Reply Pokémon Defenders
Pre-ordering Pokémon Leaf Green and Fire Red Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabriel Laurel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:09 pm
Has anyone preordered it? <.< You get a fancy Pokémon Sidebag! I haven't gotten around to doing it myself yet, but I hear they're fancy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:15 pm
Sidebag? I got the trainer guide, but who's giving out the sidebag? *looks curious*  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:31 pm
I agree with Jishin....*stalks Gabe* ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:56 pm
Jishin
Sidebag? I got the trainer guide, but who's giving out the sidebag? *looks curious*

Toys R Us and Future Shop, here. I've never seen the Trainer Guide, what's it like?  

Gabriel Laurel

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:14 pm
Gabriel Laurel
Toys R Us and Future Shop, here. I've never seen the Trainer Guide, what's it like?

Ah. I always preorder from Gamestop because the guys at my Gamestop know me and save all the promo goodies for me. *has a Harvest Moon cow and a Zelda SwordPlay t-shirt because those guys are awesome*

The trainer guide is a small book that has a pull-out map of Kanto and a pull-out strength/weakness chart. It's not all that helpful to a rabid Pokefan who already knows how the game works, but it's very helpful for new players and gives some idea of the new features in the game. It's also got a spoofty battle log, which I don't know if I'll use, but could be handy if you're into analyzing how you play.

The strength/weakness chart that's fingertip-available is the best part, I think. It always seems to me that that gets buried in the hint guides somewhere where I can't find it. This one is on the last page, so it's easy to find.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:19 pm
Jishin
Gabriel Laurel

Ah. I always preorder from Gamestop because the guys at my Gamestop know me and save all the promo goodies for me. *has a Harvest Moon cow and a Zelda SwordPlay t-shirt because those guys are awesome*

The trainer guide is a small book that has a pull-out map of Kanto and a pull-out strength/weakness chart. It's not all that helpful to a rabid Pokefan who already knows how the game works, but it's very helpful for new players and gives some idea of the new features in the game. It's also got a spoofty battle log, which I don't know if I'll use, but could be handy if you're into analyzing how you play.

The strength/weakness chart that's fingertip-available is the best part, I think. It always seems to me that that gets buried in the hint guides somewhere where I can't find it. This one is on the last page, so it's easy to find.

WTF? That's all?!

Man, I want that sidebag instead!

But I've pre-ordered. A few weeks ago, at Target. I pick up my FireRed the twelfth of this month. ^__^

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Trumpster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:11 am
I only get a stupid poster for preordering and I have to wait until october to get it. sad

Why are the english the last to get anything interesting?

I suppose they're making up for the fact that we can get drunk 3 years earlier than the americans. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:28 am
I got the pocket trainer's guide and put the map on my wall when I preordered fire red! I'm BAAAACK! Pokèball GO! wink  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Flanny-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:46 am
Why pre-order it? If it's in the shops, I'll buy it immediately. Over here I'm not sure wheter you actually can preorder it or not. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:49 pm
A sidebag, huh? Interesting ninja  

Faux Desires

Gabriel Laurel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:27 pm
Flanny-Chan
Why pre-order it? If it's in the shops, I'll buy it immediately. Over here I'm not sure wheter you actually can preorder it or not. sweatdrop

Well, normally when you pre-order stuff you get extra goodies you can't get any other way. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:39 am
I preorder for multiple reasons. Of course, there are the goodies that come along with the preorder. But as I said before, I know the guys over at the GameStop and they know me. They've always been really helpful and terrific people to shop with, and so I am a loyal customer, as a repayment for their excellent service.

Being a loyal customer has its benefits too -- they'll save me a preorder gimme of a cool game, even if I'm not the first person in the door asking for it. That's how I got a Harvest Moon cow when the store only got two of them ... whee  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:05 pm
Jishin
I preorder for multiple reasons. Of course, there are the goodies that come along with the preorder. But as I said before, I know the guys over at the GameStop and they know me. They've always been really helpful and terrific people to shop with, and so I am a loyal customer, as a repayment for their excellent service.

Being a loyal customer has its benefits too -- they'll save me a preorder gimme of a cool game, even if I'm not the first person in the door asking for it. That's how I got a Harvest Moon cow when the store only got two of them ... whee

Well, personally, I wish it was the same here. Our GameStop I've only been to twice, and only once to buy a game. I have never, in my 14 ((almost 15)) year old life, pre-ordered ANYTHING.......I know, I am so pathetic. I've never been to a concert, and have about 5 CDs.....two Pokémon ones...... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:08 pm
Hmm? I guess what you get depends on where you live... neutral Oh, and I usually pre-order stuff so I don't have to pay as much when it comes out. ^^;  

Odango Usagi

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:34 pm
I only preorder for free crap. Hooray for Pokemon Collosseum Bonus Disk!  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff