Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2022)
Manu~Koa Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100 Day Event

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:31 am
User Image
Event Deadline: ( UTC-8 ) 11:59 pm PST

 Useful Info ____________________
  Please review these Event Artist rules before posting.
  ✨ One post per day
  ✨ Label your days
  ✨ Spoiler all bugs-related subjects

  Use this format when posting
  Comment is optional
:ghost: [b]Day # [/b] :ghost:
[u]Theme[/u]: :ghost:
[u]Time spent[/u]:

[img][/img]

[u]Comments[/u]: :ghost:

 Your Deadline ____________________
🔫 (UTC-10) SAME day 9:59 PM

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:46 am
emotion_ghost Day #1 emotion_ghost
Theme: Meet the Artist emotion_ghost
Time spent: Hour and a half

User Image

Comment: My tablet will be the death of me...posting this took another half hour. emotion_ghost

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am
emotion_ghost Day #2 emotion_ghost
Theme: emotion_ghost
Time spent: Half an hour

User Image

Comments: Felt like drawing some flowers since I like drawing vines. emotion_ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:32 pm
emotion_ghost Day # 3 emotion_ghost
Time spent: 3 hours

The scales beneath her Elven glamor itched as Vaksara marveled at the sprawling forest before her. “I finally found it,” she whispered, rubbing her collar bone nervously. She took a cautious step forward and felt her heart quicken. “This has to be the place...” Before she take another step, a compatriot called out to her. “We'd best save adventuring any further for tomorrow.” spoke the druid, Amaru. “We'll be traveling in an unexplored forest of magical making. Nereid knows what strange creatures will be hunting at night.” Vaksara nodded and promptly returned to camp, sparing one last glance in the direction of the forest. She approached the druid and sighed heavily before collapsing onto one of the logs around the fire. “Dawn can't come fast enough.” resigned the mage. Amaru laughed, her voice a soft and low rasp. Her shoulder shudder and her head shook, a lone dark braid swaying to and fro. “I don't know what you find so amusing about my impatience.” scolded Vaksara as her lips turned into a thin line of displeasure.

Amaru coughed and snorted, waving a hand apologetically to the mage. “I'm sorry, my friend. I could've mistaken you for a child with how eager you were.” The druid slowly regained her composure, almost returning to her usual aloof and distant self. A wryly smile still hung on her lips. “You never did explain your reasoning for finding this place and I've never pried before,” she paused, thoughtfully. “Is it something you don't want to talk about?” Silence filled the space between them as Vaksara thought of how best to answer her. The sounds of life around them filled the void of silence. A cacophony of crickets chirping in the distance, the crackling fire, and the hushed voices of their fellow party members toiling on the outer rims of the camp. Vaksara thumbed her collar as she finally spoke up.

“Have you heard of the different sects of the Yuan-ti?” she inquired, testing her friend's knowledge in hopes of streamlining her explanation.

Amaru tilted her head, running a hand over her braid as she thought. “I heard that there were two sects based upon differing opinions. Or so my informants have told me.” She pulled her onto the log with her and held them close to her chest. “Mmm, I heard that one sect wanted to live away from the world like cloistered monks and the other wanted to bring the dark ones back into this plane of existence.”

“That is correct. You have some good informants.” mused Vaksara.

“Well, you were one of them.” chimmed Amaru, who beamed up at Vaksara with pride. Her eyes the color of a verdant forest sparkled for a moment as they met Vaksara's “Perhaps my best informant...my bard aside.”

“Now you are just flattering me and that will get you nowhere.”

“It's true though, but I digress. I did tell you about the trouble that Meridia ran into, right?”

“I think I recall. She stopped the 'Yellow Signs' from summoning a dark one.”

Amaru nodded and added, “She also stayed behind to aid the lone Yuan-ti monk with rebuilding. She found an egg even.”

This knowledge was new to Vaksara. “An egg?” It gave her pause. She can feel her thick brows lift incredulously. “An unhatched egg? Just lying around somewhere?” The scales on her body tingled with excitement. “And she gave it to the monk to care for?”

“Yes! A newborn Yuan-ti on the side of your benevolent 'cloistered monks'. She found it when her group came across a ruined temple.” A log in the fire cracked, sending sparks of embers flying and light flickered across their faces. Amaru was looking up at her expectantly, like a well behaved dog waiting for it's treat.

“Your group has done a good thing once more, Amaru of Rhyvanna. Or should I say, Amaru of the Silver Wolves.” acknowledge Vaksara. “So, you know both the heroes and the villains of my story?” Amaru nodded before resting her chin on her knees.

“Yes, please continue.”It was small moments like this did the Yuan-ti halfblood remember that her employer is a woman barely out of her teens. For all her achievements and maturity, Amaru was still turns into a child when any myths or legends is laid before her. Her arms hugging tightly to her knees while bringing the tip of her braid to brush against her lips. Bare feet covered in dirt and broken leaves with toes wiggling in excitement. It was an endearing and rare sight that Vaksara soaked in.

“Very well. This site is where one of the last stands of their civil war took place. There were three heroes that fought this battle. Siti, the honorable one. She would be considered a knight by your people. She lived and fought for her code. Nishka, the healer. She was our god's most beloved creation. Last of all, there was Zuri, the cursed. She made a pact with a creature not of our world. Her magically prowess made her a terror on the field of battle” Vaksara paused and drew a deep breath. Invoking the name of Zuri had send shivers down her spine. The mention of the “creature” made her shiver as well as something pricked at the back of her mind. She pushed back the memories of her childhood and steeled herself instead to finish her story. “These three were some of the greatest heroes of our sect...and that forest is said to be the final resting place of Siti.”

Amaru's mouth opened and a question begun to form on her lips. “Oh, so ar---”

A high pitched squeal interrupted their conversation and the thoughts of the druid. “Eeeehh? That's the first I have heard of that?!” The shrill, sing-song voice of Ravi, the knowledgeable bard of the party had disrupt the peace they had. “I heard this forest is cursed by a witch in her throes of grief!” She paused for a second of thought, her small body leaning heavily upon Amaru. “Oh! Also, a forest sprung up in a place where plants can barely grow! I couldn't figure the rest out, but that's the info I got!”

Vaksara blinked, feeling dazed and confused. The half elf's bubbly and bright nature combined with her way of speaking – like a race horse fresh out of the gate- was always a bit much for her. “That is partially true. It is cursed.”

“Partially? What am I missing? I am pretty sure that's all anyone from that nearby village knew...” pondered Ravi. Amaru sighed heavily and abruptly stood up to stretch which sent Ravi tumbling. The nimble girl caught herself mid-fall and twirled herself straight again. “Whoa! Ru, you gotta warn a girl first!”

Amaru stretched. “I will next time.” She whistled and plop herself on the ground closer to Vaksara. “Please continue with your story.” A dark shadow slipped between the tents and settle itself behind Amaru. A dire wolf that is the druid companion snorted and nuzzled its muzzled onto Amaru's lap. Vaksara paused to allow everyone there to get comfortable before continuing.

“This forest was born out of grief, but not from Zuri. It was born from Nishka who could not accept the death of her sister and friend. She poured all of her magic into attempting to revive Siti. So much so that grass and flowers begun to bloom around them.” She paused to allow the shock to sink in. She giggled to herself as she checked on Ravi's expression. The young girl wore her emotions on her sleeves which made her reaction all the more over the top. Vaksara motioned to her jaw, pressing a finger to the sharp edges of chin. “You are drawing flies, dear.” The half elf's face flushed to the tips of her pointed ear as she closed her mouth. “Siti never came back to life, but her body also never fully decayed. From the story I was told, she was given a warrior's funeral and a curse was put onto the forest by Zuri for protection.”

“So...um. The forest is a tomb?” questioned a confused Ravi. “And you are here to loot the body? I have sooooo much questions!”

'Deep breaths, Vaksara. She's just a child.' thought the Yuan-ti as she inhaled sharply.

“The forest is a tomb. I will not be looting my aunt's remains...”she paused, trying to smooth the wrinkles between her brow. “I am here to finish what my mother, Nishka started.”

Comments: 1428 words of a possible WIP. I just felt like writing. I haven't written anything in years, so this was kinda rough. emotion_ghost

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:26 pm
emotion_ghost Day #4 emotion_ghost
Time spent: 2 hours

User Image

Comments: I took me awhile to get the anatomy close to human...and then even longer to decide on clothes. Might retry drawing this later xD emotion_ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:42 pm
emotion_ghost Day # 5 emotion_ghost
Time spent: 3 hours

User Image

Comments: Still working out the kinks on creating a new oc. Had fun coloring her and experimenting with color palettes l emotion_ghost

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:39 pm
emotion_ghost Day # 6 emotion_ghost
Time spent: 30 minutes or so

User Image

Comments: I felt like drawing a fish. I wanted to make more. Maybe next time. emotion_ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:42 pm
emotion_ghost Day # 7 emotion_ghost
Time spent: 20 minutes

User Image

Comments: I dunno. I just been wanting to draw fish and flowers. emotion_ghost

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:12 pm
emotion_ghost Day #8 emotion_ghost
Time spent: Dunno

User Image

Comments: Started doodling a face and went from there. Eyes are my one of my fave parts of the face to draw. emotion_ghost

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:12 am
emotion_ghost Day #9 emotion_ghost
Time spent: 30 minutes

User Image

Comments: Saw a cute hairstyle in a Chinese drama...I wanted to draw it and ended up with a cute Shiekah girl. XD emotion_ghost

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:51 am
emotion_ghost Day #10 emotion_ghost
Time spent: 30 minutes. Or however long an episode of the expanse is. XD

User Image

Comments: I drew while watching an episode..
And then was told to stop drawing and sleep cause it's 12:50 am emotion_ghost

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:25 pm
emotion_ghost Day # 11 emotion_ghost
Time spent: Not sure.

User Image

Comments: The fangirl in me clawed it's way outta her grave to work on a new oc for a new bae emotion_ghost

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:30 pm
emotion_ghost Day # 12 emotion_ghost
Time spent: Not sure

User Image

Comments: Relaxing. Saw a nice tree in Horizon while I was doodling vines emotion_ghost

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:11 pm
emotion_ghost Day # 13 emotion_ghost
Time spent: Not sure

User Image

Comments: Still working on that oc. She be looking kinda cute. XD emotion_ghost

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:01 am
emotion_ghost Day # 14 emotion_ghost
Time spent: Not sure.

User Image

Comments: Still messing around with this oc. Eventually I will figure a name for her. emotion_ghost

100 Days Event (2022)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff