Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What the f... The BIBLE GAME!? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:01 pm
Err... What the @#&#!?

I was out at the gamestop the other day, and saw something very interesting on the discount rack:

A shelf full of things labled "The Bible Game."

Honestly, WHAT in the #&^* *&@(* ARE the sorry @*#&@$%S thinking!?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:04 pm
I saw that game too. I bought one just to see what it was and it is the most pathetic game I've ever seen. There is one thing that just randomly happens called "God's Wrath" where you lose points you've gained. I gave it to one of my Satanist friends for his birthday as a joke. 3nodding  

Orson Welles

Pistil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:06 pm
I think I saw that.

I laughed.

People looked at me.

I pointed.

They joined.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:35 pm
It's like theological Monopoly then?  

HaileSelassie601993

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:14 am
gonk That game hurts me whenever I see it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:14 am
They use them more to teach the smaller children. Sad to say, I was once drafted in my church to teach the small ones. I felt horrible. We played that game...

Every sin takes you back and the desire to win makes you not want to sin and answer correctly so you can get to the end.

Pathetic teaching tool, though. Sure, they remembered what they did in the game and they used it to get out of things in their home. They were... angels. Hehe... so their parents thought. xd

Yami_Ichi

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:21 am
Yami_Ichi
Pathetic teaching tool, though. Sure, they remembered what they did in the game and they used it to get out of things in their home. They were... angels. Hehe... so their parents thought. xd

xd It's similar to how they say that kids from Catholic schools turn out to be the most rebellious, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:43 am
This game is kinda old now like a year old. anyways here is a funny review for those who has not seen the gameplay. Xplay reviews this game and Adam and Morgan really bash on this game just scroll down to the left side and check out the video review

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/features/53403/The_Bible_Game_Review.html
enjoy mrgreen  

Lesilrok

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:26 pm
shinobikun
This game is kinda old now like a year old. anyways here is a funny review for those who has not seen the gameplay. Xplay reviews this game and Adam and Morgan really bash on this game just scroll down to the left side and check out the video review

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/features/53403/The_Bible_Game_Review.html
enjoy mrgreen

Awesome! That was the most hilarious thing I have seen in AGES!!! rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:42 pm
PRIVATELY OWNED companies. What's your point?

Caustic Opinion Column piece of the day-
If you're going to curse, curse. Don't imply it and confuse the hell out of me with your damn symbols and random capitalized words.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:52 pm
c a u s t i c

Privately owned companies typically create a product with the hope for monetary success, not that it will advance their morality and drive them bankrupt.

c a u s t i c
If you're going to curse, curse. Don't imply it and confuse the hell out of me with your damn symbols and random capitalized words.

Somehow, I don't see you saying this if addseale2 had cursed. The point of the symbols is to build upon the comical quality of the game--to respond to it with real curses (representing real anger) would be to indicate it merits a serious response.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:53 pm
DivideByZero14
c a u s t i c

Privately owned companies typically create a product with the hope for monetary success, not that it will advance their morality and drive them bankrupt.

c a u s t i c

Somehow, I don't see you saying this if addseale2 had cursed. The point of the symbols is to build upon the comical quality of the game--to respond to it with real curses (representing real anger) would be to indicate it merits a serious response.
He didn't say anything really in the first post. I can't mind read. It's a privately owned company, I was looking at it in terms of the fact that they can do what they want. There are christian stores too, and the area I'm in is very conservative so they do well. It's the company's choice to make about what they try or don't try.
But yes, I guess you answered the question of where he was trying to go with that. I just didn't get much of anything out of the first post.

Honestly, WHAT in the #&^* *&@(* ARE the sorry @*#&@$%S thinking!?

^That did not come across as an attempt to "build upon the comical quality of the game." I mentioned the randomly capitalized words and overuse of symbols. In my opinion, their use just didn't convey anything to me. I meant that if he did intend to curse, then doing so would have been easier to read.

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:52 pm
I'm sorry, caustic, I was rather bitter in that post. redface No hard feelings?

c a u s t i c
In my opinion, their use just didn't convey anything to me. I meant that if he did intend to curse, then doing so would have been easier to read.

Ease of reading must bend before the mighty idol of LITERATURE AS ART! Let her true message be heard (even if it completely unmarketable)! rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:55 pm
I've had the good fortune not to have ever seen that game. But here's another one:

Left Behind: Eternal Forces

Though I think I'd want to be left behind after the Rapture. Personally. You know. A world without Pat Robertson would be pretty spiffy.

S. Shark

HaileSelassie601993

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:28 pm
If all Christians disappeared at once, then I would still have my friends, Sub-Saharan Africa would be less crowded (not that it is very crowded right now), and we would all burn in hell.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff