Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits
Are Tarot Cards dangerous? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarot Cards
  What are they <<<<Me
View Results

Nox -Chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:09 pm
Are they?

Are they a lot safer than a ouija board. (Me:I know they are not the same.One's a ghost hunting tool.)
Do you have any experince with them.
Um what are some rules about them?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:31 pm
Uhh, Tarot and Ouja are two different categorys. Theres nothing dnagerous about tarot cards. The only thing they will hurt is your wallet/purse. gonk  

VivoDePyre

Nox -Chan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:42 pm
Pyrokin132
Uhh, Tarot and Ouja are two different categorys. Theres nothing dnagerous about tarot cards. The only thing they will hurt is your wallet/purse. gonk
-Sigh- Did I not say I know they are bot different things. Gosh.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:17 pm
Nox -Chan
Pyrokin132

I know you said that. I meant that they aren't like ouja boards. THeres no reason they should be dangerous.  

VivoDePyre

Nox -Chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:35 pm
Pyrokin132
Nox -Chan
Pyrokin132

I know you said that. I meant that they aren't like ouja boards. THeres no reason they should be dangerous.

Well they bite me....Oh well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:55 am
well,i suppose if they were used wrong,they may be dangerous...but mine just bite anyone who isnt me...the cards kinda have a personality or a life to them,if u will... sweatdrop if theyre treated badly,they fight back.ive also noticed with my cards that they have to accept a person before theyll let that person use them.its complicated,but how mine work...  

13GreenRoses

Mankati

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:39 pm
Ouija boards are not great ghost hunter tools, it is more like demons and such... it is never good to use ouija boards, also for the fear of opening a gate to hell that is as good as they go XP  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:20 pm
I've always found tarot to be more--meditational, a chance for me to interpret the cards as my subconcious wants, and thereby to know what that same sub (or super-) concious knows that I don't. I've gotten good at reading for friends by letting them know several meanings for each card and seeing what applies to them.  

Nyctalopia

[ Le` Panda ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:54 am
ouji boards are soo much more dangerous! dont get me wronge tarot cards in my opinion are evil! i never thought so before because i always used to do them until my mum told me about them being evil, and i noticed that from the moment i had them in my house, bad things started to happen! i got rid of them because my mum wanted them out of the house...and then it all stopped...life was good! sweatdrop yeh i think anythink to do with summoning ghosts or spirits are evil twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:15 am
Tarot works in a way that it absorbs its owner's emotions over a period of time. It supposibly takes the natural ability of foresight/seering and arranges the cards accordingly to reflect inner thoughts. There is no danger involved. The entire process of tarot is based off of meditation and being centered... remaining balanced is very important. Nothing evil about them whatsoever.

Ouiji on the other hand, opens a doorway in which anything can pass through. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out why this is extremely risky. Most entities envy the living to the point of hatred. They are not trustworthy, they love to lie, and they want to cause as much pain as possible. In Ouiji, you are conjuring an entity... and allowing it to come into your body. How safe does that sound to you?  

Ciora

VivoDePyre

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:50 pm
darkblu angel
ouji boards are soo much more dangerous! dont get me wronge tarot cards in my opinion are evil! i never thought so before because i always used to do them until my mum told me about them being evil, and i noticed that from the moment i had them in my house, bad things started to happen! i got rid of them because my mum wanted them out of the house...and then it all stopped...life was good! sweatdrop yeh i think anythink to do with summoning ghosts or spirits are evil twisted

You probobly used the deck wrong. Once you buy one, you start to, I guess you could say, bond with the deck. If you use it wrong or don't listen, it could get anrgy. Here are some simple rules.

1. Don't give yourself readings very often.

2. Listen to what the deck is saying. If you feel as if something should be left out, leave it out. One time, my freind had me do a reading to see if he would get his girlfreind back. After I gave him the reading, he wanted to give her the information too. Suddenly, something made me feel as if he shouldn't. I told him not too. Stuff like that. (Btw, they're back together again like the prediction said.)

3. Don't redeal the cards. It's not always going to come out pretty. If you get a bad reading, tell them and give them advice on how to handle the situation and to use the knowledge to better the situation.

4. Don't neglect/ purposely damage the deck. Keep it safe and in good condition.

5. Don't play around with it. Don't use it jokingly. Feel free to use it to play games such as Tarot or games that require it. Just don't make jokes out of the readings. Unless it calls someone stupid. Then you can chuckle a bit. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:22 am
Pyrokin132

You probobly used the deck wrong. Once you buy one, you start to, I guess you could say, bond with the deck. If you use it wrong or don't listen, it could get anrgy. Here are some simple rules.

Untrue. You can do readings as often or as sparsely as you'd like. The key is to keeping your focus strong enough.

Pyrokin132

2. Listen to what the deck is saying. If you feel as if something should be left out, leave it out. One time, my freind had me do a reading to see if he would get his girlfreind back. After I gave him the reading, he wanted to give her the information too. Suddenly, something made me feel as if he shouldn't. I told him not too. Stuff like that. (Btw, they're back together again like the prediction said.

Always follow your intuition. Sure, you can give the textbook definitions everytime, but intuition gives it a little kick.

Pyrokin132

3. Don't redeal the cards. It's not always going to come out pretty. If you get a bad reading, tell them and give them advice on how to handle the situation and to use the knowledge to better the situation.

If you're having a hard time focusing, take the time to look at each card individually, make sure they are facing the same way, and remember the meanings as you pass through them. Normally weak readings come with not understanding the definitions of your cards. Connect well with them for better results.

Pyrokin132

4. Don't neglect/ purposely damage the deck. Keep it safe and in good condition.

That much is a given. Do not keep them in the box they originally came in. Find a piece of navy blue or dark violet cloth to wrap them in (this blocks out other emotions from getting to your deck). It is preferable that you find a wooden box to store them in... but you can also use a regular pull-string bag.

Pyrokin132

5. Don't play around with it. Don't use it jokingly. Feel free to use it to play games such as Tarot or games that require it. Just don't make jokes out of the readings. Unless it calls someone stupid. Then you can chuckle a bit. wink

You'd be surprised. I've had readings where I've just "played around"... and they forewarned of a certain someone's death or unplanned pregnancy. It does apply, though, that you respect your deck and not hold any superstitions or prejudices against it. Otherwise, your readings will come out very scrambled. I also recommend NOT doing a reading when the Querent is intoxicated... it will just give you a headache.  

Ciora

ajina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:40 pm
Tarot cards aren't dangerous; it's just the spirit of the deck connecting to the spirit of the reader...
Ouija boards, on the other hand.... To quote my sister, "Bad Juju!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:54 pm
Ajina
Tarot cards aren't dangerous; it's just the spirit of the deck connecting to the spirit of the reader...
Ouija boards, on the other hand.... To quote my sister, "Bad Juju!"

rofl ...I'm sorry...it just reminded me Of Tak and the juju's...xD  

Nox -Chan

VivoDePyre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:50 am
Ciora
Pyrokin132

Untrue. You can do readings as often or as sparsely as you'd like. The key is to keeping your focus strong enough.

Pyrokin132

2. Listen to what the deck is saying. If you feel as if something should be left out, leave it out. One time, my freind had me do a reading to see if he would get his girlfreind back. After I gave him the reading, he wanted to give her the information too. Suddenly, something made me feel as if he shouldn't. I told him not too. Stuff like that. (Btw, they're back together again like the prediction said.

Always follow your intuition. Sure, you can give the textbook definitions everytime, but intuition gives it a little kick.

Pyrokin132

If you're having a hard time focusing, take the time to look at each card individually, make sure they are facing the same way, and remember the meanings as you pass through them. Normally weak readings come with not understanding the definitions of your cards. Connect well with them for better results.

Pyrokin132

That much is a given. Do not keep them in the box they originally came in. Find a piece of navy blue or dark violet cloth to wrap them in (this blocks out other emotions from getting to your deck). It is preferable that you find a wooden box to store them in... but you can also use a regular pull-string bag.

Pyrokin132

You'd be surprised. I've had readings where I've just "played around"... and they forewarned of a certain someone's death or unplanned pregnancy. It does apply, though, that you respect your deck and not hold any superstitions or prejudices against it. Otherwise, your readings will come out very scrambled. I also recommend NOT doing a reading when the Querent is intoxicated... it will just give you a headache.

I got the first rule out of the booklet that came with the deck. It may have something to due with the fact that you might read it only as what you want it to read. A good example would be The Magician. You could read the card as what you want it to be but your intuition says that it is something else. 3nodding  
Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff