Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
New name for emo? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StrangelyYours16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:57 am
Okay this has been bugging me for awhile now. why the hell do they call emo 'emo'? Every single human being has emotions and it's not a bad thing to be emotional. So being emotional leads to being more feminine than you need to be? I don't mind feminine guys but god, some people really push it. Why is nearly every emo guy bisexual? Nothing against that either but seriously, its making this another trend. "Oh I think I'm going to be bisexual today" Get a life. Someone needs to get a new name for emo because if this whole setup continues then there is going to be a war between feminine males and masculine females. This is the world we live in. Let's try not to ******** it up. I know 'm being harsh and I never used to mind emos but now EVERYONE is considered emo now and it is officially the new trend. Last year was avril lavigne ties, this year it's girls pants and dyed black hair. What's next? Lipgloss in black? I don't know. But I need some names for emo. talk about whatever you think about any of this. Agree or disagree or just discuss new emo things. whatever.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:22 pm
okay. you just officially were given owner ship of my heart. i agree with you completly (i'm also anti-label biggrin so i donno if my word counts) but emo means emotional and now that it's a fad all the hot guys are over one another. i. H-A-T-E. this!  

tHe_sHiNs_aRe_mY_hEaRt

xdeartradegy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:56 pm
Yeah, i completely agree with you too.
But i cant think of any names...sorry confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:28 pm
HAY, I GOT AN IDEA, WHY DON'T WE CALL IT BY IT'S REAL NAME:

POP-ROCK.

Emo has been dead for years, I don't see why people are calling all this pop-rock 'emo'.

Emo doesn't even MEAN emotional. It means
EMOTIVE HARDCORE. Let's go people, let's eat some smart for breakfast from now on.  

Xyloid

Thida Fxcking Tragedy++

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:45 pm
What xloid said  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:21 am
so what if i'm bisexual, i can't help how i'm made...they haff to be super adorable tho, i'm really picky-choosy on guys, like really REALLY picky-choosy...i guess thats why i've never hadone...i really don't want one, i just think alot of 'emo' boys are adorable <3, that still means i'm bi tho right.? oh well i get along better w/ the girls, ya see i don't want a guy because guys are dicks!  

sinister_murdock

Gambino Statue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:55 am
sinister_murdock
so what if i'm bisexual, i can't help how i'm made...they haff to be super adorable tho, i'm really picky-choosy on guys, like really REALLY picky-choosy...i guess thats why i've never hadone...i really don't want one, i just think alot of 'emo' boys are adorable <3, that still means i'm bi tho right.? oh well i get along better w/ the girls, ya see i don't want a guy because guys are dicks!

Your a guy and your not a d**k XD

Emo confuses me. I have a hard time telling what has been labelled and socially excepted as 'emo' and what hasnt.

I have to agree with the Pop-Rock thing >.<
Bring back Rites of Spring and Sunny Day Real Estate. Quick. Someone. Now.

But what confuses me even more is why people who are so clearly opposed to this whole 'emo' business would join 'the emo guild' |:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:43 pm
xLIZA
sinister_murdock

Emo confuses me. I have a hard time telling what has been labelled and socially excepted as 'emo' and what hasnt.

But what confuses me even more is why people who are so clearly opposed to this whole 'emo' business would join 'the emo guild' |:

It's more to talk about music, but then everybody gets so caught up in the actual 'trend' emo that they forget the real meaning. Then there are a bunch ofpeople walking around thinking they are sinisterly emo and say they hate labels, then they walk around with a sign that says look i'm emo.  

Emo Smurfette

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:56 pm
Labvelsand stereotypes,as much as you might not like them, are a useful social tool, they give you waring of how to approach a situation or group of people, what jokes to make, what remarks are over the line and what their interests are.

Without stereotypes, there would be chaos, I am one of thew few who hasd no official stereotype, as I am a goth/metaller/rocker/greaser/punk/geek and some even dare to call me emo, usually just before I visit pain upon them. (don't ask why I ended up here, its a long story).  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:03 am
Quote:

aw, yeah...
I mean, some pop is good, but don't go around calling FOB and Panic! at the Disco emo or I'll bite your head off.
Someone once said the All-Americans were emo because most of their songs were about breakup.
._______.;;

that's just insane.  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

KatKaboodle

Romantic Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:25 am
Emo Smurfette
xLIZA
sinister_murdock

It's more to talk about music, but then everybody gets so caught up in the actual 'trend' emo that they forget the real meaning. Then there are a bunch ofpeople walking around thinking they are sinisterly emo and say they hate labels, then they walk around with a sign that says look i'm emo.

Sadly, I have done that. I was all like I am Anti-label but then I say I want a cute "emo" guy for a bf. and uhhh just defeats the whole anti-labeling thing huh?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:12 pm
sinister_murdock

you are deffintily not BI dude. Im sorry.

Don't clame it unless youve tried it.

and the whole stupid emo thing is well just that stupid.  

jbiszombieboi

SilverCities

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:08 pm
You're kiding right...You can't be a emo if you don't even know what it stands for.

EMOTIVE
HARDXCORE.

emo You killed my day. emo  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:06 pm
Rellik San
Labvelsand stereotypes,as much as you might not like them, are a useful social tool, they give you waring of how to approach a situation or group of people, what jokes to make, what remarks are over the line and what their interests are.

Without stereotypes, there would be chaos, I am one of thew few who hasd no official stereotype, as I am a goth/metaller/rocker/greaser/punk/geek and some even dare to call me emo, usually just before I visit pain upon them. (don't ask why I ended up here, its a long story).
Why did you end up here?  

Nagaru Tensei

GabbieNightmare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:33 pm
StrangelyYours16
Okay this has been bugging me for awhile now. why the hell do they call emo 'emo'? Every single human being has emotions and it's not a bad thing to be emotional. So being emotional leads to being more feminine than you need to be? I don't mind feminine guys but god, some people really push it. Why is nearly every emo guy bisexual? Nothing against that either but seriously, its making this another trend. "Oh I think I'm going to be bisexual today" Get a life. Someone needs to get a new name for emo because if this whole setup continues then there is going to be a war between feminine males and masculine females. This is the world we live in. Let's try not to ******** it up. I know 'm being harsh and I never used to mind emos but now EVERYONE is considered emo now and it is officially the new trend. Last year was avril lavigne ties, this year it's girls pants and dyed black hair. What's next? Lipgloss in black? I don't know. But I need some names for emo. talk about whatever you think about any of this. Agree or disagree or just discuss new emo things. whatever.

NOOOOOOO I LOVE THE NAME EMO!  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games