to seem more suspicious. Maybe that angelic that dumped her here was his cohort? Naoto shifted her gaze back to Yu "I'm here investigating the recent thefts." she said giving him as little information as possible yet keeping an eye on his reaction.

Perhaps she should get more information about him, since he was strange. and he was offering to make it up to her. "I don't suppose you know anything?"  

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:15 pm
Yu watched silently as the other finally realized there was no gate to the outside and that the fence was perhaps a bit too tall for him to climb over, small Kitsu that he was. Even on his hind legs, Yu could see this. Yu himself was on four legs, as he normally was, his butt on the ground with his three tails wrapped around his lower body from the same side. If he were to also stand up, he'd easily tower over this other Kitsu, but there was no reason to be standing. At least for him. He did ponder how strange it looked for this other one to be standing so long on two legs. Wasn't that tiring? Yu always felt more comfortable on four. Now wasn't the time to be questioning another's preference on movement.

Investigating? Could have fooled him. Being dropped from the sky was suspicious in itself. How was he to know this dude hadn't been doing something he shouldn't be and that's why he was called a "stupid boy" and dropped with the obvious intentions of killing or at least seriously hurting him. Of course, this could also be the fault of the one who did the dropping. Yu wasn't used to interacting with a lot of different Kitsu, but he certainly wasn't stupid himself. He could be quite observant when he wanted to be.

For instance, he could tell by the way this other Kitsu was looking at him, that he was now under suspicion. That was fine. It wasn't like he had anything to hide.

"Recent thefts...Mm..." he mused out loud, his ears flicking upwards as he looked away to think. No, he hadn't heard too much about this. "I have only been in town for a few months and have only spoken to those I have bartered with or my neighbors. So no, I can't be of much help. I have only heard what I have heard from being near others talking about it." He glanced back at the other Kitsu, forgetting he was standing on his hind legs and quickly diverting his eyes upwards without a single flinch at his mistake. A Kitsu with pants was also a strange thing to see. "I can tell you suspect me. I do not blame you." Here he stood up, turning so his side was exposed to the new Kitsu, his tails laying against his back legs as he pointed towards the back door to his house. "You are welcome to search my house if you want. I have nothing to steal nor anywhere to hide valuables of others." In fact, the inside of his house was rather bare. He had the essentials: bed, table with chairs, things for cooking and eating out of, a pantry for storing food, and storage for his clothing. But he didn't have anything in the way of personal belongings, knickknacks on the walls, or clutter around the place to make it feel homely. Maybe after his first harvest, he would have plenty left to barter with to decorate the place.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:17 am
He was smarter than he portrayed but then again you couldn't' ever judge by ones appearance. Nao knew that quiet well. Nao listened as Yu spoke, wasn't that curious? Yu was petty new to town. It could have very well been a coincidence however, she didn't have enough to go on. She couldn't each a house without being sure, even if he offered, So for now "That won't be necessary," she answered calmly. It might turn out to be a necessity latter but for now there wasn't much that could be done. This kit seemed very disconnected from this village, considering others seemed close. Nao had seen trends like this before.

"There is one matter I would still like your assistance with." she was a bit embarrassed having to ask for a way out. seeing as for now she would get no new leads here. Nao had pasted precious time already thanks to the boy crazy angelic. Nao had a long walk back to the center of town or even the hotel she was staying at so she might collect her thoughts on what she'd found out already.

"With your lack of gate the way out it through your home?"  

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:22 am
"No, I suppose not," Yu agreed, putting down the paw he had been using to point with. His open jacket covered much of his torso from view, the sleeves just touching the ground around his front paws. The clothing likely looked weird, the way it hung and hide most of the shirt underneath. It'd look better if he stood up, letting the jacket fall flatter against his body, but he rarely stood unless he was doing something which needed two paws. "I am not suspicious enough to search." A last sentence that, structured that way, would convey disappointment. From his composed voice and face, he was just stating a matter of fact that he held no feelings for either way.

However, when the other started getting embarrassed at having to ask for help, a small smile did touch his lips and he answered with a hint of amusement in his voice. Not as if he was laughing at the other, but just that he found it rather endearing to see. Was being in another's home the embarrassing part or was it having to ask for help? The other did give off a very high aura of independence, especially considering he was clearly involved in solving these thefts.

"I am afraid you do." He almost made a further joke, something about not needing to be worried he'd kidnap him, but Yu thought better of it. Considering how well the earlier joke went, he didn't think that one especially would go down well. He was half expecting the smile and amusement in his voice to also be taken the wrong way. This one seemed a little touchy. Yu didn't want to cause him more distress than the fall already had.

Looking away, the grey-haired Kitsu walked towards his backdoor, placing a paw in the panel to slide it open, revealing the small room beyond where he kept his tools for working in the garden. A pair of gloves and a small shovel could be seen sitting on the shelf. Assuming the other was following along, Yu walked into the house, going past the small room into the open kitchen/living room area. Just as mentioned, there was little in the way of personal belongings that every house didn't already have. Table and chairs. Sofa. Tools in the kitchen for cooking or eating. The only thing of notice was a small bookshelf halfway filled with books bearing wrinkled spines.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:56 am
Enigma the more Nao remained here the more accurate the word seemed. who'd be disappointed in not being searched? Shouldn't it be a relief? And he didn't convey disappointment in his body language either. This guy was going to give her a headache. her need for help made him amused, or something and that irritated her. She really should get away from here as soon as possible. He was quite frightening in a sense, she couldn't read him at all. Yu seemed to say everything so seriously. Nao herself was normally always so calm and composed but for some reason this guy just kept getting under her skin.

She was relieved when he started heading to the door. She could finally get out of here and things would go back to normal. She did follow the strange kitsu in front of her and head into the house. She noted the back room was mostly akin to a garden shed. As she continued in further she noted the lack of personality the house had. Most places where people lived had a feeling of home for that person; knickknacks and the like strewn about the place and pictures on the walls. Naoto noted there were no such things in this house aside from necessities and a small bookshelf. He did say though he'd just moved, but most people still had knickknacks with them they couldn't give up but here there was almost nothing.

The bookshelf caught her attention however it was the only thing in the house that seemed of note. Nao Went over to inspect the book case, containing a variety of book she noted at first glance "Let's see now" she muttered to herself examining the books: Math, history, gardening, quite a few manuals, origami and a few others. He seemed very well read considering her first impression of him. One of these books however, seemed very out of place, one she'd read when she was but a young child. she carefully pulled it out. "Curious you took an interest in this one." she said holding the book called the witch detective. "Isn't it a little young for you?"  

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:27 pm
Once inside, Yu stood back on four legs, close to the front door, ready to open it for the other one to exit. But when he looked over his shoulder, expecting the other Kitsu to not be too far behind, he noticed the dude's equally grey eyes scanning his house. His very empty house.

It was true, though. He didn't have very many personal belongings of his own. He had never been too terribly materialistic nor had had many experiences or connections in his life from which to gather mementos. He had spent a greater part of his life being on his own. What was one to give themselves?

Seeing the other Kitsu wasn't as keen on leaving as he had made out he was just earlier, Yu turned around and walked back, remaining a safe distance away out of arm's reach. It was odd to him to have to crane his neck upwards to look at the blue-clad fellow who didn't seem like he was going to go down on four legs at all. So Yu decided to rise up on his own hind legs, his arms at his sides, the jacket hanging against his body in a more tight-fitting way than the other's jacket was. He adjusted his clothes to the different altitude.

Before where he had been towered over, now he was the one who was far taller.

"Oh. That." He edged a little closer, looking down at the book in the other's paws. True, it was a book targeted towards little girls in particular. "Well, I've never read it as a kit and I saw it, so no better time than the present right? It was quite good. I liked it. I can see why so many little girls really like it."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 am
Nao decided to look at the book again herself for nostalgia's sake. Nao carefully perusing through the pages. It had been a long time since she'd read it herself. Nao had not been paying attention as the kitsu behind her shifted his stance to his hindfeet and came up behind her to look at the book in her paws. He's gotten really close while she hadn't been paying attention.

"Y...You're quite close." Her eyes widened a bit in surprise and annoyance. Who looks over someone's shoulder they don't know so suddenly? It was also a bit embarrassing, he was so much bigger on his hind legs. She hated being so small she grumbled as she closed the book. She tended to walk on her hind legs so she would be seen bigger. She wanted to be bigger people didn't tend to listen to those who were small and childish. Nao moved out of the way and coughed putting one her her paws in front of her mouth. He liked the book? Considering the Variety on the shelf and the fact this kitsu kept getting stranger. She couldn't figure him out. He's either genuine or a master spy.

But aside the bookshelf the house seemed, what was the word? Lonely. That was something she could relate to certainly. She felt a bit sad for him. She didn't really have any friends herself. Naoto had clients, they gave her a reason to keep working. Her work was pretty much everything to her.

"It was quite a good book." she gave a fond smile as she put the book back on the shelf. "I don't suspect you have any other detective books?"  

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Crew

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:17 pm
"Mm? Oh. Sorry." Yu took a few steps back where he had first come from, keeping that first distance of being wider than arms length from the other Kitsu. He hadn't really thought about it being awkward at the time. He just wanted to see closer the book he had picked out, though he knew full well which one it was. And besides....This dude was a stranger to him, and also a dude. For both those reasons, he really had no alterative motives besides the book and never thought about it any further than that. Even with any girls, there was nothing inappropriate on his mind. Not that he'd have many opportunities to talk to girls, either. Just the old neighbors on either side of him.

"I'm not used to...." Being around people was what he was about to say, but he cut himself off. No need to go telling the world straight from his own mouth how alone he was. One could easily see that from his house. "Company over." Feeling a little embarrassed himself, he ran a paw over the top of his head, his eyes shifting to the bookshelf. The windswept look of his bangs were pulled one way for a moment before snapping back to lean to the right as they were before, like a gust of wind was permanently blowing gently in his face. Some girls back home thought it attracted, and told him so. Saying how dashing it made him look, like he was on the cover of some romantic novel. He supposed he did. That was also not something he thought about much. It was just how his hair naturally was. It never was a bother to him.

At the question, Yu's grey eyes returned to his guest. Which seemed an appropriate title when the other Kitsu didn't seem as keen on leaving as he once was before. What did one do with guests? Even his parents never had many, they were always gone away on business.

He returned the small smile, even if it wasn't directed right at him. Regardless, it was always nice to see others smile.

"I do. Was a sale on detective books." Falling back on four legs, he ran to the back of the house, returning with a book tugged underneath one arm. Keeping his distance this time, he stood back on his hindlegs to hand it over, his arms stretched out straight least he make his guest uncomfortable, again. On the cover was a profile of a man smoking a pipe. "I guess you like detective books. Makes sense if you're doing a case." He waited for his guest to take the book, remembering right! Guest. He needed to be a good host. "If you aren't as interested in leaving anymore, may I offer you something? Falling when you have no wings must have been traumatic. I have coffee. Water. Tea. Different kinds of juice."  
Role Play Space

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff