Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
the "emo" label Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this correct?
  of course, and you are god!
  no, and i am stupid and worthless
View Results

ghostbuster777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:40 pm
what is wrong with this picture?...emo is music...not a group of people, and then people think it means emotional...if that were true...then everyone would be "emo"...i seriously think its stupid when people call people emo, and then call bands like simple plan emo...and fall out boy..and it makes me angry...and what is even worse...is when people call themselves emo, i have been labeled since junior high...then i was called "goth" i had like only jeans and plaid pants, wore band t-shirts and cartoon shirts...and i had a stud band...aparently thats goth to them...i listened to punk, i still do, i listen to punk rock, ska, hardcore, Oi!, emo, Screamo, and post hardcore, now mostly scream and emo and even some techno punk/ techno emo stuff. and i get called emo, though i dont dress different....at all...or act really...so fksajdf;sdjfdsaj;lfs, if you think im wrong, i know your wrong, if you think im right, then congradulations, you have a brain in your skull...hmm...if i think of more to say i will edit...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:04 pm
Lots of the kiddies here don't seem to understand this fact.  

finding emotive

ghostbuster777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:45 pm
well im glad to see you do, and that people actually do, i mean on gaia i usually see stuff like " I R H473 t3h em05" so yeah...but 5 voted yes so good  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:50 pm
Emo is a style of music. Emos are people who are fans of that style of music. Fans of the music seem to like to show they are fans, so they dress the way they do.
Anyway, if they go around sayind "OMG I AM TEH EMO HAX!" they're just posers...
If you dress like how emo bands dress, and you like emo music, then you're an emo.
That's my theory anyway.
Anyway, people judge other people by how they look more than how they really are, so it's expected.
Call me stupid if you want, maybe I am.
But the emo label, which may be nonexistant, was built from how the band members dressed, and what they sang about [love obsessions, and stuff like that], so most people who wear what emo bands wear, slit their wrist because of love, look depressed, and etc are considered "emo."

And again, this is just what I think...  

The Juggler-er

finding emotive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:55 pm
Eieni
Emo is a style of music. Emos are people who are fans of that style of music. Fans of the music seem to like to show they are fans, so they dress the way they do.
If you dress like how emo bands dress, and you like emo music, then you're an emo.
That's my theory anyway.
Anyway, people judge other people by how they look more than how they really are, so it's expected.
But the emo label, which may be nonexistant, was built from how the band members dressed, and what they sang about [love obsessions, and stuff like that], so most people who wear what emo bands wear, slit their wrist because of love, look depressed, and etc are considered "emo."

None of the real emo bands ever dressed that way, only bands that some people call Neo Emo ever do.
The stereotypic emo style even changed, it used to be about looking poor and dirty, and nothing to do with wrist slitting.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:27 pm
ppl just ... need to lable ppl. like, the label helps them see if they have the same taste in music, fashion, movies, etc.
by saying you are 'emo', other 'emo' kids will talk to you, 'cuz odds are, you like the same stuff.
i don't think it's really BAD to label ppl, it's just when you go all, 'omg, emos are sooo gay, like literally, they are ALL fags, bla bla bla.'
it's when ppl start being losers like that, that it buggs me.
but i find nothing wrong with being called 'emo'. it just means that if i wanna find some ppl with the same interests, i just look for other 'emos'.  

x The Emo Cat x

ghostbuster777

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:25 pm
you have no self respect, when they call you emo, its not a good thing, they mean, you cut your wrist, have your hair over one eye...think emo is emotional and you are, (everyone is so therefore everyone would be "emo") and where you say an "emo" is a follower...no, its not, because you dont call a person who likes techno techno, or somone who likes rap rap...the term emo makes me angry now...from the mouths of the un-educated i mean, because they are stupid...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:27 pm
finding emotive
Eieni
That's my theory anyway.

None of the real emo bands ever dressed that way, only bands that some people call Neo Emo ever do.
The stereotypic emo style even changed, it used to be about looking poor and dirty, and nothing to do with wrist slitting.

uh yea kinda, look at rites of spring  

.Second Best.

[ The Emo Ninja ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:20 pm
I'd like to say some things for this topic. Yes, emo is a music label, but it has now stretched over to being a stereotype. Now, I have labeled myself as being emo only for the fact that I mainly listin to emo genre music. I don't cut myself. I don't dress in all black and have studded belts or chains. I dress in my own style. I wear baggy, comfy jeans and baggy shirts. (( I have to get XL shirts for their length only. I'm actually pretty skinny. sweatdrop )) I don't even have clothes from Hot Topic. All my clothes are from either Aero or A.E. So, according to previous posts about what is considered emo, yes I am emo. I listin to the music and basicly nothing else. I now open the floor to your comments. And please, ignore any spelling errors. I am well aware that my spelling and typing skills suck. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:26 pm
[-Hey Its Me-]
finding emotive
Eieni
That's my theory anyway.

uh yea kinda, look at rites of spring

They didn't wear tight black clothes, dyed black hair, studded accessories or cut themselves.  

finding emotive

The Esoteric

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:19 am
It's a genre of music turned label.

People looked at the guys in the "Emo Bands", and said, "Hey....that kid in my 3rd period class looks like that....I think I'll call him, 'Emo'"

Pathetic bastards....

The world would be a better place without labels.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:43 pm
Ok, I am srry, but ur right and wrong. Ur right cuz emo isnt a lable for humans, but for a type of music. BUT ur r wrong about the emo not meaning emotional. The history of "emo bands, and clothes" goes back about 10, 20 years ago. Back then ppl didnt put a whole lot of emotion into their music. And they didnt really wear "different" things. But a group of ppl decided to be "non-comformists" and decided to make their own type of music, known as emotional music. Or Emo music for short. And they even made their own type of clothes. Their music and clothes were based off of "Gothic music and clothes, and Soft Rock music and clothes" After a few years, industries decided to make "Emo" clothes, based off of the new group of friends that started emo. This made the label "Emo" for humans occur. And ever since then ppl have been called emo if they wear "emo". And also, punk and emo have been confused. Example, Green Day is NOT emo, they r PUNK.

~m3~  

HeartlezzHero

finding emotive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:24 pm
HeartlezzHero
Ok, I am srry, but ur right and wrong. Ur right cuz emo isnt a lable for humans, but for a type of music. BUT ur r wrong about the emo not meaning emotional. The history of "emo bands, and clothes" goes back about 10, 20 years ago. Back then ppl didnt put a whole lot of emotion into their music. And they didnt really wear "different" things. But a group of ppl decided to be "non-comformists" and decided to make their own type of music, known as emotional music. Or Emo music for short. And they even made their own type of clothes. Their music and clothes were based off of "Gothic music and clothes, and Soft Rock music and clothes" After a few years, industries decided to make "Emo" clothes, based off of the new group of friends that started emo. This made the label "Emo" for humans occur. And ever since then ppl have been called emo if they wear "emo". And also, punk and emo have been confused. Example, Green Day is NOT emo, they r PUNK.

~m3~

You really dont know very much do you? Emo cant be short for emotional because all music is emotional in one way or another, sure emo is a little more emotional than the average genre but its also got a hardcore punk sound, but that together and you now have Emotive Hardcore. And what the current emo scene is hasn't got anything to do with real emo, the old emo scene was just another bed stereotype, alot like the punk scene. And Green Day arn't really punk, well, maybe pop-punk and thats pushing it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:46 pm
green day punk? BLASPHAMY!!!...green day is one of the worst bands EVER, and are certainly not punk, and you said they werent emo, who in there right mind would call them emo?????...green day is pop rock, and they suck horribly  

ghostbuster777

[Sparkle Motion]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:44 am
ghostbuster777
what is wrong with this picture?...emo is music...not a group of people, and then people think it means emotional...if that were true...then everyone would be "emo"...i seriously think its stupid when people call people emo, and then call bands like simple plan emo...and fall out boy..and it makes me angry...and what is even worse...is when people call themselves emo, i have been labeled since junior high...then i was called "goth" i had like only jeans and plaid pants, wore band t-shirts and cartoon shirts...and i had a stud band...aparently thats goth to them...i listened to punk, i still do, i listen to punk rock, ska, hardcore, Oi!, emo, Screamo, and post hardcore, now mostly scream and emo and even some techno punk/ techno emo stuff. and i get called emo, though i dont dress different....at all...or act really...so fksajdf;sdjfdsaj;lfs, if you think im wrong, i know your wrong, if you think im right, then congradulations, you have a brain in your skull...hmm...if i think of more to say i will edit...
EEEK I feel the same way o___0 ever since forever I was "gothic" then this year i was emo... even though i started dressing a little different. It's like emo and scene have swept the nation. I mean i like the music... but basically everyone's emo. woot. I don't feel stupid for being the only one who felt like that now sweatdrop  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games