Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

A5116278

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:35 am
Biohazard Extreme advised i make this topic because of my sheer dislike of resident evil 4.
When i first played it i was amazed, it was fun and the new controls/gameplay. This soon wore off and i became boarded with it. The game became repetative and i stoped playing it. i have never played it since. i played it on different modes and played the minigames and i found nothing new.
i hate resi 4.

discuss-
-do you hate resi 4
-resi 4 newbs
-why resi 4 is bad  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:32 am
I went ahead and renamed the thread because Hate is such a strong word. There are more people who DISLIKE RE4, than there are who Hate it.

Anyway, there was one, and only two reason why I didn't like RE4. And it Las Plagas and the Merchant.
Not that the concept wasn't kinda interesting, but damn it, the monsters were just... Stupid.

I mean, you got El Gigante. Nothing in nature is that huge and can move so fast. It's anatomically inaccurate.

You got The Chainsaw and Minigun people, WHY ARE THEY SO MUCH HARDER TO KILL than regular Ganados? Aside from the fact that it's to make the game harder, it's highly unrealistic. I mean, come on... Take J.J.'s gun away, give him a record deal and he'll be 50 Cent.

Despite what people said, I didn't find Regenerators to be scary. At all. I'm a sniper and taking them out was a piece of cake. Hearing them coming, I was more annoyed than scared.

Worst yet was Saddler. Seriously, it is physically impossible to grow into something THAT huge without a supplement of massive nutrition. It's also impossible to have something that huge compressed inside a human body. That was the most unrealistic boss ever.

As for the merchant... Well, it's not the merchant that bugged me, it's the whole idea of buying modifying weapons that missed me off. Seriously, I like RPG's, I like Fighting Games and I like Survival Horror. But to think that it'd be a good idea to combine either? I'd never think that for a second. I like Disney, and I like the older Final Fantasy games, but I still think the concept for Kingdom Hearts was garbage.
Just the same, it's not SURVIVAL when you buy your weapons and upgrade them. The weapons also had stupid names, "The Punisher!" Ooh! I'd rather see the name Mk.22, or P228. Not some fancy names. You know what has fancy names for weapons? RPG's. I was really disappointed with the fact that RE would do something so stupid as combine the buying system with Survival Horror. If you can't survive on the medicine that you find in the game, then don't play Resident Evil, you sissy.
So far, I haven't found any Resident Evil game to be outstandingly hard. So why do we need a Handgun that's more powerful than a shotgun? Gimme a break.

There goes my rant. Aside from that, I think that RE4 had an interesting gameplay. People say it didn't feel like RE, but that's precisely because of Monsters and Weapon design. I know this, because Dead Aim has a similar control scheme, and it felt like RE to me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:38 am
i liked it...but there where many things i disliked as well
-ashley scream
-dr s...man hes annoying
-chaingun dude...what the hell kinda seroid was he taking
-the lack of different monsters i was expecting there to be like 20 enemys there was...not many

and others i cant be bothered to think of  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:40 am
Like I said, there was no steroids, J.J. was simply 50 Cent.
He's black, he's HUGE, and I shot him 9 times, he still remained alive. Mystery solved.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:03 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Like I said, there was no steroids, J.J. was simply 50 Cent.
He's black, he's HUGE, and I shot him 9 times, he still remained alive. Mystery solved.

i still say hes taking steroids crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:13 am
I enjoyed RE4 it was somthing new and different from slow zombies
and the merc missions are loads of fun just to get a high score of kills i love doing that

it provides hours of entertainment for my dad and I
he loves RE4 as well

pirate heart ninja  

Sir Leos

3,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Resident Isaka
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:56 am
For the game itself, it's good if you like shooting things and action. For a RE game, not really. Another name and characters would have been better. The story is lame with saving the prez' daughter. gonk Even if I prefer the third person view, I can stand the over the shoulder camera angle. Ashley was soooooooooo annoying (it's not a secret that I despise her evil ). And It was easy, except for Garradors and Krauser imo. The big boss... Wasn't even interesting, Salazar was more but he was too easy to kill. And Leon, yes he was cool and all but he didn't have many expressions on his face. Atleast, in RE2, he has some since he was a rookie cop with no experience (ok, we didn't really saw them but we could say that he has feelings). And the merchant, IT'S NOT A RPG! TAKE HIM AWAY! scream And I agree with Bio that some ennemies weren't realistic at all. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:14 am
I'm was glad Nintendo decided to put the Resident Evils on the gamecube. I was never a fan of the Playstation. The controls were so much easier to get used to than the PS controller. I'm now looking forward to try Resident Evil 5 on the 360.

Anyway I thought Resident Evil 4 was decent, but can't touch the orginials. Its something about Umbrella and the T and G-Virus that made the game so popular. Having a 100 year old virus in RE4 seemed kinda cheesy with all the monsters and their effects of taking damage. Ohh yea, did I mentioned the easiest game out of the series?  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:35 pm
It's Resident Evil. Not Resident DIE b***h I GOT 18 SHOTGUNS AND 30 HANDGUNS AND 20 RPG'S. While it's fun, it's also lacking in the fact that:

- There's Ashley in it (that's a given, though :XP: )
- Some of the monsters defy nature (how in the hell does Saddler fit all that crap inside that cloak? Wouldn't he get a little bloated in there?)
- Leon can take major damage before dying, defying nature (how would you survive getting pierced in 50 different places by Iron Maiden spikes? I mean, 10 of them go right through your head to start with... And the acid spit, and getting his throat ripped at by the dog. Wouldn't he bleed out or get his face burnt off a lot sooner?)
- Upgrading weapons. For an action game, this is an amazingly fun feature. For Resident Evil... it's just a plain funsucker. Until I stop thinking it's RE. Then I like it again. :XP:

Don't get me wrong, I like RE4. It's fun, and action-packed, with tons of gunning and stuff. However, ...it's action-packed with tons of gunning and stuff. It should be "HOLY HELL, THAT SCARED ME SHITLESS!" Even still, I like it as an action game, and only as an action game. As RE, however... I just pretend that it's not called Resident Evil and that Leon and Ada have no relation to those in RE2. :XP:  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:19 pm
Resident Evil 4 was a good game. Somethings bothered me about it though.

The defying nature thing that was already mentiond. I didn't really mind it but it was just too much of this going on. RE4 was supposed to be more of a realistic feel than the other REs but some things were just really unrealistic.

Ashley, 'nuf said

Too much ammo in the game, ususally in a RE game, I would really have to worry about conserving my ammo. However I can go trigger happy in the whole game yet still end up with atleast 50+ of almost every type of ammo.

Another problem was that the game was not really scary in my opinion, I expected to be scared while playing through it my first time through. However, it felt more like I was playing a Devil May Cry game than Resident Evil.  

Pthepenguinoverlord

Soluna-hime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:41 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I went ahead and renamed the thread because Hate is such a strong word. There are more people who DISLIKE RE4, than there are who Hate it.

Anyway, there was one, and only two reason why I didn't like RE4. And it Las Plagas and the Merchant.
Not that the concept wasn't kinda interesting, but damn it, the monsters were just... Stupid.

I mean, you got El Gigante. Nothing in nature is that huge and can move so fast. It's anatomically inaccurate.

You got The Chainsaw and Minigun people, WHY ARE THEY SO MUCH HARDER TO KILL than regular Ganados? Aside from the fact that it's to make the game harder, it's highly unrealistic. I mean, come on... Take J.J.'s gun away, give him a record deal and he'll be 50 Cent.

Despite what people said, I didn't find Regenerators to be scary. At all. I'm a sniper and taking them out was a piece of cake. Hearing them coming, I was more annoyed than scared.

Worst yet was Saddler. Seriously, it is physically impossible to grow into something THAT huge without a supplement of massive nutrition. It's also impossible to have something that huge compressed inside a human body. That was the most unrealistic boss ever.

As for the merchant... Well, it's not the merchant that bugged me, it's the whole idea of buying modifying weapons that missed me off. Seriously, I like RPG's, I like Fighting Games and I like Survival Horror. But to think that it'd be a good idea to combine either? I'd never think that for a second. I like Disney, and I like the older Final Fantasy games, but I still think the concept for Kingdom Hearts was garbage.
Just the same, it's not SURVIVAL when you buy your weapons and upgrade them. The weapons also had stupid names, "The Punisher!" Ooh! I'd rather see the name Mk.22, or P228. Not some fancy names. You know what has fancy names for weapons? RPG's. I was really disappointed with the fact that RE would do something so stupid as combine the buying system with Survival Horror. If you can't survive on the medicine that you find in the game, then don't play Resident Evil, you sissy.
So far, I haven't found any Resident Evil game to be outstandingly hard. So why do we need a Handgun that's more powerful than a shotgun? Gimme a break.

There goes my rant. Aside from that, I think that RE4 had an interesting gameplay. People say it didn't feel like RE, but that's precisely because of Monsters and Weapon design. I know this, because Dead Aim has a similar control scheme, and it felt like RE to me.

I don't hate it but I definitely was not addicted to it like RE1 or RE CV. I mean RE had a set story and now it's liek "Well that's done let's do a shoot down monsters" deal without the whole story and all that and I just didn't like that very much -.- I just hope RE5 fixes everything up. I really should play RE4 again, I guess >.> it's still in my GC  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:45 pm
I personally enjoyed RE4. I liked the characters (except Salazar. Stupid wierdo) the story and the gameplay. But the game did get pretty repetetive. And what's with some of those lines? Sheesh!! Like when Leon says "Saddler, your small time" .... WTF? But other than that, the game was pretty fun.  

Flack+_+monkey

A5116278

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:49 am
ashley was not that bad. the physical improbabilities and leon becoming a circus monkey got me  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:03 pm
Although, being Resident Evil, I was happy that it won Game of the Year at Spaceys.

That aside, the only thing I really had trouble with is the monsters and the storyline.

Why?

Because of the prologue. Watch the prologue. It talks about T-Virus, and Umbrella's downfall. Then, ANY talk of Umbrella, T-Virus, or Raccoon city doesn't even take 5 minutes in the whole game. You don't even need a prologue, because everything that we know and love about RE ended up being so irrelevant to the Las Plagas and all that.  

Biohazard EXTREME

A5116278

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:33 am
why did they not explain all the things crucial too the resi storyline in the first cutscene?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff