Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
New hitch hikers toys/collectables Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

layzy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:28 am
ok, im in a library so i better hurry the hell up so here goes
2 minutes left oh god!

User Image
oooh so collectable!
User Image
info on the toys
User Image
super collectables
User Image

I wonder if these tshirts will be sold?
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:48 pm
Why does Zahpod have one head and two arms?

And why does it call the gun 'Marvin's gun' instead of a Kill-O-Zap?  

Ollaolas

circuit sparks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:49 pm
Ollaolas

Zaphod's second head and third arm are both hiding.. seriously. I'm not being a smartass. xd http://www.hitchhikersmovie.com ..the trailer shows what I'm talking about exactly. I'm pretty sure I also heard somewhere that Douglas Adams had this as an idea for Zaphod.

As for the 'Marvin's gun' thing.. that I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:55 am
Ollaolas

User Image

and im sure the gun will be referred to as the kill o zap in the film  

layzy

Hiei_no_miko

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:36 pm
I want a Marvin Plushie!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:51 pm
Hiei_no_miko
I want a Marvin Plushie!

Agreed! My life would become soooo complete if I had a Marvin plushie!  

LifeLoveandstuff

Ollaolas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Dynam1c
Ollaolas

User Image

Now that's just weird. In the book his heads were side to side.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:10 am
Ollaolas
Dynam1c
Ollaolas

User Image

Now that's just weird. In the book his heads were side to side.

yea it was a shock for me too, i had to go through the horror of thinking zaphod had only one head in the film when i saw the pictures, thats untill i saw the trailor, OH THE JOY! whee  

layzy

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:18 pm
LifeLoveandstuff
Hiei_no_miko
I want a Marvin Plushie!

Agreed! My life would become soooo complete if I had a Marvin plushie!

I want one, too! And an Arthur figurine.

It says these are Series 1 figurines and plushies. I wonder if there will be more released later.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:21 pm
Must...have...all...plushies! Even the action figures are nice - but no Ford? crying Oh well, he's just not worth it without red hair. gonk

I wonder if the Zaphod toys actually feature his additional body parts? ...prolly not, damn cheap marketing people stare

And I'm assuming that the gun is called "Marvin's gun" because it is in fact Marvin's gun and not at all a Kill-O-Zap gun. It doesn't even look like one - too white, too smooth, too rounding, not very scary looking (at least, no scarier than the average gun).

Aww, the Ford plushie comes with towel and satchel! heart (for covering drains and panels no doubt ninja )  

Yuki-Onna Reed

layzy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:09 pm
Spike_Theta
Must...have...all...plushies! Even the action figures are nice - but no Ford? crying Oh well, he's just not worth it without red hair. gonk

I wonder if the Zaphod toys actually feature his additional body parts? ...prolly not, damn cheap marketing people stare

And I'm assuming that the gun is called "Marvin's gun" because it is in fact Marvin's gun and not at all a Kill-O-Zap gun. It doesn't even look like one - too white, too smooth, too rounding, not very scary looking (at least, no scarier than the average gun).

Aww, the Ford plushie comes with towel and satchel! heart (for covering drains and panels no doubt ninja )

hey maybe ford is in series 2 of the figures, have you realised theres no "hhg" for sale as a toy? it seems the most obvious choice of a toy to be made  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:20 pm
I already posted a link to those same exact toys, and no one said anything... ; ;

God...I want the Marvin action figure.
gonk  

Meatless Cheeze

Stratavarian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:35 pm
I can already tell that the marketing for this is going to bother me.

When hot topic sells a green 42 T-shirt, i'll know that things have gone horribly awry.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:42 pm
Stratavarian
I can already tell that the marketing for this is going to bother me.

When hot topic sells a green 42 T-shirt, i'll know that things have gone horribly awry.

You know anyone who sells 42 shirts now?
I'm too lazy to bootleg my own T-shirts, so anywhere I can buy merchandise for something I love...

I personally believe that it is fundamentally impossible for HHGG to sell out. Its very basis, its very principles are based upon the essential beauty of the universe. It shines with an inner light. It is aglow with goodness and love and light and beautiful shiny wingythings. Heavenly beams are cast down upon it. Choirs of angels burst into song, accompanied by Mark Knopfler and J.S. Bach and some people with cellos and Procol Harum and George Harrison (because I like him!). And so forth. Unlimited rice pudding, etc. etc.

Furthermore, the only people who are going to buy this stuff are the people who love HHGG! I don't see why the film would appeal to gothypunkposers...I mean, it's not like it's Nightmare Before Christmas...

Rrrargh, so much rage at Tim Burton now. WE ALREADY HAD A MOVIE OF THAT! IT WORKED! IT WAS GREAT! TO HELL WITH JOHNNY DEPP! GENE WILDER FOREVERZ!!!!1one1!!1!one!

*ahem* Um. Anyways. sweatdrop

And it wouldn't appeal to the uberpreppie crowd either. At least not if we dress up freaky enough for the premiere (say "premiere" in a French accent. thank you.). ninja I know I'm doing my part. I'm gonna wear petunias in my hair, and if anyone asks why, I'll say, "Oh no, not again." Add to that my dressing gown and my leather satchel and my towel (anyone here wanna wear blue suede shoes?) and one of those little Swedish gummi fish stuffed in my ear, and we'll have those preppies driven off in no time (well, the ones we don't convert. But we're definitely eliminating the ones who, for example, don't use Google because it's ugly and plain (yes. this is true.). We'll have to make up their noncontribution to the box office gross by attempting to see if it's physically possibly for one person to see one movie 42 times in three days mrgreen ).

Oh yes. So bring them t-shirts on, for the DNA fans of the world. We got brains and we know how to use them. Well, at least the part not occupied by penguins. heart

(edit: incidentally, this here is my 126th post. Which is equal to 3 Dents. mrgreen )
(also, is it just me, or does this post come off as extremely ranty? Ah well, what price for justice... Personally, I blame Tim Burton. stare *muttermutter*)  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Syllie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:32 am
Hummm...NOT how I invisioned the characters at all...I had more pictured Marvin as a very gloomy, very human based robot...Not a chibi. eek

I wish Disney had left this series alone...I know they're going to ******** it up.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games