Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DP, BR, and WiFi?
Zomgongthgrehet456 *Dies of happiness.*
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
WTF did NOA get the name "Weavile"? Isn't that the name of a villan from Yu-Gi-Oh?
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
We better start planning guild tournies...
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Man, I am so going to own the guild's prommies in battle.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I challenge you!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
This is too awesome for words.
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Shouldn't there be a negative option in case some nutcase DOESN'T like DP/BR going WiFi?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Hey... Now we can elect Gymleaders and Elites based on how well they battle, too.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Wailord doesn't look square-ish anymore! Yhey!
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Pokemon sucks. I just want the gold.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:02 pm
First off, shush. I'm posting this for the greater good of the fandom, not because I'm coming back to the guild (and to clarify, I'm not).

Anyway, Coro Coro Magazine released the launch date and the first screenshots of our much-awaited Diamond and Pearl duo. They're set to release in Japan in autum of this year and are backwards compatable with RSE and FR/LG, as well as being compatable with at least Pokemon Ranger (for example, completing the Manafi mission in Ranger and then trading over the egg to D/P is the only way to obtain Manafi).

The games will be set in the new Region of Shino/Shinou, where the starting town is Futaba Town. And it seems the graphics are slightly 3D instead of the 2D pixels we're used to. No news yet on whether they will have WiFi, either, so don't even ask.

User Image User Image

Gameplay shots~

Coro Coro Scans~

And in other Pokemon gaming news, the Mysterious Dungeon Rescue Forces now has a U.S. release date: September eighteenth of this year. And what about Ranger? Well, no news on that at all. But we go have the English logo for it.

User Image User Image

Now, discuss this amongst yourselves. I may or may not drop back in to remark and whatnot on this. As an uber fan, I just got tired of not seeing anyone post this highly anticipated information.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:46 pm
Ew... the hero is ugly... =|

The heroine's okay though.

I don't like the new 3D thing. although it would be nice to have road markings O_o

I'm betting you'll walk on marked roads and there'll be no cars in sight.

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

Azura Cantarella

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:25 am
*gasp* Woooow. I am rather liking this 3D thing. It's what the GBA versions should have started with! whee I'm reminded of the kind of overworld walking done in games like Golden Sun and Tales of Phantasia. I'm hoping the hero/ine can walk/run in diagonal directions now. xp  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:56 pm
Are you kidding? I thought the hero was wearing things I would wear for the FIRST TIME.

Screw baseball caps. Baseball caps = ew. Ew ew ew. I like the beret, and to heck with other opinions. =p In fact, I like this male trainer's getup over the previous trainer's. No stylized vest, no EW baseball cap. He's himself.

It actually makes me think he's closer to a 'trainer sprite' sort of chartactar. You know, like 'youngster' or 'cooltrainer'. I like that. It fits more--if you say you're better, you can't rely on snazzy duds or a custom sprite to prove it any more!

...Also, I can see Magma taking an adaptation of that hat.  

oGolem

Taiyoukai_Okibi

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:44 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:15 pm
the hero in Pokemon Diamon and Pearl looks French....  

Metal Warrior Tamako

oGolem

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:26 pm
Metal Warrior Tamako

You mean it wasn't my baguette luncheon that gave me that impression after all..? Woah.

And, on a side note, the girl makes me think 'magical girl' ala Sailor moon. One question though: WHAT THE HECK'S WITH THOSE ARMS? Seriously, is she the reincarnation of Olive Oyl?  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:51 pm
I don't like both... after reconsideration, the heroine does look a bit weird. >__> She has a pointy Izumi/Kouji-hat. Eww..

The hero's been elevated to okay I suppose... but his smile seems fake.

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:54 pm
Golem OTCT
Metal Warrior Tamako

You mean it wasn't my baguette luncheon that gave me that impression after all..? Woah.

And, on a side note, the girl makes me think 'magical girl' ala Sailor moon. One question though: WHAT THE HECK'S WITH THOSE ARMS? Seriously, is she the reincarnation of Olive Oyl?

The newer style reminds me of Ana from Shaman King or the older drawing style for digimon.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:31 pm
I'm lovin that beret the Hero's got.  

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:21 pm
Hey, I like both. I love the hats and scarves, though. His hat looks like one I have for myself IRL, and hers is just....cool.

I like 'em both. 3nodding

And the 3-D thing just looks weird. I like the advance looks better. But, eh.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:41 am
Ooo, prettyful.

I wonder how both screens will be employed.  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:21 am
Maybe the map is on the bottom and you move around on the top. Or your party is on the bottom. Maybe you can switch it, like in Dungeon.  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:42 am
Ooh, I like the 3D look going on.
I so want Pearl now wink

Also, yes the Hero looks ugly.
But I think the Heroine is pretty.

Zuluu

WoWa

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:16 pm
Graphics=kickass. heart  
The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items