Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
If Jupiter is outside the Asteroid Belt...... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you draw that kind of logic?
  Beats me.
  SHHHH it's a secret.
  Anime's not supposed to make sense.
  Poll Whore Option. All rights reserved.
View Results

LibrarianThaedrisAedis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:03 am
Then why isn't she considered an Outer? I mean Jupiter IS an outer planet of the solar system...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:07 am
I dunno, Takauchi-san didn't want that.. x.x hmm....who knows.  

ElaborateDream

User_8572

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:09 am
The moon princess need 4 close and 4 away to make it even, but splendiferous point!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:32 am
The Outers and Inners are chosen not by location according to the asteroid belt, but by the astrological placement of their guardian planets. Jupiter is part of the Inner system according to Astrology, because it was known of without a telescope. Uranus, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto were discovered long after Jupiter was known of, so they are tacked onto Astrology in terms of properties and guardian planets of birth signs, making them "the Outers".  

Syndrama

Vivi~chan64

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:46 pm
~Alechsa~
The Outers and Inners are chosen not by location according to the asteroid belt, but by the astrological placement of their guardian planets. Jupiter is part of the Inner system according to Astrology, because it was known of without a telescope. Uranus, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto were discovered long after Jupiter was known of, so they are tacked onto Astrology in terms of properties and guardian planets of birth signs, making them "the Outers".

Wow! you know alot about Astrology!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:29 pm
I don't know, it's anime. dramallama
^But, yeah, what she said.  

WasabiMonster

Jupiter_Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:18 pm
It's the Jupiter Kingdom's greatest secret  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:50 pm
Vivi~chan64
~Alechsa~

Wow! you know alot about Astrology!

I agree! Way to go! biggrin  

Deranged_Rabbit

MistressBriseis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:01 pm
Who knows? I'm glad she was part of the inners though . . .  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:34 pm
Simple...
At first, Naoko said she wanted to make a story about five girls. A team story. So she did Sailor Moon and used those five.

She didnt even think the outer senshi up until later when she decided to make more seasons.  

Kimiski-Chan

Syndrama

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:47 am
Kimiski-Chan
Simple...
At first, Naoko said she wanted to make a story about five girls. A team story. So she did Sailor Moon and used those five.

She didnt even think the outer senshi up until later when she decided to make more seasons.

True, but you'll notice they aren't called the INNER senshi until she creates the Outer group, and they ARE called that because of the astrological groupings of their planets. Naoko either lucked out, or chose to use those four planets because they were astrologically linked in a group.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:09 pm
~Alechsa~
Kimiski-Chan
Simple...

True, but you'll notice they aren't called the INNER senshi until she creates the Outer group, and they ARE called that because of the astrological groupings of their planets. Naoko either lucked out, or chose to use those four planets because they were astrologically linked in a group.

Plus in season 1 in the anime you can see Neptune in one of those yellow bubbles where Queen Serenity sent them all to the future on Earth... hmm. I honestly think she planned out all the senshi but made a good note not to mention them in her series until she knew it'd be a success. It's good planning to me, but who'll ever know?  

User_8572

Kimiski-Chan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:33 pm
~Alechsa~
Kimiski-Chan
Simple...

I dont care.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:01 pm
~Alechsa~
...well technically they were never called "inner" and "outer;" those are fan~made terms. but i wouldn't be surprised if the groupings were based on astrology. takeuchi~sensei certainly did do a lot of research into things like that when she was creating and designing the characters.

i think the fact that 5 is a popular number for main characters/protagonists in sentai shows
[live action team shows, like power rangers] probably also had an effect. i think i remember reading somewhere that part of her original aim was to create a story that combined sentai and mahou shoujo. 3nodding

Kawaki
Plus in season 1 in the anime you can see Neptune in one of those yellow bubbles where Queen Serenity sent them all to the future on Earth... hmm. I honestly think she planned out all the senshi but made a good note not to mention them in her series until she knew it'd be a success. It's good planning to me, but who'll ever know?
that's kind of disputed actually. i used to think that it was her, but now i'm inclined to believe that it's just an incredibly weird coincidence. i remember seeing an early concept sketch of haruka and michiru somewhere that was dated after the anime debuted, but i can't find it at the moment. i'll see if i can find it, though.  

pink robotic techno kitty

Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces