Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
dont you hate it when stuff you like becomes mainstreem Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u
yah let them do wat they want
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
no its annoying
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
peh
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

Vivafunkmistress

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:11 pm
dont u hate that?!its pissing me off.alot of kids who last year thought classic rock and late 60's early 70's music was lame.now they all wear their little dark side of the moon t-shirts and sing stairway to heaven. also all of a sudden the "bohiemian" look has become popular. like i show up in school in my aunt's old hippie skirt and tons of girls are wearing reproductions of it. they have the right to listen to music and wear what they want but it just gets on my nerves that there just doin it because its "in". Like i asked this girl if she even liked ac/dc and she's like "sorta i just thought the t-shirt was cute"
another example.my friend was interviewing people for the school news paper about led zepelin
"i like jimmy page,but i dont like the sex pistols"
wah??  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:31 pm
gonk Yeah. Luckily for me, people in my school are too caught up with rap to do that with my beloved Beatles. I think I'd die if they did, though. crying I wear Beatles shirts because I love the Beatles, and if I saw people wearing them too just because they think it's cool, I'd have to write a long, long rant. Then find some way to put it over morning announcements. xd

Sadly though, I think they're doing that with Led Zeppelin. crying !! I lurve Led Zeppelin.

Halle Marseille

Oktapous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:26 pm
Wait...someone thought that Jimmy Page was in the SEX PISTOLS?! I think I'm going to be sick. (I'm not only a fan of Led Zeppelin, but of the Sex Pistols)

But yeah, a lot of kids at my school wear Dark Side of the Moon shirts and have only heard a couple of songs by Pink Floyd. They haven't even listened to their other albums.

Kids at my school are more concerned about being "skater-punks" and rednecks too care about the current boho trend. Oh. Wait. I forgot! Some of the 'preppy' chicks are trying to be all boho with their mall bought peasant skirts and cheap Wal-Mart flip-flops.

Icky.

gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:35 pm
The Nightmare Before Christmas has always been one of my favorite movies since it came out when I was a little kid. Since Hot Topic has been selling their merchandise, all of a sudden everyone is wearing Jack Skellington on all of their clothes etc. It makes me sad.  

Jade Bagel

Vivafunkmistress

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:45 pm
Remote Control
Wait...someone thought that Jimmy Page was in the SEX PISTOLS?! I think I'm going to be sick. (I'm not only a fan of Led Zeppelin, but of the Sex Pistols)

But yeah, a lot of kids at my school wear Dark Side of the Moon shirts and have only heard a couple of songs by Pink Floyd. They haven't even listened to their other albums.

Kids at my school are more concerned about being "skater-punks" and rednecks too care about the current boho trend. Oh. Wait. I forgot! Some of the 'preppy' chicks are trying to be all boho with their mall bought peasant skirts and cheap Wal-Mart flip-flops.

Icky.

gonk

yes.she also said she loved jimi hendrix and dosent even listen to his music.ditz-o. when will this boho thing end??i hate it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:58 pm
uhg. I hate modern culture. why cont people just stick to their hip hop while people that have actual taste can find all the older bands that are actually good instead of having someone like MTV tell you whats good. i sampled by the way by the red hot chili peppers, and about a week later it became this HUGE thing, so i ended up looking like all the other posers around me.

and its kinda funnny, cause right now i'm wearin a floyd-t xd
and most people think that the only floyd album there was was dark side of the moon, but the one that was totally superior was the wall or momentary lapse in time.

SHEEP FRIGGIN ROCKS, by the way xp  

Jade Raccoon

Vivafunkmistress

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:04 pm
roguemeanies
uhg. I hate modern culture. why cont people just stick to their hip hop while people that have actual taste can find all the older bands that are actually good instead of having someone like MTV tell you whats good. i sampled by the way by the red hot chili peppers, and about a week later it became this HUGE thing, so i ended up looking like all the other posers around me.

and its kinda funnny, cause right now i'm wearin a floyd-t xd
and most people think that the only floyd album there was was dark side of the moon, but the one that was totally superior was the wall or momentary lapse in time.

SHEEP FRIGGIN ROCKS, by the way xp

hear hear, animals and wish you werer here!dark side of the moon is over played  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:00 pm
Meh... I hate when my stuff becomes mainstream... I was into anime before it became popular... but the other anime freaks don't really bug me that much.
Now it's becoming trendy for girls to be bi... I understand that there are some real bi people, like myself, but the other day at school I asked a girl who claimed to be bi if she would ever have sex with another girl... she said no... then I asked her if she would with a guy, and she said yes. I told her flat out then and there that seh wasn't really bi but only a stupid pouser who made the real bis look bad. She replied by saying that she kissed other girls cuz guys thought it was hot... WTF?!?! I kiss my girl cuz I love her... not cuz I wanna get laied by a buncha horny guys! Ugh... stare
Then theres the Zepplin Craze... I was raised on Zepplin by my hippie mother... heck, I have quite a few Led Zepplin albums on vinyl! Gotta lurve Zepplin! Though I don't know too much about Zepplin, being raised on thier music I can recite most of thier songs from memory and I have some basic knowledge of the band.
In terms of clothing the stuff I wear basically shifts in and out of style... I don'tgive too much of a damn... I wear whatevers comfy and I think looks decent... usally guys clothing... I am relieved that cargo pants are rather in style at the moment though since it makes them easier to get... gotta love meh comfy cargoes! blaugh  

DreamerSpirit

Libidinal Catharsis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:20 pm
It does kinda piss me off sometimes, but then I just find other stuff that I like that they know nothing about... and when someone calls me a poser, I stick it to them by showing how much I know that they don't!

Besides... my favorite band being Rush, I don't really have to worry about their going mainstream a second time... I don't think that'll be happening any time soon...

That's also why I don't really pay money for merchandise of any particular band or brand. I Just wear solid colors and buttonups... come to think of it... I kinda dress like a preppy mexican-american boy. Hehe... no wonder I'm so damn cute!

I've found there are ways around falling into mainstream categories.

Although, there's this one group of girls at my school, and I can't stand them because they think they're so different, and they're all caught up in Evanescence, and they're always playing the same goddamn song in Piano class EVERY DAY for NINETY MINUTES! It drives me nuts! Especially since, even though Amy Lee has a pretty nice voice, she's nothing but a sell out, which makes her more of a hack than someone like Kurt Kobaine (sp?), who made good music even though he couldn't sing for s**t, but at least he was mostly true to himself and to his genre of music and to his band and didn't get caught up in what he thought people would like.

woah... ranting!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:29 pm
Not really. "Everything old is new again."  

Pirri

Vivafunkmistress

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:58 am
LibidinalCatharsis
It does kinda piss me off sometimes, but then I just find other stuff that I like that they know nothing about... and when someone calls me a poser, I stick it to them by showing how much I know that they don't!

Besides... my favorite band being Rush, I don't really have to worry about their going mainstream a second time... I don't think that'll be happening any time soon...

That's also why I don't really pay money for merchandise of any particular band or brand. I Just wear solid colors and buttonups... come to think of it... I kinda dress like a preppy mexican-american boy. Hehe... no wonder I'm so damn cute!

I've found there are ways around falling into mainstream categories.

Although, there's this one group of girls at my school, and I can't stand them because they think they're so different, and they're all caught up in Evanescence, and they're always playing the same goddamn song in Piano class EVERY DAY for NINETY MINUTES! It drives me nuts! Especially since, even though Amy Lee has a pretty nice voice, she's nothing but a sell out, which makes her more of a hack than someone like Kurt Kobaine (sp?), who made good music even though he couldn't sing for s**t, but at least he was mostly true to himself and to his genre of music and to his band and didn't get caught up in what he thought people would like.

woah... ranting!

its ok this is sorta a ranting post  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:01 am
luckily everyone at my school is too obsessed with green day and mainstream rap to care about classic rock and metal,HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,im so lucky  

dirty hippie

twinkleworm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:46 pm
I would have to say that the only thing that really bugs me about s**t I like becoming trendy is when the five minute trend is over and I am still wearing/listening to/watching that particular thing. I get to look like a freak who can't keep up. Doesn't bother me as much as it used to, because I have come to the realization that some people will never have tastes/opinions/a single unique thought while I am full of them!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:23 pm
my sentiments exactly!  

Libidinal Catharsis

Jade Raccoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:59 pm
Know what realy pisses me off now? Star wars. It was one of the best series ever until they decided to remake it so that little kids would keep watching it. Now people are marveling at the posters just because all the people that had liked it in the past made it look like they were part of the "in" crowd. When my intrests suddenly become shared with that of a 10 year old, there is definately a problem. Also, I'm sick of playing againt whiney little brats in online games. If they can't stand losing so badly, then how the hell did they manage to get their parents to buy them a game that was intended to be played for people 17+.

Hell, I'm so sick of hearing the songs that I used to like that are played in my school every day that I've resorted to pulling out my collective soul and blue oyster cult albums.

Brad, AC/DC is not ******** classic rock. It won't be for about another 20 or 30 years. They started in 76, they're in a totally different category from the rolling stones.  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff