Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Catholicism and paganism. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:08 pm
We all know the large majority of my chosen standpoint religion is on a war against paganism. And yet, when they talk about "those ******** pagans and their occult blood drinking rituals" they don't realise that paganism, and occult rituals are implanted in the very seed of their religion. Jesus. The last supper. Everyone knows. "Drink this wine, for it is my blood." "Eat this bread for it is my body." Mostly they say it's symbolic, and yet the traditional beleif(I forget the term) as tthat it turns into his blood before touching their lips, and his flesh before touching their tongues.

Discuss.

Lock's debate stand point: Scientologist  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:15 pm
Hyp-o-crits.
surprised  

josiv

Loiterer

EngelerDeamon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:36 am
*chuckles a bit* catholosicsm (and any type of christainity) is basically stolen from a hundred different religions in order for the masses to accept it when the were conquered. Therefore, Christainity in general is based only on a few thoughts, and the rest is palgerized from other reigions.

^___^ So yea, I agree with a**l Jesus. Hypocrits.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:51 am
Actually, Roman Catholocism was really the first big ones. The rest of the orthodox religions are essentaily "tweaks" of it. Not really stolen, as much as modified.  

Grand Moff Locket

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:17 pm
What Engeler was referring to, I think, was not just Christian sects but where Christianity got its roots...the idea of the son of god and ressurrection, etc had been seen previously.
Easter and Christmas are at those specific times of the year to replace pagan holidays/celebrations of fertility festivals and winter solstice  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:17 am
a**l Jesus
Hyp-o-crits.
surprised

I agree. Jesus can't be wrong.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

E_Night

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:03 pm
Some Chatholics many wear the cialas belt which for those who don't know is like a barbed wire belt for when they have sined. I really don't think that that is a bright idea bleeding while you were it. My phylosify is not dwelling on the past, its not healthy to (barbed wire in legs ain't healthy either)
Pagen is a really natureistic religion too. Very feminin. People who say stuf like that they are evil worshiping heathans is pretty narrow minded and a bit hypocritical. Just my thoughts i mean have a good day! heart

*edited and revised for those who I offended Im sorry. Many Loves!
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:47 pm
Hypocrisy can come from any side, and statements like "Chathlics are freaking siko!" aren't exactly...tactful.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

- Bipolarity -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:22 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:28 pm
Valdae
Hypocrisy can come from any side, and statements like "Chathlics are freaking siko!" aren't exactly...tactful.

Agreed, on both of your points. Hypocrisy is everywhere. I know I say hypocritical things sometimes, and the only thing I can do afterwards is apologize, realize my fault, and not do it again.  

- Bipolarity -

(MemeBurrow)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:00 pm
Lock The Cards
We all know the large majority of my chosen standpoint religion is on a war against paganism. And yet, when they talk about "those ******** pagans and their occult blood drinking rituals" they don't realise that paganism, and occult rituals are implanted in the very seed of their religion. Jesus. The last supper. Everyone knows. "Drink this wine, for it is my blood." "Eat this bread for it is my body." Mostly they say it's symbolic, and yet the traditional beleif(I forget the term) as tthat it turns into his blood before touching their lips, and his flesh before touching their tongues.

Discuss.

My mother is both a catholic and a pagan, please help, I dont understand.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:50 pm
(MemeBurrow)
Lock The Cards

Discuss.

My mother is both a catholic and a pagan, please help, I dont understand.

um i don't ... umm i think you need to explain to us why she says she is. Maybe she believes in .... yeah don't know ~scratches head~
sweatdrop  

E_Night

RaeCG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:34 pm
hey there... well this is all very interesting... i do know that most atheists do like studying other religions, and (this is just my hypothesis) think that people do this because they are looking for a lifestyle where they/we can find a certain hope for us/them... I am pretty lonely when i think about religions, considering that i have none... i wish i did, because i know that the people who do seem a lot happier than me/possibly others... does anyone feel this way?
well, i was Cotholic, until about 7th grade, wheni bacame Wiccan... only because the Bible didn't make sense when put together with evolution and new scientific findings. so i dodn't believe in God.. and what not... a while later, i figured out that i don't believe in God, then why would i be polytheistic?? it didn't make sense (although i still do make things happen).. fromt hen on, i only believed in the power of the mind and brainwaves and what not... ^_^ that's my story...
sorry if it was so long (and for my bad grammar)  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:08 am
Sounds liek hypocrites to me. I didn't know that Easter was a pagen holiday. I wonder how many more hilidays have similar backgrounds. Hmmmm.  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:25 am
Easter's a Germanic fertility festival, thus the subliminal message of the bunnies.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff