Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Season 1 Last Episode Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:08 am
Okay, so I was thinking about this the other day. I have the first season subtitled and I was watching the last episode and I know that it is different than the so called dubbed version... So tell me... What are the differences between the last episode in season 1 between the japanese version and the american version?

Also, wasn't there this weird episode during R that was like talking about what might be coming up like the Outers? I always hated watching it because I thought it was stupid... Was that really in the Japanese version or not? lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:08 pm
First major difference: The last episode in America was only one episode, instead of a two-parter.

Second major difference: Japan shows the deaths, America doesn't.

Third major difference: Usagi's wish is rephrased.  

Syndrama

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:21 pm
Thank you so much smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:58 pm
the DD Girls were called the Doom and Gloom Girls..........  

Ophie In Water

Deranged_Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:17 pm
I haven't seen the Japanese version, so I couldn't tell you. >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:15 am
a bunch of scenes in the beginning of the 1st part are cut out, and things in the 2nd part are either sped up, cliped out, or altered

and yes, the episode where they talk about the outers IS actually part of the series, it's a clip show,

and actually the dialouge in the Jap and Dub version are actually pretty close to each other, which is kinda rare for DiC to actually stick to the original script...  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

ElaborateDream

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:25 am
The diff with the dubbed/subbed

1//It was originally a two parter
2//All the inners were maliciouslly murdered by the doom/gloom girls
3//The dailouge was much better
4//The fighting song was beautiful
5//Usagi was killed at the end
6//They were all reborn..etc..etc
7//Darien's name is Prince ENDYMION...damn it..X.x *grumbles*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:51 am
The last episode was one of my top 5 of Sailor Moon. I hated how different the Dub made it from the original!! Grr! I loved how in the Japanese one, Jupiter’s last words were 'Cheer up Princess' or Rei's 'you were right Sailor Moon, I should've kiss Yuichirou' OH so sad but cute!! And that fight scene between Sailor Moon and evil Endymion was awesome!! *Favorite Fight Scene EVER in Sailor Moon* plus the ending were Mamoru tells Usagi to go find a cool new boyfriend and Usagi says that's he's the coolest and he dies. It makes me so sad that America has NO idea if they never saw the original. That makes me sad!! And the cutest part was Usagi's little speech as that pink light passes over them all... makes me cry every time!! Oh, I loved that~

And on that last episode in season 2 of Sailor Moon with the clips of S and them comparing who's the best senshi of all DOES exist in the Japanese version. It was a filler since they still had to produce 1 more episode for that season. It was just to re-cap on everything and waist time for them to get ready to release the S manga and the debuting tv series, the episode title was 89. Usagi tachi no ketsui! Atarashiki tatakai no jokyoku!
Usagi's Final Decision! Prologue to a New Battle!  

User_8572

ElaborateDream

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:55 pm
Kawaki
That makes me sad!! And the cutest part was Usagi's little speech as that pink light passes over them all... makes me cry every time!! Oh, I loved that~

usagi: "I can't kiss you mamo-chan...the others haven't had their first kiss yet..."

*something like that*

Me: *cries every time*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:01 pm
I watched the Japanese version then I started watching the America one. I have one thing to say. I could not bring myself to watch the American one all the way through. Too many cut scenes  

Princess_Mew_Mew_Ichigo

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:11 pm
I liked the manga version of the ending. It's so much cooler 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:57 am
Wow, this got a lot of responses, thanks guys.

Am I making this up, but at the end of the last episodes for season one in the dub, doesn't it show Serena visiting Darien or is my mind just making this up? I know there is a scene like that in the last episode of the japanese version, but this was when Darien was getting his memories back and Serena was talking to him... Maybe my mind is playing ticks on me, I haven't seen the english ending in forever so x.o I'd like to see it though, just to see how they did it since its been so long..  

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100

The[Princess]

Fashionable Millionaire

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:59 pm
MikiSohma
Wow, this got a lot of responses, thanks guys.

Am I making this up, but at the end of the last episodes for season one in the dub, doesn't it show Serena visiting Darien or is my mind just making this up? I know there is a scene like that in the last episode of the japanese version, but this was when Darien was getting his memories back and Serena was talking to him... Maybe my mind is playing ticks on me, I haven't seen the english ending in forever so x.o I'd like to see it though, just to see how they did it since its been so long..
I've never seen Japanese version, so i couldn't tell you the differences, but I think I know what your talking about. She goes to visit Darien in the hospital and he says something about her hair. o her grades..or something like that. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:33 pm
I remember that. He calls her "Meatball Head" again and she gets mad. I haven't seen the Japanese ending either, but I think the scene is there, just different lines.  

Darkness Cake

Kimiski-Chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:16 pm
In the Japanese version of the last episode, you actually get to see Endymion electicute Serenity with a black rose, choke her, and throw her across the room.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff