Reply The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past
The Ultimate Version Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kira the wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:22 pm
So, I've been thinking for a long time now about all the different versions and what they've had to offer.

Red/Blue: The very first Pokemon games!

Yellow: The first game meant for Gameboy color and as an added feature, Pikachu could follow you around. It also was the start of seeing how much your Pokemon actually liked you.

Gold/Silver: A lot of new features were added such as day and night, time of day and week, Pokemon genders, improved graphics, breeding, new attacks, the select item as a feature to access items, hold items, and baby Pokemon. It also allows you to go to another region.

Crystal: Same as Gold/Silver except the storyline is slightly changed and the Pokemon actually move when you see them. You can also follow Suicune about, seeing it like an actual Pokemon. The graphics were improved as well.

Ruby/Sapphire: Another leap for Pokemon kind! The entire system seemed to be redesigned. The graphics were stunning, you actually had real colors, reflections in the water, weather, Pokemon Natures, Pokemon Special Abilities, Pokeblocks to feed Pokemon with, a better battling system, double battles, new attacks, diving, Pokemon contests, berry mixing, sayings, the TVs had a purpose, secret bases, mixing records, improved sound and picture, the Battle Tower, and far more. All it lacked was moving Pokemon, time (With day and night), and other Gold/Silver features.

Emerald: Once again like the two versions before it, it also had the same feature as Crystal with the moving Pokemon. It also had the Battle frontier as an extra fun experience for after defeating the Elite and Battle Tower (or whatever it was called, don't own this one)

FireRed/LeafGreen: If you ask me, these may be remakes of the original games in all their greatness, but they were lacking the charm of those before them. Yes, the battling system was nice but that had been done since Ruby/Saphhire. The true added specialities were the Sevii Islands, breeding, wireless links, Trainer Tower, and being able to battle people more than once. But other than that it left you wanting some more. These two came as a big dissapointment to me, but were still shining in their moments.

Dimond/Pearl: Very limited information so far, so I'll add this later.

So, now that you've been refreshed as to the new features each game held (let me know if there are more) I thought about how some of the great features weren't passed down to the next generation of games. Personally, I think if you combine Ruby/Sapphire with a little Gold/Silver you'll have the greatest Pokemon game invented.

So, if you had the choice of creating a game with its features what would you include and what would you leave out?

I would:

-Have Day/Night/Time
-Have Breeding Centers
-Pokemon Natures/Abilities
-Contests
-Diving Ability
-Graphics from Diamond/Pearl
-Have the Pokemon move when they appear, as well as ACTUALLY SHUTTING THEIR EYES WHEN THEY SLEEP. (Sorry, it bugs me. Especially Onix when he's asleep with his eyes open.)
-And have that Yellow version charm of allowing the first Pokemon in your slot to follow you around!

**New:
I've read through your responses and I will add the favorites up here

Favorites:

-First person veiw when traveling
-Differences in gender
-Day/Night
-Customizing Trainer character (Love this one!)
-Weather corresponding with Day/Night
-HMs should be abilities, not attacks!

Along with a few other things, I'd call it Pokemon Rainbow.

Discuss:

-Your features you think should be used
-Favorite Features from different versions
-Name of the Version you would create
-What you think each version was lacking
-Who would you like to have follow you around.

^_^ Well, have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:42 am
Awesome thread. My favorites were Crystal first and foremost because of Suicune and also the day & night feature where you could catch different Pokemon depending on the time. Yellow was pretty awesome. I loved the whole Pikachu idea. x] And Sapphire. Soooo many new features. I love the PokeBlocks. So much fun mixing and quite addicting. =D I'm so excited to see what Diamond/Pearl has to offer!  

Lorie Megistus

Mori no ouji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:41 pm
I fell in love with yellow and crystal. But In my perfect pokemon game... The HMs would not be actual moves, but just overworld abilities that can be acessed when you get the certian badges, Because i hate the fact that i have to make my water pokemon into a HM whore. Also, i think it would be awesome if the game was in first person view... It would be a breath takeing experience to watch The sun rise over Fortree city... or being shocked when pokemon jump out at you.. and the battle begins. Also, I would love it if they showed the difference between each genders. Also they need to combine weather with day/night... It would be the coolest thing on earth to be surfing the seas during a stormy night.
And lastly Having the Hoenn, Jhoto and Kanto reigons all in one game. I miss the Jhoto region... it was always my favorite region.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:07 pm
Maybe having all those elements PLUS Shadow Pokemon and the Orre reigon would be great. Maybe even co-op.  

Zik Fahbil

Aged Player

FullMetalBananaStickers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:50 pm
Mori no ouji
I fell in love with yellow and crystal. But In my perfect pokemon game... The HMs would not be actual moves, but just overworld abilities that can be acessed when you get the certian badges, Because i hate the fact that i have to make my water pokemon into a HM whore. Also, i think it would be awesome if the game was in first person view... It would be a breath takeing experience to watch The sun rise over Fortree city... or being shocked when pokemon jump out at you.. and the battle begins. Also, I would love it if they showed the difference between each genders. Also they need to combine weather with day/night... It would be the coolest thing on earth to be surfing the seas during a stormy night.
And lastly Having the Hoenn, Jhoto and Kanto reigons all in one game. I miss the Jhoto region... it was always my favorite region.
Oooh I agree. First person view would be lovely. biggrin And I agree with the HM thing too. I hate HMs. I usually end up teaching the bad HMs like cut and flash to random other PokeMon in my PC and only take them out. Same with the water HMs. Except surf. I'd like to have the same features as R/S too. I loved that game besides the fact there was only one world. Umm....I kind of want to be able to customize your character in the beginning... whee I hate how we all look the same. There should also be day/night, of course.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:59 pm
No one mentioned the improved graphics on Crystal! whee  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Mori no ouji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:15 pm
_cheezlvr4evr_
Mori no ouji
Oooh I agree. First person view would be lovely. biggrin And I agree with the HM thing too. I hate HMs. I usually end up teaching the bad HMs like cut and flash to random other PokeMon in my PC and only take them out. Same with the water HMs. Except surf. I'd like to have the same features as R/S too. I loved that game besides the fact there was only one world. Umm....I kind of want to be able to customize your character in the beginning... whee I hate how we all look the same. There should also be day/night, of course.

Dont get me started about HMs.... I absolutely HATE flash and rocksmash... you really dont use them much in the game and rocksmash is extremely crappy and flash is well... not my type of defensive move, i'd rather improve my attack and def then lower accuracy. And on top of that... you need them both for Victory road...
I think that once, long ago there was this AMAZING thread about the perfect pokemon game... I wish i knew what happened to it though. The creator had some awesome ideas.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:05 am
Japayuki
Awesome thread. My favorites were Crystal first and foremost because of Suicune and also the day & night feature where you could catch different Pokemon depending on the time. Yellow was pretty awesome. I loved the whole Pikachu idea. x] And Sapphire. Soooo many new features. I love the PokeBlocks. So much fun mixing and quite addicting. =D I'm so excited to see what Diamond/Pearl has to offer!

Thank you! yes, I think Crystal and Ruby/Sapphire combined would be a great version!  

Kira the wanderer

Kira the wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:09 am
Mori no ouji

Yes! That is amazing! I HATE making my Pokemon forget good moves because I have no other choice than shoving HMs down their throats. That would be great! First person veiw I thought about, but it also might make the game a little harder to navigate. But it should be an option if you ask me. They ARE showing differences between genders in Pearl/Diamons. I saw pictures and they are great! I'll update this thread.

My ultimate version would also let you be able to travel the different regions. I always wanted to start in Kanto and move into the other regions like in the show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:06 am
Kira the wanderer
Mori no ouji

Yes! That is amazing! I HATE making my Pokemon forget good moves because I have no other choice than shoving HMs down their throats. That would be great! First person veiw I thought about, but it also might make the game a little harder to navigate. But it should be an option if you ask me. They ARE showing differences between genders in Pearl/Diamons. I saw pictures and they are great! I'll update this thread.

My ultimate version would also let you be able to travel the different regions. I always wanted to start in Kanto and move into the other regions like in the show.

They ARE going to show the differences in gender! THATS Great! Now i wont keep accidentally keep catching male Raltz (That pokemon just should never be a male IMHO) And it will make breeding alot easier... There has been many times i've accidentally put pokemon of the same gender in the daycare, thinking i would get an egg...  

Mori no ouji

misplaced_left_sock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:25 am
I'd buy it.

(By the way This is Zakary_Sevendust.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:51 pm
Mori no ouji
Kira the wanderer
Mori no ouji

They ARE going to show the differences in gender! THATS Great! Now i wont keep accidentally keep catching male Raltz (That pokemon just should never be a male IMHO) And it will make breeding alot easier... There has been many times i've accidentally put pokemon of the same gender in the daycare, thinking i would get an egg...

That is hilarious. I always check. I saw pictures of the differences between Wooper. I forget which on it is, but I THINK the male Wooper has longer antenas than the female. Its a clear physical difference.  

Kira the wanderer

Kira the wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:52 pm
misplaced_left_sock
I'd buy it.

(By the way This is Zakary_Sevendust.)

What do you think the games need?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:12 pm
Kira the wanderer
Mori no ouji
Kira the wanderer
Mori no ouji

That is hilarious. I always check. I saw pictures of the differences between Wooper. I forget which on it is, but I THINK the male Wooper has longer antenas than the female. Its a clear physical difference.

Thats Pretty cool. I wonder what the differences between Male and Female Gardevoir will be... Hopefully the male one will look a bit more... Like a man. XD
Also, I would name my Version Forest green, because well... Although it seems a bit shallow, I love trees and the color green!  

Mori no ouji

Kira the wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:07 pm
Mori no ouji
Thats Pretty cool. I wonder what the differences between Male and Female Gardevoir will be... Hopefully the male one will look a bit more... Like a man. XD
Also, I would name my Version Forest green, because well... Although it seems a bit shallow, I love trees and the color green!

Oh yes, some Pokemon definately need to look a tad bit more manly. And there should NEVER be a female Mr. Mime.

Forest Green? Green's my favorite color too, but did you ever wonder why they had a "Leaf Green" when the US never released just plain old "Green"? I think it would have made more sense to have a "FireRed" and "AquaBlue".  
The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff