Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Have you all forgotten Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think were loosing ourselves
  no
  yes
  maybe
View Results

Loyal Destiny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:41 am
alot of you have forgotten what emo is
its about emotion and having feeling and understanding
not just becouse you dress that way
or listen to emo music
im not saying all of you are that way
just the lot of you
and ive also seen alot of rude comments
like when someone says a band they like SOME of the people not all say "Thats not emo" DOESNT MATTER
im just getting kind of sick with this  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:02 pm
No you've misunderstood
Typically what you've explained is more about modern times, and what the media has allowed people to believe
emo used to be about hardcore punks starting something new, creating anarchy
Now it's about people having to dye their hair black and become bi-sexual..it's kind of lost all meaning
People think it's about feeling because of emotional but that's actually incorrect  

Lethyz

Switchblade Saint

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:50 pm
I think your both right to an extent, emo is about hte music and the emotion attached to it, it isn't a stereotype or a style at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:18 am
i agree with everyone on this page... not really sure what emo really is cause people have so diffrent meanings to it...  

blue_moon27

phish cakes = luff

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:53 am
..Switchblade Saint...
I think your both right to an extent, emo is about hte music and the emotion attached to it, it isn't a stereotype or a style at all.

but people stereotype emos all the time! neutral everyone thinks we cut and that we're all bi. or gay. i dont really think you can say its not a stereotype, but just because it is, doesnt mean you have to follow it to be emo. neutral i mean, i listen to the beatles almost as much as i listen to taking back sunday. sweatdrop and i dont have dyed black hair. confused but people still like to call me emo. sombody once asked me if i was, and they'd never even met me. stare i gave her a killer glare for labelling me, even if it was true. and BTW has anybody noticed? alot of people hate emo girls but think emo guys are friggin hot. i mean, i love guys with eyeliner mrgreen but whats so bad about a girl bein emo?  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:12 am
People now think it's "cool" to be emo.
They think it's cool to be depressed and wear a lot of black and cut and be gay/bi.
I don't think emo was ever intended to be that. It was about expressing yourself through music and coming together on common grounds.

FalseDiagnosis

finding emotive

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:26 am
Emo
Emo is not short for Emotional, that wouldn't make sense because all music is emotional of a sort. Emo is short for Emotive Hardcore, wich is a none political hardcore punk with more emotional lyrics from the DC Scene of the mid 80's.
Some real emo bands are: Rites of Spring, Hot Cross, Orchid, Transistor Transistor, La Quiete, pg.99, Amanda Woodward, Envyand Circle Takes the Square.
Bands that are somehow confused with emo but are most not: Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, My Bloody Valentine, My Chemical Romance, The Used, Panic! At The Disco and Matchbook Romance.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:46 am
shes right that isnt emo thats what i like to call Scene
idk i guess Scene is her discription
dyed hair, the hair styles, and tight pants
its the look that everyone thinks when of when they think emo  

Supersweatt

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:25 pm
finding emotive
Emo
Emo is not short for Emotional, that wouldn't make sense because all music is emotional of a sort. Emo is short for Emotive Hardcore, wich is a none political hardcore punk with more emotional lyrics from the DC Scene of the mid 80's.
Some real emo bands are: Rites of Spring, Hot Cross, Orchid, Transistor Transistor, La Quiete, pg.99, Amanda Woodward, Envyand Circle Takes the Square.
Bands that are somehow confused with emo but are most not: Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, My Bloody Valentine, My Chemical Romance, The Used, Panic! At The Disco and Matchbook Romance.

She's right you know. Emo is a none political hardcore on a personal level. The idea of not generalizing and instead change individualy.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:42 pm
..Switchblade Saint...

I think your in denial.
It's like 'emo' is the new 'goth'. It used to be anyone who wears black is a goth... now anyone who wears black cuts their wrist, wants to die and is emo.  

xXdiamonds_cutXx

finding emotive

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:53 pm
xXdiamonds_cutXx
..Switchblade Saint...

I think your in denial.
It's like 'emo' is the new 'goth'. It used to be anyone who wears black is a goth... now anyone who wears black cuts their wrist, wants to die and is emo.

People like you are the one who made emo into the s**t scene it's known as today.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:55 pm
hmmm
heres my 2 cents

i think it depends on how you see emo, what emo means to you. it's got alot of different stereo types. i dont look emo at all, but it doesnt mean i cant or am not emo. I think emo is a bit of a mix of different styles, and a bit of its own.
I'm not saying that's what it is though  

-Fueled.By.Ramen-

Gothic_Dragonfly

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:09 pm
Well in some way everyone has a good point.....It's kinda hard to consider emo a single word with one meaning.....I guess it depend's on the person's point of view on the subject. confused  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:06 am
Can't we all just stop arguing what the definition of emo and just sit back and enjoy the music so many of the people in the guild share with a great passion and feed of each other's stories about how the music we listen to gets us through the day?

Everyone has got their own definition of what the hell emo is and forgive me but with so many people saying that emo is this or emo is that, I frankly don't care anymore what it means.

Derniere_Danse

HellMistress_Frizzy

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:02 am
Derniere_Danse
Can't we all just stop arguing what the definition of emo and just sit back and enjoy the music so many of the people in the guild share with a great passion and feed of each other's stories about how the music we listen to gets us through the day?

Everyone has got their own definition of what the hell emo is and forgive me but with so many people saying that emo is this or emo is that, I frankly don't care anymore what it means.

thank you 3nodding  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games