Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Doctor Who Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Doctor Who, Cyber Man, Dalek, SciFi, Banana 

Reply The Doctor Who Guild
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Enigmatic_SEF
Captain

Enigmatic Doll

28,240 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:28 pm
Please read the rules. There aren't that many of them so I expect you to know them.

Welcome to the Doctor Who Guild! heart Thank you SO much for joining.

Users will kindly not reply to this topic unless it is to introduce yourself. Chat in the chat subforum, not the intro topic.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:45 am
To get things started in the introductions, I'm known as Mendou. I've been a Doctor Who fan for the last twenty years, thanks to a sixth-grade reading teacher who handed me a couple of novelizations which fired my imagination. I'm a fan of both the classic and new series, though I can't decide on a favorite Doctor (right now I'm leaning toward Patrick Troughton, but that could easily change). I've seen nearly every story made since 1970, and would love to see all of the remaining '60s episodes. For villains, I prefer Cybermen, and my favorite companions include Jamie and Zoe (not to mention Sarah Jane, Adric, Romana, and a host of others). I count myself as an obsessed Whovian (when I'm not being an anime otaku ^_^;; ). I'm also a moderator here; if you need any help let me know, and I'll see what I can do (as a librarian, that's my job in real life as well).

Welcome to the Guild!  

Mendou

williamthebloody1880

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:14 am
Hello  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:06 pm
I'm Joe Jones, Mendou's evil twin. (or is it the other way around?) I was introduced to Doctor Who at the same time and by the same teacher. (Thank you, Mrs. Komar, wherever you are.) I'm not sure which Doctor is my favorite at this moment, although I feel that Sylvester McCoy's Doctor could have been one of the best if he'd had scripts that could have lived up to his potential. And then, Paul McGann could've done so much more with the role if the Doctor Who TV movie from the '90s would've spawned a series....

I'm not quite as obsessed as Mendou, but I'm still a big fan. And also a moderator, so if you have any questions, comments, etc., I'll do my best to help out (or refer you to someone who can).

Jelly baby, anyone?  

JoeJones

Patent Dragon

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:26 am
I've been a Doctor Who fan for as long as I can remember, and the theme tune STILL makes the hairs stand on end. Looking forward to sharing my knowledge and spreading the word!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:08 am
My Gaia alias is Vanille Chocolat, but I answer to anything ranging from Ren - a nickname given to be by a Kiwi friend x3! - to what'shername.

I'm only young - just turned fifteen this January, actually - but I've grown up knowing this and that about Doctor Who. I can distinctly remember running around the playground at seven years with a group of peers pretending to be Daleks x3;;. But then, it's a large part of History and no doubt our parents grew up with it, so it's no wonder my generation would know even a little about it.

I hope to learn more about the previous series from you all, as I'm really enjoying the new one. Which, coincidently, I have on right now xD!

*Mwee*  

Frothy Crema

Sernin

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:36 am
A friend of mine turned me onto Dr Who probably 15 years ago. I knew of Tom Baker because he was on TV in the US, but my friend introduced me to the other doctors and I liked most of them better than Tom Baker. I'm watching the current episodes on Canadian TV, so I'm very happy, except that I think they're two or three episodes behind.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:21 pm
Hello my name is Roadblazer. I am a Doctor Who fan even though episodes are not quite available to me. I have joined the guild to learn more about the show and to discuss Doctor Who.  

roadblazer

The_Enigmatic_SEF
Captain

Enigmatic Doll

28,240 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:07 am
I should probably introduce myself now.
My Name is Seffy (or at least thats what everyone calls me), I am a 22 year old art major born bred and living in missouri. I've been watching Dr Who since before I can remember when it was on PBS. My two favorite Doctors are Tom Baker and Collin Baker (no relation). My favorite companions were Romana 2, Turlough, Jamie, Sarah Jane Smith, and Susan. My favorite bad guys are the ones in the big hokey rubber suits, because they Acted SO hard to get kids behind their sofas heart
I'm your Administraitor in this guild, but please don't think of me as much more then a fan. I'm just here to break up fights.
Thats me heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:25 am
Hello my duckies! surprised heart

*Points to username* That's me. 3nodding Along with various nicknames (mostly abbreviations).

I've always been interested in the whole Dr Who thing. My family thinks I'm nuts (no unusual thing with people who know me)- when I heard that Dr Who was coming back I was so hyper. My words were something to the effect of 'Yay! The program that scared the begeebers outta me is back!' See? Totally nuts.

I was so scared of just the music that I couldn't even stay in the same room when it was on, let alone behind the sofa. xd But inevitably, curiosity kills the cat. Or in this case, the Fuzzykit. I couldn't resist peeking every so often, and often to result in nightmares during sleep. >_>;

But now I've grown up and can enjoy it without the fear. ^_^ At least not much- thought it's mostly gone now, I used to have an inexplicable and irrational fear of the old World War gas masks. Don't ask me why- I was just really scared of how they looked. So I think if I were to watch the latest episode (The Empty Child, something like that) when I was little, it probably would have just about finished me off. Now it just freaks me out slightly. ^-^ o.o However it was because Dr Who had such an impact on me early in life that I'm such a fan of it now. X3

*Hands out Dalek-shaped cookies because she's run out of things to say*  

Fuzzykit

iPizza231

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:32 pm
Hello. X3

I was unfortunate enough to be born round about the time the original series of Doctor Who ended (late 80's), so I never had the oppourtunity to grow up enjoying the show, as much as I wanted to. Now that the new episodes have started, I've been watching them religiously with my Who-addicted mother, and we both love it -- we've pre-ordered the DVD box set and taped every single episode so far, even though taping them when we're getting the DVDs is a little redundant.

Let's see, what else? I learnt the meaning of the word "exterminate" from the Daleks, which are my mother's favourite characters ever (and, I'll admit it, mine too). We're actually planning on building a life-sized Dalek together to terrorise children with. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:31 am
Probably about time I put something here. I've been into Doctor Who ever since I saw a chair eat a man as a small child o_o

Eat your heart out, Freud xD

When not spouting off about the Kandyman, Raston Cyber Warrior Robots and that-one-where-the-Daleks-invade-an-old-English-house-which-is really-quite-funny you'll probably find me eating cereal. As indeed I am doing now. Mmmmm oat crunch 3nodding  

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Nekro-clank

Dapper Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:38 am
Hey, I'm Neko-cat, as my username says.
I always loved Doctor Who, although I had not seen a single episode. I knew about the Doctor, the Tardis, regenerations, Daleks and Cybermen. I knew the theme tune. On long car journeys I would pursuade my sister to do the "Waa-wooos" while I did the "Didelee-dum" part. xd I've always thought that the "doctor Who Scarf" was cool before I even knew exactly what it looked like.
I saw the Comic relief special, Curse of Fatal Death, and it cracked me up. I followed it quite well as I knew the basics of what it was about.
I am now in love with the series. I have still only seen the new episodes, but I am determined to see more.
I am an avatar editor, currently working on DW edits *points to rando-sig* so if you have any suggestions for edits, go ahead and tell me. 3nodding

I am determined to:
Make at least one edit of every incarnation of the doctor
Watch as many episodes as possible
Buy/Make a Tom Baker scarf
get that Sonic Screwdriver pen I saw on some website somewhere (DONE!)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:55 pm
Hi I am Renaissance a lifetime Doctor Who Fan from America Yay for me! I have noticed that a great deal of this guild is for the new Doctor Who while admittidly I do get to see it I get to see it after all of you and am only up to the episode The Doctor Dances. I am however a wonderfull sorce for pictures of just about anything Doctor Who related you could possably want. And masses of information on the original series I enjoy the Peter Cushing 60's movies, and the new series but be warned I dislike Paul McGann's doctor and often strike him from my list. I also happen to be a mass Doctor Who collector from Records to Target Books to pin's, and Remote Control Daleks.  

Renaissance

Vintage Gaian

Freakish

2,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:07 am
Greetings and salutations.

I'm Freakish and to start it all off, I'm American. I've been watching all of the episodes from the Internet (I'm a pirate! Yarrr.) and am absolutely obsessed with the new season. Sadly I've only seen the current series, and the Dr. Who movie so I'm a bit of a newbie. I am always up to learning new things about it though so don't mind me if I spam with stupid questions.

I'm also over the age of 25 (shh tell no one). I work at home doing web and graphic design. I have a wonderful fiancee and four spoiled cats. The end.  
The Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff