Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
.:: What is love? ::. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love?
I love you! O.O
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
O.O Golds O.O
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:42 pm
I took an English class named "Love in Litterature" and the teacher told us that each person has his own definition of love.
So what's yours?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:54 pm
i'm too young to know the definition of love blaugh  

[J.C.]

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:19 pm
Love is what happens between a mother duck and her eggs. It is a form of protection, an act of devotion, a whisper of faith, and the ties of loyalty. It's what forms the dance of a whooping crane. It is why a dog will not leave his master's side, and will stay by the heel of his tombstone until his bones are part of the ground. Love is what makes a person feel as if someone else is more important than themselves, what lets them set aside their selfishness. It makes a person become one with another, merged and inseperable, even at death. And love is around the world, and perhaps, the universe.

I am looking for love, seeking the power that supports many with one. I seek the rope that binds my friends and family together with me. But most of all, I'm searching for the person who shares my end of the rope. The one that I will give myself for, and merge as one. The one that I will give up everything for... I am looking for my special someone. And I'm wishing with all my heart, that they are looking for me as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:49 pm
Riyoku Sakimori
Love is what happens between a mother duck and her eggs. It is a form of protection, an act of devotion, a whisper of faith, and the ties of loyalty. It's what forms the dance of a whooping crane. It is why a dog will not leave his master's side, and will stay by the heel of his tombstone until his bones are part of the ground. Love is what makes a person feel as if someone else is more important than themselves, what lets them set aside their selfishness. It makes a person become one with another, merged and inseperable, even at death. And love is around the world, and perhaps, the universe.

I am looking for love, seeking the power that supports many with one. I seek the rope that binds my friends and family together with me. But most of all, I'm searching for the person who shares my end of the rope. The one that I will give myself for, and merge as one. The one that I will give up everything for... I am looking for my special someone. And I'm wishing with all my heart, that they are looking for me as well.

eek wow, that was deep, i think  

[J.C.]

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:42 pm
I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of love to myself still but for some reason whenever I read romantic novels I feel some thrill/feeling rush within me, probally just envy.

From what I've concluded..
It is a feeling that we all have, we can either accept it or continue to run from it. Running only makes the desire for love stronger. We all desired to be loved but as someone that in someway fears it we try to push it away.
You know you love someone when they become someone you'd do anything to be with them and protect them forever. They bring out the smile within you and give you a sense of security within.
Love is not only for the young but age never matters and can be for anyone.

Though it does have its bad aspects such as it can be blinding at times beacuse it can end up being the only thing on your mind taking your attention away from other obligations. And yes it does hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:12 pm
Love is a load of bullsh*t...

Ok, not really. But there are just too many people out there using other people's hearts and using them in th ename of love, so I'd prefer friendshipmore than love. Although I realise that there is love in friendship, but then I just don't want to go too deep into that kind of friendship.  

cold_blooded_chick

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:05 pm
Love can be defined as anything which opposes any definition of hate.

Um, if you can find a flaw in my logic feel free to not tell me. smile Good day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:01 am
wiim

Um, if you can find a flaw in my logic feel free to to tell me. smile Good day.

but, what does hate mean?

if hate can be defined as anything whuch opposites any definition of love, then there is no real meaning to love or hate. Have a nice day!

xiiao-ai

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:39 am
wiim

Um, if you can find a flaw in my logic feel free to not tell me. smile Good day.

xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:26 am
sinfulanjel

if hate can be defined as anything whuch opposites any definition of love, then there is no real meaning to love or hate. Have a nice day!
ninja
wiim

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:08 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
sinfulanjel

ninja
wiim

You're messing with my words, Dzsg! wink  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:34 am
wiim
Darkaznstargoddess
sinfulanjel

ninja
wiim

You're messing with my words, Dzsg! wink

Go go Darkaznstargoddess!!! I support you!!!  

cold_blooded_chick

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:00 am
cold_blooded_chick
wiim
Darkaznstargoddess
sinfulanjel

ninja
wiim

You're messing with my words, Dasg! wink

Go go Darkaznstargoddess!!! I support you!!!
surprised Anarchist/mutineer/usurper/traitor/........Deb!! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:38 am
wat kind of love? there is so many different kinds 親情,愛情,友情 etc.  

shinelover

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:54 am
Hmm... my definition of "what is love?"

Well... for the sake of rhetoric, it's everything that is not love. xd 3nodding  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff