Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Crazyness over a movie Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tokagima

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:44 am
My friend Luke and I have agreed that we will camp out and fight with bow staffs to see this movie on opening night if we have to. what crazy lengths are you going to to see it?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:06 am
Camping out, definitely. We campy campers can all sing Marvin's Lullaby to keep ourselves awake during our nightlong vigil. And play Scrabble. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Anyway, I'm gonna get me a job and learn to drive so my mother's unwillingness to spend money/waste gas/support this craziness shall not be a factor interfering with my quest to see the movie 42 times opening weekend! biggrin (My main obstacle, actually will be the fact that such a think is physically impossible. Still, you never know 'til you try, yes? mrgreen )
Also, there's a movie theater here that makes the employees wear special official t-shirts promoting upcoming movies. I'm gonna apply for a job there just in case the next shirts are for HHGG ninja (though most likely they'll be for Star Wars. Anyone know when that thunder-stealer of a movie's coming out?)

The most important aspect, of course, is what to wear when we get there. Dressing gowns! Towels! Fish-shaped earrings! Various t-shirts bearing various quotes! Petunias! Manic grins! A Swedish gummi fish stuffed in your ear! Leather satchels! Rabbitskin purses! Blue suede shoes! Two heads! And a pikka bird in a pear treeeeee~! sweatdrop  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:09 pm
Spike_Theta
{snip}(My main obstacle, actually will be the fact that such a think is physically impossible. Still, you never know 'til you try, yes? mrgreen ){snip}

Nothing is impossible. Just highly improbable.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:39 am
We can always steal the Guide v.2 and use it to find a dimension where weekends last long enough.  

cant_delete_accounts

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:06 am
tombrend
We can always steal the Guide v.2 and use it to find a dimension where weekends last long enough.

No. That thing is pure evil! It could rip apart the fabric of space-time as we know it. It could cause all that we have made probable to blink out of existence.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:32 pm
The Heretic 59548
No. That thing is pure evil! It could rip apart the fabric of space-time as we know it. It could cause all that we have made probable to blink out of existence.

Eh, the galaxy is old enough to take care of its self. I say lets do it!  

Pashunath

williamthebloody1880

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:16 pm
tokagima
My friend Luke and I have agreed that we will camp out and fight with bow staffs to see this movie on opening night if we have to. what crazy lengths are you going to to see it?

Opening night? Opening night? You're gonna wait that long to see it?

Earliest possible showing, me.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:46 pm
I doubt I'll be able to make the first showing due to class or work.. stupid hideous finals coming up and all.. that and the fact that I already skipped class too much (should have had some strategic planning damnit sad ) but I'm going to see about buying a ticket in advance.. I'm planning on getting a taxi to and from the theater since I don't know anyone around my school who fits my movie-going criteria who would also take me ..which is that they aren't someone I utterly despise. Oddly, the only one who'd take me there is someone I utterly despise. And that would ruin the experience for me.

So yes.. advance tickets (if the theater lets me), taxi cab to get there (also reserved in advance so I get there on time.. believe me, if work study paid more, I'd get a limo instead).. I'll definitely bring a towel with me.. and probably wear the white fuzzy jacket thing I have that's kind of along the lines of that fuzzy jacket Zaphod's wearing in the trailer.. this WOULD be much more interesting if I actually had someone else to go with who's also a fan. xd  

circuit sparks

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:01 pm
Tinnumir
Spike_Theta
{snip}(My main obstacle, actually will be the fact that such a think is physically impossible. Still, you never know 'til you try, yes? mrgreen ){snip}

Nothing is impossible. Just highly improbable.

so if you can put together an infinite improbability drive before April 29th, you should be set.

Star Wars Ep III is coming out May 15 if i haven't lost my mind.

i'll be up at school by the time HHG2TG comes out. this means no car for me. this means catching a ride on the student-run van service in my "ask me about 42" shirt, complete with bathrobe, towel, and swedish/babelfish in ear for the matinee showing after class, or camping outside the theatre the night before.

i'm all for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:16 pm
Tallest Red
I'm planning on getting a taxi to and from the theater since I don't know anyone around my school who fits my movie-going criteria who would also take me ..

eek

You just made me remember that my school is within walking distance of a movie theater. mrgreen RAWK! whee

I guess I'll be missing some class time that day. whee Ah well. Maybe I can talk some of my friends into coming with me. I'm such a bad citizen. twisted

May 15? Good. ...well, not so good, it'll only give HHGG two weeks to DOMINATE, but at least it's not coming out the same weekend, or the weekend before, or...
You know what? Nevermind. They're bastards anyway. evil  

Yuki-Onna Reed

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:31 am
don't hate Star Wars because it's coming out so quickly after HHG2TG. hate Star Wars because Lucas is a tool who can't leave well enough alone.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:43 pm
MST3Kakalina
don't hate Star Wars because it's coming out so quickly after HHG2TG. hate Star Wars because Lucas is a tool who can't leave well enough alone.

Believe me, there are many contributing factors... ninja  

Yuki-Onna Reed

~Thanks~For~All~The~Fish~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:56 pm
Bunni is wasting the last of her money to see that!
heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:35 pm
Don't get me wrong, I love the book, but I prefer to buy and own. (:~ I'm a dvd kind of gal so I will probably just wait for the dvd to come out and buy that.

And afterwards camp out in front of said tv for hours on end with my towel watching with adoration. heart  

Patrician

layzy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:36 pm
im seenin it when it comes out with these people in this order

1.my family (they come first!)
2.some friends from my old primary
3.some friends from college
4.a v big hhg fan i know
5. noone i think ill see it on my own

and yes, i will bring a towel  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games