Elves rule?
Forever!
100%
 100%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 28

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:49 am
Know anything interesting (or not so interesting) from the LOTR that most people wouldn't know?

For example, did you know Faramir was born in the same year as Sam? Was interesting to go look back and do a few calculations to work out how old each fellowship member was etc. I'm pretty sure it said Boromir was at least 40 and the age difference between Eowyn and Faramir was at least 5 years...and how young Elanor was when she went to Gondor...

Haven't quite gone to read the rest yet although as soon as I get my hands on my library card...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:38 pm
Sadly there is not much that I know that other people wouldn't know. I would have to think to find out something special.... I think I'll just enjoy everyone elses information ^^  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:16 am
IF you have the books, look it up and just add it...anything...

On a side note...[Not many active members in here are there....]  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:04 pm
I know >< The book is at my house in Kentucky but I'm on vacation for like 5 more weeks ><  

churrlo

Soloikos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:57 pm
I don't know how well-known this is, but I've always thought it was funny how the whole thing got started. Tolkien, being a professor, was grading papers and someone had been kind enough to turn in a blank paper. When confronted with this paper, Tolkien quickly scribbled, "In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit." And over the course of subsequent weeks he asked himself what kind of hole it was, why was a hobbit living in one, and most importantly, what is a hobbit?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:34 am
surprised Cool!  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:55 am
Lol, I really don't think thats what happened though...he was fairly young when he first started wasn't he? Though it sounds like something I would do when starting a story.....  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:25 pm
blaugh  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:21 am
Exactly, By the way, does anyone know how old each member of the fellowship was during the.....journey to destroy the one ring?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:00 pm
The Hobbits were around... in their 30's I think? That's all I remember xd  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:22 am
I've found out the ages during the war of the ring...
Frodo = 50, Legolas = age varies, wikipedia says 800–900, however I read somewhere that he was at least 2000+, Aragorn = 87, Gimli = 139, Gandalf = Ancient definitely oldest, Pippin 28(still in tweens 3nodding ), Merry = 36, Boromir = 40, Sam = 35

Puts things into a different perspective doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:40 pm
Frodo was 50?! eek I didn't think it was that many years... >< Wow! Gandalf was AT LEAST... 3000 years old I'm thinking. Cause he said at one point that he had lived "300 years of men", sooo that's around 3000 right? razz  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:00 am
Lol, wasn't he around since the first age? I can't calculate....anyway I remember seeing a legolas vs gandalf (in terms of age) thread somewhere. Did you see it?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:02 am
Hmm no, and yes he was around that long. It it said that soon after the Numenorians came to Middle Earth that the wizards came, and they were sent by "them", I'm assuming the Valar. It's in the Simarillion I do believe ^_^  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:56 pm
Yeps, which obviously means that Gandalf is older, I can't understand how that argument could last for so long.  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff