Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
the movie is fantastic! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:57 pm
quote from ursa minor beta, an LJ HHG2TG community:

Quote:
DON'T PANIC!

The movie was WONDERFUL! All of the actors do a wonderful job, except for Mos Def who apparently thought that Ford Prefect was a homosexual hippie. Zaphod, who resembles a red-neck cowboy, had me giggling thoughout the whole movie like a giddy school-girl with his random thoughts and obsession with "pretty buttons."

All in all, the movie will appeal to old fans and people who have never even heard of it seeing as how it follows the same path as the first book but still trails off in it's own direction.

Ford fans, like myself, will be quite disappointed though. The story lacks his witty remarks and psychopathic ramblings which are instead replaced by comforting words and sympathy towards all things.

The movie has obviously been tailored to fit American standards, taking more of a romantic twist on things between Arthur and Trillian. This will complicate things a bit if they ever decide to make a movie for each book unless they want to re-write everything we know and love (or hate) about Random.

So, all you worried fans...

Go buy yourself a ticket on Friday, and, above all...

Don't Panic.

blaugh whee

has anyone else seen the advanced screening? what did you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:08 pm
Good to hear!
I'm going to go see a midnight show tommorow! Then I'll see it again on Friday! Then I might get my family to go and see it again!  

Yuuki Gunn

williamthebloody1880

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:57 pm
Seen the film. The thread title is appropriate.

I personally thought that Mos Def was good as Ford. Wasn't too sure about Zaphod being like an intergalactic rock star, but Sam Rockwell sold me on the idea.

Plenty of in jokes for the faithfull but a newbie to the H2G2 world will not get lost either.

The POV gun is another of Adams inspired creations. And the device of the Heart of Gold changing shape when the IID is used was brilliant.

The opening show song (yes, you did read that right) was hilarious. And the amout of times I got excited about a line, or something we see was stupid, bearing in mind I'm 27 years old.

Oh, and keep watching during the end credits to find out exactly how careless talk can cost lives.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:38 pm
I've got a whole party planned to see it tomorrow with a bunch of my friends. We've got shirts that we've written all over saying "Oh no, not again" or "Life... don't talk to me about life." We're planning on bringin' our towels to the movie.

Please tell me they didn't cut out the towels.  

badgerdog

circuit sparks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:31 pm
badgerdog
I've got a whole party planned to see it tomorrow with a bunch of my friends. We've got shirts that we've written all over saying "Oh no, not again" or "Life... don't talk to me about life." We're planning on bringin' our towels to the movie.

I didn't see it yet, but I do know that they didn't cut out the towels from seeing a behind teh scenes thing on BET the other night. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:52 pm
I've read on several forums that the guide entry is not in the movie, but towels are in it. Ford uses his towel quite often, which can be seen in one of the clips on Yahoo! (Vogsphere Slaps).  

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

williamthebloody1880

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:18 am
badgerdog

The towels are there. But no guide entry about them.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:59 am
I'm seeing Tomorow, or the Next day. My Towel will be accompinying me of corse....  

Electric_Tok

Verax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:03 pm
Four hours and seven minutes until I see it.

=D

I get to see it half an hour before the school group is going.

I'm sure they're all jealous.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:07 pm
I love to hear the fans say good things!! I have my towel -- and am eager to see how many fans bring theirs. (as any good fan knows one must always know where ones towel is)  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:12 pm
I JUST GOT BACK FROM SEEING IT AND IT WAS SO FANTASTIC I CAN'T STOP WRITING IN CAPS!!!

THAT MAN'S BRAIN IS POWERED BY LEMONS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:21 pm
so who took towels?  

surrealharmony

surrealharmony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:37 pm
i'm prepping...i'm listening to the soundtrack right now and about to buy some peanuts... i've never been so excited to see a movie whee

my bf doesn't want to take a towel stare  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:50 pm
I couldn't take a towel only because I only had a small purse and my friend picked me up from my therapist's office. >.>'' I don't think it would have helped matters if I had been carrying a towel. xd BUT! I have one handy by the door to my apartment because they are indeed handy! surprised

Dressed my avatar up as Ford. smile

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

feintingfolly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:25 pm
I saw it last night, midnight showing...i swear everyone had a towel it was great. I convinced my sister she had to bring one..and she did. I didn't wear my bathrobe though...o well.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games