Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
So, what are YOUR most favourite emo bands? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Floppeh

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:57 pm
Well, I was scrolling down my playlist, looking for something to listen to, and it hit me. Why am I downloading all this music? I should be buying it. These bands put a lot of time and money into making it, and if I don't buy it, they'll stop making it. So. I decided. I'm going to start buying CD's.

BUT.

I only have.. like 10 bands. That I know for sure are worth buying to me.

(Some bands I don't know, but have been recommended(so go on and tell me if they're not so good), and some are not so emo)

Dashboard Confessional
My Chemical Romance
Sugarcult
The Used
Taking Back Sunday
Thrice
Armor For Sleep
Alexisonfire
From First To Last
Sum 41
Hawthorne Heights
Evanescence
UnderOATH
Fallout Boy
Panic! At The Disco  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:13 pm
Dude, none of those are emo. But my favorites are Hot Cross, Rites of Spring and La Quiete.  

finding emotive

Floppeh

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:21 pm
Most of the list was composed from bands I've seen in this guild, so I dunno. O__o  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:34 pm
Sinsao
Most of the list was composed from bands I've seen in this guild, so I dunno. O__o

This guild has next to no emo at all, then the other emo guild is a bunch of elitest fascists, self proclaimed and live up to.  

finding emotive

Floppeh

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:27 pm
Meh, I like the music anyways. ^__^ And I sorta consider Dashboard emo acoustic.. That's just my opinion, though.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:52 pm
Sinsao
Well, I was scrolling down my playlist, looking for something to listen to, and it hit me. Why am I downloading all this music? I should be buying it. These bands put a lot of time and money into making it, and if I don't buy it, they'll stop making it. So. I decided. I'm going to start buying CD's.

BUT.

I only have.. like 10 bands. That I know for sure are worth buying to me.

(Some bands I don't know, but have been recommended(so go on and tell me if they're not so good), and some are not so emo)

Dashboard Confessional
My Chemical Romance
Sugarcult
The Used
Taking Back Sunday
Thrice
Armor For Sleep
Alexisonfire
From First To Last
Sum 41
Hawthorne Heights
Evanescence
UnderOATH
Fallout Fall Out Boy
Panic! At The Disco

Panic! At the Disco isn't quite emo... More techno. Evanescence is more industrial, Sum 41 pop punk, Fall Out Boy is more... pop rock? I dunno. And My Chemical Romance is one of the most undescribeable bands ever!

Daphne Loves Derby, 3rd Lane [Although I don't believe he has an album..], the cure can get kinda emo, Get Up Kids... Umm H.I.M. is love metal!
Ummm
Yeah.  

PoseurGirl

[hxc.waffle]

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:33 pm
Ariel Kill Him heart
buy his first CD Alpha Is Down. you won't regret it...that is if you like Acoustic/Emo/indie music.
<3

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:38 pm
Hm.. Thanks guys! Still accepting reccommendations!

P.S. Could you maybe tell me if they have a Purevolume or not so I could hear a bit of them? ^^ Thanks!  

Floppeh

FalseDiagnosis

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:24 am
I wouldn't buy CDs from any of those bands. The money goes to the labels.
I don't think any of those bands listed are emo, actually. But if you do like them, I'm not stopping you from listening to them.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:40 am
I love a change of pace
they great
they screamo/ metal/ emo
its worth it to buy it  

k.nightfox

xXxLoser FacexXx

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:51 am
Well I love taking back sunday and Hawthorne Heights!!! Go get a life domokun domokun domokun xp  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:11 am
If you wanna buy a good cd get Diary by Sunny Day Real Estate. This cd is pure art.  

drkmtn

Toxic Demon

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:23 pm
My favorite bands(whether emo or not, I like them, ******** off with your 'that's not emo stfu!' s**t I like these bands either way)
Scene of the Escape (can find on myspace)
Birds Eye View (can find on myspace)
My Chemical Romance
The Academy Is
The Used
Fall Out Boy
The Bravery
Panic! At the Disco
Emo Amish (can find on myspace)
Authority Zero

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:17 am
I think the last CD was about 3 years ago, which was something or other by Poison the Well. And what a mistake that was.  

Remme

-your_Suicide_note-

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:44 pm
my favorite band is
Fall Out Boy
(and ******** it so what that tey are'nt emo cause if you liten to the lyrics they very emo)

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games