Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
SilverVixen's Portfolio Place Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:22 am
Welcome to my personal thread. I'm happy to have a little place of my own to post images and thoughts.

My Website
My Blog - ramblings
deviantART - need to update this....
Holland Realty - My new job!!

Thank you to everyone who gave me support when I was trying to get that job at my college... it was great to have so many people cheering me on.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:23 am
And an extra spot, just in case I need it. smile  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:25 am
Another day, another interview! This time it was with Holland Realty, for the position of "junior designer" or something like that. It would be a great way to get experience and just a great job to have. I reallly hope I get it. I so need a job!! Ack!!!

Interviews are so hard! You never know what they want to hear! And you can be so sure of yourself while you're in there, but afterwards, you become so unsure of the impression that you made. My tactics include smiling a lot (cause I do anyway), looking the people in the eye, and trying my best to show that I know what I'm talking about.

But I feel like I could really get along with the designers that are there already. The guy they hired about a month ago is so nice, and the girl who does layouts is cool! So yes. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:53 pm
Ahhh!!! I got the job!!! I finally will be making some money! YAY!!!!! xd xd xd xd xd xd xd Silver = happy!!!!

*JUMPS*

*SKIPS*

*SINGS*  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:04 pm
SilverVixen
Ahhh!!! I got the job!!! I finally will be making some money! YAY!!!!! xd xd xd xd xd xd xd Silver = happy!!!!

*JUMPS*

*SKIPS*

*SINGS*

Congratulations! So tell us all about this job!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:22 pm
I'm sorry, I wrote a post all about my job last night, but Gaia went wacky right after I posted it, and I forgot to check if it had gone through. And apparently it didn't.

I don't have time to post about it right now (I have to pack for my trip!!). I talked about it on my blog if you want details.... when I get back I promise I'll tell you all about it and after tuesday, I'll post about how my first day went.

xd  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:02 am
Well I'm here at my job, waiting for instructions for what to do. smile This is my second day, and my first day went great!! I'm loving it here. So far I've been working on the reader ads that go in the paper each week, and today I'm going to finish those up.

I got a bunch of stuff set up at my desk, and I'm going to hopefully get a new chair and a new moniter for my computer (its really blurry!!). Also, I'm going to get a name plate in the door!! Yay! Hehe.

But boy am I tired. Getting up at 6:30 and working till 5 sure is tough. Hopefully I'll get used to it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:10 am
Yay! You got a job. That's great! ^-^  

myst_dragon

Kitsunehime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:05 pm
Congrats on getting the job! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:00 pm
SilverVixen
Well I'm here at my job, waiting for instructions for what to do. smile This is my second day, and my first day went great!! I'm loving it here. So far I've been working on the reader ads that go in the paper each week, and today I'm going to finish those up.

I got a bunch of stuff set up at my desk, and I'm going to hopefully get a new chair and a new moniter for my computer (its really blurry!!). Also, I'm going to get a name plate in the door!! Yay! Hehe.

But boy am I tired. Getting up at 6:30 and working till 5 sure is tough. Hopefully I'll get used to it. biggrin

Wow, you have an office? Thats so cool! Good luck 3nodding  

Chisa
Vice Captain

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:44 pm
Yeah! I share an office with a girl named Melia (mah-lee-uh) who does the layouts and stuff for the subdivision pages. She's such an awesome girl, and I really like working with her and the other graphic design guy. Everyone is so nice!!

So yes... sigh. I only have 5 hours a day to do whatever I want between work and sleep. Today it was drawing flowers, and maybe soon cars too. And then I'll be glad to go to bed. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:07 pm
SilverVixen
Yeah! I share an office with a girl named Melia (mah-lee-uh) who does the layouts and stuff for the subdivision pages. She's such an awesome girl, and I really like working with her and the other graphic design guy. Everyone is so nice!!

So yes... sigh. I only have 5 hours a day to do whatever I want between work and sleep. Today it was drawing flowers, and maybe soon cars too. And then I'll be glad to go to bed. biggrin

An office, ha, that's cool. I'm glad that everyone's nice. It would suck to work with mean, grumpy people all the time. sweatdrop  

myst_dragon

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:57 pm
Look at my silly avatar! Hehe! I just got the tail... and I traded for the laurels... and got the anklets in the donation letter! Phew!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:34 pm
SilverVixen
Look at my silly avatar! Hehe! I just got the tail... and I traded for the laurels... and got the anklets in the donation letter! Phew!

4laugh lol Odd looking, but in a humorous sort of way. xd  

Kitsunehime

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:35 pm
Ah, I finally look COOL again. I think. smile

I have been so crazy busy, but I have so many things to do. I thought I might post a checklist of things I need to do, mainly regarding the guild, if anyone cares to read it. smile And hold me to it. wink

1. Post websites on website thread (done!)
2. Post lots of links in resources thread
3. Add some more stuff to the yahoo group - links, files, stuff!
4. Update deviantart account
5. Update my website

And in the meantime I'm drawing two pictures for friends of mine who have birthdays this month. I know so many people who have b-days in October! Its crazy.

Hope I can take care of most of these before I have to add some more. Hehe.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff