Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Avenged Sevenfold Guild
How very mature to hate a band once they become popular ... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gheg
  iughj
View Results

IAMSEX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:31 pm
As in A7X, my boyfriend told me how they can go die now and that he hates them because they've become mainstream.

That's very immature, and really stupid. I mean it's not their fault that more people like their music now. They need to make money, too.

Anyway, do you know anyone else with similar problems against A7X? If you do I suggest they get smacked over the head to set them straight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:38 pm
I AGREE!!! i have a friend who liked gc when they were not s opopular, and then was like no i don't like the manymore, same thing with greenday. ppl say the ydont' like it because its mainstream. not trying to atract flamers(even thos its inevitable) but green day sucks whether they're mainstream or under ground. i just dont' loike they're politacal views and i don't like bands who have t owrite songs aobut them. like holiday is about coruption of the government. and how bad a president bush is. i voted for him thank u. but yeah if your boy friend doesn't like a7x then yeah  

lekgoloslayer13

lekgoloslayer13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:39 pm
shame on him  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:31 am
I'm lucky all the people I now love A7X or they respect them... At least they don't talk against them whee  

Angel_Lucrezia

A.F.I.rocks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:26 pm
i definately agree, the people that say stuff like that say it's cause of the music. but they really don't know anything about the motivation behind music, i personally am a musician and bands are formed because they WANT people to hear their music and it just annoys me so much. i think that just cause a bands sound changes doesn't mean that it's bad, it shows growth and more musicality...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:37 pm
Yeah exactly. He just has this thing where he hates it when bands who normally scream send out albums where they start to sing more.

Yet he listens to Panic! At the Disco..tell me that's singing (well an attempt at singing anyway). So really I don't see the problem at all, they still sound awesome, they've just matured a little.

IAMSEX

A.F.I.rocks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:18 pm
exactly 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:50 pm
i only respect them more
they showed that if they stick to it they can make it
as they did  

Pretendavor_

Nurses Aids

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:55 am
IAMSEX
As in A7X, my boyfriend told me how they can go die now and that he hates them because they've become mainstream.

That's very immature, and really stupid. I mean it's not their fault that more people like their music now. They need to make money, too.

Anyway, do you know anyone else with similar problems against A7X? If you do I suggest they get smacked over the head to set them straight.

Happens all to offten. Alot of people see that once they go mainstream, a bunch of people they despise start likeing them, and then there almost too embarrased to say they like thier favorite band. It is rather immature.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:58 am
A good example is me. When I first started listening to A7X I loved them. Then I saw their fanbase(no offense) was mostly Warped kids and the like, with rabid fangirls thrown in. Itd be very easy for me to say I dont like them because of thier fans, but thats shallow and moronic, the music is still great.  

Nurses Aids

the-jedi-ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:39 pm
shame on people i will love a7x no matter how many people love them heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:31 am
No, I do not know anyone who doesn't like A7X because they are too mainstream. Thank god. D:  

tequila boom

tequila boom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:32 am
IAMSEX
Yeah exactly. He just has this thing where he hates it when bands who normally scream send out albums where they start to sing more.

Yet he listens to Panic! At the Disco..tell me that's singing (well an attempt at singing anyway). So really I don't see the problem at all, they still sound awesome, they've just matured a little.

According to my friend, M damaged his voice, so he could not scream like he used to.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:32 pm
a lot fo people i know dont know who a7x is/ or dont like there music anymore because they went mainstream.  

HOMGlulzhai

Love.From.Hate

5,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:53 pm
Yeah I'm that way with Fall Out Boy. Their music changed from a bit bouncy indie rock to mainstream pop/rock...
It depends. If they're mainstream, but still make good music, I'm fine. But some bands that go mainstream just change, and their personalities change. Then, I don't like them. But with A7x becoming popular (I don't think they're THAT mainstream...almost no one hears of them where I live) they still have the good music...as a matter of fact, I'm listening to M.I.A. right now!  
The Avenged Sevenfold Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff