Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Jobs. !$!$ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A
  stupid poll.
  Shut up.
  DOMO ATTACK *CHOMP*
View Results

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:14 pm
Yes'm.
I'm looking for employment. Haven't really started looking, but I'm going to. I promise. Eventually. >.>
I was just curious about where you fine folk are employed or have been employed, and what ever else you want to share about the topic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:32 pm
Well, my first job was at an Animal Hospital, and I ended up working there for a long time. I started as a kennel attendant (cleaning poo and feeding), but before I left I was a Veterinary Assistant (taking blood, doing analysis, and assisting surgery). Now that I'm in college I work at Pruis Hall (setting up for orchestral concerts, band concerts, movies, plays, lectures, and special perfromances), but durring the summer I just work at good old Blockbuster Video.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:10 pm
My first job, a few years back was with a marine science group whose job was to go to boys and girls clubs/year round schools, to educate them about animal life, and the environment.

It was really really fun. I went back this year to do it again, so that is my current job as well.

I don't have that job anymore...I thought I'd update that part. I ended during the summer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:09 am
I'm currently unemployed. gonk  

Orson Welles

Joey Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:32 am
I make the interwebs. Graphically and code wise.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:35 pm
Sorry i was out midterms mrgreen

I work at a video store and it kicks a**. you should try it or never resort to this I used to work at Universal studio hollywood. Although here is the bad truth and it isnt pretty everyone who works at the park really hate their jobs and would love to quit but they are desperate for money and you are forced to be happy or else.... evil  

Lesilrok

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:29 pm
Everyone here has such cool jobs... I'm jealous of Dathu's... I wanna work with puppies. I have to clean poo on the weekends anyways, it'd be a bonus to get paid for it.

Currently, I'm unemployed. But during the summer, I work at a pool store. Unless you're looking for like full time with benefits and stuff, I would work for a small company. Why? Cause you can get to know the people you work with better and, as far as I've found out, the manager cares a little more about their employees since there aren't a gazillion (like Universal) people working there.

My first job ever though was... at a car wash. I got fired two weeks afterwards. Sadness... v.v Not only that, but they only paid us 4.15/hr and expected us to make the rest of tips (which usually worked if you were out drying the cars). But I was always doing the vaccums, guess I wasn't fast enough with the towels, and so I never got tips. My one and only paycheck was like eighteen dollars. Cause they always sent me home early... crying Its cause I'm ugly isn't it? Isn't it, you sexist pigs!

... sorry... I'm a little bitter... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:43 pm
I worked as an English tutor in college. It was a good job. If we didn't have customers, I could surf the web. It was a good job and taught me a lot about grammar.

Next I worked in a bookstore for three years. It was physically hard sometimes-- lots of heavy boxes to lift, but I always knew all the cool books coming out.

After that I worked in a bank for one year. The pay and holidays were much better than anyplace else, and if I'd still been in college, they would have paid for any classes that were banking or marketting or business related. Unfortunately, in January, I got fired for accepting a forged check for deposit.

Now I work for Subway, and it's the shittiest job I've ever had. I routinely work eleven hour days, and the pay isn't enough to keep me in food. I do get sandwiches on days when I work, though, so I only starve on my off-days.

Friday I have an interview to be a dog groomer, and I hope I get it. The pay won't be much more, but at least the hours will be regular, and I don't think that the work could be harder.

Dande_Lion

coriander18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:56 am
I've done alot of volunteer work before. Mainly for the local battered women shelter. Best Experience there. I learned so much and really loved it there. But to become an actual employed person there, most of them have schooling and s**t which I don't have.

So now I work at a gas station. It's horriable. I have to deal with crackheads and homeless people all day. Plus I get paid s**t, get no benefits.
Also I never talk about religion at work. The owners are from India and are religous and I also work with christians. I'm afraid what would happen if I mention I'm an athiest brought up by Satanists. neutral

I've been trying to find something at a thrift store or something where they wont care if I dye my hair blue.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:36 pm
coriander18
Also I never talk about religion at work. The owners are from India and are religous and I also work with christians. I'm afraid what would happen if I mention I'm an athiest brought up by Satanists. neutral

I don't want to think about it... domokun  

DivideByZero14

Redem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:28 am
Unemployed and looking.

My last job was as receptionist/administrator at a potato packing company.

I need a new job ._.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:40 pm
So eh yeah my jobs... well i've had one since i was 13. Right now i get paid $8.00 an hour (raise comming soon cause im good with the customers). Its at a bead store and 'gallery' but its not really a gallery. I sell stuff to make jewelry to people and i restock stuff and get suplies ready to be stocked. I occausonaly teach classes on how to make jewelry for $20 per person and i do kids birthday parties $7 per person. Omg the last birthday party i did was (just me teaching... their mom just sat there) 13 8year olds and a three year old! Im begining to get more hours too so thats happy. I mentioned to the boss i might want to apply for a job at subway because i was only working 4 hours a night a week and ocausonaly saturdays. so after that they gave me more hours because even though im 15 and most of my coworkers are 30+ i know a shitload more stuff than they do. Its pretty funny customers will totaly bipass me and ask the older worker and then the older worker will turn to me and ask me. ITs like BOYA! anyways... happy happy  

E_Night

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:13 am
E_Night
So eh yeah my jobs... well i've had one since i was 13. Right now i get paid $8.00 an hour (raise comming soon cause im good with the customers). Its at a bead store and 'gallery' but its not really a gallery. I sell stuff to make jewelry to people and i restock stuff and get suplies ready to be stocked. I occausonaly teach classes on how to make jewelry for $20 per person and i do kids birthday parties $7 per person. Omg the last birthday party i did was (just me teaching... their mom just sat there) 13 8year olds and a three year old! Im begining to get more hours too so thats happy. I mentioned to the boss i might want to apply for a job at subway because i was only working 4 hours a night a week and ocausonaly saturdays. so after that they gave me more hours because even though im 15 and most of my coworkers are 30+ i know a shitload more stuff than they do. Its pretty funny customers will totaly bipass me and ask the older worker and then the older worker will turn to me and ask me. ITs like BOYA! anyways... happy happy

xd xd Thats awesome.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:51 am
ZOMBIFIED!

Meh, I'm at work right now. It sucks though because today is the first day in over five months that it's been more that 65° outside. The sun is shining, the air is warm, and I have to listen to Jr. High kids play Bach, BADLY! I'd rather be outside playing tennis or drinking while I tan, and then to make things worse, my co-worker decided he wasn't comming in. So I had to set up and I'll have to tear down by myself. stare And then I gotta come back later and work some more! scream  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:15 pm
Hmmm...
Well, seeing as how I'm not even out of the 7th grade, I don't have a real job. I do write a spoof on one of my gaian friends website, A Scribed World. Check it out, It's under HP fan fiction. I'm also a member of the Archivists group, so that's like the staff...
I really want to be a writer when I get older. That would be so friggin' awesome. I could take Weird Al's job from him, or write for SNL. biggrin

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff