42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Bi ther's got to be some hope for girls
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 28

meow-meow-nao

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:51 am
Excuse me in one of the authors notes Kaori says Kato (angel sanctuary)is gay (not that there's a problem) but then in one of the time he was talking with Setsuna he talked about dating girls I'm confuzed O-o;..... I was wondering do you know for sure if he's gay or bi eek  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:31 am
Maybe he was just talking about it because he didn't want people to think he was gay?

Where did she write it anyways, I must've missed it. Or maybe I just haven't come that far yet. sweatdrop  

Vi Sparklemist

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:18 pm
I think that trying to figure out the sexual orientation of manga characters (especially kaori yuki) would just give you a headache ^_^;
Kaori Yuki likes to tease I think...
Personally I think Katou being gay or bi is rather moot.
His relationship is really close with Kira, and I dont really think its about lust at all. Its a relationship that transcends eroticism, which makes it all that much sweeter in my eyes.
I just think that the relationship is rather one sided -_- ::pets Katou::  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:36 pm
She said it in a side note. I think it said that some readers sent her letters saying Katou seemed gay, and she said they might be right. And I have no idea whether he's gay, straight, or bi. It seems like he likes girls, but he has a very sweet relationship with Kira, so....  

Bemused Dreamer

ShadowIce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:02 pm
Quote from Volume 5:

Quote:
"No matter how you think about it, Kato is gay," an assistant said to me. To which I responded, "Yes, you're right." Well, so many people share that opinion of him. "

And that is the quote in question 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:55 am
I think he's gay, and I've thought so from the beginning. But his and Kira's relation is just friendship. Or so it is in my eyes, at least.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

meowpiggy15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:17 am
i thkn katos bi, because in the fourth book or so he was telling setsuna that he when out with girls and that when they cheated on him he would hit them, but kaori yuki dose mention in her side panel thing that someone said "no matter how u look at it kato's gay" annd she responds "yes he is" maby she got all confused,  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:21 am
There's been Kato x Kira suggestions?
I don't know what to think; on one side it's just aaaaawwwww heart

...But I think Kira would look better with... well, anybody else  

Vi Sparklemist

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:47 am
For some reason these questions about a character's sexuality bother me...
I mean...they're fictional...does it really matter o_O They can be anything you want them to be.
This is Kaori Yuki you're talking about...queen of ambiguity.

Much love to Katou though, he's a great character.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:47 pm
Aside from the fact that Kaori actually says that Kato is gay, having dated a few girls doesn't prove anything. He is, was, whatever, a highschooler, so he probably was unsure of his sexuality. Not only that, but as the member of a semi-violent gang, it would have probably been tough for him to just go out and pick up guys. That might explain also why girls cheated on him, I mean, if he was eyeing their brothers or something, the girls probably just gave up on him and figured they would try a guy who actually liked them.  

Momiji-Bunny

BlackHat
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:49 am
If the goddess says Kato is gay, hes probably in the closet gay...

But hes gay XD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:02 am
Sai-kun
I mean...they're fictional...does it really matter o_O They can be anything you want them to be.

When it comes to 'he/she's gay?!!? Gross!!!! ' people, I agree. But in this case, and according to the poll, we're just a bunch of fans discussing it. xd

I know I couldn't care less if he was gay or if he was straight, I've got nothing against either sexuality. That doesn't mean you can't discuss it, right? ^^  

Vi Sparklemist

Ghourry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:17 pm
In my opinion he's straight as a plank!
The first time I read Angel Sanctuary I never got the impression he was gay, and never have. This is the first I hear about it, and must admit, I'm crushed.

I love Katou and want him for ME heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:38 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Sai-kun

When it comes to 'he/she's gay?!!? Gross!!!! ' people, I agree. But in this case, and according to the poll, we're just a bunch of fans discussing it. xd

I know I couldn't care less if he was gay or if he was straight, I've got nothing against either sexuality. That doesn't mean you can't discuss it, right? ^^

Never said you couldnt discuss it other than sometimes such discussions get really pointless especially when trendy-fangirls get a hold on it and are like "OMG!! LIKE, KATOU is SOOOOO GAI!! Kaori Yuki even SAID SO. Teehee, BUTTSECKS!!! I LUV KATOU!"

if not that, threads like "Is Inuyasha gay" are just...grating on the nerves.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:45 am
Sai-kun

Never said you couldnt discuss it other than sometimes such discussions get really pointless especially when trendy-fangirls get a hold on it and are like "OMG!! LIKE, KATOU is SOOOOO GAI!! Kaori Yuki even SAID SO. Teehee, BUTTSECKS!!! I LUV KATOU!"

if not that, threads like "Is Inuyasha gay" are just...grating on the nerves.

Heh heh, of course ^^;
*feels like she was stabbed with her own Demonic Pitchfork*  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas