Reply Full Moon wo Sagashite
Help me. Please. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:05 pm

Spoilers, guys. Minimal, but spoilers nonetheless. Tread carefully.

Most of us here have read Full Moon wo/o Sagashite and many of us are familiar with the heavenly rivals of Mitsuki's love: Takuto Kira and Eichi Sakurai. Heavenly not only due to looks, but because both are in some process of, shall we say, "life after death".

Now, we all know Eichi can't be with Mitsuki. He's dead, he's not a shinigami, and he can't interact with Mitsuki.

Takuto can get Mitsuki's attention, he can care for her despite his inhuman state, he can love her, support her, and be with her.

I can't get over myself, apparently. I'm somewhat of a first impressionist. When I first read the manga, I was completely taken and blown away by the storyline and childhood sort of romance between Eichi and Mitsuki, and I was hooked. They were adorable together and so perfect, every way you looked at it. And, yes, I did know that this was a manga: a fantasy-world dreamt up by someone and put to good use. But I couldn't help myself; Eichi was the sort of guy I always adored - nurturing, kind, and supportive.

And then he took a step back out of Mitsuki's life and Takuto came in. I didn't like Takuto at all. Sure, he looked cool, but he just seemed so uncaring and obnoxious at first. I'm somewhat of a first-impressionist. Those two descriptions clash horribly.

The manga's main romance line is between Mitsuki and Takuto; she finally grows on Takuto and discovers that she had to move on from Eichi and then falls in love with Takuto.

Problem is, I still don't like the guy. He annoys the crap out of me and everything he does is so...drastic and rough. I love this manga, and I want my opinion to change about one of the most important characters, no matter how fictitious he may be.

So...anyone want to tell me how to like him? Some good points? Some moments where he could make any girl melt? Thanks. xD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:02 am
k, i think they r both like, really sweet guys. i just felt so sad that Eichi had died and Mitsuki never got the chance to say "I love you" to him. i imagine the horrible way it must have felt when she found out. and i haven't read the entire story, so my opinion is limited. sweatdrop
Takuto i think was, yes, very obnoxious. but he meant well in his own way and that was his own personality.  

supermonkey_akira

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:20 pm
Eh... I'm pretty ok with Takuto xd He only seems obnoxious because he's one of those characters that don't like to show their 'lovey-dovey' emotions like Eichi can. So whenever he's arguing with Mitsuki, it's only because he cares and he doesn't want her to get hurt. 3nodding

1) When he promised to help her--this shows that he cares for her and that despite the shinigami administration's strict rules, he still feels sympathy for her situation. This shows that he's warm-hearted.

2) When they were younger and Mitsuki was only little and Takuto was still alive and in Route: L, he and Mitsuki made a bond and he promised to her that if she ever needed anything, he'd always be there for her. (There's a picture that goes with that... like, he was patting her head and she had a ball in her hand).

3) After Madoka stole Full Moon's lyrics, Mitsuki tried to make another set to sing but Takuto ripped them up--yes that was bad BUT he convinced her that to sing something half-heartedly was not good and that if anything, she should sing from her heart. Thsi made her realize that even if the lyrics are different, the message carried out by the lyrics will still be the same IF she sings from the heart.

... I'm pretty sure that there's more but I can't remember gonk ... and if I'm wrong on these examples, please tell me because I haven't read the manga in a while....  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:21 am
I liked Takuto a lot better than Eichi... Everyone goes on and on about how kind and what not that Eichi is... But the fact of the matter is that he is dead. So is Takuto, but a lot less so than Eichi in the fact that he can interact with Mitsuki. So I guess I had the opposite reaction. I hated Eichi more than anything cause he was in the way of Mitsuki and Takuto.

And while Takuto is far from the perfect guy, he's also very caring and protective. Leri's pointed out some good scenes. There's also when he protected her from Meroko and various other things he's done for her. But while Takuto may not be the kind person Eichi is, he can also sympathize (even if he doesn't know why at first) a lot better with Mitsuki. He knows what it means to lose one's voice and rather die because of it.

I don't know... but 'perfect' guys like Eichi are scary to me. I always keep looking for that imperfection you know has to be there and hope it's not absolutely horrible. And if they're perfect, what does that make me? lol...

I like the rougher characters because they're generally more honest. While Takuto couldn't always say what he meant, he had a straight forward passion that I liked.

But then... I do sort of agree with Kaze... Izumi just rocks. xd  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:38 pm
Izumi is freaking awesome...x3 But I won't stray off topic.

My thing with Eichi was that even when nobody else saw the things that were wrong with him, I did. He sort of "hid" his hatred of the moon and pretended that he was all right with it so he didn't worry Mitsuki. I wouldn't call that perfection. I would say that he was imperfect because he feared rejection from the one person who understood him, WANTED to understand and be with him, and he couldn't tell what say what he felt at first towards her namesake because then that person would be gone.

And for whatever reason, I thought that was the sweetest thing. He loved her so much, he didn't want her to go.

Thanks for the scenarios, Leri. Hopefully by the time volume 6 and 7 roll around, there will be more moments added that can finally let me get to enjoy reading about him.

Even if the one thing I think is what's keeping me from liking he and Mitsuki together is their age difference. confused

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:47 pm

That was actually the other thing that creeped me out about Eichi, lol. Takuto is dead and therefore had no age in my book. But Eichi was a 16 year old in love with a 10 year old... lol, I guess by the time I found out how much older Takuto was than Mitsuki I was far too much into my disliking of Eichi to care. I suppose I liked him a little better at the very end, but that was about it...  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Mitsukiyume

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:49 am
Lepidus Light

And then he took a step back out of Mitsuki's life and Takuto came in. I didn't like Takuto at all. Sure, he looked cool, but he just seemed so uncaring and obnoxious at first. I'm somewhat of a first-impressionist. Those two descriptions clash horribly.

Problem is, I still don't like the guy. He annoys the crap out of me and everything he does is so...drastic and rough. I love this manga, and I want my opinion to change about one of the most important characters, no matter how fictitious he may be.

don't worry... you weren't the only one to dislike takuto.. i can offer no tips on how to 'like' him better, cause i just don't like him. he's a jerk, and i'm also a first impressionist. if they treat me with disrespect, i will be a (censored) to him/her. i, myself was also hooked oh to mitsuki and eichii's love for they should have been together.. >< for WITHOUT HIM...would mitsuki have met takuto?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:21 pm
Mitsukiyume

don't worry... you weren't the only one to dislike takuto.. i can offer no tips on how to 'like' him better, cause i just don't like him. he's a jerk, and i'm also a first impressionist. if they treat me with disrespect, i will be a (censored) to him/her. i, myself was also hooked oh to mitsuki and eichii's love for they should have been together.. >< for WITHOUT HIM...would mitsuki have met takuto?

Thank you so much for offering this consolence. You are one of the one of the only people I've met who doesn't like Takuto, but also likes Eichi and Mitsuki's love. ^__^ That IS true, but I think what people are trying to say is that Takuto acts harshly towards those around him, but he does have a kind spirit.

I see the scenes of him being kind and such, but I just can't bring myself to like him any more than the next "hot" anime guy.

Lepidus Light

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:54 pm
Mm... but you have to admit though; usually Tanemura Arina's main male characters are her 'bishounen' stated ones....

(ex. Chiaki) sweatdrop

It's ok if you don't like Takuto, Lepidus Light, we respect that. 3nodding It's just like how I don't like Chiaki very much.... xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:25 pm
Well... I'm not THAT much into Takuto... but he has protected her many many times... a way to like him? I guess its either you like him or you don't o_O
But the reason I think he acts so harshly is because... when he WAS a human he trusted Wakaoji very much because they were band partners... and then Wakaoji did the surgery on him when he didn't want it. Wakaoji did it out of compassion for Takuto but Takuto wanted his voice more than anything so he jumped/fell off of the building. I think the reason he has such a hard time trusting people is because he was sort of stabbed in the back by one of his closest friends in his human life. I'm not much of an explainer though... thats just my opinion on things...
Eichi I think is awesome... but I agree that he was almost TOO perfect o_O Although he did leave Takuto with a curse in one of the volumes I read... oh and by the way MemoryDragon when they were together at the orphanage Eichi was 14 not 16 xP two hints being (1) in Volume 1 she was 12 when it started out and she said "Wow 16... that was my dream to be the same age as Eichi just 4 years older..." Or something along those lines... and (2) in the third volume when it shows the list of deaths it marks Eichi as 14... Unless there is a difference between the original japanese version and the translated one ^^;  

newgurl1509

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:32 pm
Fullmoon_Meroko
Well... I'm not THAT much into Takuto... but he has protected her many many times... a way to like him? I guess its either you like him or you don't o_O
But the reason I think he acts so harshly is because... when he WAS a human he trusted Wakaoji very much because they were band partners... and then Wakaoji did the surgery on him when he didn't want it. Wakaoji did it out of compassion for Takuto but Takuto wanted his voice more than anything so he jumped/fell off of the building. I think the reason he has such a hard time trusting people is because he was sort of stabbed in the back by one of his closest friends in his human life. I'm not much of an explainer though... thats just my opinion on things...
Eichi I think is awesome... but I agree that he was almost TOO perfect o_O Although he did leave Takuto with a curse in one of the volumes I read... oh and by the way MemoryDragon when they were together at the orphanage Eichi was 14 not 16 xP two hints being (1) in Volume 1 she was 12 when it started out and she said "Wow 16... that was my dream to be the same age as Eichi just 4 years older..." Or something along those lines... and (2) in the third volume when it shows the list of deaths it marks Eichi as 14... Unless there is a difference between the original japanese version and the translated one ^^;

I think there was... sweatdrop

But if Mitsuki's 12... and Eichi's four years older than her, he'd be 16 then.

There could have been a difference between the two versions. In the english version, they might have changed his age for the sake of the readers for the fact that 12 year old & 16 year old = BIGGG maturity difference. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:43 pm
Leri
Fullmoon_Meroko

There could have been a difference between the two versions. In the english version, they might have changed his age for the sake of the readers for the fact that 12 year old & 16 year old = BIGGG maturity difference. sweatdrop

At the orphanage she was 10 while Eichi was 14 but anyways four years is pretty big but only because they're so young... if it were say a 26 year old woman and a 30 year old man it'd be just fine  

newgurl1509

dianakitsune

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:38 pm
I love Takuto biggrin

I guess I like him for the all reasons you don't so umm... sweatdrop not much help am I?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:55 pm
Leri

If they changed their ages in the English version, a looot of people would have complained. Yes, four years is a big difference when you're young, but when you're older, it isn't as bad. Plus, (spoiler) when they actually do get together at the end, they've both aged quite a bit.  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:39 pm
Hee Hee ^o^ I don't understand why you like Eichi better than Takuto. But then again I'm like in love with Takuto (just like 1 of my friends is in love with inuyasha, another-miroku, another-sesshoumaru and miroku, another-kakashi, ect ect)  
Full Moon wo Sagashite

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff