Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monsters Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L a w l i-P0P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:08 pm
Anyone ever heard of it? If you have, would you care to explain it to me? I just watched an episode of it on YouTube and I'm totally lost. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:16 pm
I've only seen an episode on YouTube also. But from what I've heard about it, it was made by the same company who made the Pyramid of Light movie, so it's not in Japanese, at least yet. It was originally shown as a mini series I believe, in Ireland. Now they're realising it in US as a two-part movie. It seems like the characters went to a Pyramid and because something Joey did they got sucked into the Capsule Monsters world. Now they're trying to get out and battleing with Duel Monsters that come out of their capsule shooter things. I thought it was pretty good and funny, especially for being like the dub. 3nodding  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

L a w l i-P0P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:43 pm
Yeah I sort of liked it. Like there were some parts that were even funny. O_O
I wish there were more of the original characters in it, though, and not just the four (plus gramps.. ugh. X_X )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:41 pm
It was produced by 4kids, like kitsune said same as the movie. Most likely their plan is to see if it does well here and then send it to japan if it does(once again, much like the movie.)

I enjoy what I've seen of it(Which is only two episodes.) I've actually always wanted a longer arc made out of capmon(some with DDM) so I was very excited when I heard of it. I agree that it should have more characters in it, though. I mean, come on! Mokie's the games champ and he's not there. I heard that Eric Stuart wanted to play Kaiba in it, and offered to, but 4kids turned him down, I guess he was pretty dissapointed.

It's twelve episodes long, and I actually heard that it was coming out in one movie but I could be wrong(most likely am ^^; ). The release date, at least for the first DVD is May 23.

Though I would like an explanation of exactly where in the storyline they would logically place this whole thing. o_O

Ohkami Majin

MistressMinako

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:59 am
"Mokie" neutral ?

Rumor is the death of truth. Mokuba and Seto are in it. Rest assured, as there could not be a non-manga are in existance that didn't somehow revolve around Kaiba. Logical placement doesn't have to do with these filler arcs either - considering the Noa arc bisected Battle Ship for no reason at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:58 pm
Ohkami Majin
It was produced by 4kids, like kitsune said same as the movie. Most likely their plan is to see if it does well here and then send it to japan if it does(once again, much like the movie.)

I enjoy what I've seen of it(Which is only two episodes.) I've actually always wanted a longer arc made out of capmon(some with DDM) so I was very excited when I heard of it. I agree that it should have more characters in it, though. I mean, come on! Mokie's the games champ and he's not there. I heard that Eric Stuart wanted to play Kaiba in it, and offered to, but 4kids turned him down, I guess he was pretty dissapointed.

It's twelve episodes long, and I actually heard that it was coming out in one movie but I could be wrong(most likely am ^^; ). The release date, at least for the first DVD is May 23.

Though I would like an explanation of exactly where in the storyline they would logically place this whole thing. o_O

I know almost for certain it's going to be released as a more-than-one-part movie but I'm not sure how many parts. And if I'm completely off about this then I feel really stupid. sweatdrop  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Ohkami Majin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:58 pm
Chances are, it is more than one part, because that's more money for them ^^;.

And everything that you posted is correct according to what I've found on it. But of course, it's hard to know if anything is absolutely true for a fact until it comes out. Especially when it comes to the internet.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:39 pm
I've only seen 3 eps...and from what i can tell...it looks pretty good...
either way i would love to get it...lol 3nodding

~Yun-Ju~

Yuugiou

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:13 pm
I've seen a few episodes, It's alright I guess..

I heard 4kidstv comissioned it or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:22 am
The first part of the movie was just released in stores on May 23. Of course, I searched and couldn't find it anywhere cause most stores NEVER restock their yugiou DVDs( crying ). But it's on Amazon for only ten bucks, so I'm hoping that I can order it later today.

And yes, it was made by 4kids. I must say, I personally prefer the style of the English animation to the Japanese, in some situations. Although the characters are very shiny...

Ohkami Majin

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:53 am
Ohkami Majin
The first part of the movie was just released in stores on May 23. Of course, I searched and couldn't find it anywhere cause most stores NEVER restock their yugiou DVDs( crying ). But it's on Amazon for only ten bucks, so I'm hoping that I can order it later today.

And yes, it was made by 4kids. I must say, I personally prefer the style of the English animation to the Japanese, in some situations. Although the characters are very shiny...

Well, Japan still does the animation but 4Kids directs it and basically does everything else. At least that's how it was for Pyramid of Light. They just made it shinier because it was special. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:21 pm
I'd love for Ryou&Bakura to appear. whee  

L a w l i-P0P

Ohkami Majin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:20 pm
KitsuneChan8888888
Ohkami Majin

Well, Japan still does the animation but 4Kids directs it and basically does everything else. At least that's how it was for Pyramid of Light. They just made it shinier because it was special. 3nodding

Oh, well then I guess I like the Japanese movie/capmon art over the series art sweatdrop . I dunno, it just seems to me like the animation tends to be rather inconsistent. Sometimes the characters don't even appear to be finished...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:12 pm
Ohkami Majin
KitsuneChan8888888
Ohkami Majin

Oh, well then I guess I like the Japanese movie/capmon art over the series art sweatdrop . I dunno, it just seems to me like the animation tends to be rather inconsistent. Sometimes the characters don't even appear to be finished...

Yeah, I know what you mean. XD But for some reason I like the show's art better... I have no idea why, because it's worse quality then the movie art... *shrugs*  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

[ Blue Pocky ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:16 pm
A Friend of mine just bought the mini series off of the internet. I've only seen whats on Youtube, I thought it was funny and yet .. it seemed almost as if they were making fun of the show or something.. I don't know, it's probably just me *cough cough* anyway, I liked it

^.^

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces