Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Weekly Show and/or Tell : May 8 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:21 pm
In one of the threads a few of us talked about ways to get more people posting and this was one idea. The concept is to post about what you're working on and it's progress. One project, three, it doesn't matter. Post pics or not, either way. Tell us as much or as little as you want about your projects. If it's a ready-made pattern please post a link or what book it's from, if it's your own design and you're trying to sell it, let us know. Readers please ask before using someone else's original idea, you never know who might be trying to make money off their crafty skills or where they live.
I'll post my current project in the next post.  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:29 pm
I'm currently working on a wedding gift for my cousin and his soon-to-be wife. My cousin isn't very traditional and I thought it would be cool to make something slightly out-of-the-ordinary for him. He loves skulls so I'm crocheting a bunch of skull appliques and I'll sew them onto pot holders, kitchen towels, and a placemat type of thing I found that will make a great table centerpiece. The pattern I'm using is free from about.com. http://crochet.about.com/od/halloween/ss/skullshape.htm I'm making the appliques in white of course, and I've got black kitchen linens to sew them onto. I'll try to get pics of the set before I wrap it up.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:38 am
Right now I am working on my first sweater. blaugh
I have the front and the back made, and I'm all most done with the first sleeve.
I'm making it out of 'Jiffy, Wine' witch it a cheep and fuzzy red yarn.
...only problem is I am all most out of it... and I am 100% broke. gonk
EDIT: ok nvm I am now done with that sleeve, I had just enough yarn... and I do me JUST enough! eek I have like under 4 feet of yarn... now all I need are those extra 3 so I can make the other and then add the last touches to put it all together. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:38 am
I'm currently working on a Panda inspired outfit for my Elli. I've finished his shorts so far, and have the lining of his shirt cut out. I plan to make a headband and legwarmers with eyelets that lace up the back with black ribbon. I'm guessing the entire project will take about a month, at the current rate of speed. Here are what I have so far:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If needed I can change the images to text links to save space.  

Rorek

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:32 am
I'm working on a fathers day present and a stole (that latter in on hiatus, though). The fathers day present is car show blanket. My dad shows his red '53 pickup, so I'm making a blanket to go with it for cool nights when he's waiting for awards and whatnot. I used a varigated red boucle (can't find the lable right now or I'd tell you what kind specificly) It came in a HUGE ball, and I got it from JoAnns, where I used to work (Discounts! mrgreen ). It's going to have a white stripe at the top and bottom, and the Chevy bowtie in the middle. I'm doing it all in garter stitch.

I would post a picture, but I don't feel like messing with my digital camera or tagworld right now, and I only have about three inches of it done, so you wouldn't see much anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:34 am
Rorek
I'm currently working on a Panda inspired outfit for my Elli. I've finished his shorts so far, and have the lining of his shirt cut out. I plan to make a headband and legwarmers with eyelets that lace up the back with black ribbon. I'm guessing the entire project will take about a month, at the current rate of speed.

That is so cute! It reminds me of some of the outfits that pop up in Gravitation. I love that doll; where did you get it?  

LadyAnubis

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:32 pm
I'm currently working on the Titania Caplet to wear this summer. I bought some Microspun yarn instead of the linen yarn they suggested. My yarn is the same color as the girl's tank top in this picture. So far, I've got one band of flower chain done and I'm working on the 2nd band. I can't wait to see how it looks when it's done. whee heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:21 pm
Rorek
I'm currently working on a Panda inspired outfit for my Elli. I've finished his shorts so far, and have the lining of his shirt cut out. I plan to make a headband and legwarmers with eyelets that lace up the back with black ribbon. I'm guessing the entire project will take about a month, at the current rate of speed. Here are what I

::gags:: eek ho my God! I love those! eek
I love what you did with the "lace", I have to make myself something loke those now!
what kind of doll is that? I have a friend who wants to get one of those 500$ one's and I was wondering if that was the same.  

Lee Kushrenada

skullsandkisses

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:28 pm
Great idea for a thread!

I am working on a blaket that I am knitting. It will take for ever, but that is kinda the point.

I am missing my sewing machine, cause I want to make my dream purse. I keep tweeking my pattern just so I can be working on it! biggrin

Othere then that lots of little things, mostly to get my biz started. Way to much planning!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:45 am
Lee Kushrenada
::gags:: eek ho my God! I love those! eek
I love what you did with the "lace", I have to make myself something loke those now!
what kind of doll is that? I have a friend who wants to get one of those 500$ one's and I was wondering if that was the same.
Thanks. He's a Custom House Little Junior, Mars for Valentine. He cost a little over $500. He's probably not the exact same doll but the same general kind.

LadyAnubis
That is so cute! It reminds me of some of the outfits that pop up in Gravitation. I love that doll; where did you get it?
Hehe, I've only read a couple volumes of it, but I love the cute style. Oh! I finished the shirt today, and now I just need to do the headband and legwarmers:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Rorek

gemini6184

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:02 am
Currently I am working on the Raj sweater from Kirsten Cowan's Irresistible Knits, though I changed the colors. This is the picture from the book

User Image

And here's my spin on it:

User Image

As you can see (though not very well, curse my webcam!!) I swapped the hot pink for royal purple and the navy for turquoise. If anyone's interested, I'm using Caron Simply Soft and Simply Soft Brites in Limelight, Iris, Bluemint, and I think tangerine or something like that. I can't find the labels for the orange or yellow right now. That's the front, the back is also finished, and the first sleeve is started on the needle there. Hopefully it won't be too hot to model it for you guys when i get done! My friend at work already wants me to make her one in the turquoise. xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:20 pm
Everyone's projects sound (and look) so cool. Keep posting your progress on them in what will hopefully be a weekly thread.

@Rorek I love your doll and the clothes you are making for him. I've wanted a similar doll for years but don't have that kind of money to spend on one. Ah well, someday.....

@ Peppermint Elf: Do you have a pic of what the Titania Caplet is supposed to look like or a link to the pattern? It sounds like it will be pretty. I have yet to make a poncho, caplet or shrug, but I want to make a shrug when I find a pattern that will suit me. My daughter wanted me to make her a poncho but we eventually bought one she loved for less than I could make it for.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:21 pm
ForestGreen
@ Peppermint Elf: Do you have a pic of what the Titania Caplet is supposed to look like or a link to the pattern? It sounds like it will be pretty. I have yet to make a poncho, caplet or shrug, but I want to make a shrug when I find a pattern that will suit me. My daughter wanted me to make her a poncho but we eventually bought one she loved for less than I could make it for.
The picture I linked to was the Titania Caplet. sweatdrop I was just pointing out that mine will not be green like pictured, but blue like the lady's tank top. 3nodding

The pattern for it is in the Sprint 2006 issue of Interweave Crochet.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:33 pm
I'm making a mini-book. I'm painting the pages (quite sloppily sweatdrop ) with acrylics and then I'm going to write a quote/verse on each page.

It isn't going to turn out too well as it was a quick middle of the night project. But hopefully my aunt will like it.  

[Grendel]

Rorek

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:51 am
ForestGreen
Everyone's projects sound (and look) so cool. Keep posting your progress on them in what will hopefully be a weekly thread.

@Rorek I love your doll and the clothes you are making for him. I've wanted a similar doll for years but don't have that kind of money to spend on one. Ah well, someday.....
Yeah many people have to save up for one of these. :3 I mean do you know many people with $400-$600 extra in a single paycheck? I sure don't. wink I'm currently saving up for a pair of Latidoll Shaina twins, to split with my husband. I'm glad you like his clothing. I'm trying really hard to make him a unique style that is cute and works well with my other doll's fairly plain wardrobe.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff