I like the first version.
  I like the second version.
  They all suck. *shrug*
View Results

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:00 am
I'm starting a story. But I need some opinions of one of the main charaters' design. I haven't decided for sure on her name yet (leaning toward Eris), but she's the Nightmare Queen. Sister of Death himself. Unlike her brother, though, she is flesh and blood, but no less immortal.

"They say that from Nothing came Existance and from that was born Life and Death. From Life sprang Hope, from Death, Fear. From Hope came Dreams and from Fear came Nightmares. Well, perhaps that is the way it came in the mortal psyche, but not in the order of our existance. In reality, Death is my brother. I am the Nightmare Queen."

User Image

It's a rough sketch. I'm still playing around with it. Plus it looks weird, 'cause my scanner eats pencil. But because it's rough, don't bother correcting me on the technical stuff. I just want opinions on overall character design please. Anything you have to say (except flaming) is appreciated.

To add a little more detail, she hides her eye with her hair because that eye sees into the nightmares. It is black where normally it would be white, a deep red in the iris, and the pupil an even deeper red (at least for now, anyway). Because it looks freaky, so to speak, it's easier just to keep it hidden. Few have ever seen it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:43 am
I like it.
For me though, I just think her hair should be more smooth and slick looking, not so rough.
Having hair like that would suggest she's somewhat uncivilized, or uncontrollable...unless, that's how she is. Then totally leave it that way. sweatdrop  

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

[Mariko]
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:59 am
I really like that sample of writing. It's quite nice :3

I agree with Darque's assessment of the hair. Try smoothing it out a bit and see how that works :3

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:39 am
Hmm. That makes me wonder. She's not necessarily uncivilized. But she does have an imposive, wild-ish personality. Uncontrollable is a definite. She's not insane...but she has her crazy moments... sweatdrop

But I'll give it a try, and play around with different hair.  

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:41 am
Oh! And thanks for liking it. xp  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:00 am
I think it's alright so far, but she looks a tiny bit bland. Try changing her eye shape a little, to something more exotic, something...Iunno. I really do like the writing piece that goes with it. ^^;;;

I_R_Supper_Nub123

black_knightj

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:03 pm
Not to bad all together rather then the drawing I would try to deepen the meaning in the writing. ( sorry im a stickler for good writing. )  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:05 pm
Okay, how about this?

User Image  

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:15 pm
Nice!
That's what I was thinking when I was reading the post you said about not really uncivilized but uncontrollable.

Giving her smooth hair in the back and frayed hair for the front is a good way to do that! =D  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:20 pm
Awesome. Thanks Darque.  

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

I_R_Supper_Nub123

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:35 pm
Tis much better now. ^_^ Just a few small changes can change a drawing so much, it's amazing. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:25 pm
Just passing through, sorry *meaning no time to read it*  

Twilight Falcon

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:47 pm
Okay, I've been bored and playing around with this stuff a little more... I have some more sketches for ya to pick at. Yayness...?

Okay, first of all, for those of you who wanted to see her right eye, this is my current design for it all. Keep in mind it's still a rough sketch (meaning I know the right eye is not perfectly centered with the other and whatnot.)

User Image

K, next, just for the hell of it, chibis!

User Image

And next, the brother. My version of an old design:

User Image

Well?  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:31 pm
That sounds like a really good story!!  

Valoheart

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:03 pm
Thanks. I'm still brainstorming on it. Hopefully, it'll be one I can stick with long enough to finish.  
The Polls Project

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff