Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Ever accidentally set your self on fire? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Worst injury ever was...
  A broken bone.
  Many broken bones.
  Severe sprain.
  Severe wound. (like a cut)
  Head trauma.
  Burn.
  Near drowning.
  Misc. medical condition.
  I died, but I've been reborn.
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:47 pm
I am calling this...
THE INJURY THREAD!

In a nutshell, this will the place were you post stories and accounts accidents past or present. It can even be stories of people in your family or close friends. Post here to receive sympathy and maybe find a friend who has been thought the same thing. And now for my story:

Dathu
Recently I was the victim of a horrible accident, and as a result I have spent the last two days in intensive care.

User Image

This was the fire-ball that tried to claim my life. I was burning branches that had fallen after a storm, but when I lit the edge, it ignited into a blast that destroyed over five cubic miles of earth. How I survived is still a mystery to science.

User Image

This was taken when I was covered in flames. The only thing that kept me from running wild was meditation. Once the flames on my body were out, I headed for the shower. The cool water helped to numb the pain, but it also sent me into shock. My body began to tremble, and I thought I might lose consciousness. Fortunately, I was able to talk myself down.

User Image

During the ambulance ride to the hospital, one of the nurses explained that I am lucky to be alive, and that they will probably be able to reattach my arm. I was glad to hear the good news. I would have liked to see the face of my nurse, but my eyes had burst from the heat during the blast.

User Image

The hospital was nice, probably just built by some maniac. I was told by the nurse that their burn unit was one of the best. It's gonna need to be to keep the devil off my back. Now that I've seen the whether in hell, I have no desire to try the food.

User Image

The doctor was nice. He explained to me that only 9% of my body had been burned. I suffered first degree and slight second degree burns on the right side of my face, and fist and second degree burns on my right arm. For a while he discussed skin grafting with me. I was terrified at the thought. However, on the second day, he said the burns weren't as serious as he feared. I was sent home with wraps and cream. I was happy to finally be home.

User Image

These are the second degree burns on my right arm. Ouch huh?

User Image

These are the first and second degree burns on my face. Don't worry ladies. These will heal without any scars. I'll still be beautiful.

User Image

Until my scars heal, I probably won't be out much. When I do, I wear this robe to hide my ugliness and shame. I am now and outcast. One of the shadow people.

No, but seriously, burning leaves, let it sit too long, got burned bad. Well, that's it for me. Now tell me some of your stories.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:51 pm
I had about 3 near death experiences

1. This was when my cousin and I were lost in the forest and a blizzard came out of nowhere. my cousin and I passed out of hypothermia and woke up 3 days letters.

2. Same thing as above but instead it was in a desert

3.The worst one I was 15 and I was in my uncles ranch in Mexico I was cleaning the horse's hooves and my cousin was carrying a long board he then turned around and the board slapped the horses @$$ and it let out a loud neigh. I got up and wondered what the commotion was about and the horse used his 2 back legs and kicked me. I flew 10 feet from the barn to the outside. Somehow due to the adrenaline I got up on my two feet and barely touched my ribs and I yelled in excruciating pain and fell to the ground the horse kick shattered my entire ribcage and one of the bone shard was half an inch away from my heart. I had to wear some huge cast on my entire chest for about 3 months and had several surgeries. I had a imprint of the 2 horse's hoove marks on my chest but it is gone now.

I wish I had pictures but that was quite some time ago  

Lesilrok

Redem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:04 pm
My worst...

I get sever sun burn, in fact I burn my entire back and shoulders to the point that it was a solid mass of blisters.

That was a fun summer spent indoors trying not not flex my back at all... becaues when I did it torn the skin across my back open. Again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:48 pm
Eh. I've been pretty lucky.

When I was about 4, I split my chin open on the side of the bathtub.

At about 5, I tripped and hit my front teeth on aluminum bleachers which hurt like hell, but just left aluminum marks on my teeth for a bit.

Not an injury exactly, but one of my salivary glands likes to swell up to about the size of a chicken egg protruding from my neck, which is a most pleasant feeling, I assure you. {cough} It used to do so about every 4 months, but less frequently now.

Had some poison ivy on my legs get pretty badly infected once.

I don't know. I've never had an ER visit, nor stayed in a hospital, period, outside of.. birth.  

iviary

Muaethia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:58 pm
I managed to break both of my legs before I could even walk. My mum fell down the stairs while holding me. I swear it's why my legs still have insanely short tendons now, to the point where it hurts to walk up hills like hell even if they are gradual eek

When I was 10, I was climbing out of a car (the ones where you have to push the frount seat forward to get out of the back through that door, as there is only one door in each side). But the little plastic thingamijiggy that covoured the handle which pulled the seat forward had fallen off at the garage, so there was about a 5 inch long metal point, sharp as a knife.

I jumped down and gashed my leg on this handle, it cut through all the skin and muscle and fat and hit the bone (I was only 10, remember). I can't remember it hurting too much, but I think the shock acted as an anaesthetic. It was bleeding like hell. I had to have 12 stiches in it, and it was really painful for weeks. I still have a small scar, but it has shrunk considerably.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:28 pm
Hmm.. the worse thing to really happen to me physically was when I broke my arm. I was four years-old and running away from my dad because he was making me take a nap. I jumped into one of those cushy recliner chairs.. because it was in my way.. and somehow my left arm hit one of the metal supports and cracked the bone.
The worse part though, was when I went to the hospital. My injury was what they called a "green twig" where the bone breaks.. but not all the way. So I'm lying on this table and the doctor approaches me, picks up my arm and breaks the all the way in his bare hands.
And Jesus Christ, it's still disturbing to think about twenty years later. gonk  

Maryhl

Shy Werewolf

Latke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:59 pm
I haven't had many noteworthy injuries in my lifetime. I only have one scar on my body, which I got at a rodeo -- you'd think that would make for a blood-pumping, awesomely cool story, like, "You see this? This is what happens when you get trampled by bulls." But it's actually just a scrape from the metal latch of a gate. Sigh.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:29 pm
Holy s**t shinobikun... just holy s**t...

Anywho... nothing really noteworthy on my part. I busted my nose open at a pool against the metal ladders leading out of the pool. All I can remember is the wafting curves of red pain calmly spreading throughout the pool.  

LleuLlawGyfes

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:57 am
You know I only sprained my ankle once, and it wasn't too bad but it made walking hell.

I was on my way to the bus stop, and the bus came early. Well the bus driver that we had is a bit of a b***h and won't wait for anyone.

So I started running to reach the bus in time, and as I steped over a large branch that was on the street(it had fell the night before during a storm) my foot got caught underneath it. I tripped, and the weight of my bookbag spun me to the curb. My foot was stuck under the branch when I fell and that twisted my ankle.

The worsed part? The Bus left without me! scream I know they saw it, and I attempted to scramble up and limp my way out there but it hurt like hell, and the bus lady decided to move on.

I ended up limping home and stayed home. I walked with a limp for about a 2 weeks, because it took what seemed like forever to stop hurting.

I think that it permanantly damaged something. I never went to get medical treatement, and while it did stop hurting and the redness did go down, there are still times with the ankle part acts up and it hurts to walk on it. Yet it happens infrequently, like once or twice every 2 months or so. Lately I've been busy DDRing so it has been acting up moreso than before.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:15 pm
Okay... official injuries huh? Well lets see... I could list my friends injuries. But listing them all would take a long time and all day. So, we'll just list recent injuries. Busted her knee on the escalator, broke her foot (twice), cut open her finger on a cherry can lid (warranting stitches), broke her finger... and thats all i can think of off the top of my head from the last couple of years. Poor thing. I'm surprised she can get up in the morning.  

PickleBoy

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:48 pm
I swear, I'm just waiting for the day to break a major bone. (Toes/nose/minorskullfracture don't count. =P)

See, I handle injury like this:

Five seconds after pain reception: Blank faced

Five seconds to 2.5 minutes after reception of pain: I am a dam holding the damns. A fork in the road of ********. I tend not to swear aloud, but sooner or later, the words "******** s**t-eating boner-biting son of a b***h" are going to echo through Tuscaloosa.

2.5 Minutes onward: Complete silence, despite severity of pain.

So far:

Cut once, dropped an un-capped metal sawhorse leg on my foot.

Hit my head warrenting rest twice, one of these times when my mother SMASHED my head against a door frame at age 2 in a panic over a minor cut over my eye brow.

Two broken toes

One near-blinding, ( <3 Glowstick liquid)

And more sprained ankles than I can count. =(  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:19 pm
Grrrr....So the week before last it was a dog bite that landed me in the hospital.

Guess what I did today? Broke the little toe on my right foot. Why? Why all of this right before graduation?

We haven't gone to the hospital for this, but we're going to watch it because it is swollen and very red(the entire toe).

Sanguvixen

Superior Jazz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:05 pm
Let's see... in grade 4 or 5, we got a new playground at my school. I had the distinct 'honour' of being its first injury.
A friend of mine and I were fighting over one of those amusing hand-trolley things, the ones that you grab, and you slide across. We were fighting over one of those, and my foot slipped. I lost my grip on the bar, and I fell headfirst. Into the wooden platform. That's all I remember about it. I still have the scar, nine years later...
Skip ahead a bit. I was riding my bike around a cul-de-sac, and I hit some gravel. I fell over, landing on my elbow. I looked down, and I saw that it was a mass of oozing, dripping blood. I remember thinking, oh, this is actually kinda cool. I stumbled home, since my mind was going AHHH!!! ... I think... anyway. When my mom saw it, she laid me down, then I saw it again. I promptly waent into shock, and I don't remember the rest of that day very well.
Fast forward two years or so. I was playing on my other friend's swing set, which was quite old to begin with. It didn't really need two rambunctious children crawling over it. I lost my footing, and I fell. Luckily, a metal bar caught me. Unluckily, it happened to have a rather sharp bit sticking out from it... Shockingly enough, I didn't yell or anything...
Fast forward another few years, to grade 8. We were playing softball in class, and I was up next to bat. I wasn't paying attention, talking to the person behind me. I stepped out from around the batting cage, still not looking. I turned, and the next things I remember are rather distorted and choppy. I remember blue... green... bathroom... the ceiling at my house. Apparently, the bat catcher threw the bat aside, not looking where she was tossing. I happened to be in the way, and she brained me with my own bat. I was out cold for about two minutes, and I was taken to the bathroom to clean me up, then I went home. I still have a small hole in the side of my head from it.
That's pretty much it...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:19 pm
One time I got a paper cut.  

Lash Vereaux

Quotable Genius

5,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200

Anthropomorphic person

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:18 am
I had gastroenteritis the other week, basically that means that I had fluid coming out both ends... diahorrea(sp?) and vomiting, and my veins are small anyway for some reason, so I'm extra prone to dehydration.

I lost three kilos in the space of five hours that day...
The nurse looked at me like I had three heads when I said that the drip felt good. I actually enjoyed the cold feeling spreading up my arm in a perverse way... That, and they spent so long trying to get it into my arm that I wanted to make them feel better... whee  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff