Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
It boggles the mind. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:39 am
OMG RANT! thread for the little things in life that make you go: o.<
Or make you run screaming from the room in frustration.

There was a discussion elsewhere about a person possibly being a scammer, which led me to find this post-

007jamesbond
Well I just tell you when i was little i remeber thinking were was i and what i was doing here when i was born.I wonderd if we had just came from now were or came from god.Now i understand how we got here.Well one thing is we had to get here some how we couldent of just made or selfs there had to be some one like god.I think that for a fact becasue deep own in side we couldent have like got born from a monky mabe but were would the monky come from and that question is anserd its god.Think about it.

He actually thinks that the other side of the argument is that we 'got born from a monky.' Impressive.
It's like one of those moments in talking to people where something they say just makes you feel like you wonder if it even matters if you respond or not.

That boggles my mind, but what also gets me is the whole issue of scamming, botting, and even more so- organizing artificial inflation on gaia. Why are you going to put so much effort into stealing pixels or making them cost more? I can understand putting a bit of effort into questing. That's something people do normally while posting and whatever else they do. But if you scam, how would you even get the items/gold to your account without getting caught? o.< And then some people get auto-refreshers to get them gold from refreshing for hours. There are apparently quite a few ways to cheat out there. It's just a website, it's not that hard. Dx

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:30 pm
@ that quote
The problem is that this guy is doing the same thinking that humanity was doing five thousand years ago. The purpose of schools is to teach you what people have already thought of so you can build on that and think new things! We need to teach kids what has already been thought of so they don't go wasting their life coming up with it independently. Almost all of our population seems to be caught rethinking things that have already been concieved and exhaustively debunked. In short, we need a better education system, which *snort* isn't about to happen anytime soon.

@ cheating
Well, the future Enron execs have got to practice somewhere. What motivates people is the survival skill of laziness--wasting as little energy as possible in achieving a goal. As underhanded as it may be, they still get their gold. (Assuming, of course, they aren't caught.)  

DivideByZero14

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:48 pm
gonk Our educational system is going down hill... America is so stupid... crying It makes me cry tears of bitter sorrow...  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:49 pm
007jamesbond
Well I just tell you when i was little i remeber thinking were was i and what i was doing here when i was born.I wonderd if we had just came from now were or came from god.Now i understand how we got here.Well one thing is we had to get here some how we couldent of just made or selfs there had to be some one like god.I think that for a fact becasue deep own in side we couldent have like got born from a monky mabe but were would the monky come from and that question is anserd its god.Think about it.

[rant]
ZOMG FUNDIE HICK ALERT

"got born from a monkey"

Arggggggggggghhhhhhhh!

*slitswrists*

I must resist the urge to flame this guy for my own entertainment. It would make me no better than him.

Not only has he completely raped the english language, he obviously doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

People like that lower the IQ of those around them gonk

[/rant]

Muaethia

Phoebos

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:26 pm
That guy doesn't even understand The Theory of Evolution. Humans didn't come from monkies, we evolved from the same common ancestor of modern-day primates. There's a huge difference. Plus he's obviously a ******** dumbass who can't grasp a relatively simple language. I say relatively simple, because there are far more difficult languages out there, such as Japanese, with their three different sets of written characters.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:14 pm
Hogoodness. That imbecile made my brain hurt.
He tells others to think about what it is that he's babbling, yet he obviously made no effort to think about what he was writing. I don't like it when people write like that and expect anyone to take them seriously; it's ridiculous.

I'm slightly confused as to how scamming led to this. I don't see a real connection - other than this kid might be trolling. So, what's the catch?  

Zombugger

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:25 pm
Anata
Hogoodness. That imbecile made my brain hurt.
He tells others to think about what it is that he's babbling, yet he obviously made no effort to think about what he was writing. I don't like it when people write like that and expect anyone to take them seriously; it's ridiculous.

I'm slightly confused as to how scamming led to this. I don't see a real connection - other than this kid might be trolling. So, what's the catch?
Oh, that was a post from the user who was suspected of scamming. It wasn't related to that particular post.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:32 pm
c a u s t i c
Oh, that was a post from the user who was suspected of scamming. It wasn't related to that particular post.
Ah; that makes sense, then. Thanks for clearing it up.  

Zombugger

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:00 am
Ya know what irks me... When people can't spell atheist. And, okay, I can understand not being able to spell it totally correctly if you're in like seventh grade but... When they can spell 'theist' but not 'atheist' its a little... ridiculous. stare  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:16 am
PickleBoy
Ya know what irks me... When people can't spell atheist. And, okay, I can understand not being able to spell it totally correctly if you're in like seventh grade but... When they can spell 'theist' but not 'atheist' its a little... ridiculous. stare

sweatdrop *hides*

It's not because I can't spell, it's because I can't be arsed to go back and change typo-d words, k?

Muaethia

FalseDiagnosis

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:36 pm
There are many, many people around here where I live who think and talk that way.

I hate stupidity. Stupid, lazy people make me want to find a hole to live in.

"got born from a monky"

Agh!  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:59 pm
Muaethia
PickleBoy

sweatdrop *hides*

It's not because I can't spell, it's because I can't be arsed to go back and change typo-d words, k?

xd Typos are one thing. I mean... Repeating the spelling error over and over and over and over. gonk scream Rawr! I are angry! I eat faces of stupid human monkeys! Rawr! Grr! *storms around for awhile*  

PickleBoy

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:01 pm
PickleBoy
Muaethia
PickleBoy

sweatdrop *hides*

xd Typos are one thing. I mean... Repeating the spelling error over and over and over and over. gonk scream Rawr! I are angry! I eat faces of stupid human monkeys! Rawr! Grr! *storms around for awhile*
What gets me is the number of times people butcher the word 'atheist' in join requests for an atheist guild.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:23 pm
c a u s t i c
What gets me is the number of times people butcher the word 'atheist' in join requests for an atheist guild.

That should be the only question for admission. Spell the word that means 'one who doesn't believe in any God.' Or, better yet, Spell 'atheist.' I bet they'd still screw it up.  

DivideByZero14

Superior Jazz

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:17 pm
Stupid people make my brain sad...  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items