Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Legal Action Against Your Local Stitch 'n b***h Groups? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:52 am
~
Stich 'n b***h clubs have existed since, well as long as I can remember. The phrase has gone back at least to the 80's when I was a kid and is commonly used to describe a group that gets together to sew or knit and socialize. However Sew Fast Sew Easy seems to think that they were the first to coin it in the late 90s, trademarked it, and are bullying stitch 'n' b***h groups across America.
It isn't right, and it's just plain low down.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:34 pm
That is so rude. What's wrong with them?  

LadyAnubis

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:38 pm
One word, greed.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:43 pm
Well, that too. But still, it's like when celebraties copyright tagwords and expect other people to pay to use them. It's just stupidity run wild.  

LadyAnubis

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:57 pm
What's really silly is that they're suing for "Stitch'n'b***h" when they only have the copyright on "Stitch and b***h" just because it's too close for comfort. *rolls eyes* So alllll the local Stitch'n'Bitches have to change their names because of this legal delimma. It's so dumb.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:47 pm
I was reading about this a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the first Stich and b***h groups were around in the 60's.

Since Stitch and b***h isn;t the name of their business, why the hell do they hold copyright?  

[Grendel]

ryoaie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:53 pm
ack, you woudln't think such a nice pleasent thing like sewing and knitting would cause such legal issues  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:45 pm
I'm thinking boycotts and countersuits would put them in their place. Or sewing fish into the seats of their cars. Nobody ever looks under the leather... twisted  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:37 pm
Yeah, but the fish don't deserve that kind of punishment. Poor fish crying biggrin crying biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:08 pm
I agree, I like fish too much to use them like that. I wonder if we could hot glue them (the execs) to their car seats? twisted
I believe that boycotts have already been called for. I shall have to go see what they sell so that I don't accidently buy their products.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Tes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:15 pm
Thurston Moore
I was reading about this a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the first Stich and b***h groups were around in the 60's.

Since Stitch and b***h isn;t the name of their business, why the hell do they hold copyright?
~
I was sure they were even around in the civil war era but I figured it could have been my imagination playing tricks on me but there were some zesty ladies then. The earliest I knew for sure though was when I was old enough to know about clubs and things, as a child, in the 80s. And I didn't want to make a fool of myself saying things that I didn't know.
~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:01 am
Eh, I'm glad I don't buy knitting/sewing/craft books anyway (I can't read patterns when it comes to knitting and I don't like to sew). People are stupid. And greedy.  

LadyAnubis

atticus_blackwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:08 am
I can't really do knitting patterns also.....they seem so difficult because they do all those anagrams and you don't really know if your doing it right because they don't give you a close up picture of the pattern.

I love to read those Stitch'n' b***h books they're cool and I found some at me book store and they had cool patterns in them....but thier too complicated for little me  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:41 am
AccentualWolf
Yeah, but the fish don't deserve that kind of punishment. Poor fish crying biggrin crying biggrin

Wait, see I'm into the whole pro animal rights thing so I know how to get around this.

Fish die every day, it's just a fact of life. Now it may take a little longer to wait for the dead ones, but it'd be worth it! xd

>.>

I guess it probably makes me twisted that I've thought that far into it... but in general I'm just against asshatery.  

onnawaffle

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:19 pm
Whose "brilliant" idea was it to let people copyright this sort of phrase? You can't copyright book titles--why is this any different?  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff